PDA

View Full Version : Otto Graham in Buenos Aires

Jackson
05-17-02, 03:01
Select "Add New Report" to begin this section.

OttoGraham
06-28-02, 17:06
OTTO IN PARADISE - DAY ONE

First of all, a big thumbs down to United Airlines for fecking up my connecting flight, leaving me with one less day for my holiday - lesson to be learned is DO NOT take the last connection to your gateway to Buenos Aires. Take an earlier flight, have a nice Cuban dinner in the airport in Miami, and then be sure you will make your Buenos Aires flight without difficulty.

Inbound to BsAs - United´s 777 from Miami does not have an Economy Plus section, so Otto squeezed his 6´1" frame into one of the seats intended for the hoi polloi (you think they would have upgraded me to business for missing my connecting flight the day before, but you would be thinking wrong - and this is for me, being a high-level frequent flyer on that airline).

As I am coming down the escalator from the airplane, a brunette stunner of about 24 is handing me a piece of paper.... Damn it, not her phone number but an advertisement for the duty free. She can keep it.

Quickly through passport control, the cute girl behind the glass gives me a nice look and says "enjoy your stay in Argentina, señor." Ha ha ha ha..... Little does she know how much I intend to enjoy it.

3.5 pesos to the dollar at the airport - just change a bit.

I took a taxi arranged from one of the kiosks just as you exit customs - 38 pesos plus some tips for the fellows who get you to the waiting car. Straight to the hotel, no hiccups. Driver offers me a cigarette. How thoughtful..... Now only if he had offered me a Cuban Cohiba, I would have accepted.

Check-in at the Etoile. 155 pesos a night for a mid-level suite, kind of down at the heels but perfectly acceptable and clean. Nice staff so far. Use the house safe, also they rent you a cell phone in your room. I took it.

Changed some more money at a Cambio around the corner from the hotel. Bring your passport, you can´t change money without it. 3.8 to the dollar downtown.

Took a walk. Nice area, Recoleta. Reminds me of Milan a bit. Gorgeous cemetery.

I remember Yabba´s posts, go to his French Street Bistro - two decent domestic beers for 5 pesos. Can´t beat 60 cents a brewskie - it is beaten only by the 5 cent brewskies I had in East Berlin in the early 80s (at the black market exchange rate of course).

Down the street to the local cathouse. No sign, just rang the doorbell. I was brought in, nice madam, speaks some English. Asked me how I found out about the place, of course I lied and said Joe Blow from Dallas told me about it. "Oh yes, I remember Joe," she says.

One after the other, three girls come in, say hello, give me a peck on the cheek. I reciprocate.

OH GOD. how to choose? Damn near perfection on the hoof. Oh, did I mention the price? 100 pesos for an hour.............. 30 bucks.

OK, first primordial need has been taken care of, now to get some food. Friday night in BsAs, what to do? Otto will choose from the smorgasborg. Perhaps a nice dinner with a Platynum beauty, a little roll in the hay, then "adios chica." Time then to hit Playwoman and Blacks, wouldn´t you say?

More to come.........

-Otto

CityDude
06-29-02, 07:01
Otto: Good beginning - Do visit Cafe Orleans. Last year, I lucked out having some-one with me from late afternoon till next mroning b/fast for approx USD 130.

OttoGraham
06-29-02, 13:08
OTTO IN PARADISE - DAY ONE, PART TWO

OK, so after my pleasant sojourn in the cathouse with una chica dulca, twas back to Etoile for some resting up and a shower. BTW - the French street cathouse really is a nice place, the rooms have their own bathrooms attached with a nice shower and (get this) a bidet. Now, I am not so exactly sure how a man might have use of a bidet, but one grins at the possibilities.....

From Etoile, I took a taxi to the Colmenga Spa recommended so highly by Saint. Ha ha ha! What a nest of macho men!

You get there, there IS an armed cop at the entrance. "Hola senor" and he waves El Yanqui in.

Anyway, for 150 pesos (perhaps I overpaid, but what the hell), you get an old-time men´s spa. Lockers, an attendant who has been there 20 plus years and who will show you around. When I got there I registered for a massage, about 90 minute wait. So I took off my clothes, locked them in the locker, went about my business clad in a towel like everybody else.

Showered, swam, took a hot sauna, zonked out on one of the couches (sleeping men everywhere in this place). If you´d like a cerveza, coke, or something else, the fellows will get it, perhaps best to keep a few stray pesos on your person somewhere.

At 7 o´clock they call for Señor Otto - my prize was a dark haired, dark eyed lovely who really did do a terrific massage. And her little pinky never failed to scrape against my scrotum when she was rubbing my legs, heh heh heh. But since you´re massaged in open-topped cubicles, I didn´t try to get el especial massage. After an hour´s bliss, a kiss on the cheek (bring more extra pesos for a tip, I´d say 20 or 30), and I was on my way downstairs. The attendant gave me deodorant to use, hairbrushes available, also some macho Argentinean cologne that I took a pass on. (I prefer the brand Yabba uses....)

Back to Recoleta by taxi. Guys, taxis right now are dirt cheap - two or three bucks will get you most anywhere in town, Recoleta to the Colmenga Spa was only 5 pesos with tip. You would have to be insane to drive a car in this town, let me assure you. So stick to taxis, they are abundant and cheap.

Near the Etoile I had dinner in a resturant fronting the cemetery, one below the Hooters, La Corrazada or something like that. It was packed at 10 o´clock on Friday, which was the reason I picked it (I figure if it is busy, the food is good). WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED! Terrific tenderloin, good chorizo, some piping hot scalloped potatoes, a half bottle of a nice local white wine (don´t whine at Uncle Otto about drinking a white wine with a big piece of tender steak, I will drink what I damn well like!). Pass on the dessert, have to watch my figure, heh heh heh. 45 pesos, 50 with tip.

Walked toward Playwoman, which fronts the cemetery on another side (directly opposite Etoile). A tout greets me at the corner, urges me to come in. While I normally ignore touts, don´t make the mistake I almost did. I got myself a first free drink, Tanqueray and Tonic on the house.

Playwoman is a small place, a bar to one side, a small dance floor to the other, a few couches spread about here and there. Inmediatamente, I see that even a schlep like Uncle Otto is the best guy in the place. As I get there, there were maybe 5 or 6 other fellows (this was about 11 o´clock on Friday night). Grandpas showing their age, plus some somewhat seedy-looking locals. Poor chicas! They had little to do except dance with eachother. Lots of selection to suit most tastes, probably 20 or so, ranging from 6 to 9. Not a bow wow in the bunch, let me assure you. Also very laid back.

However, a lovely by the name of Maxima collars me, and there is no going back. I play it cool for a bit, but she has these big dark eyes and pleasant expression, running her hand down my thigh, speaking with me in my broken Español. Oh hell, why resist? 5´11¨easy, not thin but womanly rounded everywhere (enhanced I was to learn, heh heh heh), very simpatica. So we are talking, I asked her ¨¿Que quieres?" (What do you want?) I loved the answer: "Sex and money!" An honest trixie! That sealed the deal in my book. Toda la noche, 300 pesos - no sense arguing, John Thomas was liking the stroking and God, those EYES! Bar tab was added up, including penalty drinks for toda la noche, 120 pesos. Not bad. An overnighter for 100 bucks. Hell, I have had terrible, quick hand jobs for twice that!

She was sweet, with a body made for sin, and sin we did for many hours. Ahhhhhhhhh life is good! She is up and on her way at 9 o´clock, pressing her numero de telefono in my hand and saying¨"llamame" (Call me!) Perhaps I shall, but not today!

Off for a walk through the city, breakfast croissant and coffee for 5 pesos.

This afternoon and tonight? Who knows......... Perhaps I shall let you all know tomorrow!

Tio Otto de Buenos Aires, signing off.........

OttoGraham
07-01-02, 19:04
OTTO IN PARADISE - DAY TWO

This is the second generation of this message, for yesterday I spent the better part of an hour recounting in lurid detail the previous day´s doings. However, just as I was about to click on the "Post" button - POOF - the computer shut down on me. ARRRGH!

So this will be an abbreviated version, and posted a day late. Damn it, I just don´t have time to keep you poor sods entertained, it was damn hard for me to come up for air from beneath that pile of heaving female bodies squirming on top of me, heh heh heh....

I may be repeating myself a bit, but Friday night was spent at Playwoman, with a wonderful companion called Maxima (at least that was her name that night). Plenty of GFE, a tall brunette with an enhanced rack and a curvy figure. 300 pesos toda la noche.

After she headed home on Saturday I wandered down to Puerto Madero and had lunch at a fantastic restaurant called El Marisol or something like that. Organ meats are the specialty, I had a plate of roasted veal kidneys and a blood sausage. Planning a return trip to munch on the roasted bulls´testicles. Heh heh heh. With a big bottle of local premium beer and a tip, 50 pesos.

Saturday afternoon was spent in the self-indulgent mode again, at Colmenga Spa. I tell you, right now I have SMOKIN´fingernails and toenails. My manipedicure and pedicure, plus a nice massage, 195 pesos.

Now, my masseuse was a dark-haired lovely who greeted me with a peck on the cheek, leading me to an upstairs cubicle enclosed on three sides only, kind of semi-private. Damn if she didn´t pay too much attention to ol´John Thomas´two round companions, those pinkies scraping the scrotum are a damn nuisance. So ol´John decides he wants some attention too, and starts to poke his head up to see what is going on. To make a long story short, my amiga whispered something sensual in my ear, the only words of which I understood were¨"Otto" and "cuantos" (how much). Heh heh heh...... I had kept 70 pesos on me just in case I decided to give in to the temptation. While she asked initially for 100 pesos, 70 was no problem - culminating in a shower of "el leche del ******." Heh heh heh.

