PDA

View Full Version : Corrientes

Jackson
05-14-02, 00:57
Thread starter.

Admin08
05-21-02, 05:22
The center of town is bisected by a major road -- can't remember its name exactly, but it's a date -- and all of the action takes place along it. It's the largest road in town and can't be missed.

There are two whiskerias on it directly -- "Playboy" and one directly across the street from it behind a warehouse -- numerous street walkers, and two more clubs at the far end where the street circles. One of these is named "Quixote."

In all, everything here is fairly low-end. Admission to everything is free, drinks are cheap, and sex on-site is possible. I never got a sex price, but couldn't imagine it being very much.

Despite these humble surroundings, though, there were a few cute girls from place to place.

Happy Hunting,

JWadd

Steven
07-10-04, 11:51
Report on the town of Corrientes, Argentina

Corrientes, a medium sized city, about 300 KM south of Paraguay. The action is on the main Boulevard Independencia which heads out of town. About 5 km out of town, past the traffic circle with the Virgin Mary, (the last virgin you will see!!) SWs start appearing usually sitting alone or in small groups. Drive up and talk to them. Caution: Watch out for transvestites...about half of them are. The best way, however is to check out the Whiskerias (Whisky bars) a little further down the Boulevard. Bacan, Lucero, Cruzero are some of their names. Took a cute 24 yo blond, for 150 pesos for 2 hours. and brought her back to the hotel in town. It was good. Also, try the local newspaper. Several adds from individuals and small agencies, 50 pesos.

Lexton
04-28-05, 17:49
I just spent 2 weeks in Corrientes, from March 28 to April 11. I would have left after the 1st week, but I tried to have my amigovia from Posadas visit me the 2nd week, and it didn't work out. So I wasted the 2nd week, but I wasn't feeling really well physically anyway, so it is just as well.

Corrientes is a nice looking city, with a great costanera(park and road along the river). For finding women, it is bad but not impossible.

The best hotels to stay in are the Corrientes Plaza and the Hotel Orly. The Hotel Guarani(the best 4*) has soft beds and is overpriced. Both are chica friendly. I stayed in the honeymoon suite of the Hotel Orly, which seemed to be the best option. The bad part of this is that because it is so unique in the hotel, they were a little tense about letting me have the honeymoon suite a long time, especially indefinitely. I got the distinct impression they were uncomfortable with me using it for the 2 weeks. But then I did not find the hotel staff to be very friendly generally.

There are a few sex ads(5-10) in the paper Epoca. I did not call any, as usual. Nothing looking especially interesting.

I looked for SW action, my main interest. The action is, as reported, along Av Independencia, the extension of Av 3 de Abril. It is, however, all BEFORE the rotunda, not after, as others describe it. It begins about Av Artigas. I usually went looking about 10:30PM. There were very few women working. At least 80% were TV's. I did take a woman working at Artigas and Independencia 100p for 2 hours, BBBJCIM. She was 27, fair small build, but very professional. I did not repeat. I did not find anything else in a few tries. Taxi fare to look for a chica is about 20 pesos out and back. I tried looking in a few other streets and talked with 3 or 4 cabbies. I am told there are few women in the street because the police pressure them. It is very sad.

There are 3 main clubs remaining: Cruzero, Quixote, and Bacan. The club accross from Bacan is closed. These clubs are all at the very edge of the city, near the Rotunda of the Virgin in Av Independencia, which is the intersection of ruta 12 and ruta 5. This is about 8 km from the hotel. The cab ride to go to these clubs is about 9p. I looked inside all of these clubs on a tour at about 11PM. There were practically no chicas present at that time. They tell me the chicas arrive between 11:30PM and 1:00, and the bars are open till 6:0AM. As a guide, the owner of Quixote told me a beer is 6p for both men and chicas. There did not seem to be an exit fee.

I did not try visiting these clubs later because it looked too dangerous. Taxi service is not well organized here. They use regular private cars that contract with remis companies. They are not clearly marked, they usually contain a small cardboard sign in the windshield. Generally they must be called. I could take a taxi out, but not having a cell phone there was no sure way to get a taxi back. There are few cruising taxis, and none in this remote area. I could easily walk the distance between the clubs, or even back to town, but I am not going to walk on ruta 12 at night outside of town. That is extremely dangerous. And understand, I walked streets all over this town until 2:00AM. And many other cities, including in Paraguay. But here I felt it simply was not worth the risk. I did not like the area of these clubs at all, as it is basically lonely highway.

If you are young, attractive, spanish speaking, and like disco action there is something quite unusual here. On Saturday night, and probably on Friday as well(it rained hard on 2 Fridays and one Sat) there is a huge crowd of young people that gather in Calle Junin near Calles Tucuman and San Luis. There are 3-4 discos and 5-10 beer bars in the area of a few blocks, and it seems like everyone under 30 goes there and congregates, in the bars and the street. They arrive constantly from 11:00PM, dressed to dance. The crowd probably peaks about 2:00AM. There were many attractive young amateurs here. But you will have to work to take them out. The whole zone is like a big block party.

For the tourist, there is not a whole lot here.

Hemin
11-08-06, 18:03
I visited the city of Corrrientes just a few days ago and as Lexon and others said this is not the town for mongering.

I stayed at the Guarani and can confirm that the beds are soft, the place is overpriced' and the facilities poor. While there I went to see the Plaza and, although it is not a 4 star hotel, it looked much nicer and newer. The Guarani is defently not worth it. In addition, the information card at the room door said that no guests are allowed. However, they would let you have a room visitor, but if she stays more than 30 minutes they would charge an extra 16 pesos.

I checked the ads in the newspaper epoca. I called a couple and was quoted 50 and 70 pesos for the hour with no cola. At the end I decided to ask one of them to come (Daiana) and she never showed up!

The non-pro action is much more promising. There are many good looking women in this place, and they are very friendly. I managed to talk up two of them to go out for dinner with me and they were very nice.

The two nicest restaurants and night spots in the costanera are Mizza and a restaurant oposite to it. In this city the prices are very reasonable.

Bottom line, not a place to travel to unless you go in February for the carnaval which I understand is very impressive.

Orang05
11-10-06, 12:14
Mongering for chicas may not be hot in the Corrientes area, but from personal experience I can vouch for the dorado fishing. It is gourmet in every way, and the several lodges there that cater to "fish mongers" make sure the customer is satisfied. If you like to fly fish and want an extraordinary and unique experience, check it out. PM me for names and numbers if interested.

Marco Porteņo
01-09-07, 18:54
Nice chicas in Corrientes:

www.diarioepoca.com/galeriasociales/Canotaje-01-12-06?Page=2

Hubbster
08-27-09, 19:17
I have some contacts there.

I'll see what else I can dig up.

As for the hotels. Corrientes has hourly hotels like BA but you need a car to get there as they are out of town.

There used to be a few houses, nothing special & the talent is very hit or miss

Joe Hernandez
08-27-09, 20:06
Do many foreigners go there?

Hubbster
08-27-09, 23:43
Not as many as BA but I hear Americans and EUs have snapped up lots of land on the Parana river.

Also a lot of foreigners go for hunting & fishing

Hubbster
09-05-09, 17:35
I spoke to a contact there who told me that the quality Gatos there are found by word of mouth.

I'll see if I can get some phone #s to post.

Meanwhile I hear Missiones if full of blonde German / Polish descendents who are ready to party