PDA

View Full Version : Iguazu

Jackson
02-16-05, 17:59
Thread Starter.

WorldTravel69
03-25-05, 19:20
Come on guys, somebody must have been there. What places do you remember? Where are the Chicas?
Going on Sunday.
WT69

Rump Humper
03-26-05, 02:26
Come on guys, somebody must have been there. What places do you remember? Where are the Chicas?

Going on Sunday.

WT69If this is the place with the monsterous waterfalls, there is a thread in the Brazil section of the WSG. I may be mentioning a different place. I dont know.

If I am talking about the same place. The thread should be called Iguazu Falls.
Maybe the Argentinians call it Iguaza, but I dont know. I could be off on a tangent.

Later, Rump Humper

Vaquero
03-26-05, 12:04
A couple years ago, I took a side trip to Iguazu during a business trip to BAs. The night I wanted to go out, I ended up with a case of mate-inspired runs, so I didn't partake in the vida nocturna. But some locals gave me a lowdown and I took a tour of the Brazil side the next day:

For like $25 or $40, I forget which, an Argentine cabbie will sneak you across the border to Brazil -- not much sneaking, he shares the bribe with a Brazilian border guard -- and drive you back. I went during the day to see Brazil's views of the falls, which are fairly magnifiicent. He gave me a fairly complete tour of that side.

The bordello isn't bad either, but it was closed on the Sunday I was there. I think the routine is that you pay maybe $100 U.S. for a girl, and then your cabbie drives you to a short-time hotel. The bordello/club I saw was pretty obvious from the road, a fairly commercial place, the local WhoresRUs, if you know what I mean. My guide was telliing me that he'd organized caravans of tourists to go to find Brazilian girls; he was rather proud of this feat, and I reckon I would be, too.

I was staying at the hotel right on the falls on the Argentine side, the Sheraton, I believe. If you speak a little Spanish, chances are you could score without paying, especially if you're into MILF action.

I talked to one monger in BAs who brought a girl from the city to Iguazu. She was appreciative enough that she didn't charge him for any of their time together on that trip. And I get the feeling that the folks in Iguazu wouldn't get all that judgmental about it.

The Truth
03-27-05, 21:00
1. You CAN legally go to the Brazilian side without a visa for up to 72 hours. As of November 2002, the Brazilian border guards did not even check your passport though I was returning in a taxi from the Brazilian side which MIGHT be the reason. The Argentines DID check my passport going in and out.

2. Anybody staying at Puerto Iguazu (the Argentine side) should bring his own companion. The Sheraton, an ugly monstrosity which should NEVER have been allowed to be built in that location, is out by the falls themselves, but the action is on the other side of the river and you have to backtrack QUITE a ways to get to town where the bridge is.

3. Without opening a can of worms, IMHO Argentine chicas are simply not as sexually adventurous or skilled as Brasileras. Argentina has its advantages, but compared to Brasil hobbying is NOT one of them.

4. Cristal is the big club and it is closer to the falls than the Town of Foz do Iguazu. Quite expensive (Recoleta prices) but plush and lots of lookers. Geared for TLN. North of town is a private casa that was cheaper and which I liked better but forgot the name. There are also some good looking streetwalkers in Foz itself.

5. I wrote a report that I THINK is on WSG (Brasil/Iguazu), but I can email it to anybody who requests it via PM.

The reason to go is to the see one of the World's most impressive waterfalls (Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe is the other-Niagra is not in the same league at all). Tasting the Brasilera bunda is an added benefit, but if your priority is hobbying with Brasileras then Iguacu is not the best place to do it.

Vaquero
03-28-05, 21:58
Thanks, Surfer,

Like I said, I didn't partake, so I didn't know for sure. (Incidentally, it was maté, the local tea, that gave me the runs, not some "mate" girl, just to clarify.)

The club was Cristal. I've never been with a true Brazilian woman. But in BAs, getting teabagged by a dark porteña wasn't so bad... :)

Like Surfer said, the falls are the main reason for visiting Iguazu. A beautiful sight to behold and experience. Thanks for the clarification.

WorldTravel69
03-29-05, 22:56
Guys thanks for the info on Foz do Iquazu, Brazil. But I wanted know about the Argentina side. We found there is no street action, but do not know about the clubs. Found a taxi that says there apartment, but did not try. Some hotels will send chicas to your room.
Crossing to Brazil, they are checking for Visas now.
WT69

Vaquero
03-30-05, 20:17
Checking for visas? That was my impression of Brazil. I didn't think they'd let you in without one. One time a former coworker of mine, a journalist for a business newspaper, was denied entry into Brazil because he didn't have a visa.

Actually, I think he only made it as far as Atlanta before Delta told him he'd need a visa to proceed. He hightailed it back home to the Midwest the next chance he had.

Lexton
04-02-05, 17:50
In February 2005, the Missiones Province tourist office in Posadas told me it is no longer possible to cross over to Brazil without a visa. They said it also is not possible to take a shopping tour to Cuidad del Este in Paraguay from Argentina without the visas.

I didn't go to Puerto Iguazu because of this. I may visit the falls from Foz do Iguazu in Brazil the next time I am in Paraguay. In January 2005, you could still cross over from Paraguay into Foz do Iguazu without a visa. They did not check passports at the bridge.

If anyone has other direct info on the crossing from Argentina for shopping or tours, I would appreciate it.

Closet Boy
04-17-05, 19:25
Will be in Foz de Iguacu, Brasil tomorrow. My flight with Gol from Santos Dumont was around 240 Reals. Booked a room at the Del Rey for 40 Reals per night. Should be in town for a few days, then to BA!

If they are checking visas, get one. Try a Brasilian consulate in ARG. If I am not mistaken, there is one in Puerto Iguazu, ARG. As you know, visas are suppose to be issued by the consulate in your country of residence, however, it would not hurt to try. Don't forget to wear long pants, and if possible, a collared shirt. Speaking Portuguese would be very, very helpful.

Closet Boy
04-19-05, 12:32
Arrived late last night, around 00:30. The flight with Gol was not too bad. I left SDU at 19:30. Had a two stop-overs. The female flight attendants were cuties.

Took a cab from the airport to my hotel. Cost 34 Reals. The fare was unmetered as you purchase a ticket at the airport taxi desk.

Hotel is situated on a spacious tree lined street, which reminds me of home. Area is not crowded with buildings, and people living on top of each other like Rio. For 40 Reals a night, it is definately worth it. Buffet breakfast this morning was excellent. The rooms were above avg. for Brasilian standards. If you plan to book a room here, call to make reservations. Showing up and asking for a room will cost you 75 Reals per night.

From intel gathered thus far, yes, they are checking visas entering Brasil. I also verified that there is a Brasilian Consulate in Puerto Iguzu, on Av. Guarani.

Justmoi
12-01-05, 21:16
I have a vacation home in Cordoba, but spend at least a week in Foz Iguacu. I typically stay at Falls Galli since it is near Club Crystal. One night I got tired of the club and hopped into a cab and asked the driver where all the chicas were (it was funny trying to explain to a driver who only knew portugese this, even in my fluent spanish, until I said chicas and animated my hands to show a woman's curvy body! He got it quick though since he smiled big and answered "VERA'S!") LOL! If you want to see around 2 dozen of the most beautiful Brazilian women. Ask a cab driver to take you to Vera's. If he doesn't know what you are talking about, keep going until you find one that does. He'll know what you are talking about by the big smile on his face. He drives you to a large private home, the madam will give you the price rundown (around $50/ hour - USD is prefered and you pay her after you pick the girl) The girls come out one by one forming a huge lineup. She will point out the girls that have other girl "friends" there so I undoubtedly took two beauties for $100. Cab driver was happy because he Sat there watching the lineup with you waiting for you to select and get out. His expression as each girl came walking out was priceless. Once in the cab, you are driven to a nice anonymous hourly joint where it's like $25-$35 for a nice suite (I usually take the exec suites - huge rooms, king bed, jacuzzi, even a pole for the girls! Girls took around 1.5 hours - no time pressure and no limits. Room tab came to around $35 since the girls drank just about everything in the fridge, but no big deal - it was a blast and the girls had a great time! Cab driver waited in the private garage downstairs and we took the girls back home (both amorous all the way back too I might add) Driver took me back to the hotel, paid him $20 and did the same thing for the next 3 nights. Along the way, he did take me to a different place similar to Vera's since I told him I wanted to check out something different. Forgot the name, private house but less girls, less attractive, and when I mentioned I wanted two, the madam gave me a strange look - so we took off.:) Vera's. Definitely the place to go in Foz!

Private parties like this I have back home in Los Angeles usually cost me around the $800-$1000 mark so needless to say this was like being in heaven.

Locos and Man
12-03-05, 18:28
Was the 50$ pesos or dollars?

Did the house have anyother options like, spending the hour in the house, or a price scale 2hrs,3, night, etc?

Sounds like a hell of a place! Thanks for the heads up!

Lm

Justmoi
12-04-05, 01:01
The prices I quoted were in dollars (I paid in dollars) Staying at the house was not an option. You needed to go to a hotel. The rates for the girls were somewhat negotiable. The actual rate for a girl was $55 USD for 1-1.5 hours - I got two and just made it an even $100 USD. There was no rush on the time at the hotel (outside the cost of the room which is hourly) I could have stayed another half hour with no worries. I dug the place though. First time I stayed at one of those anonymous places. You don't see anyone. The driver drives into a private garage which is part of the apartment (kind of what a townhouse would be here in Los Angeles) You pay for everything when they pass you the bill in a little setup with a sliding door on each side. They leave you the change back in the little box. IT was hilarious. I felt like it was such a covert operation. I was like James Bond 007! LOL! I'm going to be back in Foz again from 12/18 - 12/23 so I'll report back what, if anything, has changed.