No wonder there are so many men laying around on couches in this spa, sleeping. After making my good-byes, I joined them and sacked out like a proper man for another hour or so.......

Saturday night at Blacks (and another place, which for this second shall remain nameless) - details tomorrow.

Damn, you all wish you were me right now, even if you don´t realize it.......

Tio Otto de Buenos Aires

Fat Bastard
07-01-02, 23:01
Go Otto Go

Fat Bastard
07-01-02, 23:21
Hey Otto,

When you were at the Colmenga Spa, did that 70 pesos get you a HJ or more?

Fatty

OttoGraham
07-03-02, 15:21
OTTO IN PARADISE - DAY TWO, CONTINUED

OK, disciples, I know it has been long between my updates. You have exactly one guess as to why that is the case..........

Saturday, after a pleasant sojourn at the Colmenga Spa, I hit the Etoile again, for a little rest. At about 11:30pm I hit the world-famous Blacks.

Blacks is an upscale nightclub in Recoleta, leather couches, a long bar, and a small stage where the occasional show is put on, with different themes.

Saturday found about 40-50 girls there when I arrived, with about 15 fellows. Slow. But the girls were all 8s and above, by my reckoning. First drink is paid for by a cover, 20 pesos, thereafter, the drinks run about 20 pesos a pop.

I had bought myself a Havana Montecristo No.4, and was smoking like a chimney at the bar. Chatted with a fellow in BsAs from Sweden, a Nordic type enamored with the Latinas. He is 55 or so, but has a local girlfriend of 27, but in true Argentine style was in Blacks trying to score some strange......

After a while I started talking with another fellow, a Porteño in his 30s. In his decent English and my broken Spanish, we decided that the ass on display this evening was acting far too cold for our tastes. A discussion with one girl ended up with her telling him words to the effect that "You have to earn my attention, I am not sure I am interested in you." COLD! ¡Ay caramba´! Let me tell you friends, if I want to work to earn a chick´s attentions, there are cheaper places in this town to do it.

So, with my friend driving, we hit the road. Next stop, Affaire. Not the Recoleta Affair, the "other" one. Don´t ask me where it is, I don´t know, it was 3:00am, I was half in the bag and he was driving.

So we get there, and hey, I was the only Gringo in the place, which had maybe 6 girls clustered around the dank bar. The place was somewhat seedy, especially in comparison with the elegant Black with its tuxedoed doormen. JUST THE TICKET!

Unlike Black, the girls will come up and greet you, introducing themselves and returning to the barstools from whence they came. NOW - they don´t just sit at the bar, they sit with their knees on the barstools, leaning over the countertop......... Ah, the sights of Buenos Aires......

My amigo said to me, "Otto, I want break this ass," pointing to one of the lovelies. Muy bueno, go for it, mi amigo!!!!

He disappears with his friend, who was probably no more than a 6. But she had an ass that needed breaking, so more power to him!

In my suavest Spanish, I head over to one of the girls, lightly whacking her ripe bottom and introduce myself again.

I shall leave out the romantic details, but soon enough we retired to the hourly-rental rooms that Affairs has upstairs. 100 pesos an hour, if I can remember through the gin-and-tonic haze...... Kathy was her name, again probably a 6, but sweet, touchy-feely GFE. Promptly after one hour, there is a knock at the door..... Damn! Not quite finished! My amiga obliges, runs out with another 70 pesos or so, pays the attendant, and comes to attend my needs some more. Bless her.

Anyway, seedy place, girl who has seen better days, but genuine and pleasant GFE service. All told, a great lay. Yabba or Umgman said it best - when you have prosciutto available to eat every day, a little boiled ham can be mightly pleasant as well....... Anyway, I tip her 40 bucks, too much perhaps, but damn, after the ice princesses at Blacks, I was happy to have made her acquaintance.

Meantime, it is 6:00am

We head back downstairs to the bar after our two hour sojourn, my poor Porteño friend is slumped over on a couch, patiently waiting for El Gringo to return. The bartenders are closing up, first light is not far off.... Mi amigo obligingly drops me off back at Etoile, we resolve to get together a night again soon. Believe me, he will not be sorry he befriended Tio Otto, as you shall see in a later post.

Signing off, Tio Otto de Buenos Aires

OttoGraham
07-03-02, 15:47
OTTO IN PARADISE - DAY THREE, SUNDAY

After the morning´s doings at the "other" Affaire, I finally hit the sack at Etoile at about 7:00am on Sunday. Now Etoile is right in the center of the action, with clean rooms and a very nice staff. Very pleasant. BUT, as has been repeated any number of times, the beds are not very comfortable. But hell, I am paying about 40 bucks a night for a suite, so what the hay. Next time down here I shall stay someplace else, but the shower was hot, my body was exhausted from Kathy´s tender minstrations, and into the bed I go at first light.

Being a 9 to 5 type, this party-all-night sleep all day stuff comes hard. I am up at about 2 or so, my mouth tasting like old socks and a steady buzz in my ears, courtesy of Mr. Tanqueray.

A reader of this board, (I shall call him Mr. T), had sent me an email suggesting a get-together when he arrived, which we did in the afternoon, after I had managed to wolf down something roasted over an open flame. Don´t ask me what it was, all I rememeber was that it was warm and helped, slightly, with the parade of jackhammers drilling the inside of my skull.

I meet Mr. T, who is also staying at Etoile. Damn, I am not 19 anymore, I keep thinking, as his bright, eager eyes contrast with my slovenly appearance and blood-shot peepers.

Dinner at the Recoleta Village, at a chain restaurant called El Connelito or some damn name like that. (Hey, if they wanted Otto to remember their names, the restaurants would call themselves something like ´John´s Place´or The Big Bull.

Now, you may note that it is already nearly 10pm, and something is missing here, namely any mention of a woman. Women! They are exactly the cause of the misery forcing its way out of my head like a charging herd of stampeding elephants! NO MORE WOMEN, EVER. Heh heh heh..... Like all my resolutions, one easily broken.

Mr. T and I eventually wander over to Playwoman, my destination on my first night in BsAs, and I figure it is as good a place as any to bring a fellow on his first night in town.

Upon my arrival, probably 15 women of differenting types, ranging from a couple of 6s, some 7s, and some 8s. I sit down and reflexively order a gin-and-tonic. After I finish my drink, I notice something by happenstance..... What hangover? Oh, Lordy, I had forgotten that the best cure for a hangover is a good stiff drink! Hey, if I feel better after just one gin-and-tonic, imagine how good I would feel after five or six more...... Mr. Tanqueray, you are back in my will, I am sorry for having intended to disinherit you earlier.

And - lo and behold what do I see but my Friday night companion Maxima. Of course she sits down next to me, wraps herself over me, and says "Otto, I have been waiting for you to call me!" I reply, "Er, ah, em, ahhhh.... Maxima, meet my friend Mr. T." Now, the session with Maxima was truly pleasant, I don´t mean to mislead you. But I can´t have the same bottle of champagne every night, can I? So, no doubt with some twinge of regret, I manage to escape my dear Maxima with a minimum of fuss. Nice girl! I note happily that she was able to soon find another friend.

So Mr. T is a tough customer. He is not sure he likes any of the wares on display. Jeez! I like them all, perhaps a worse problem than not liking any.........

But eventually he finds a lady to his liking, as do I, a blond, pleasant lady named Andrea (now, just for you uninitiated, her real name is not Andrea, it is probably Unice, Bertha, or Hortence, but hell, it is hard for me to shout "Oh, Hortense, I am going to blow my spunk into you!" - so I prefer Andrea and we stick to that).

Now, another problem returns, and that is the problem of Demon Rum. Carrie Nation was right, liquor is the destroyer of families, lives, and in this particular circumstance, the destroyer of my libido. Even with my friend Andrea working very hard, Old Otto Jr. just is not really and truly into it. Eventually, yes, but damn, Andrea really earned her 300 pesos this night.

An early night, 3:00am or so, but heck, the sapping of my strength continues apace. Andrea leaves me her phone number, invites me to call her soon. Perhaps I shall, but for this moment, it is time to hit the hay and see what Monday brings.

Until next time,

Tio Otto de Buenos Aires

Franke
07-03-02, 15:52
Hi Otto,

...I am not in BsAs, but I wish I would be ! Thanks for the great posts, pretty much the best I have ever seen - are you some kind of writer by any chance ? Been to East Berlin these old Days as well - where interesting times...

Hope, you enjoy your stay and have a good time,

Franke

Saint
07-03-02, 18:20
Otto,

I told you that you would have the time of you life there. Yeah, the chicas at Blacks can be a little on the cold side. It definitely wasn't my favorite place but don't give up on it so quickly. There are definitely some hot girls in there. Some act like "ice princesses" until you go up and talk to them then they warm up. Although, most of them wanted a lot more than the other girls in town and I'm not sure most of them are worth it. Buyer beware I guess.

Also, ask around and see if Shampoo is open again. It is another club in town that closed down a while back. One of the chicas that I talk to told me it was supposed to have opened earlier this week. I think it's also in Recoleta close to Blacks but I've never been there.

That's the great thing about BA. There is something for everyone's taste. I've said it before and I'll say it again.... If you can't find a girl that you like in BA than you might be gay.

Have fun!

Saint

umgman
07-03-02, 19:26
Thanks for the reading material, Otto. Both I and a party buddy took Andrea for a spin a couple weeks back. Neither of us was highly impressed. She looks good, but didn't seem to like having to work for her money. I hope you gave her what-for!

I shit you not, go into Solid Gold--right next door to Playwoman. I think it will be right up your alley.

Indeed, I sure as shit wish I was you right now.

Jackson
07-03-02, 21:12
OTTO IN PARADISE - DAY FOUR, MONDAY

Monday comes late for Ol Uncle Otto, even though he got to bed at a somewhat decent hour (by Buenos Aires standards), 4:00 a.m., I don´t manage to rouse myself until about 12 noon. When I had gone to bed Sunday night I had forgotten to leave the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the front door, so I was awoken by the chambermaid.