Justmoi
12-19-05, 11:04
Vera House - still alive and kicking as of Dec. 18. Prices are now 150 Real ($60US) for 2 hours (note that the 2 hours includes cab time so have the driver go to a motel nearby else the girls will choose some far off place - if you are staying at the Falls Galli as I do at times, there are Motels on either side (i.e., The Mirage). The cab drivers I've had have been happy to drop me at the hotel and drive the girls back to the house. There were 9 girls when I went and I took Nani and her friend (so $120US for 2 hrs). Most girls were in the 8s. Went to the Private motel - would recommend the ejecutivo suite at minimum. The girls enjoyed dancing the stage and jacuzzi and as usual, they raid the fridge. No biggie all good. 1.5 hr stay at the motel $30US.

If you don't know how the brothels here work, the cab driver should just stay with you during the entire trip. He will wait downstairs at the private motel etc. Total cab fare this night was $35 but we drove back and forth between a few places as well.

If you prefer a girl in your hotel, the cab drivers usually have a small list of their own girls. Keep in mind they speak limited spanish and little english though.

Will be heading to a newer club tonight called London. Will post a report on that when I return.

Payment in all places can be made in Real, Pesos or Dollars.

Justmoi
12-21-05, 11:13
The last two nights have been pretty frenzied. So here's some new info:

*Note that currently the Real is at around 2.6 Reals to the dollar and.8 to the Peso.

I haven't had an opportunity to check London's out but I managed to pass by Sex Appeal. Sex Appeal is similar to Cristal. Entrance fee of 15 Reals, buy the girl a drink (30 Reals) and take a girl to a motel (150-175 Reals) Last night (Tuesday night) the club had roughly a dozen girls at around 11p with most being 7 and a couple of 8. I had a few drinks and a little chit chat with a couple of girls but decided to move on and check other places out so I headed back to the centro leaving my friend who was enthralled with a beautiful 9+ to his own accord.

It was a little past midnight and I took a look in Roda Vida which is close to the center of town. Entrance fee is 5 Real, but unfortunately I don't recall the cost for individual drinks since I had ordered a bottle of wine and quite a few drinks to share with the girls (total tab was around 170 Reals) Girls on this night were in the 6-7s with one 8 but all were a lot of fun to hang out with.

There is a place right next door to Roda Vida which is free entrance but has a restaurant type atmosphere as opposed to the small dingy club type atmosphere Roda Vida has. Here you just walk in and find a table with a girl you want to sit with and go from there. I walked in, found no one that caught my attention and walked out.

Both the above places seem to be local type hangouts. I didn't see a single gringo in either one in all the time I was there.

It was now close to 2am. I hopped back in the cab and had the driver drive down the center of town. If you haven't been to Iguazu, have a cab drive you down the center of town starting at the top of the hill. You will find easily a half dozen beautiful girls sitting on just about every corner chatting it up. It's literally quite a sight to see. Tonight there were roughly 2 dozen girls down the small stretch of strip with quite a few 8s and a couple of 9s. Rather than going to London's I couldn~t resist and ended up taking a gorgeous young blonde and her brunette friend back to my suite. Both were just amazing in looks and wonderful company. Cost was 50 Reals each plus their cab fare back (7 Real) Though cost is for an hour max, both stayed at the hotel a little while longer kicking back, drinking a little and shooting the breeze before they left. Fortunately they both spoke a little spanish so communication wasn't an issue.

Just a side note. It can sometimes get a little tough to find a cab later at night and walking el centro late at night isn't the best place to be so I typically get a cab early on and have him wait for me wherever I go. It can get pricey at times, but I like knowing I have a car waiting for me at my beckon call when I go checking out the sites at night.

Also, I had forgotten to mention in my earlier posts - if you don't speak Portugese, a little spanish will help get you by since the languages are similar. I've had 3 different drivers the past 3 nights and all have been extremely helpful (advised where to go and where not to go) and highly accomodating. I would normally stick to the same cab driver and call that one when I go out at night but for some odd reason either their phones were disconnected or they didn't answer. But I'm glad it worked out this way because each driver had different recommendations.

Party BMW
01-27-06, 23:19
There is a way to cross the border into Brazil. Take a tour with a taxi into Foz no visa.

Went to Crystal no lookers in 10 minutes it was empty. Went to a local club at the sheraton or nice hotel can't remember. Beautiful girls dancing, didnt mingle much.

Remember Brazil is 1 hour ahead of Argentina.

DownSouth
02-23-06, 02:59
There is a way to cross the border into Brazil. Take a tour with a taxi into Foz no visa.

Went to Crystal no lookers in 10 minutes it was empty. Went to a local club at the sheraton or nice hotel can't remember. Beautiful girls dancing, didnt mingle much.

Remember Brazil is 1 hour ahead of Argentina.I was wondering if you had to have a visa to enter Brasil? Will taking a taxi across the border get you around this problem? I will be in BA in 10 days and plan a side trip to the falls.

Thanks in advance!

AllIWantIsLove
02-23-06, 12:10
I was wondering if you had to have a visa to enter Brasil? Will taking a taxi across the border get you around this problem? I will be in BA in 10 days and plan a side trip to the falls.You don't need to go to Brazil to see the falls. You can view them from the Argentine side. There are debates about which view is better, but I can tell you that the view from the Argentine side is spectacular. I can't compare the two views because I have never viewed them from the Brazilian side.

Bob

Flexible Horn
02-23-06, 15:40
IMHO, the best side to take pictures from is the Brazilian side looking towards the Argentinian side.

The most fun is taking the speed boat ride up into the falls.

FH

Rock Harders
02-23-06, 16:07
Downsouth-

I have been to Iguazu, and I can say that the views from the Argentine and Brasilian sides are different in the way that apples and bananas are different- its all personal preference. The Argentine side has better jungle trails, and you walk out right over the rivers that lead to the waterfalls, giving the feeling of being "in the middle" of the falls. The Brasilian side offers a more panoramic view, photogenic view of the falls. Technically, a visa is needed to cross into Brasil-HOWEVER- the guy at the borderpost just stamped the entry / exit at the same time and did not do the Interpol entry or the fingerprinting that is required as a reciprocy for US policy because there was a futbol game he was in the middle of watching. Also, I heard from reliable sources that if you take a taxi or public bus across the border that the authorities just look the other way.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Party BMW
02-23-06, 20:51
I was wondering if you had to have a visa to enter Brasil? Will taking a taxi across the border get you around this problem? I will be in BA in 10 days and plan a side trip to the falls.

Thanks in advance!Taking a taxi will get around this problem. The taxi will take you through the Brazil border he will submit your passport and into Brazil you go. Its like the taxi is your tour guide and return ticket.

Moore
02-24-06, 03:00
DownSouth,

Scratch Iguazu and go to Perito Moreno glacier in Patagonia (entirely in Argentina, no visa req) instead. Much more impressive than Iguazu Falls in the opinion of this monger, who considers himself an aficionado of natural wonders.

Everyone goes to Iguazu, that is what any travel guide recommends! Don't forget to visit Black and Big Ben too:p

Perfect time of year for the glaciers (approaching autumn).

Rock Harders
02-24-06, 03:32
Mongers-

I have been to both Patagonia (several places) and Iguazu, and I do not really think you can compare the two, because they are totally different. To begin with, one is located in a tropical rainforest with IMO, great weather (I'm a warm weather guy) and the other is located in a cold area with some of this planet's worst and most unpredicable weather. Perito Moreno and Las Cataratas are both visually stunning in their own way, the sheer massiveness of Perito is truly awe inspiring, while Las Cataratas give one the feeling of truly having "paradise found". On the one hand Patagonia is really not all touristed out, it is still truly wild and unconquered, and some hardcore adventures can be had, trekking, climbing etc. Iguazu is pretty touristy- the paths are paved, and even an elderly person could walk the trails and enjoy the views of the falls, and there are always tons of people around you are sharing the experience with. In much of my Patagonia experience, it was me, the trekking guide, the one other person on the trek, and at least 10 miles in every direction from any human being. It was so quiet, that the only noise you could hear was the occaisonal avalance on the other side of the valley. In the jungle outside Iguazu, I did go rappelling down waterfalls and fly through the jungle on a zipline, but it was way more touristed out than I like and not hardcore at all.

I think that every person on earth (or that has the brains to come to Argentina) should really see both Iguazu and Patagonia, because I feel that there really is nothing like them on this planet.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Flexible Horn
02-24-06, 03:42
[QUOTE=Moore]DownSouth,

Everyone goes to Iguazu, that is what any travel guide recommends! Don't forget to visit Black and Big Ben too:p.

What or who is Big Ben?

FH

Moore
02-24-06, 04:12
Big Ben is the colloquial name of the Clock Tower of the Palace of Westminster in London, and an informal name for the Great Bell of Westminster, the largest bell in the tower and part of the Great Clock of Westminster. Locals may refer to it by a different name.

I agree that one should visit many regions of Argentina but as Dirk says its a matter of preference. Pristine, alpine areas are more my idea of paradise and much of Patagonia does not have harsh weather (except wind on open plains that you dont visit anyway) due to its proximity to both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans (its not a continental climate). If one is accustomed to Cleveland winters, winter in Bariloche or even Ushuaia seems downright balmy, very mild with rain sometimes. Cordoba also kicks ass as a lake/hill/spring region with very pretty natives in the villages and beerhauses. Tell them you're German and you'll get a salute in some places:D

I personally don't care for climates that are hotter and more humid than the worst day of the year in New Orleans or Bangkok (I lived in one for years). Although Iguazu Falls may be untouched, it is naturally filthy, brown, and steamy like a midsummer turd in Saigon. Its just my opinion and I realize I may represent the minority, but Iguazu would not be higher than 4th on my list of recommended Argentine destinations outside of BA.

Roger
06-12-06, 16:27
I will be visiting Iguacu (Brazil) later this summer, with a possible trip to Iguazu (Argentina) I have read the information posted here, but would appreciate an update from anyone who has recently visited this part of Brazil / Argentina. Recommendations and updates regarding hotel and finding chicas will be greatly appreciated. I'll post a report after my return. Roger.

Count Chocula
11-01-06, 14:17
Anyone have information on Iquazu - recommended hotels, any chica action?

I will be visiting next week and will try a no visa taxi tour of Foz following justmoi's recommendations. Will post on my return.

Tequila Tim
11-03-06, 01:17
Count,

I was in Iguazu in March and stayed at Hotel Saint George on the Argentinian side. Nice location in centro (I'd rate it 3 stars) and they had a promotional rate on thier web site. I took a girl up so I'm not sure of the PFP scene but there is a casino there so I'd imagine you could troll there. Mayra, who's been mentioned on the board numerous times set the trip up for me and did a great job for a $us20 commission. One note: The hotel will try to sell you numerous tours but you can catch a municipal bus to the park for 4 pesos (I think) The falls are awesome, I'd definitely go again! Have a great time.

TT

Vertigo
01-03-07, 03:10
If you go to the brazilian side there is a place called Crystals as soon as you cross the border from Argentina. I didn't go so I'm not sure how it is or how much is cost. Some friends went and they had fun but that is all the info I have. If your adventurous go check it out and report back.

SmilesX
02-28-07, 01:09
"if you go to the brazilian side there is a place called Crystals as soon as you cross the border from Argentina. I didn't go so I'm not sure how it is or how much is cost. Some friends went and they had fun but that is all the info I have. If your adventurous go check it out and report back."

Whatever you do don't look at Crystal, not even an eye blink. This place is pure evil. Their pricing sturcutre blows some of the LA / NY clubs away. I went in without knowing what the prices were and came out with a 150 $us tab. The chica I was with asked for a drink. The bartender comes back with a champagne bottle which I find out was 50 $us.

After and hour of misery. They had no strip show at the time, I decide to bolt. I refused to pay for the champagne. After much confrontation thru a translator (a taxi dude) we decided that I should only pay a chic drink ($20 US)

That's was an expensive lesson. Let no other monger fall victim to this overinflated hell hole. 75 bucks and saw no tits? If I wanted to drink beer there were cheaper ways.

As for the the chica pricing it's 150 us dollar an hour. Only two of which I saw were 8 material. Others just homely and 5-7 caliber.

But to repeat DON'T LAY A FOOT IN CRYSTAL. YOU'LL REGRET IT.

Ben There
10-21-07, 21:15
I am coming back to BA for a business trip, but I am heading up to Iguazu for a quick trip before work. Anything about anything guys. Hotels, chicas. The board was good for my last visit to BA, so don't leave me hanging!

Redhot
11-27-07, 17:49
Hi guys,

Those who are lucky to travel to Iguazu can hire a very good local tourist guide who speaks excelllent English.

He has a comfortable car, air conditioned (which is very important due to high temperatures)

He is kind, honest and very economical.

He knows the area perfectly well and recommends good, cheap places. He toured me along Triple Frontera, he explained things from Foz do Iguazu (Brazil) Ciudad de Este (Paraguay)

I made a six- hour tour and it only cost $100.

Ariel Villaba

You can contact him by E-mail: arielsebastianvillalba@hotmail. Com

Telephone number: 3757446177

Helpmann
11-27-07, 22:49
Hi Guys,

Before I arrived in Buenos Aires for the Thanksgiving Feast at the l'alliance, I did a 3-day trip to the Iguazu Falls.

If you have questions, feel free to PM me or you can wait for the trip report that should be coming this weekend.

-Helpmann:)

Ben There
11-28-07, 20:37
Ok so let me start by saying that I did no mongering. I repeat I did no mongering here. I can talk all day about seeing the sights, which hotel is good, which trail to hike when and what are the good restaurants. I can talk about going to brazil and Paraguay and renting a driver for a day, and buying a 70-300 Nikon telephoto lense in ciudad de este. I can talk about an amazing eco lodge 150 km south of iguazu in the jungle and my experiences there. I can talk about a full week in the north, but I had not a single piece of action, not a hj, bbbj, cbj, cola, pepsi, nada, I didn't even look around for any (although I did keep my eyes open just in case) so to be sure, I am happy to write about all the above. Synopsis of course and I will even through in some pics, but I am afraid there may not be much interest. If there is even one call for interest. My story begins.

BT

BundaLover
11-29-07, 00:52
Ben There (and Helpman), Thanks for checking back. I would love to get general tourist info. This eco lodge place 150km away sounds interesting. Thanks from all the future readers of your reports.

AllIWantIsLove
11-29-07, 02:48
Let your story begin.

Ok so let me start by saying that I did no mongering. I repeat I did no mongering here. I can talk all day about seeing the sights, which hotel is good, which trail to hike when and what are the good restaurants. I can talk about going to brazil and Paraguay and renting a driver for a day, and buying a 70-300 Nikon telephoto lense in ciudad de este. I can talk about an amazing eco lodge 150 km south of iguazu in the jungle and my experiences there. I can talk about a full week in the north, but I had not a single piece of action, not a hj, bbbj, cbj, cola, pepsi, nada, I didn't even look around for any (although I did keep my eyes open just in case) so to be sure, I am happy to write about all the above. Synopsis of course and I will even through in some pics, but I am afraid there may not be much interest. If there is even one call for interest. My story begins.

BT

Ben There
11-29-07, 03:50
Let your story begin.Lots of choices to stay in Iguazu, but clearly only a few real choices in the end. I did a lot of research on the net and used Travel Advisor to read comments about the places. In the park there is only the Sheraton, which has a direct view to the falls and is in the park. Positves, you are there, no need to take any transportation to the park and the park hours are not limiting as for those who have to come in. You really feel the park. Negs- very expensive even for Sheraton standards 300U$S night and I only heard that it was mediocre at best. You are stranded in the hotel for food unless you take a 30AR$ cab into town. In town there are a number of places, lots of hostels and mid price places that seemed run down. I stayed at the Saint George. The key here is to get an upper floor and pay for what is called the Jr Suite. Cost me 100US breakfast incuded. Don't pay for the dinner, while the restaurant looks great and is always packed, its mediocre at best. Lots of very good parilla within walking distance that are similar priced and much much better. Also one "trick" I am in the travel business so I always ask (via e-mail) for a travel agents discount, the room I got is usually 120, I got it for 100. Nice, clean, swimming pool, jacuzzi, and right in the center of town across from the bus station. 4ar will get you to the park in 20 mins. There are 3 restaurants that are excellent, Agua, Grill House and one next to the gas station (you can't miss it) All excellent grills, great service and the usual "I can't believe I paid that little for that much food" prices. Again all within walking distances. There is no reason to stay in the park and pay the prices. There are lots of hotels that are on the road to the park, but they look run down and they are really just not convienient places to be.

At the bus station, right across the street) there are lots of travel agents selling the exact same tours that offer different experiences in and around the park. Its also very easy to get the bus from there to the park, to the Brazil side, and to Paraguay. I will talk about that next.

Ben There
11-29-07, 09:53
First off its worth the visit, 2nd you need to see both the Brazil and Arg sides. 3, take your time. If you are the type you might want to consider hiring a guide for the day to walk with you. A private guide will cost 120-150 for the day. I wished I had done it, but I would just hook on to groups at stops and listen or ask questions to the guides (they all wear idenification. Ok how to see the falls the BT way.

1) Go early and stay late and go slow. This way you will see more wildlife if that is an interest. I saw monkeys, Toucans, alligators (caimans) lots of crazy other birds, caoti (but they are like un tame raccons walking gettnig food) and other largish mammal things that you wouldnt want foraging in your pantry.

2) Do what you can to avoid the groups. Many people reccomend going out to the Devils Throat first thing. Wrong. Save it for last There are essentially 3 main trails. I did the upper circut, followed by a break between the upper and lower at the cafe. Then the lower circut, back to the break place, then out to the Devils throat by the train. It took me almost 10 hours. That was going real slow (I take lots of nature shots. This way I took m why time, didnt run to SEE the falls, met people and talked with them and walked with people that I liked. (I went solo) saw lots of animals, stayed mostly away from the groups and saw the throat as the sun starts down wich is the best for pics.

Most tourist groups will first go to the throat, then the upper, then lower, then island, then boat ride. If you take an opposite route, you will surely miss them being there the whole time.

I wanted to save the boat ride (a ride in the waves and right up and into the mist) for the 2nd day, I got there in the morning to sign up and the only one left was in the late afternoon, and the island was closed due to hi water. So I missed doing that, but everyone said it was great. DO RIDE ON THE ARG side. Its like 3 tmes more expensive on the BR side.

Next up the hired driver, Paraguay, BR side, and the birds sanctuary.

Orang05
11-29-07, 12:36
Thanks to the US$ slide vis-a-vis the BR real, things are more expensive than ever on the BR side of Foz do Iguacu. But they may still be worth it. Many, many hotels of quite acceptable quality and guest friendly both in Foz centro and on highway leaving the city. Many excellent restaurants that are reasonably priced, ranging from churascarrias (sp? )to fresh-water fish places abound. Night time mongering scene is pretty good (though no where near Rio scale) There is one major club (on the highway into town from the Park) and several in Foz. At least three modelo agencies in town with take-out or delivery, and at least 4 "motels" if you prefer that venue to your hotel. Your trusted taxi driver will know of current options and take you on an "inspection and possible purchase tour" -- at no addtl charge to you in Foz - an oddity in BR). Hotel staff can also arrange for a variety of garotas from which to choose - for ca. A 15-20R propina. CAUTION: (1) This (late Nov. 07) is getting into high season, and rates will come close to doubling during summer holidays, and for the entire month of Jan. Combined with the nearly 20% hit the US$ has taken against the real the BR side is, for the next few months, very steep. Best to wait until March. (2) Generally, you can get into BR at Foz from AR for 3 days w / o a BR visia. Usually. It ALL depends on your AR taxi driver and how cool he is with the BR border authorities. (3) It is more dangerous on the BR side at night than on the AR side. Be careful, watch your back, and get a good driver right off (your hotel can arrange) After all, it is Brasil. And that's the point: You may find it all worth it (I did) For current conditions ck out the BR forums on ISG. Muito bem!