My sleeping area is all the way in the back of my suite, and as is my wont, I was sleeping in my birthday suit. I had turned on the heat in the room (remember it is winter down here), so there was nothing separating Tio Otto from the rest of the room.

Anyway, a long setup for being woken up by the chambermaid walking back to the bedroom to change the sheets. Instead of sheets, she should have brought a Stars and Stripes to run up the flagpole she found when she came into the room. "¡Ay señor! ¡Lo siento!" she says as she flees the room. Tell me, should I have charged her 20 pesos for the free peek? Time to vote on this, all votes should be sent to ottograham@hotmail.com, responses will be tallied and posted in a future post.

So, after I shit, shower, and shave, no more shows for the hotel employees, time to get up for the day. I even manage to pass a wink to the thoroughly embarassed chambermaid in the hallway.

If you turn right out of the Etoile and walk down to the end of the block, there are two cafes facing each other across the street. I hustle in to get a cup of java and a prosicutto sandwich on a roll. Just right.... I read up the local English paper, El Herald, which I recommend you read during your stay. It is well edited and has a little section in the classifieds for escort agencies if that is your thing. Mr. T joins me, and while we are debating what to do, a local shoeblack works his way through the restaurant.

Economic times are hard here, but I certainly prefer somebody doing honest labor like shining shoes to those people who simply hang out on street corners and beg for money. Yes, I am sympathetic, but by and large I would rather see people keep their dignity by working, even if the services are small like shining shoes or selling flowers. Anyway, it seems I am getting my shoes shined here every day. 3 pesos per person, both Mr. T and I get a million dollar shine for our thirty dollar shoes. I give him a 10 and tell him to "keep the change, señor," which he happily does.

I lead Mr. T to a local cathouse I had already visited and described in an earlier post, eager to plow over a field that I had already worked. Three girls are working that day, by my judgment a 7, an 8, and a 9. I pick the girl I had previously seen, who greeted me with a squeal and pleasure that, if it was not genuine, at least was faked very well.

I spend about 3 hours with the chica, 300 pesos all told, and happy with her total GFE service, leave her 40 bucks as a tip. Keep all those angry emails to yourself that read "You are overpaying the chicas and are fouling everything else up for us other fellows," because I don´t care. I rather enjoy being treated like a king by a pretty girl who because she knows I am pleasant and a big tipper, a girl who is eager to run her tongue up the small of my back, working her way up betweeen my shoulder blades, and ending up nibbling on my neck and ears. We end up a lazy afternoon in the jacuzzi, fooling around and tickling each other. Ahhhhhhhhh bliss..............

For Monday night´s activities check in tomorrow, I am getting hungry, and since it is almost 9:00 pm here, the restaurants should finally be opening up. Mmmmmmmmm....... Steak.

Tio Otto de Buenos Aires

AlanBlues
07-04-02, 11:04
Does anyone have directions to the bordello Otto refers to in his posts? Specific directions from Art Suites, or Etoile would be good.

OttoGraham
07-04-02, 17:43
OTTO IN PARADISE - DAY FOUR, PART TWO

On my second day in BsAs I met a local Porteño accountant at Black, read my previous post for details.

Well, upon ending up my afternoon sojourn in the local cathouse, I dial up my amigo and we make plans to meet for dinner at a place called El Marisol (The Sunflower), and upscale place in Puerto Madero that I had previously eaten lunch at on Saturday. Mr. T rides shotgun with Uncle Otto, I find out to my surprise that he had not stayed at the bordello after I had gone back to the room with my chica. Ay, Mr. T is a hard man to please, his tastes are much more restrictive than mine. With yours truly, if it has a vagina and smells nice, it is in danger of getting drilled.

I feast on the roasted bull´s testicles that I had seen on the menu on my previous visit. The waiter, for dinner, had suggested a bottle of domestic cabernet sauvignon, which was exceptional. And for 32 pesos, it was priced like a bottle of Ernest & Julio Gallo. Mr. T graciously picks up the check, and bearing in mind the finicky taste of our companion, my amigo and I take him to black, figuring that even if the girls are ice princesses, they are the best looking in town.

In contrast to our visit on Saturday night, I seek out a place to sit on a leather couch in a corner, rather than at the bar. We are greeted by a very friendly and competent waitress named Evit. Guys, if you go to Blacks, ask to be seated in Evit´s section. In her so-so English and my so-so Spanish, in addition to her sterling drink service, she also offered some insightful comments on the girls, asking for some preferences if we had any. And with her assistance, for whatever reason, the girls in the place seem a bit warmer to us than they were on Saturday night. Perhaps it helped that I had splashed myself with some "Eau d´Yabba," which is sold at the higher-class whorehouses throughout BsAs, named after its inventor and popularizer.

After two bottles of the excellent cab sauvignon, I did not rememeber the lesson I had previously learned to my regret - that alcohol and whoring are not a good mix. Evit consistently, bless her, kept refilling my Tanqueray and tonics, so much to the point where I lost most of my libido. I said it before, I´ll say it again, Demon Rum will be the end of me.

Anyway, my Porteño friend has lassoed a gorgeous Argentine chick, with straight black shoulder-length hair, a slim but pleasantly curved figure, and the cutest small nose-ring doo-hickey on the top of one of her nostrils. I´ll be damned if I remember her name, but she is a stunner, and she is getting along very well with my friend. Meanwhile, I am slumped on the couch, slowly destroying my liver, admiring the tango show going on on the dance floor.

I also later note, with annoyance, that a couple of dopes, for all I know Americanos, are stomping and whooping it up on the dance floor, pinching the horseflesh and generally making asses of themselves. If I wanted to watch Yanqui assholes in action I could tune in to C-SPAN and watch Tom Daschle or Richard Gehpardt wheezing on the floor of the Congress, but in Black it is just gauche.

Meanwhile, Mr. T has a huge smile on his face, arms stretched behind his head. I keep asking him who he is interested in, as does Evit, but all he does is have his eyes glaze over........ And he has been drinking nothing stronger than Shirley Temples. Ah, another case of sensory overload.

OK, decision time for myself. What to do........

I decide to throw in the towel. Now, you Otto groupies will be disappointed, but you have to bear in mind that I spent all afternoon being milked like a jersey cow. I am just a man, nay a legend, but still I am no machine. Better, I think, to rest up for some more fun on the morrow.

My amigo, however, has reached an impasse with his dark-haired lady friend. Apparently she has told him 100 Americanos dollars for all the fun he can handle, and in the local environment, this is a lot of money for him, even though he is a professional and a relatively well-paid one to boot. At this point he tells me he is going to el baño to take a whiz, but my suspicion is that, with the gorgeous young thing sitting by his side for the last 30 minutes, and now with no prospect of getting its panties off, he is going to el baño to blow a load of jizz on the wall of the john. God knows, if I were in his place I would too.

Anyway, the chica senses this is the end too, and gets up after my friend heads to the can, and resumes her girlie chat with her friends. But no, mis amigos, this is not the end of the story. Would you leave a friend high-and-dry like that if you had the means to help him out in his moment of desperation? Well, maybe you would but Uncle Otto won´t. I slip over to the chica, tell her that the problem is solved, and to come back to our pleasant couch. My friend returns, and I intercept him before he reaches the couch, sticking my hand in his pocket and leaving a Benjamin where heretofore only some worthless Joses and Guillermos had resided thenceforth. No, he doesn´t want it, but I tell him to go for it, and with that gorgeous thing sitting waiting for him with lovely eyes, he doesn´t take much convincing. Mr. T, apparently unable to select anybody for himself, obligingly slips a couple of high-quality Yanqui rubbers into our amigo´s other pocket.....

The rest, they say, is history. Our Porteño friend heads off, girl in tow, for one of the local hourly-rental hotels. The next day he calls me, effusive with thanks, and saying that it was one of the best shags of his life. Heh heh heh..... Ol´Tio Otto doing his best to make our Argentine friends think better of us Americanos. And what better way to do that than to get them laid?

Now, Mr. T and I abandoned Blacks Monday night without any girls in tow, me being just too drunk and tired, he being unable to make a selection amongst the dozens of lovelies on display. On the other hand, even if I did take one home with me, it would be for naught, as a drunken Otto is a notoriously bad lover.

But all-in-all, by my accounts a terrific night out on the town, even if it does not end with a squirming lovely beneath me, squealing and saying to me in Spanish, "It is too big, Otto, it is too big! For the love of God, please stop!"

"Sorry," I reply in my best Español, "I don´t understand......"

Check this space tomorrow for an account of a night on the town with the estimable Jackson, El Jefe del WSG Forum.

Tio Otto de Buenos Aires

Toosh
07-04-02, 19:15
Otto,

Thanks for the reports and especially the tip about Evit. I'll be heading down there on the 30th and I quarantee you I ain't eatin no bull's nuts. The chicas can eat mine all they want though. Don't fuck the hell out of all them cause I intend to fuck the hell out of the rest of em.

JamesBond69
07-04-02, 19:37
Tio Otto you're the greatest horndog in the universe, really helping out the locals who can not afford to feast in their own backyard!! Keep up the email. It reads like a Henry Miller novel, only better. This is the best of WSG, no doubt.

>Now, Mr. T and I abandoned Blacks Monday night without any girls in tow

Why????????????????????????????????

Are there TRUE 10's in Blacks, like Sports Illustrated swimsuit covergirl quality? How does it compare in quality and price with Playgirl. Seems like Blacks is about $25 more for todo el noche, with a greater selection and slightly better talent.

>Check this space tomorrow for an account of a night on the town with the >estimable Jackson, El Jefe del WSG Forum.

Can't wait to get El Jefe's take on the scene in BA.