Helpmann
12-01-07, 01:22
After spending the entire night chatting with Donnie D (ISG member) outside of Help Disco, I left the club empty handed. I almost walked away with 2-sisters, but I was hoping for something "So Much Better." At 4am, I walked 2-blocks to my apartment, packed, and left for the airport to begin a new adventure, Foz do Iguacu.

I arrived in Foz do Iguacu from Sao Paulo later that afternoon to be picked-up and taken to Hotel Del Rey (R$60/ night. I had read several reviews of the hotel and it had everything that I wanted in a boutique hotel: good location (2-blocks from Avenida Brasil) wireless internet, great breakfast, great service, and privacy ("guests" cost R$35/ night.)

After unpacking and somewhat settling in I decided to walk Avenida Brasil, the main street in town. After locating, the basics (bank, pharmacy, restaurants, and the Capitao Bar) I decided to get down to business. I walked to the nearest taxi stand and asked a taxi driver, which houses and clubs he knew of. He listed Cristals (very poor reviews) Scorpions (no recent reviews) and Casa Vera (mixed reviews) all of which I had read about on chat boards already. The driver seemed like a good guy, but I didn't think he could clue me into anything outside of the commercial scene (he was reading the club addresses and hours of operation from the business cards they had given him.)

Well fine, I asked him to drive me to Scorpions, so I could see where it was and perhaps give me a tour of the street scene. It was only 7:00pm and I just wanted to get my bearings. Also, I had already arranged for an internet pro, Senorita July, to meet me at my hotel at 8pm. We drove by Scorpions and drove by several street walker areas, which were also nearby the club, later returning to my hotel. Although, I was somewhat interested in the "chica" scene in Foz do Iguacu, where I really wanted to go (besides the waterfalls) was Club Eros, in Ciudad del Este, Paraguay. The driver gave me his number, I mentioned the possibility of going to Paraguay tomorrow evening and I hoped that this was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

With only 15 minutes until 8pm, I took a quick shower, and took a seat on the bench outside of the hotel to wait for my date. At 8:10pm, Senorita July stepped out of the cab and we greeted each other. I asked her to have a seat on the bench, so we could chat and get comfortable with one another (Hablo Espanol, No Falo Portuguesa.) When she looked comfortable, she radioed the taxi driver (she carries a walkie-talkie and 2 cell-phones in her purse) that everything was fine and we went inside. Although, "guests" are charged R$35/ night, Senorita looked and was dressed more like my lawyer or accountant than my fuck toy, so hotel management didn't charge me or ask questions.

I told her what I wanted, my leche in her mouth primero and my leche in her culo despues and we went to it. She's a nice girl (22-years-old) but on looks and body alone she's a "4." Nevertheless, I was not surprised or dissappointed, because I had already seen her photo and had read on a Brazilian board that her service was fantastic.

First Senorita July drops to her knees and starts with her mouth....

After the first leche, I asked her to give me a full body massage hoping that I would have enough energy to fuck her ass (no sleep the night before.)

After the massage, I again return to her mouth, before entering her ass. We enjoy multiple positions; however after a half an hour, I am too tired to cum, so we chat. I ask her about her life in Foz, her family, her career aspirations, but I finally ask her about the fantasies of her clients. She tells me that the #1 request she receives is a where she dresses up like a muslim woman and is taken from behind. She tells me about her girl-girl sex acts and her multiple men sex acts (one cock in her ass, one cock in her pussy) and I start to realize how dirty this girl is.

Well after 2-hours and R$100 later, I show her the door, but book time with her for tomorrow at 6pm. I walk a block down Rua Taroba to the restaurant, "Buffalo Bronco" where waiters walk by my table every 3-minutes to serve me filet mignon, pork wrapped in bacon, NY strip, chorizo, chicken, and every imaginable piece of meat a man could dream of. Around 11pm I head back to the hotel.

It will be a long day tomorrow and I need to sleep.

www.hoteldelreyfoz.com.br
www.garotadefoz.com

Helpmann
12-02-07, 13:23
After a good night of rest, I was scrambling to shower, dress, and get upstairs before the 10am breakfast buffet close. Upstairs I was surprised to see a bounty of ham, bacon, eggs, rolls, fried bananas, pastries, cheeses, coffee, juice, and much more. I loaded up my plate and hungrily scarfed the food down. By 10:15am I was ready to head to the falls (Las Cataratas.)

I asked the hotel attendant for directions and he told me that I could catch the public bus at the bus stop, which was across the street and about a half a block South. At 10:20am, I caught the public bus for R$2.00 and we left for the Iguazu Falls (the bus's last stop is the Iguazu Falls and it's 2nd to last stop is the airport.)

My trip to Iguazu was not a spare of the moment decision. I had planned to spend 2-days at the falls and 3-days in Foz do Iguacu (2nd Day Brazil Side; 3rd Day Argentina Side) and I had brought everything that I thought I might need (all stored in my cargo pants.) I had my digital camera, my underwater disposable camera, my plastic rain poncho, and a couple of airtight zip-lock bags to store my camera, watch, and money should I get wet.

After a 45-minute bus ride, the tourists and I disembarked from the bus and bought my park entrance and transportation ticket (R$20.) There I jumped in the charter bus line, which would take me directly to the falls. On the 15 minute bus ride I was seated next to a Peruvian woman who was part of large seniors group that was traveling all over South America. After pitifully trying to speak Portuguese for the last week, I was thrilled to meet and talk with any Spanish speakers. She told me about her kids in the US and her trip.

The bus let us out in front of the Tropical das Cataratas Hotel, I believe the only hotel located within the Park, and we walked about 20 yards down to see the end of the falls (about 1-mile from the beginning of the Devil's Throat.) From there we were on foot, walking closer and closer to the beginning of the Devil's Throat. Having seen Niagra many years ago, I was amazed with what I saw at Iguazu (I took hundreds of photos.) I loved it. I was at the Devil's Throat until 2:30pm, then I left to take the the Macuco Boat Safari excursion, which was located between the park entrance and the Tropical das Cataratas hotel.

I jumped on a charter bus that was heading toward the park entrance, but got off early to do the Macuco Boat Safari (R$148.) The Macuco Boat Safari is a tour aboard a 25-foot zodiac boat, up river, which takes you through and into some of the smaller falls in the Devil's Throat. It was fantastic! I did the tour with a seniors group from Uruguay and we all walked off soaked wet, but laughing.

After finishing the tour around 4pm, I took another charter bus to the park entrance (exit) and waited for the public bus to take me back to my hotel. About an hour later, the bus dropped me off at the city's main bus station, about 3 blocks from my hotel, and I quickly made my way back to my room (I have a 6pm "date" with Senorita July.)

After showering, changing, uploading my photos to my laptop, and checking my email, I made my way to the bench outside the hotel to wait for Senorita July. At 6:20pm, the hotel attendant walked outside to tell me that I had a phone call (damn!) I answered the phone to hear an unfamiliar man's voice tell me that Senorita July was delayed in Argentina and would not be able to arrive until 7:30pm. I thanked him for the message and told him that I had other plans for the evening (Dinner at 8pm; Club Eros at 10pm) and that I would have to cancel the appointment.

After Plan A went bust, I turned to Plan B, I called the taxi driver. I asked him if he could swing by the hotel, so that he could listen to my proposal. Once he arrived at the hotel, we grabbed a seat on the bench and I told him that I needed a driver who could not only drive me to and from Club Eros, but could also stay with me for the 4-hours (10pm - 2am) I would be in Ciudad del Este (the club was 12km outside of the city, and I didn't trust catching a ride back to Foz do Iguacu with an unfamiliar Ciudad del Este taxi driver at 2am.) I offered the Foz taxi driver R$100. After 10 minutes of discussion, we could not reach an arrangement. Later in the negotiation he did counter with an offer of R$200; however, I believe that was just a number he threw out of the air. He honestly did not want to drive through Ciudad del Este at night. He was scared and I believe that I should have been as well.

I thanked him for time and his sincerity and I returned to my room, Plan B went bust. It was still early, about 8pm and already my night was finished. I changed my clothes and walked over to "Buffalo Bronco" for dinner and tried to think of some ideas, Plan C. After another wonderful dinner, I walked down Avenida Brasil to see what the night life was like in town. I saw mostly tourists and Brazilians sitting outside having dinner or drinking beers and watching the soccer game. I also noticed several hookers near the corner of Brasil and DaSilva and Brasil and Reboucas. Plan C was starting to formulate, so I returned to my hotel to change my clothes for the evening.

I returned to the corner of Brasil and Reboucas, so I could grab an outdoor table, a beer, a view of the soccer game, and a view of the hookers on the corner. It was only 10:30pm, so I didn't plan to take a street girl home, but I thought I could at least see what was there and relax with my beer. At 12am, I decided to stroll down Avenida Brasil, before catching a taxi to the Capitao Bar (Ave. Schimmepleng and Brasil.) The Capitao Bar was an after hours bar and grill that was open until late in the evening. Even on a weekday night, the Capitao Bar was full of male tourists and their Brazilian female companions (I should have reached out to several Brazilian girls from Foz on Orcut or Hi-5 before I arrived. Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn!) Well, what was done was done. I thought I would be spending the night banging a Paraguayan teen in Club Eros tonight anyway. After 1-hour of sipping my caiparinha and bottle of water, I walked to the taxi stand across the street and asked the driver to take me to Scorpions (what a mistake.)

I had read the very negative reviews on Cristals and the mixed reviews on Casa Vera; however, only one outdated positive review on Scorpions. Once inside, I am immediately greeted by a young, tall beauty with long black hair. I forgot her name, but she tells me she's from Londrina; however, she looks more Russian than Brazilian. She's great and very affectionate. Throughout the night we're making out and drinking champagne, her tongue in my ear and her hands on my cock. I have never been one to walk into a club like this, because of their notoriety (if you're a Santo Domingo traveler, think Remmingtons.) Anyway, I was on Plan C, I knew what to expect and I didn't care. I was having too much fun. At 2:30am (30 minutes before closing) she wants to leave and tells me R$400. I say it's too high and we leave at R$250 for the night. I pay the bill for the 3-4 buckets of champagne we ordered and though I am surprised (R$200) I realized that this was the poor choice I made when I decided to "wing-it." The taxi driver who drove me there is waiting to escort us back to the hotel, I pay him, and we head to the room. The desk attendant sees the hooker with me and bills me an extra R$35 for the night (he calls the room to confirm the charge.) What an expensive night. The girl from Londrina doesn't waste any time and gets my pants off and her mouth on my cock. At the club, I loved her aggressiveness, but in bed, I find it annoying. She gets on all fours, so I can fuck her in doggy and then I realize what she's up to. She want's to get me off as quickly as possible, so she can get the hell out of there! Surprised, NO; disappointed, YES.

After about 45-minutes of fucking, I cum and she is dressing and heading for the door. While she's dressing, I grab my laptop to check email (perhaps I can see Senorita July tomorrow. The girl from Londrina, says she ready and that I should pay her R$250, I refuse. This goes on for about 30min. Eventually she threatens to call the police, then calls them. I say fine. Then for another 20 minutes we are both talking to the police (the officer speaks Spanish.) I tell my side, she tells her side. It probably doesn't matter, I am sure the club and the girls regularly pay off the police with money and their bodies. Finally, the police officer threatens to come down to the hotel where I will be fined and the hotel will be fined. Still I am unmoved. It isn't until the hotel attendant knocks on my door to tell me that we're waking-up the other hotel guests that I pay the girl R$200 + R$20 cab fare to get out.

What a night, what a day.

-Helpmann :)

Precocious One
12-02-07, 14:37
After a good night of rest, I was scrambling to shower, dress, and get upstairs before the 10am breakfast buffet close. Upstairs I was surprised to see a bounty of ham, bacon, eggs, rolls, fried bananas, pastries, cheeses, coffee, juice, and much more. I loaded up my plate and hungrily scarfed the food down. By 10:15am I was ready to head to the falls (Las Cataratas.

I asked the hotel attendant for directions and he told me that I could catch the public bus at the bus stop, which was across the street and about a half a block South. At 10:20am, I caught the public bus for R$2.00 and we left for the Iguazu Falls (the bus's last stop is the Iguazu Falls and it's 2nd to last stop is the airport.

My trip to Iguazu was not a spare of the moment decision. I had planned to spend 2-days at the falls and 3-days in Foz do Iguacu (2nd Day Brazil Side; 3rd Day Argentina Side) and I had brought everything that I thought I might need (all stored in my cargo pants. I had my digital camera, my underwater disposable camera, my plastic rain poncho, and a couple of airtight zip-lock bags to store my camera, watch, and money should I get wet.

After a 45-minute bus ride, the tourists and I disembarked from the bus and bought my park entrance and transportation ticket (R$20. There I jumped in the charter bus line, which would take me directly to the falls. On the 15 minute bus ride I was seated next to a Peruvian woman who was part of large seniors group that was traveling all over South America. After pitifully trying to speak Portuguese for the last week, I was thrilled to meet and talk with any Spanish speakers. She told me about her kids in the US and her trip.

The bus let us out in front of the Tropical das Cataratas Hotel, I believe the only hotel located within the Park, and we walked about 20 yards down to see the end of the falls (about 1-mile from the beginning of the Devil's Throat. From there we were on foot, walking closer and closer to the beginning of the Devil's Throat. Having seen Niagra many years ago, I was amazed with what I saw at Iguazu (I took hundreds of photos. I loved it. I was at the Devil's Throat until 2:30pm, then I left to take the the Macuco Boat Safari excursion, which was located between the park entrance and the Tropical das Cataratas hotel.

I jumped on a charter bus that was heading toward the park entrance, but got off early to do the Macuco Boat Safari (R$148. The Macuco Boat Safari is a tour aboard a 25-foot zodiac boat, up river, which takes you through and into some of the smaller falls in the Devil's Throat. It was fantastic! I did the tour with a seniors group from Uruguay and we all walked off soaked wet, but laughing.

After finishing the tour around 4pm, I took another charter bus to the park entrance (exit) and waited for the public bus to take me back to my hotel. About an hour later, the bus dropped me off at the city's main bus station, about 3 blocks from my hotel, and I quickly made my way back to my room (I have a 6pm "date" with Senorita July.

After showering, changing, uploading my photos to my laptop, and checking my email, I made my way to the bench outside the hotel to wait for Senorita July. At 6:20pm, the hotel attendant walked outside to tell me that I had a phone call (damn! I answered the phone to hear an unfamiliar man's voice tell me that Senorita July was delayed in Argentina and would not be able to arrive until 7:30pm. I thanked him for the message and told him that I had other plans for the evening (Dinner at 8pm; Club Eros at 10pm) and that I would have to cancel the appointment.

After Plan A went bust, I turned to Plan be, I called the taxi driver. I asked him if he could swing by the hotel, so that he could listen to my proposal. Once he arrived at the hotel, we grabbed a seat on the bench and I told him that I needed a driver who could not only drive me to and from Club Eros, but could also stay with me for the 4-hours (10pm - 2am) I would be in Ciudad del Este (the club was 12km outside of the city, and I didn't trust catching a ride back to Foz do Iguacu with an unfamiliar Ciudad del Este taxi driver at 2am. I offered the Foz taxi driver R$100. After 10 minutes of discussion, we could not reach an arrangement. Later in the negotiation he did counter with an offer of R$200; however, I believe that was just a number he threw out of the air. He honestly did not want to drive through Ciudad del Este at night. He was scared and I believe that I should have been as well.

I thanked him for time and his sincerity and I returned to my room, Plan be went bust. It was still early, about 8pm and already my night was finished. I changed my clothes and walked over to "Buffalo Bronco" for dinner and tried to think of some ideas, Plan C. After another wonderful dinner, I walked down Avenida Brasil to see what the night life was like in town. I saw mostly tourists and Brazilians sitting outside having dinner or drinking beers and watching the soccer game. I also noticed several hookers near the corner of Brasil and DaSilva and Brasil and Reboucas. Plan C was starting to formulate, so I returned to my hotel to change my clothes for the evening.

I returned to the corner of Brasil and Reboucas, so I could grab an outdoor table, a beer, a view of the soccer game, and a view of the hookers on the corner. It was only 10:30pm, so I didn't plan to take a street girl home, but I thought I could at least see what was there and relax with my beer. At 12am, I decided to stroll down Avenida Brasil, before catching a taxi to the Capitao Bar (Ave. Schimmepleng and Brasil. The Capitao Bar was an after hours bar and grill that was open until late in the evening. Even on a weekday night, the Capitao Bar was full of male tourists and their Brazilian female companions (I should have reached out to several Brazilian girls from Foz on Orcut or Hi-5 before I arrived. Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! Well, what was done was done. I thought I would be spending the night banging a Paraguayan teen in Club Eros tonight anyway. After 1-hour of sipping my caiparinha and bottle of water, I walked to the taxi stand across the street and asked the driver to take me to Scorpions (what a mistake.)

I had read the very negative reviews on Cristals and the mixed reviews on Casa Vera; however, only one outdated positive review on Scorpions. Once inside, I am immediately greeted by a young, tall beauty with long black hair. I forgot her name, but she tells me she's from Londrina; however, she looks more Russian than Brazilian. She's great and very affectionate. Throughout the night we're making out and drinking champagne, her tongue in my ear and her hands on my cock. I have never been one to walk into a club like this, because of their notoriety (if you're a Santo Domingo traveler, think Remmingtons. Anyway, I was on Plan C, I knew what to expect and I didn't care. I was having too much fun. At 2:30am (30 minutes before closing) she wants to leave and tells me R$400. I say it's too high and we leave at R$250 for the night. I pay the bill for the 3-4 buckets of champagne we ordered and though I am surprised (R$200) I realized that this was the poor choice I made when I decided to "wing-it." The taxi driver who drove me there is waiting to escort us back to the hotel, I pay him, and we head to the room. The desk attendant sees the hooker with me and bills me an extra R$35 for the night (he calls the room to confirm the charge. What an expensive night. The girl from Londrina doesn't waste any time and gets my pants off and her mouth on my cock. At the club, I loved her aggressiveness, but in bed, I find it annoying. She gets on all fours, so I can fuck her in doggy and then I realize what she's up to. She want's to get me off as quickly as possible, so she can get the hell out of there! Surprised, NO; disappointed, YES.