Few quick questions:

Is it safe to walk around at night outside recoleta?

Can you leave a computer in your room at E'Toile without worrrying?

Is there internet access in the rooms?

eric7
07-04-02, 23:40
Otto and all others....
I too will be there on the 12th thru the 16th.
Going for a short weekend trip and I'll be my first time in B.A. Extensive travel/expierence throughout Europe and Central America.
I am awaiting e-mail reponse from Etoile as far as rates/avail for suite accom.
Will be present this time w/mi esposa cubana. Ex-flight attendent who loves to strut her stuff and dress up, and is looking forward to the night life in B.A. Would love to meet up with some of the gang some nights. She will get into being part of the "scene" and will get off on seeing the play unfold before her eyes in some of the clubs.
I'll post again once I find out where I'm staying.

Hasta luego

Eric

JamesBond69
07-06-02, 12:40
Is Otto still in Paradise or what?

OttoGraham
07-06-02, 20:08
OTTO IN PARADISE - DAY FIVE, TUESDAY

Otto caught a bit of a cold on Tuesday morning, and it was just as well that one of the trixies who was supposed to meet him for a day´s fun in BsAs failed to call in the morning to confirm her appointment. Now, I am due to leave BsAs on Wednesday night. However, with the excellent time I am having, I decide to try to extend my stay. I call up United, and with a minimum of fuss, I am able to extend my ticket until Monday night, July 8, without a change penalty. Kudos to United. Yippee for me!

Anyway, to stop my runny nose, I went to the local pharmacy to purchase some over the counter antihistimine. Now, in such stores down here, you have to ask for everything from the attendant behind the counter, which is easily enough done if you speak some Spanish, but which could be intimidating if you don´t. So I would recommend to everybody to bring a box of Dristan with them, perhaps a dosage regimen of Cipro in order to stave off bronchitis if need be, and some Tylenol/Advil. The antihistimine box says "take one tablet twice a day." Since I need quick relief, I take three at once. (Several hours later, I see that the drying action of the anti-histimines have turned my face into a prune, but hey, if the prune is paying in Yanqui dollars, the girls will overlook a pruneface when they wouldn´t overlook a runny nose!

Lunch was spent at the El Parillon de Recoleta, which is a parrilla on restatuant row, next door to the NewPort Pub/meatmarket. It has an excellent kitchen, with some English-speaking staff. One black fellow here (one of the few I have seen in this city) is from the Dominican Republic and speaks excellent English, and is a big baseball fan in this city of soccer fanatics.

I happened into the internet cafe in the basement on the other side of NewPort (two doors down from El Parillon) and noticed a fellow reading the WSG homepage. I asked "Hey, what´s your name?" And the reply comes, "Jackson" Ah hah! Small world!

Soon afterwards Jackson and Otto are joined at the World Sports Cafe down the block by Boston Jim, a fellow outside the US for the first time, for a three-night trip to Buenos Aires. THREE NIGHTS! Poor sod. (BTW, skip the food at the World Sports Cafe) Jackson kindly offers a tour of some of the various spots in town, beginning then (about 7:00).

We took a taxi from Recoleta to Microcentro, to a small bar called Periplo Bar. This is a businessmen´s hangout, open from 4pm to 4am. It has dark wood paneling, leather chairs, and older bartenders dressed like Admirals of the Argentine Navy. The older, white haired, round fellow speaks good English and lays out a spread of snacks in conjunction with the drink of your choice. 20 pesos for a mixed drink, there were maybe 6 girls there, ranging from 6 to 8 (Otto is a somewhat liberal grader, remember). None of them were particularly whored up, a look which I prefer to having everything hanging out. We are there solely for the drinks, but one girl in particular looks like Otto´s old secretary with whom he spent many an afternoon in urgent private dicktation sessions some years ago. Obligingly, she has a card for the bar with her cell phone number listed, available to give to me when I was leaving.

Next stop, Cutty Sark, which is about a three block walk from Periplo, at about 9pm. 12 to 15 girls, ranging from 5 to 7, with two I would grade out at a 9, named Gabriella and Sarah. Predictably, Gabriella and Sarah attach themselves to the sides of Jackson and Boston Jim, leaving me the remainder for myself. Thanks fellows! My story is that I am a homosexual, rather than break the hearts of the girls in the room, none of whom especially did it for me. Of course, this horrified the two girls with Jackson and Boston Jim, who spent their time trying to convince me to come back from the dark side with one of their soft-skinned friends. The girls here are dressed up more like trixies, with one or two exceptions. So if you like your look a bit more trampy, this would be a better choice than Periplo. (Personally, I like Periplo because it is elegant in a decaying kind of way, and the girls will not come up to you unless you indicate so.)

They knew what they were doing, as my being a free agent was the perfect excuse for us to take our leave at about 10.

We walk to Orleans Cafe, which is about four blocks from Cutty Sark. Orleans cafe is a regular coffehouse, but with singles and groups of younger girls waiting for their Knight in Shining Armor to come sweep them off their feet (at the low, low price of 150 pesos an hour!). On this evening, there were probably 12 girls in the cafe, all of whom were dressed normally. Probably 6s, 7s, and 8s, tending to the early side of their 20s. A coffee, glass of soda water, some eye contact, all for the cost of a regular coffee in a regular cafe, four pesos or so.

We don´t chat with any girls, but move on to Cattos Disco Show. Cattos is a very low-light nightclub with a bar, a few tables, and a dance floor where a torch singer belted out some vocals with estimable grace. Jackson is enraptured with the 40-something singer, with her womanly figure clad in a slinky white cocktail dress, lovely melodies coming from her beautiful lips. Boston Jim and I are ambushed by two lovelies, one a dark haired and dark eyed Brazilian of about 28, the other a blondish tall Argentinean of about 24. Unfortunately neither of them spoke English, but I was pretty sure we could speak some French and perhaps some other languages for that same low 150 peso rate. One note - the girls at Catto´s have to report back to the bar after their dates, probably a security device for the girls, so if you are seeking a true all-nighter you may face some obstacles unless you or your date speaks good enough English to hurdle this obstacle.

Anyway, Boston Jim and I manage to peel the girls off us, and peel Jackson´s tongue off the floor while he was watching the torch singer do her stuff. Destination, for the benefit of Boston Jim on his last night, BLACK.

Blacks is rocking, with a number of businessman types and about 40-50 girls, ranging from 7 to 8, 9, and 10. I find my favorite waitress Evit, and she manages to get us seated at her section after some initial difficulties.

We chat with some girls, God, they are gorgeous in this place. One who was chatting with Boston Jim gives him the address of her massage parlor on Guido Street that she runs during the day, but I will be damned if I remember the number, sorry. I never got to see it, even though I wanted to go. Ask the medium-length dark haired one with huge mounds, aged about 35 or so, there is a good chance she will be the one. Or, of course, you could ask Evit, she is a great source for this kind of info. Tip her well, of course, I am leaving her a 20-25% tip and a kiss on the cheek.

Anyway, none of us decide that Black is the place that night. On the other hand, it is a great place to observe the flora and fauna, and I think you can find true love with a 10 here, or perhaps more accurately, true love with a 10 for a couple of hours...........

Last stop, New Port Pub, which is on the end of the Recoleta Restaurant Row. Jackson makes his apologies and heads off for another spot he wanted to check out. I can´t say how things turned out for him, but Jackson never fails to score something he likes, heh heh heh........

As I am walking to New Port, I pull out the number of the girl from Periplo I had gotten earlier. Damn, she really did remind me of my lost and much lamented secretary. It is about 12:30 or so, I tell her to meet me at New Port.

So, I wait. And I wait. I nurse a drink. I nurse a second. The time is now 1:30. NewPort is rocking, a tavern/dance club with a live band and a college night club ambience. Mind you, Periplo is a 10 minute taxi ride away. My Periplo girl still does not appear, and there are plenty of available girls waiting to make my acquaintance. Oh hell, Boston Jim and I decide ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, and attach ourselves to a pair of Brazilian girls, a slim bottle blonde with funny bleached eyebrows, and a taller, enhanced bottle redhead. Jimbo opts for the redhead, damn him, again he gets the one I wanted. Oh well........

So anyway, we dance, flirt, make out a bit on the floor..... 300 pesos for two hours. Back to Etoile.... On the way, my cell phone starts ringing. And ringing. And ringing......... Guess who........

Anyway, I learn later that the girl from Periplo had arrived actually when I had given her up for dead, but didn´t feel like stepping between me and my new-found Brazilian friend. Trixie ethics, I guess..... But she did want me to know she had seen! Arrgh! Caught out again!

Anyway, we have an indifferent session, OK but no stars fall. CBJ, shagging..... YMMV. Off she goes, Otto is off to sleep.

Tio Otto de Buenos Aires

OttoGraham
07-06-02, 20:15
JamesBond69

Some answers to your questions:

Yes, there are SI 10s in Blacks. Price subject to negotiation. You will definitely pay more here than anyplace else in BsAs, bar none. Money well spent if you go strictly by looks. But my preference is personality first, looks second. A great session with a homely but enthusiastic girl is far better in my book than colder session with a 10. I just didn´t find a girl who did the trick for me enough to warrant spending the extra money, although my friend the local Porteño, did.

It is safe here in Recoleta. Obviously there is some crime everywhere, but it is as safe or safer than wandering Rush Street in Chicago or Columbus Street in San Francisco. Use sense, bring only enough money you can afford to lose, leave credit cards and ATMs and passports at the hotel in the safe.

I would not recommend Etoile, only for the beds. In fact I have changed hotels in mid-stay, LoisSuites is 150 bucks a night with tax and is an excellent 4 star hotel with new rooms. As for the safety of your stuff, I didn´t sense any danger, but I would box it up and leave it in the closet, not out in front of everything where it would be a temptation for a chambermaid. Starfe is very happy he brought his laptop with him, as he has seen almost only Internet girls here, while I have seen only club girls, partly because I can´t access the profiles except in the internet cafe.

Otto

JamesBond69
07-06-02, 22:46
>Yes, there are SI 10s in Blacks. Price subject to negotiation.

correct me if I am wrong Uncle Otto...for all night -todo el noche- , including exit drinks, cabs, etc - it seems it is around (ballpark figure):

$150 for Blacks
$100 for Playgirl

Around $50 for the other places you mention, right?

PS

Argentina is a very sophisticated PROUD "European" orientated country/culture that is now in deep trouble...

I've been to Cuba where there are prostitutes that are doctors and lawyers by day...so....hence this question:

I'm sure you hear lots of BS from the girls in these clubs but anywhere...

So here's the question:

Given the current grave economic situation in Argentina do you have a sense that the girls you are meeting in the clubs are all real pro's and have always been pro's and or are there girls from the middle class, professionals, students, etc....that have recently (post devaluation-January 2002) joined their ranks out of neccesity?

What is the "girl on the street" non pro situation. Do you have have a sense that the girls are throwing themselves at whatever they can find to get out of the situation/country like in a really underdeveloped country...etc....or are they proud and holding on to their dignity?

JamesBond69
07-06-02, 23:25
Another quick question...Tio Otto.....

I speak Spanish but I'm curious....

what percentage of the girls in the club speak some get by tourist level English?

What percentage speak English well?

roberto
07-07-02, 20:08
I have another question for Otto or anyone else who has been to BA. I am going for the first time in September, but am wondering what one does if you are, like me, not a night owl. I like to do my carousing during the day or early evening, and don't really feel safe running around town in the a.m. The idea of staying up till midnight for a club like Black's to open is not for me. One of the great things about Rio is that there is plenty of action during the day and early evening.

Are there clubs were the action gets going at a more sensible hour? Are there outdoor cafes, for example, where you could find someone in the afternoon? I suppose you can get the escorts to come to your hotel at any hour, but the ones I have seen on the internet are a bit too mannequiny for my taste.

JamesBond69
07-07-02, 22:40
[QUOTE]Originally posted by roberto
>[i]I have another question for Otto or anyone else who has been to BA. I >am going for the first time in September, but am wondering what one does if >you are, like me, not a night owl.

I've been to BA and dinner is at around 10pm and the work day starts at around 11am so it's a real late city but since 20% of the people are now jobless and I wager for anyone under 30 the rate is far higher there must be lots of people who have nothing to do during the day as well as the night but hustle to survive, one way or another.

Let's see what Otto has to say on the subject, as he's there now.

Andres
07-07-02, 22:58
Roberto:

Buenos Aires has many thinks to do during daylight. After all, it is a 13M people metropolis.

I would recomend that you visit at least the following places:

- La Boca: A low-middle class neighborhood located 15min. south of downtown. It used to be an Italian immigrants quarter, so you will find many Italian restaurants and Cantinas. The most typical place in La Boca is Vuelta de Rocha, a curve made by the Riachuelo river in which you ill find museums, restaurants, painters selling their works in the street and the colorful Caminito street. Try to watch the Benito Quinquela Martin's paintings of the port in the museum nearby. Go before 6PM, because afterwards the place becomes sketchy.

- Tigre: The Parana river pours into the Rio de la Plata making a delta-like region (a place of mud islands surrounded by rivers). Something similar to those found at Mississippi and Nilo rivers. Tigre is a city next to this marvel, to which you can get by the Mitre train in Retiro (Tigre branch - 40 minutes). There, you can rent a boat (should be very cheap in Dollars) or take a "lancha colectiva" (public boat), which will bring you to "Recreos" (leisure sport complexes located in the islands). There, you can eat a wonderful asado and play tennis, soccer or take a bath (if you dare in Winter...) Nice and quiet place to get a break from the city. Best in Summer or Spring.

- Olivos: The city of Olivos (45-60 minute north of downtown) has a magnificent port, very small but cozy. There, you can take another wonderful asado (at night or day) and walk through the esplanade. You have a broad landscape view of the river. To save money, you may rent a "Remise" (livery). Ask in your hotel for a remise. I can recomend you Le Coq, which is the one I use when in BA.

- Palermo Viejo: The typical middle class neighborhood. Did you read anything from Jorge Luis Borges or Leopoldo Marechal? Many of their histories happen in this neighborhood. Narrow streets, with trees along the walkway and "casas chorizo" (sausage houses, long and narrow properties) next to each other. Walk though Serrano-JLBorges street and get to "La Placita" (small square in Honduras st. and Serrano st.). Nice place to take a beer and meet non-pros.

Respect to the daylight action, see my posting in the Buenos Aires section on June 22nd.

We the Porteños are late night owls. It would be very difficult to find significant action before 11PM-12AM, so think twice before comig. Usually, people don't eat out before 9PM.

Hope this helps,

Andres

Starfe
07-07-02, 23:03
roberto,

just got back today.

"its possible to never leave your hotel if you want."

i am one lazy mo fo. i booked almost all my girls off the internet and was 90% thrilled with the action i got. i am not a late not guy. in bed by 1am.
that means i saw girls during the day at
1pm
5pm
9pm
and 11:30 pm.
not everyday like that but 4 out of the 6 days. a little bit to much for a guy 50 years old.

most of the girls i saw from the internet were better then what i saw at blacks or playwoman.

i speak almost no spanish but the hotel staff at the loisuites was outstanding in booking and keeping me on track. i almost felt like the staff was on my payroll.

i am wee bit tired from the flight so if you have any more questions just post them and i will try to help

MY BEST TO JACKSON AND OTTO.
hope all is well with you

starfe

Starfe
07-07-02, 23:09
roberto,

" I suppose you can get the escorts to come to your hotel at any hour, but the ones I have seen on the internet are a bit too mannequiny for my taste. "

research and a little luck go long way on the net!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

like i said, i would do it the same way the next trip. if you don't like the girl, give her a $20 and send her on her merry way.

starfe

this is my way, and i had came back with not 1 bad experience.

JamesBond69
07-07-02, 23:10
>i booked almost all my girls off the internet and was 90% thrilled with the action i got.

Incredible....

Were you able to connect in your hotel room?
If so, dial-up or DSL?

Were the girls exactly like their pictures?

What URL's did you use?

Do you think these escort also work the clubs between calls?

What were the rates?

Starfe
07-07-02, 23:31
brought my laptop, but the hotel had 2 free computers down stairs.

dial up in room . my laptop was faster so called from my room. if there girl was home i told her i would call back and had the staff do it. i paid a litlle more since time was important to me. girls always showed up within 15 minutes of appt.
if they like you they are very loving. maybe onlt 2 were a little cold
out of 16 or so girls.

they bodes were pretty much what you see on the site. as for the face some were better then their pics and some not as good.
all very passable but with so much to pick from you get jaded.
i have no idea if the girls work the clubs from the site.

like i said i paid more then the going rate

http://www.area-vip.com.ar/area/area-vipingles.htm

starfe

Starfe
07-07-02, 23:56
one last point:

an idiot with very little money can have a good time in B.A..

DON'T OVERTHINK THE TRIP. I DID AND ITS WAS NOT NECESSARY. IT WILL ALL FALL INTO PLACE ONCE YOU GET THERE.

A MUST IS FLYING BUSINESS CLASS DOWN THERE. UPGRADE YOUR TICKET

FROM MIAMI

9 HOURS DOWN
8 HOURS BACK

2 HOUR LAYOVER TO WHEREVER YOUR GOING IN MIAMI

JamesBond69
07-08-02, 00:10
Area VIP is impressive...some photos hint at a Sports Illustrated 10....

>like i said i paid more then the going rate

What's the going rate?

Starfe
07-08-02, 00:23
150 to 200 pesos for 1 and1/12 hours.
1 or 2 girls aked for 250 pesos

Saint
07-08-02, 00:52
Welcome back Starfe. I can assure all that Starfe was very pleased. I emailed back and forth with him a few times a day. That guy was one busy guy down there. I only saw about 3 of the girls from Area-VIP but they were all good and had great sessions with them. Also, the prices when I went were 200 pesos for a short term visit of 1 1/2 hours and that was when the exchange rate was only 3.10 - 3.20 . So the prices are great!

The internet is good for those not wanting to go out late at night. There is something for everyone in BA. I told Starfe before he left not to worry about anything. No worries. Everything will fall in place if you go down. Pleasure will find you.

Good luck all.

Saint

AK233
07-08-02, 01:29
Starfe and Saint,

I also like the idea of using the playnum and area-vip websites for action. I am planning a trip to BA later this year and will be using the girl sites extensively. Which girls did you meet and what are your ratings (as you mentioned, all with great bodies, but which had matching beautiful faces)? In particular, I enjoy BBBJ. Were you able to get this service from the web girls without hassle? If you don't want to post your girl recommendations directly on WSG, I would appreciate it if you would drop me a line at ak233@hotmail.com. Many thanks.

Saint
07-08-02, 02:13
AK233,

Rule #1. Don't try to over plan because odds are things might change before you go down. I printed out no less than 40-50 sheets of paper from Area-vip.com.ar and Platynum.com.ar planning to see tons and tons of those girls. You know what? I only saw about 7 or 8 from the combined sites because of all the girls I met in the clubs.

Also, don't get too set on seeing a particular girl if you're not going for a while. Some of these girls take time off, go on vacation, travel to other cities to work, etc. A few of the ones I wanted to see the most were gone when I was there. No doubt you will be able to find what you are looking for.

I sent you an email answering specific questions. I don't like to post too detailed things on a public board. But long story short, YES, most girls will provide BBBJ with no problem. Of course as with any situation YMMV (you're mile may vary) but I talk to a ton of guys that email me that go down there and they all have had luck too.