After about 45-minutes of fucking, I cum and she is dressing and heading for the door. While she's dressing, I grab my laptop to check email (perhaps I can see Senorita July tomorrow. The girl from Londrina, says she ready and that I should pay her R$250, I refuse. This goes on for about 30min. Eventually she threatens to call the police, then calls them. I say fine. Then for another 20 minutes we are both talking to the police (the officer speaks Spanish. I tell my side, she tells her side. It probably doesn't matter, I am sure the club and the girls regularly pay off the police with money and their bodies. Finally, the police officer threatens to come down to the hotel where I will be fined and the hotel will be fined. Still I am unmoved. It isn't until the hotel attendant knocks on my door to tell me that we're waking-up the other hotel guests that I pay the girl R$200 + R$20 cab fare to get out.

What a night, what a day.

-Helpmann:)Helpmann-

Good for you. Next time, pull the cop to the side and give him R$50 and see if he will take your side. I realize that R$50 means nothing to most of us here, but the thought of getting ripped off sucks. I had one girl in a Monterrey, MX dance hall try to extort 100 pesos (ten dollars) from me after I bought her and her friend a drink. I initially was trying to hook up with her friend, but she had to leave and entertain another client. I was stuck with this girl and after I politely excused myself to hit on another girl, she came over to me and demanded 100 pesos for the five minutes or so that I spent with her. Not going to happen. She brought over the manager and two of his cronnies and after discussing the situation with them, I just basically walked right out the door but in a very respectful manner. A week later I returned to the same dance hall and tipped the manager 50 pesos.

Helpmann
12-08-07, 14:24
By the next morning and I was back on my computer chatting with a couple of Dominican girls on MSN Messenger. Also, I had sent an email to Senorita July for a 4-hour session with video and I was waiting for her reply. By 10:05am I realized that I missed breakfast, but continued to chat with the girls from DR.

I wasn't sure what I would do today. Although, I had planned to do the Argentinean side of the falls, I also wanted to visit Ciudad del Este, and I didn't think that a 2nd day at the falls would amaze me as much as it did the first time. With this in mind and knowing that I would be heading to the airport at 3:30am to catch a 6am flight, I decided to keep the day simple and relaxing.

By early afternoon, I hailed a cab and asked the driver to take me to Paraguay. It took about 15 minutes to reach the Friendship Bridge (the bridge that connects Ciudad del Este, Paraguay to Foz do Iguacu, Brazil. Upon reaching the bridge, the driver turned off his meter. Although, I had obtained a Paraguayan Visa for my passport, it wasn't needed. The police on both sides, didn't appear to be checking anything or anyone as people entered Paraguay or Brazil. Once we crossed the bridge, I asked the driver to drop me off in the middle of the market, a few blocks from the border. I paid him R$30 and started a new adventure in Paraguay.

The market in Ciudad del Este is huge (hundreds of shops) and is located immediately upon crossing the bridge into Paraguay. Although, the market in Ciudad del Este was 10x the size of New York's Chinatown, I found the selection quite similiar in product and price. I guess I wasn't sure what to expect, but the merchandise that I saw (Electronics, Cell Phones, Fishing Rods, Clothes, Leather Goods) didn't appear to be as special or unique as I hoped it would be (everything there could be bought on Ebay for comparable prices. Although, I didn't see any bargains at the market for me, there were plenty of bargains there for Brazilians (the Brazilian government heavily taxes imported goods.

After 2-hours of walking around the market, I decided to pack it in. I hailed a Paraguyan taxi to take be back to Brazil (R$25. After crossing back into Foz do Iguacu, I asked the driver about Club Eros. He was familiar with the club, but didn't know their hours. Again I tried to arrange a similiar deal with the driver, a night time excursion to Club Eros. Nevertheless, like the driver from the other day, he was also too scared to drive in Ciudad del Este at night. He suggested an alternative, a daytime visit to Casa Blanca; however, I graciously declined.

After returning to Avenida Brasil, I ate, returned to my hotel, and checked email. Senorita July quoted me a price of R$400 for 4-hours of sex and video and I declined (I shouldn't have to pay R$200 extra for video work. After packing and running a few errands, I went to bed early. I knew that tomorrow would be a long day, but an important one.

I would arrive in Buenos Aires for the Expat Feast!

Tr Tuga
12-16-07, 06:11
I would like to thank Ben There for a very good report on Iguazu. I am also interested in nature fotografy so I believe that your report will help me a lot when I go there at the end of January.

Ben There did finish his most recent report from iguazu by saying: Next up the hired driver, Paraguay, BR side, and the birds sanctuary. Could you please tell us more about that?

Thanks also to Helpmann for good reports as I'm of course also are interested in chicas.

Tr Tuga

Ben There
12-16-07, 14:34
I would like to thank Ben There for a very good report on Iguazu. I am also interested in nature fotografy so I believe that your report will help me a lot when I go there at the end of January.

Ben There did finish his most recent report from iguazu by saying: Next up the hired driver, Paraguay, BR side, and the birds sanctuary. Could you please tell us more about that?

Thanks also to Helpmann for good reports as I'm of course also are interested in chicas.

Tr TugaWill do hadnt gotten around to it. Coming soon.

But if you want to see pics.now. . http://picasaweb.google.com/billsterbill

Tr Tuga
12-19-07, 14:33
Hi,

Looks good, I get the feeling that theres quite a lot of objects there to take pictures of.

The bird sanctuary, is it in Brasil? And is it an enclosure or are they free flying?

Did you see any tucanas, parrots, iguanas etc. On the Argie side or only in Brasil?

Great post you made, I most probably will try to walk in the same order as you did in order to avoid the crowds.

Tr Tuga

Stowe
12-20-07, 02:06
Hey TT,

The bird sanctuary is in Brazil about 10 minutes inside Brazil. The place is set up pretty nice with the animals in very large cages and the people walk around them in small walkways.

We spent about 90-120 minutes in there-it is very large. We went last April and while I don't recall the price, it was very reasonable.

There are many tucanas, parrots, iguanas and much more.

Suerte.

Stowe

Tr Tuga
12-20-07, 15:19
Thanks Stowe.

I Will go there.

Tr Tuga

Ben There
12-20-07, 16:23
Hi,

Looks good, I get the feeling that theres quite a lot of objects there to take pictures of.

The bird sanctuary, is it in Brasil? And is it an enclosure or are they free flying?

Did you see any tucanas, parrots, iguanas etc. On the Argie side or only in Brasil?

Great post you made, I most probably will try to walk in the same order as you did in order to avoid the crowds.

Tr TugaThere area actually 2 bird places and both qutie different. Both near the entrance to the parks on both the Brazil and Arg side. THe one on the Arg side is focusing on conservation, animal rescue and education. It was founded by a guy who is apparantly very big in falconry use at airports to keep birds from flying into jet engines. Its very interesting and very educational. The one on the BRazil side has lots more birds. It has several cages that you walk into and can get pretty close up to the birds. All of them have a good variety. I saw plenty of birds also in the falls at the park on the argie side. You just have to walk slow and keep away fromt eh crowds. The Toucan you can hear and it sounds like a cross between a frog croaking and a hoarse dog. Use your imagination.

Jackpot
12-20-07, 19:11
Does anyone know if you walk across the ARG / BRA border from the ARG side, to go into Brasil do they examine your passport for a visa.

I have a Brasil visa and need to activate it in one month. Plan to go to Iguazu and go thru the border to Brasil and get my visa stamped.

Has anyone done this?

Jackpot

Rock Harders
12-20-07, 19:57
Jackpot-

As a matter of fact, back in January 2005 when I got my 5 year visa, the first place I entered in Brasil was at the Foz do Iguacu crossing. There is no "walking" across the border, you must take a bus or a taxi. After you cross the border (which consists of crossing a bridge) you need to stop in the immigration building slightly down the road on the left hand side. I was with a group and the immigration guy was lazy so he stamped everyone in the group in and out of Brasil at the same time.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Ben There
12-20-07, 20:26
Does anyone know if you walk across the ARG / BRA border from the ARG side,

To go into brasil do they examine your passport for a visa.

I have a Brasil visa and need to activate it in one month. Plan to go to Iguazu.

And go thru the border to Brasil and get my visa stamped.

Has anyone done this.

JackpotI travel with 2 passports and one does not require visa. That said, I crossed the border with a Taxi which many have said is not problomatic. All 3 crossings or 4 or whatever between IG / Foz / CDE each time we stopped and they checked.

Rockin Bob
12-23-07, 15:26
Here's the deal on the Triple Frontier as I understand it. Basically, going through immigrations is optional. You can get your exit/entry stamps if you need them, or you can just cross the border without them.

You don't need to stop at immigrations. If anything, if you're on a bus you have to ask the driver to stop.

You can go through immigrations if you want to activate the visa for Brazil. Yes, you do have to enter the country in 90 days or it expires.

You can also do the 90 day visa run just like going over to Uruguay.

If you just cross the border for the day to see the waterfalls or go shopping in Ciudad del Este, there's no problem, you don't need to go through immigrations. In other words, if you are an American and don't have a visa for Brazil you can still go to Brazil to see the falls.

In Paraguay, you have a zone that extends I think 75 kilometers from the bridge where you can go without an entry stamp. In Brazil, you can certainly roam around Foz de Iguazu.

The thing is this, that once you're in the country you can't go anywhere else. They won't let you on a bus or an airplane unless you have a valid entry stamp, and they have checkpoints on the highways. That's the catch.

JuanCaminante
12-23-07, 15:38
If you're going into Paraguay at the Cuidad del Este land crossing at the Friendship bridge, and intend to fly out from Asuncion, you will need an entry stamp at the land border. If you don't have it the airport immigration guys will give you a hard time and may not let you fly.

Chica Seeker
04-19-08, 20:07
On Tuesday I took a trip to Iguazu after reading the useful information in this thread. I was not there for mongering and did not partake. In fact I needed a bit of a rest.