Each of the different places has it's uses. I'm sure I'll use the Area-VIP girls ALOT more when i return later this year. I'm very picky though. I've read some of the reports about willing to give a few points in the looks department for a good attitude. All things considered....I want both! LOL. Seriously, my attitutde is why go all the way down to BA to get together with a mediocre girl? I'd rather pay 300 pesos to be with a superstar all night than get a freebie from a mediocre girl. No one is right or wrong. That's the great thing here. Do whatever makes you happy.

I'm also usually not a "late night" guy but I turned into one in BA. Every night we didn't eat dinner till at the very earliest 10 PM. Then went to the various clubs. After a while your body gets used to it.

** A side note to Tio Otto*** Way to hang in their buddy. I told you that you would have a blast. Looking forward to hearing about Otto's "homestretch".

OttoGraham
07-08-02, 15:38
OTTO IN PARADISE - SPECIAL REPORT

¡Ay caramba! Poor Tio Otto is desperately behind on his reports....... I must say this city is Paradise Found, no kidding.

No time for an extensive report today, it is my last day in BsAs (Monday 8 Jul) and the pace is at a frenzy.......

Have no fear my disciples, I will be answering all questions and making an extensive final report tomorrow evening.

Tio Otto de Buenos Aires

Hulk
07-08-02, 18:38
Saint:

As you said, YMMV, but after my many trips to BA I would have to disagree with you and say that finding BBBJ's is an issue. Most of the girls I've had are from websites and I'd say more than half of them would not do a BBBJ. If you're frame of reference is U.S. escorts then about 50% may be OK, but my frame of reference is Brazil. And after close to 10 trips to both Rio and Sao Paulo I have yet to find a girl who wouldn't do a BBBJ in Brazil.

Saint
07-08-02, 21:46
Hulk,

I guess my milage varied for the better during my 11 day stay in BA. You've no doubt had more experience in BA than me. I can tell you that I saw many girls during my stay and only about 2 to maybe 3 max didn't perform a BBBJ.

As far as American escorts. I guess I've been lucky in that category too. I don't see US escorts anymore but I can't begin begin to count how many I saw. I got BBBJ's from most of them too so as always YMMV.

I'm really looking forward to going to Brazil in the near future.

Hulk, you sound like a BA and Brazil pro. I have a little dillema that maybe you can help me with. (Or anyone else for that matter). I'm going to BA in December and would like to sneak away to Rio or Sao Paulo for a few nights. The problem is that I don't have a visa and I can't get a visa to Brazil without a plane ticket. Is it possible to get a visa to Brazil from the Brazillian embassy in BA quickly? This Brazillian girl I know in BA assures me that I can get one the same day that I apply without a plane ticket. Does anyone know if that is true? Or has anyone gotten a visa for Brazil in BA? Thanks.

Hulk
07-08-02, 22:13
Saint:

Regarding the Brazil visa, I got mine in the US so I can't vouch for what the situation in BA is like. But if you want to have your visa issue taken care of, I'd suggest the following:

If your credit card can take it, purchase a fully refundable ticket to Rio or Sao Paulo. Then, get your visa, which I think is just a three or four day turnaround if you don't live in a city with a Brazilian consulate. Then, get a refund on the fully refundable ticket. I think a fully refundable ticket to Rio might be around 2K, so this means you'll tie up about 2K of the credit line on your credit card for about a week, but you'll have the peace of mind of going to BA with your Brazilian visa in hand.

One caveat though: if you're flying down in December, do what I suggested in October or November. Even though the Brazilian visa is valid for five years, you have to enter Brazil for the first time within 90 days of the visa being issued. I hope this helps.

Saint
07-09-02, 12:54
Thanks Hulk! That's an excellent idea. I never even thought of that. I have been told that it's fairly easy to get a visa from BA but you never know what the situation will be like down there. I'd rather have peace of mind. Thanks again.

Cheers.

RB1
07-09-02, 19:55
Saint or others, I will be in argentina the first week of december. i speak spanish fluently and an very familiar with argentina as my parents were born and raised there. Will anyone else be there that week?

OttoGraham
07-10-02, 15:53
OTTO IN PARADISE - POSTMORTEM

Your Ol' Uncle Otto originally went down Buenos Aires way with the intention of a five-night stay, to end on July 3. Well, well, well, fate has other plans, doesn't it?

By July 2 I had been having such fun so as to want to stay longer over the weekend. A call to United Airlines revealed that seats were available for return to the U.S. on Monday July 8th, but not earlier. UA waived the $100 re-schedule fee when I asked, so if you are down there and want to extend your stay, ask away.

During my stay in BsAs, I didn't see any internet girls. I thought that the number and quality of the real-life girls I was able to meet in coffee shops, nightclubs, and businessmen's bars was more than adequate for my tastes. On the other hand, starfe, whom I saw a couple of times when our visits overlapped, saw nothing but internet girls. He was very happy with his decision, as was I, so do whatever feels good for you.

One of the things you can do to make your trip more fun is to brush up on your Spanish. I took two years of Spanish in college, but had not been to a Spanish-speaking country ever, except for Florida.... ;-) Even so, the few words and sentences I was able to put together made it much much much easier to communicate, not only in la cama (bed), but en los restaurantes, los taxis, i con los chicas (with the girls). The flip side was that I was very much able to understand most conversations, especially within the context they were taking place.

Next, get yourself out of Recoleta.

Food in BsAs is excellent, but there is more than Recoleta Restaurant Row. Two really excellent places were a French place in Palermo called Le Biblo (www.lebiblo.com) and the Renault Museum (which is a combination sushi bar and Italian restaurant), nearby to Le Biblo. Cost at each place, including a bottle or two of one of the more expensive wines on the menus: 200 pesos.

But hands down the best restaurant for my money is a Parrilla chain called El Mirasol, which I wrote about in an earlier post. There is one in Puerto Madero, and another under a highway overpass right next door to the Four Seasons Hotel. The filet mignon I had at the one next to the Four Seasons was the best I have ever had, and it cost about 20 pesos. There are three or four other good places right next to the Four Seasons as well, as well as a series of good places in the old warehouses of Puerto Madero, so no need to stay in Recoleta.

I am sure there are more ideas, let yourself go down there and roll with whatever tempts you. Feel free to post questions, I will do my best to answer them in the forum here.

Tio Otto de Buenos Aires

OttoGraham
07-10-02, 16:00
Originally posted by roberto
I have another question for Otto or anyone else who has been to BA. I am going for the first time in September, but am wondering what one does if you are, like me, not a night owl. I like to do my carousing during the day or early evening, and don't really feel safe running around town in the a.m. The idea of staying up till midnight for a club like Black's to open is not for me. One of the great things about Rio is that there is plenty of action during the day and early evening.

Are there clubs were the action gets going at a more sensible hour? Are there outdoor cafes, for example, where you could find someone in the afternoon? I suppose you can get the escorts to come to your hotel at any hour, but the ones I have seen on the internet are a bit too mannequiny for my taste.

I would recommend changing your sleep pattern. Nothing goes on in any nightclubs until 10-11 p.m. at the earliest. People normally go out to dinner at 9. Sometimes the Orleans Cafe has some action during the day, or maybe somewhere like Periplo Bar after work hours, say, after 5 pm. While I was in BsAs I slept every day until noon, and didn't go out for dinner until 9. When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

OttoGraham
07-10-02, 16:09
Originally posted by jamesbond69
>Yes, there are SI 10s in Blacks. Price subject to negotiation.

correct me if I am wrong Uncle Otto...for all night -todo el noche- , including exit drinks, cabs, etc - it seems it is around (ballpark figure):

$150 for Blacks
$100 for Playgirl

Around $50 for the other places you mention, right?

PS

Argentina is a very sophisticated PROUD "European" orientated country/culture that is now in deep trouble...

I've been to Cuba where there are prostitutes that are doctors and lawyers by day...so....hence this question:

I'm sure you hear lots of BS from the girls in these clubs but anywhere...

So here's the question:

Given the current grave economic situation in Argentina do you have a sense that the girls you are meeting in the clubs are all real pro's and have always been pro's and or are there girls from the middle class, professionals, students, etc....that have recently (post devaluation-January 2002) joined their ranks out of neccesity?

What is the "girl on the street" non pro situation. Do you have have a sense that the girls are throwing themselves at whatever they can find to get out of the situation/country like in a really underdeveloped country...etc....or are they proud and holding on to their dignity?

OK, I would estimate toda la noche to be closer to $200-250 for Blacks. I never took a girl out of there for a TLN, so this is just an estimate. It depends on the girl, your appearance, your negotiations, etc.....

I had a TLN with a terrific girl from Playwoman called Maxima for 300 pesos, plus I think I tipped her an extra hundred in the morning.

I am not a hard bargaininer in such situations, 300-400 pesos a night is nothing for me, so I do not begrudge the girls that or even more if they want to ask for it.

As for the economic situation, I do not think the economic crisis has led a lot of girls to take up hooking, the scene existed long before the events of last December brought prices crashing down.

As for the girls on the street, they have plenty of dignity, I think. There is no shame in having a Novio Americano (American boyfriend) though. As an American, you are a desirable quantity anywhere in the world if you are relatively decent looking, polite, and thoughtful. The feedback I got about Porteno fellows was not completely dreadful, but it seems the girls down there think they are taken somewhat for granted by the local men. Again, an opening you can exploit if you are interested in meeting non-pros.

JamesBond69
07-10-02, 20:33
> Looking forward to hearing about Otto's "homestretch".

Dear Uncle Otto,

You've been very generous with hobby info. I was wondering when you get a chance if you could give us some details about those final days...

Where you went, some description of the various venues, prices, etc....for that "homestretch in the Argentine...

thanks in advance

OttoGraham
07-11-02, 13:12
> Looking forward to hearing about Otto's "homestretch".