The trip with LAN was 770p return and took about 1.5 hours one way. I stayed at the St. George Hotel at a nightly rate of $110 in a master suite (which is the newer section of the hotel) This included airport transfer as well as both breakfast and dinner. I concur with a previous post suggesting that you eat elsewhere for dinner. The first night the buffet was very good but that was not the case the second night.

I arrived mid afternoon so there was not enough time to go to the falls the first day. Instead I purchased a river cruise for 90p which started late afternoon. The cruise is something that they have just started and I can't say that I would recommend it. The trip down the river took us to the junction with Brazil and Paraguay which was interesting. We then stopped down river to watch members of an indigenous tribe in Paraguay do a religious ceremony on the shore. 3 members of the tribe returned with us in order to attempt to sell their trinkets, although I did not see anyone buying. There was musical entertainment on the way back.

The next day I went to the falls for the price of 60p including return transportation and the guide. Unfortunately, the weather was not great and it drizzled most of the day. The guide said that it is like that about 100 days out of the year. You should watch the weather forecast before booking and attempt to get a sunny day for the trip.

The visit to the falls was definitely worth the trip in my opinion. There are trails at 3 different levels to view the falls. The guide starts at the top level where you see the so called "devils throat" and you then move down to the middle and lower level. It makes sense to do it in this order as the best is saved for last. The panorama of all the waterfalls from the lower level was spectacular.

I did not do the Brazilian side as I did not have the required visa. I understand that the tour on this side takes about 2.5 hours and was told that it should be left for a separate day if possible. I know that the Argentine side was enough for me for the day.

You can also take a boat ride very near the falls for an additional 120p and I did not partake. Most did, however, and were soaking wet for the next couple of hours until they got back to the hotel. If you are going to do this you should take a change of clothes with you as you are guaranteed to get drenched! The advantage of taking the boat ride is that you do not have to walk back up to the upper level although it really was not all that challenging.

This was a worth while 2 day diversion from all the activity in Buenos Aires.

Rockin Bob
04-19-08, 21:12
On Tuesday I took a trip to Iguazu after reading the useful information in this thread.

I did not do the Brazilian side as I did not have the required visa.Chica Seeker, did you try to go through immigrations and get refused, or did you not read the useful information in this thread like about two posts down?

Chica Seeker
04-20-08, 13:48
Chica Seeker, did you try to go through immigrations and get refused or did you not read the useful information in this thread like about two posts down?No, I was not refused entry by immigration as I made no attempt to go to the Brazilian side. Our guide said that a visa was required for North American tourists and I left it at that as I thought that the policy may have changed from the time of your post. I did not investigate it further and he may very well have been mistaken on this point.

Uzinuzin
10-26-08, 14:58
I have been reading this forum daily and I hope I have enough info for my two weeks trip to BA mid-Nov. But I am planning 3 night at Iguazu to see the waterfalls and as I only have limited vacation for these trips, I was hoping if there are any chance of mongering at Iguazu. I've UK passport so I can go to Foz (Brazilian side) without visa if there are better action there, but want to know if it's worth the night trip in taxis to Foz. Is the Argentina side dead (as far as mongers concerned) ?

I read Helpmann reports below and will read again, but I wondered if anyone has any new info to add; Hotel to stay near night life (is it better to stay in Argentine side or Brazilian - considering flying from BA) any club / privados worth visiting at both sides. After all I don't want to loose 2 days and 3 nights without any chicas....... (No matter how good the waterfalls are!)

Cheers.

Eurotrashy27
03-22-10, 03:58
I have been reading this forum daily and I hope I have enough info for my two weeks trip to BA mid-Nov. But I am planning 3 night at Iguazu to see the waterfalls and as I only have limited vacation for these trips, I was hoping if there are any chance of mongering at Iguazu. I've UK passport so I can go to Foz (Brazilian side) without visa if there are better action there, but want to know if it's worth the night trip in taxis to Foz. Is the Argentina side dead (as far as mongers concerned)

I read Helpmann reports below and will read again, but I wondered if anyone has any new info to add; Hotel to stay near night life (is it better to stay in Argentine side or Brazilian - considering flying from BA) any club / privados worth visiting at both sides. After all I don't want to loose 2 days and 3 nights without any chicas. (No matter how good the waterfalls are!

Cheers.Bump: any new info on mongering at Iguazu?

Gipper
03-23-10, 19:23
Hola,

I am in Iguazu on the Argentine side for one night, heading back to wonderful BA tomorrow. Have thoroughly enjoyed Gysell's apt and other places in BA but was wondering if there are any options on the ARG side of Iguazu, either in the port or calling in to my hotel. I don't particularly want to cross the border and curious if there are any options.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

The Gipper

TejanoLibre
03-23-10, 21:21
Hola,

I am in Iguazu on the Argentine side for one night, heading back to wonderful BA tomorrow. Have thoroughly enjoyed Gysell's apt and other places in BA but was wondering if there are any options on the ARG side of Iguazu, either in the port or calling in to my hotel. I don't particularly want to cross the border and curious if there are any options.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

The GipperThere may be an underground scene for the locals.

Maybe a Privado or 2?

Basically there is nothing to do near the falls at night on the Argie side!

Brazilian side should have Chicas if you are feeling lucky!

Take a big gun with you!

Just ask a few cab drivers for a Privado in town.

Don't expect much!

TL

Gipper
03-24-10, 10:05
There may be an underground scene for the locals.

Maybe a Privado or 2?

Basically there is nothing to do near the falls at night on the Argie side!

Brazilian side should have Chicas if you are feeling lucky!

Take a big gun with you!

Just ask a few cab drivers for a Privado in town.

Don't expect much!

TLThanks; I settled for a nice dinner at Aqva; will save the big gun for my return to BA today.

Rockin Bob
11-11-11, 18:07
Ex-pat mongers may have seen the report on TN today about how the Iguacu falls made it to the 7 wonders of the world, or something like that.

I am definitely an urban animal and nature is not my thing, but there are exceptions. Iguacu is one. Anybody coming down for a visit to Buenos Aires should really think about doing a side trip to the cataratas. The experience is overwhelming.

No updates on this thread lately. Just curious if anyone has been there lately.

I mention that as everybody asks about the visa situation if you want to cross to Brazil.

In the past, you could easily pass through Ciudad del este, Foz de Iguazu, and Porto Iguacu without.

Going through immigration. If anybody knows that the situation has changed, let us know!

Yes, if you have been watching the news today and seeing all that footage of the waterfalls, and thinking, maybe that would be worth a trip, I say, definitely, go for it!

Miami Bob
11-11-11, 19:13
With is hotel-which is more expensive and has differewnt rates for argentines and people from elsewhere-is actually in the park a short walk from the falls with "falls view" from some of the rooms. I would not stay anywhere else. This is from 6-8 years ago. I have no updated info

Gandolf50
11-11-11, 22:29
As of last year Brasil had a two tier entrance policy (like Mexico) you can cross the border into the "tourist areas" with out a visa but there is a second border station if you want to go farther where you will need your passport and visa.

Gonzo
03-12-13, 21:15
I jsut got back from a trip to Iguazu Falls. Having lived some years in Buffalo, close to Niagara Falls, I'm familiar with big waterfalls, but Iguazu takes it to a whole other level. The breadth of the number of falls over a 1-2 mile range in the canyon is amazing. So here are a few things I did / learned.

-If you got the bucks, stay at the Sheraton, as it is already in the park, and you can walk to the falls very easily on the argentine side, and take the little train to the Garganta del Diablo. Your butt will hurt from the price, but can't beat the convenience. Dinner buffet excellent and massive, breakfast buffet, massive also, but not as inspiring.

-There is a big hotel on the Brazilian side right near the waterfalls, may be a possibility if the real wasn't so strong.

-There is a park fee you have to pay for both the Brazilian and Argentine sides. 160 to 170 pesos approx on each side.

-Bring a poncho, since you'll be on walkways that will be spraying you heavily, but it is so warm it is actually nice. If you don't bring a poncho, bring a 2nd set of clothes to change into later.

-I took a cab right from the airport into Brazil. Look for guys in blue shirts and with I'd badges around the collar. The cabbie I hooked up with was Ramon, for 500 pesos, took me over to the Brazil side, waited for me and then took me back to my hotel. No visa.

-If you are interested in photography, go to the Brazil side, better positioning to get panoramic photos. Plus the last part of the walk takes has the best walkway IMO, in front of Salto Union falls, next to Garganta. Awesome. There is also an elevator at the end of the walk, and you actually can see behind the falls, very cool.

-Apparently now (March) is sort of the end of rainy season, or so I was told by someone, and there was a much larger volume of water than at other times.

-LAN airlines, good. Heard not so nice things about AeroArgentina.

-If you go to the Brazil side, you get to see a lot of mosquitoes. Young brazilian women. Nice! Argentinian side wasn't bad either.

-No real mosquitoes whatsoever during the day. But I heard that the can come out at night.

-Too tired to even think of mongering there. So nothing to report.

-If you're lucky you'll see some very cool animals and birds.

-If you're lucky you will also get to go on sunny day. The Sun. Came out towards the end of my Brazil walk and resulted in some beautiful photos.

-It seems you can wait until a few days before booking hotels and flights, at least in March. Check www.underground.com to see the weather reports. Good to avoid really rainy days.

-I went for about 24 hours over two days, afternoon to afternoon. Enough to see both sides, but not to do the following: the lower trail on the Arg side, boat ride, walk around San Martin island, helicopter ride. But I'm not complaining, took about 300 photos and videos.

Daddy Rulz
03-12-13, 21:37
Buy a waterproof backpack, or put a couple garbage bags in a regular one. Wear synthetic stuff shirt that drys quickly. Keep a second shirt in the bag for when you're leaving. Good shoes and socks with extra socks in plastic bag in backpack. Take a pair of tevos or cheap sandles if you're going to do the boat ride and put your shoes and socks in a plastic bag in the backpack. Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen. Fairly large capacity water bottle. If you can find a packpack that has some secure method to close use it. Those little racoon looking fuckers are better pickpockets than chabones on the trains out of Constitution. Personally I would skip the poncho and just accept that you're going to get wet. If you can buy a waterproof enclosure for your camera, do it. Extra memory cards for the camera, you're really not going to believe how many pictures you're going to take. Above all else remember to pack your sense of wonder, that place is amazing!

Thanks Gonzo.

TejanoLibre
03-12-13, 22:11
I jsut got back from a trip to Iguazu Falls. Having lived some years in Buffalo, close to Niagara Falls, I'm familiar with big waterfalls, but Iguazu takes it to a whole other level. The breadth of the number of falls over a 1-2 mile range in the canyon is amazing. So here are a few things I did / learned.

-If you got the bucks, stay at the Sheraton, as it is already in the park, and you can walk to the falls very easily on the argentine side, and take the little train to the Garganta del Diablo. Your butt will hurt from the price, but can't beat the convenience. Dinner buffet excellent and massive, breakfast buffet, massive also, but not as inspiring.

-There is a big hotel on the Brazilian side right near the waterfalls, may be a possibility if the real wasn't so strong.

-There is a park fee you have to pay for both the Brazilian and Argentine sides. 160 to 170 pesos approx on each side.

-Bring a poncho, since you'll be on walkways that will be spraying you heavily, but it is so warm it is actually nice. If you don't bring a poncho, bring a 2nd set of clothes to change into later.

-I took a cab right from the airport into Brazil. Look for guys in blue shirts and with I'd badges around the collar. The cabbie I hooked up with was Ramon, for 500 pesos, took me over to the Brazil side, waited for me and then took me back to my hotel. No visa.

-If you are interested in photography, go to the Brazil side, better positioning to get panoramic photos. Plus the last part of the walk takes has the best walkway IMO, in front of Salto Union falls, next to Garganta. Awesome. There is also an elevator at the end of the walk, and you actually can see behind the falls, very cool.

-Apparently now (March) is sort of the end of rainy season, or so I was told by someone, and there was a much larger volume of water than at other times.

-LAN airlines, good. Heard not so nice things about AeroArgentina.

-If you go to the Brazil side, you get to see a lot of mosquitoes. Young brazilian women. Nice! Argentinian side wasn't bad either.

-No real mosquitoes whatsoever during the day. But I heard that the can come out at night.

-Too tired to even think of mongering there. So nothing to report.

-If you're lucky you'll see some very cool animals and birds.

-If you're lucky you will also get to go on sunny day. The Sun. Came out towards the end of my Brazil walk and resulted in some beautiful photos.

-It seems you can wait until a few days before booking hotels and flights, at least in March. Check www.underground.com to see the weather reports. Good to avoid really rainy days.

-I went for about 24 hours over two days, afternoon to afternoon. Enough to see both sides, but not to do the following: the lower trail on the Arg side, boat ride, walk around San Martin island, helicopter ride. But I'm not complaining, took about 300 photos and videos.I've been there and I only stayed on the Argie side because I was with my girlfriend but everyone always says that the Argentines have the VIEW and the Brazilians have the WATER, no view to speak of while Paraguay has the crime and the duty free electronics.

When Elenor Roosevelt visited Iguazu she said POOR NIAGRA!

Glad you were able to check it out!

TL.

Tres3
03-13-13, 11:10
I have been to Igauzu 3 times and will go again. Anyone who comes this far without seeing the falls is missing a true wonder of the world. The falls will almost make one forget about pussy, if that is possible.

Tres3.

Don B
03-13-13, 16:24
I have been to Igauzu 3 times and will go again. Anyone who comes this far without seeing the falls is missing a true wonder of the world. The falls will almost make one forget about pussy, if that is possible.

Tres3.Memorial day weekend 1995 Maria Elena and I flew to the Falls.

We had been dropped off by the hotel courtesy car and while walking on the path to the boat ride she led me off the path out of sight of anyone else passing by and told me she had a fantasy of making love in the jungle. A once in a lifetime.

We were involved for almost six years and lived together for about six months while I was working in Bs As.

One of the two women in my life that broke my heart.

I probably will not return to the falls.

Don.

Peter Sideburn
03-13-13, 23:30
Few quick questions:

1. What is best way to get there from BA? I have plane and train. Is there anything worth seeing on a train ride to the falls?

2. If you speak little Spanish, is it worth taking a "Argie friend for extended GFE" so you don't have to pack heat and apparently risk your life on the other side of the border? A trusted friend told me not really but then another indicated they would highly recommend it especially if going by train.

3. What is cost of the Sheraton for gringo vs. Argie as this may help offset cost of extended GFE?

Pete.

Rev BS
03-14-13, 05:10
Few quick questions:

1. What is best way to get there from BA? I have plane and train. Is there anything worth seeing on a train ride to the falls?

2. If you speak little Spanish, is it worth taking a "Argie friend for extended GFE" so you don't have to pack heat and apparently risk your life on the other side of the border? A trusted friend told me not really but then another indicated they would highly recommend it especially if going by train.

3. What is cost of the Sheraton for gringo vs. Argie as this may help offset cost of extended GFE?

Pete.If you have a Brazil visa, it would be helpful. Maybe you could inquire about if you take a day guided tour, that it is possible to go across without a visa.

Premium buses in Argentina are really comfortable, not as cheap as you might think. Stops are usually dismal when it comes to food. Long rides would be even nicer if bjs were available under the blanket on overnight trips.

I have been to Iguazu 3 times, always have stayed in the Brazilian side. You can have 3 nights in a moderate hotel (breakfast & pool) for what you pay for the Sheraton 1 night (no breakfast). Local buses can take you to the falls cheaply, taxis quite high. I have always wanted to stay at the Sheraton, but waiting to win the lottery first.

My only mongering was on the Brazilian side. At Scorpion, I saw a lesbian show paid by local mongers, then took 2 chicks to my hotel, $50 a piece, 1 black & 1 white. Sorry, but information is 10 years old. Last trip 2 years ago, had gf with me.

If you have a nice girl, bring her to Bariloche, beautiful and so romantic, she will fall in love with you. But then, you are in deep shit.

Never saw danger, never felt danger but always aware of enviroment. Plus, I have kung-fu looks, at least I think so.

Daddy Rulz
03-14-13, 11:26
They discontinued the day pass or whatever it was some time ago. If you want to go the Brazilian side it's a normal pain in the ass to get Brazilian visa. Bring bank statements. As Gonzo said most taxi drivers can get you across but it's a couple hundred pesos. My money says they have an arraignment with the local cops and border patrol to get it done. I know two people that have done it now and it seems like no big deal.

I wonder what would happen though if you did something to come to the attention of the authorities while over there. Would they send you back to Argentina or full on deport you to the States? More a thought exercise than a fear of something happening, but I wonder which would happen.

Tres3
03-15-13, 01:36
They discontinued the day pass or whatever it was some time ago. If you want to go the Brazilian side it's a normal pain in the ass to get Brazilian visa. Bring bank statements. As Gonzo said most taxi drivers can get you across but it's a couple hundred pesos. My money says they have an arraignment with the local cops and border patrol to get it done. I know two people that have done it now and it seems like no big deal.

I wonder what would happen though if you did something to come to the attention of the authorities while over there. Would they send you back to Argentina or full on deport you to the States? More a thought exercise than a fear of something happening, but I wonder which would happen.They do not deport you right away, but eventually deport you to Argentina, after paying a fine that is more than the visa. Unfortunately, they put you in jail first. At least this was what happened to a friend of mine who came to the attention of Brazilian police when he decided to do more than see the falls. I never did get the "rest of the story", so I do not know what else he did. If you have a trusted taxi driver take you direct to the Brazilian falls from Argentina, wait for you at the gate to the park, and then bring you directly back to Argentina, you are probably safe. If you want to do, or see more (the high dam comes to mind), I recommend biting the bullet and getting a visa. Better safe than sorry.

I saved the visa money (I was married and in sex prison at that time, and would have had to pay for two visas) on my first visit, and regretted it. On the other visits I spent the money and saw both sides. I also saw the Itaipu Dam between Brazil and Paraguay. This is an engineering marvel, that before the Three Gorges Dam in China, was the largest in the world, and still has the largest electricity generating capacity in the world. Paraguay uses far less than their share, and Itaipu still provides over 80% of their national total. I never felt endangered in Brazil, and went to dinner both times.

Tres3.

DavieW
03-15-13, 14:56
1. What is best way to get there from BA? I have plane and train.Train? There ain't no train to Iguazú!

In fact, there are very few long-distance trains in Argentina that you'd want to risk taking. There definitely used to be one from BsAs to Posadas that went once or twice per week and was scheduled to take something like 20 hours but would often take a couple of days, with various sectors replaced by a bus service. And if you took that one you'd still have to take a bus from Posadas to Iguazú, which is another 6 hours.

The buses are fine, but make sure you get an executive service with a lay-flat seat. Not 'semi-cama' or anything else that says 'cama', which is a device to convince tourists that they're getting a bed (cama). Ask specifically for a lay-flat seat. Draw it or make hand signals if your Spanish isn't up to it. Or better still, fly. With bus prices like they are it's only a little bit more expensive. For those of us that live here it's actually cheaper to fly!

Wild Walleye
03-20-13, 13:33
Interesting calculation, the relative value of the savings achieved by not buying a Brazilian visa to the probability-adjusted cost of a stay (however brief) in a Brazilian jail and some sort of black-ball on your passport to slow you down at every immigration counter you try to pass for the rest of your traveling life.

Me? I'd either buy the visa or spend the Iguazu-trip money on chicas in Bs As.