Dear Uncle Otto,

You've been very generous with hobby info. I was wondering when you get a chance if you could give us some details about those final days...

Where you went, some description of the various venues, prices, etc....for that "homestretch in the Argentine...

thanks in advance

Ah hah! Uncle Otto was afraid this question would be bandied about.

Well, I said in a previous post that if you are a reasonably handsome, polite, and thoughtful fellow, you are an attractive commodity to local girls in most areas of the world. Well, that's true of Buenos Aires too.

Let's just say Tio Otto "went native" for his last five days of his stay, the "homestretch" was remarkable, pleasant, and totally Argentine.

One of the best times I had in BsAs was actually on the Sunday before I left, in the barrio of San Telmo there is an antiques fair every Sunday afternoon. Junk or treasure, you decide. But where else could I buy my very own 1909 Krupp 75mm Cannon to defend Chateau Otto against the dreaded Chilean invaders?

Tio Otto de Buenos Aires

OttoGraham
08-09-02, 11:22
In his continuing efforts to be helpful to his fellow man, Uncle Otto would like to point out that right now, American Airlines, Delta, and United Airlines are engaged in a fare war on flights to Buenos Aires. Fares on AA are running as low as $350 plus tax from East Coast airports, fares on UA are about $450 plus tax from as far away as San Francisco and Seattle.

If you are a member of a frequent flyer program, it is an exceptional value for miles, as well. Since I am a mid-level elite flyer on United, I get double miles plus some small bonus for on-line booking. When I fly round-trip to Buenos Aires for $500-600, I get something like 25,000 miles, which is good for a free round-trip anywhere in the U.S. 50,000 is enough for a free trip to Buenos Aires. So in essence, the airlines are putting on a 3 trips for the price of 2 promotion for me, and presumably for you too!

-Tio Otto de Buenos Aires

Marcos
08-10-02, 00:42
These price levels where true until yesterday (8/8), while as of today I cannot find anything lower than $850 from the W. coast and $450 from MIA. Perhaps they profiled a monger traffic increase and wanted to profit from it. Unfortunately I wasn't ready to purchase yesterday, knowing of the price increase would have been a reason enough to book! I'll keep watching and if anyone knows of good deals aside what you can get from Orbitz/AA/UA sites please post it here.

Originally posted by OttoGraham
In his continuing efforts to be helpful to his fellow man, Uncle Otto would like to point out that right now, American Airlines, Delta, and United Airlines are engaged in a fare war on flights to Buenos Aires. Fares on AA are running as low as $350 plus tax from East Coast airports, fares on UA are about $450 plus tax from as far away as San Francisco and Seattle.

Saint
08-10-02, 01:07
Try all of these. The airlines are changing their prices day to day right now. They'll charge whatever they can get. Also, FYI...I have a friend that works for one of the airlines that said on September 11th their website was automatically going to discount most of their tickets. Don't know if it will happen or not but worth checking out.

http://www.hotwire.com

http://www.allcheapfares.com

http://www.priceline.com

JamesBond69
08-11-02, 12:36
1. Would you be interested in using such an apartment for your BsAs stay?
2. What do you think would be a fair price you would pay for such accomodations?
-------------------
Dear Tio Otto,

Check out this three bedroom (four if you include the servants room) three bathrooms, a luxury apartment in Recoleta next to the Caesar Hotel for $100/day plus tax. It has a terrace, large living room, kitchen, parking garage, maid servic, etc.

And there is another apt. in the same building on a higher floor with three bedrooms and what looks like an outdoor jacuzzi on the terrace for $85/day

The site (URL below) lists the apartment as a special "Crisis" situation offer.

http://www.parera156.com/

So I expect at most you could expect $50/day per person for a one or two bedroom. An interesting (and great fun) idea is sort of a BA elite WSG special forces monger club: several hobbyists agree to rent a four bedroom apartment together at say $25/day each and then collectively go through all the BA internet sites for chica job interviews. Imagine the orgies possibilities,
DAY and NIGHT.

PS
When I go down to BA I may buy an apartment(s) in Recoleta as a long term investment. At a BA real estate site I saw apartments similar to the parera156.com for under $100,000 - US cash that is. I

I'm in the real estate biz in New York City. An apartment in NYC of similar size in a recoleta type neighborhood would cost 2 million.

Saint
08-12-02, 19:20
Otto,

I think more and more people are going to be doing exactly what you are thinking about. It's funny because I actually have been in contact with locals there to arrange a set up similar to what you're thinking of. As far as a fair price I think a lot depends on the exact location, the size of the apartment, the amenities of the apartment, security concerns of the building, what your neighbors are like and if they would allow this type of arrangement, and a list of other things.

Personally I think somewhere in the $40 - $50 US per night range would be fair assuming it's in a nice area of Recoleta, is furnished very nice, safe, etc. Maybe a discount of weekly or month rentals. Just my humble opinion though.

OttoGraham
08-13-02, 15:34
1And there is another apt. in the same building on a higher floor with three bedrooms and what looks like an outdoor jacuzzi on the terrace for $85/day

When I go down to BA I may buy an apartment(s) in Recoleta as a long term investment. At a BA real estate site I saw apartments similar to the parera156.com for under $100,000 - US cash that is.
I'm in the real estate biz in New York City. An apartment in NYC of similar size in a recoleta type neighborhood would cost 2 million.

James -

That's not a jacuzzi, that's a table with four chairs..... ;-)

As for purchasing an apartment in BsAs because it is 5% of the cost of a comparable one in Manhattan - that makes no sense unless you will be using it. Remember the three rules of real estate: 1) Location; 2) Location; 3) Location. I am sure an apartment for sale in Bronx comparable to one in Manhattan would cost just a fraction, too.

Based on feedback both here and privately, I am seeing a consensus that $50 a day for an apartment is an attractive price. Am I wrong?

-Uncle Otto

BA Punter
08-13-02, 18:26
I´ve actually thought about buying an apartment or house there as a long term investment. I think it has the location. The economy should turn up eventually. 30 years ago an apartment building in San Francisco Marina was about $6000. It was a run down neighborhood. San Francisco was also not the hotspot it is today. Now that building is worth about 10 million. Not a bad return. It´s happening all around the world. Prices are sky rocketing in Eastern Europe.

Toosh
08-13-02, 19:03
I would think long and hard and do a ton of research before I put 50,000 to 100,000 dollars into a BA apartment . The political and economic situation there are about as stable as a leaf in a hurricane. Maybe the wrong head is doing the thinking here.

ezy
09-18-02, 14:30
Otto....$50 per day is an attractive price for a two bedroom if it is as well located as the parera156 apartments. But I have rented a nice 1 bedroom in the same vicinity (Posadas y Cerrito) for $30 per day.....

MSJ44
11-21-02, 04:54
Saint,

Planning a trip to BA for the 1st time in Feb. or so, and have been trying to do my research prior to going down. My hooby international hobby experiences have this far only been limited to Mexico city and Puerto Rico. Hope to stay at the Parera 156.

In your experiences, do you know how open BA providers are to speaking greek during sessions? I have been going through the internet sites, (Area-vip.com.ar and Platynum.com.ar ), but was curious if they are as open in BA as they appear to be in Rio or Venezula?

Are there any other apts in BA that you may recommend? Is it worth it to rent a car while down?

Any advice you can provide would really be appreciated. I will definitely be providing a detailed report on my trip.

Planning on hit Dom Republic in December.

Thanks

Originally posted by saint
AK233,

Rule #1. Don't try to over plan because odds are things might change before you go down. I printed out no less than 40-50 sheets of paper from Area-vip.com.ar and Platynum.com.ar planning to see tons and tons of those girls. You know what? I only saw about 7 or 8 from the combined sites because of all the girls I met in the clubs.

Also, don't get too set on seeing a particular girl if you're not going for a while. Some of these girls take time off, go on vacation, travel to other cities to work, etc. A few of the ones I wanted to see the most were gone when I was there. No doubt you will be able to find what you are looking for.

I sent you an email answering specific questions. I don't like to post too detailed things on a public board. But long story short, YES, most girls will provide BBBJ with no problem. Of course as with any situation YMMV (you're mile may vary) but I talk to a ton of guys that email me that go down there and they all have had luck too.

Each of the different places has it's uses. I'm sure I'll use the Area-VIP girls ALOT more when i return later this year. I'm very picky though. I've read some of the reports about willing to give a few points in the looks department for a good attitude. All things considered....I want both! LOL. Seriously, my attitutde is why go all the way down to BA to get together with a mediocre girl? I'd rather pay 300 pesos to be with a superstar all night than get a freebie from a mediocre girl. No one is right or wrong. That's the great thing here. Do whatever makes you happy.

I'm also usually not a "late night" guy but I turned into one in BA. Every night we didn't eat dinner till at the very earliest 10 PM. Then went to the various clubs. After a while your body gets used to it.

** A side note to Tio Otto*** Way to hang in their buddy. I told you that you would have a blast. Looking forward to hearing about Otto's "homestretch".

Saint
11-22-02, 13:15
Hey msj44,

I rarely check this thread. You'll LOVE BA. Compared to Mexico City it's a paradise. I spent two weekends in Mexico City last month. DF is expensive and nothing compared to BA.

I'm NOT into Greek so I couldn't really answer that but some of my amigos are and many reported that several girls are open to it. Several reported being asked for some more money for that carnal pleasure. I don't think too much more. I doubt they are into Greek as much as in cities like Rio.

There are tons of apartments. Check with Mayri at mayra@argentinago.com I know that she is in the process of working with more apartments and I myself may be getting an apartment down there soon. Do NOT rent a car down there. Simply NO need since there are so many taxi's. I repeat. Do NOT rent a car. The drivers there are crazy and the taxi's are so cheap and can take you anywhere.

Any other advice? Umm..just follow all the advice from the great posters on the other threads. BA is hard to do wrong. It's a worldclass city that has much to offer in addition to girls.

Good luck.

Saint

kevin_405
11-30-02, 20:29
Great Uncle Otto , you made it to the Hall of Shame oops Fame for you excellante escribe ...

Thanks for the wonderfull post.....

OttoGraham
11-18-03, 18:15
I will be adding a comprehensive update here soon, boys - stay tuned.

-Uncle Otto

BA_Robert
01-22-04, 21:46
Uncle Otto:

Scrolling back I saw that you spent the Easter in BA and you mentioned that it was slower during this period. Any particular days during easter to avoid or is the whole week dead?

OttoGraham
01-23-04, 14:04
Buenos Aires is very slow during Easter week. But it is never completely dead.

OttoGraham
02-24-04, 19:26
Otto: The Return

I'm going to be in Buenos Aires again next week, March 1 through 4. Any visiting mongers (or better yet, attractive women!) who want to get together to drink vino tinto and tell lies, PM me with your contact info.

Cheers
Uncle Otto

OttoGraham
10-28-04, 20:22
Over the next few days I will put to use my dozen or so trips to Buenos Aires to map out a strategy for a the first-time visitor to Buenos Aires.

Never been there? Wondering what to do?

We'll map out your steps from the origination of your idea to your return to the United States (or where ever you're coming from).

Offered as an exclusive, free service to WSG members. :)

Uncle Otto

OttoGraham
10-31-04, 10:28
So you're a newbie intrigued by the posts on this board, and have decided you want to visit Buenos Aires. Good for you! Except for Andres, all of us were once newbies to this wonderful city.

Don't be intimidated by fear over things like crime, political instability, or the like. Believe me, I've been all over the world, and Buenos Aires is one of the safest cities I've visited. No place is completely safe, and I can't guarantee you won't get into trouble if you go looking for it, but if you follow Uncle Otto's Guide for Newbies you are almost guaranteed to have a fun, hassle-free vacation.

Uncle Otto

OttoGraham
10-31-04, 12:56
One of the ways you will get the most out of your Buenos Aires holiday is to learn some Spanish. Keep in mind that most chicas don't speak English, and those that do are liable to command a premium over their colleagues.

While English is regularly spoken at most major hotels and a few high-end restaurants (and most mid-market and higher restaurants tend to have English menus), most locals know only a smattering of English words and phrases, if that. It will win you a lot of points from even English-speakers if you begin every conversation with "Buenos dias" and croak out your limited Spanish skills; by all means don't be shy.

That said, if you are starting from zero, don't go overboard with memorizing grammar. Emphasize learning how to speak and understand numbers, as well as customary greetings. There are a number of learn-while-you-drive programs, and I can't recommend one over another.

If you had some Spanish in high school or college, you will be far ahead of the power curve. Brush up on what you know; you will be surprised how easily it all comes back when you practice.

Uncle Otto

enricos
10-31-04, 16:54
Looking forward to your guide as I've not been to BA.

MRLA
11-01-04, 00:29
100% correct, if you learn some Spanish you will SCORE big time. One reason why I picked BA over Rio. Speaking Spanish is a must if yiou go solo. I was mislead before that most people can get by without Spanish but that is absolutely wrong. We went to some real fancy restaurants and the waiter did not speak English.

OttoGraham
11-01-04, 14:32
You ought to be learning Spanish as soon as you decide to visit Buenos Aires. Your next step is to read the Argentina posts on this forum for the last two years. While you're doing that, take notes, so that you can mark down important information such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, and the like. I can't emphasize this point enough; the accumulated wisdom recounted in these pages are like nuggets of mongering gold sitting and waiting for you to pick them up.

Uncle Otto

Guillermo
11-01-04, 17:56
Tio Otto,

Is this a private party, or can anyone join in?

Guillermo

OttoGraham
11-16-04, 11:32
Technical problems with the site have kept me from working on my guide for newbies. Now that the site appears to be running smoothly again, I will continue.

Uncle Otto

OttoGraham
11-17-04, 12:39
Doing some pre-trip planning will pay dividends.

First, air fares are all over the map. If you are computer-literate enough to be using the WSG, then chances are you also use websites like Orbitz, Travelocity, and Expedia to search for air fares. More power to you. One downloadable utility which is under-used, however, is the excellent resource found at sidestep.com. It is a companion search engine which pops itself up when you use Orbitz or one of the other search sites. On my trips to Buenos Aires, I've saved as much as $250 on the exact same flights when bought from sidestep.com instead of another site. Download it, use it, and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Uncle Otto

OttoGraham
11-17-04, 12:45
It seems to me that almost every fellow who goes to Buenos Aires for a first trip of 3 or 4 days ends up finding himself in monger heaven and wanting to extend his stay. On the other hand, I find that my ability and energy to enjoy this town start to flag after I've been there for a week. Buenos Aires is a NIGHTTIME town. Things don't ever get started until late in the evening. (i.e. - no 7:00 p.m. dinner reservations, unless you are a pathetic gringo.)

But even for a relatively young guy like me, there are only so many 11:00 p.m. evening meals and 4:00 a.m. dance-between-the-sheets parties that I can take.

This is Uncle Otto's guide for newbies, so I feel free to be very opinionated in my advice. Thus, my advice for you is: Leave home on Friday, arriving Saturday morning, and arrange to leave for home on the following Saturday evening. This gives you seven nights and eight days of time in town, but gets you back home for a day's rest before you get back to work on Monday. (Believe me, you'll need the rest after your vacation. ;))

Uncle Otto

OttoGraham
11-18-04, 11:27
Careful planning makes a good trip to Buenos Aires. So by now you've spent a couple weeks brushing up on your Spanish, finding a good airfare, and getting yourself a week off of work. Now, the question is, where to stay? Apartment or hotel? If it's a hotel, which one? How do I find it?

My advice to the newbie is simple - stay at a chica friendly hotel. "Chica friendly?" One which will not hassle you about bringing guests back up to your room (believe it or not, some hotels really don't want hookers traipsing through the lobby and down the corridor at all hours - the nerve.......)

Two places are on my most-favored list for BsAs hotels, but these choices are totally subjective, there are other good places to stay at for sure.

First, LoisSuites Recoleta, which is on the corner of Vicente Lopez and Junin, right next to Recoleta Cemetery. It is a solid four-star hotel with room rates around US$110-125 per night. Convenient to the Recoleta clubs, restaurants, and shopping.

Second, Dazzler Hotel, which overlooks 9th of July Avenue between Microcentro and Recoleta. It's a 2 star plus place, clean and functional, running about US$45 a night. A short walk to fun, restaurants, and diversions.

Neither place will give you static about guests, both have safes available (LoisSuites' safes are in the room).

I do not recommend staying in an apartment on your first trip. Frankly, it is because of the safety factor - there are some bad people out in town who would like to rip you off, and your chances of having a mickey slipped to you and being robbed is minimized when the girl has to surrender or show her identification to the desk clerk at the hotel when you bring her back to the hotel. (Don't be shy or embarrassed about doing this - do it as a matter of course.)

More to come

Uncle Otto

OttoGraham
11-22-04, 15:19
One strong recommendation I have for anybody is to have Mayra do their hotel reservations for them.

Mayra@argentinatravelservices.com is her email address. She's always gotten me the best rates at places in BsAs, and has more than once gotten me into places which I thought were booked solid. Especially in light of recent reports about a lack of available hotels in the Argentine summer, you could do much worse than having Mayra take care of reservations for you.

More to come

Uncle Otto

OttoGraham
11-23-04, 13:53
The arrivals area at the airport in Buenos Aires is quite small and self-explanatory. You will first go through passport control, U.S. citizens and most Europeans that I know of do not need visas for short stays.

After passport control comes baggage claim. DO NOT exchange any money at the kiosk in the baggage claim area. You will be ripped off.

Just before you reach the customs clearance area (near the exit), there is a branch of Banco de la Nacion. Exchange some money there, the rate is normal. I usually exchange a couple hundred dollars' worth for walking-around money. In Buenos Aires there are lots of ATM machines which allow you to withdraw money, most banks have them. You will get your best exchange rates on withdrawals from them.

Now, to get from the airport to your hotel, I recommend you use the chauffeur services of Ana.

Here is her relevant contact information:

Ana lived in Florida for several years, and although her English is a little rusty, her accent will steal your heart!
She lives near the airport, and would be delighted to pick you up at the airport, whether your destination is the mansion or anywhere else in Buenos Aires. If you send her your flight info, she will get back to you shortly afterward to confirm your pickup, and be at the airport waiting for you when you arrive.
EMail: anairina280@hotmail.com
or
Phone/Cell
4202 3530 / 15-5567 0696
She is also available for any other trips with at least 1 day advance notice.
Her prices are the same as any other remis service, so why not be picked up by the prettiest driver in BsAs?

http://www.estrellas-argentinas.com/anna

If, for some reason, Ana is unavailable, just outside the doors from Customs there is a welter of private chauffeur services available from and operating from kiosks. Most of them speak English.

DO NOT accept an offer of a taxi from somebody who is not working from inside the kiosks.

The drive from the airport to downtown Buenos Aires takes about a half hour, and should cost you no more than 50 pesos.

More to come

Uncle Otto

El Aleman
11-23-04, 15:42
Just to append Otto's last report:

There is at least one ATM inside the Airport terminal. It is located in the arrival area, when coming out of customs after all those taxi and remise booths on the left side. It gives (as far as I know) reasonable exchange rates and accepts most cards. I use it every time I arrive, it's more convenient than changing cash.

Marak5
03-05-06, 08:24
Hunt99 is so cute in all these reports. What happened to this guy?

Hunt99
03-05-06, 13:18
A lot of wisdom in this thread, though much of it is dated. A pity you didn't read the advice before you made all those silly mistakes, Marak.