PDA

View Full Version : General Hotel Reports

Jackson
01-01-05, 01:00
Thread Starter.

HappyGoLucky
01-01-05, 16:28
I unpacked, and tried to hide my large suitcase somewhere in the closet to no avail. Although the room was very nice, it was so tiny that it appeared I had to hide the room in the suitcase, not the other way around! FYI,
I had a similar experience in the Hotel Prince (http://www.princehotel.com.ar) in Barrio Norte (just a few blocks from the Recoleta). However, the rates at the Prince, 80 pesos per day, are much less than the Art Hotel and the Prince staff were chica friendly. It's a very nice area and convenient for short stays, IMHO. Mayra booked it for me on a relatively short notice, and got an even lower rate: Mayra Brill (mayra@argentinatravelservices.com)

Hope this helps.
-Happygotlucky :)

Stowe
01-04-05, 00:49
Stayed at the Howard Johnson Plaza on Florida between Xmas and New Years and was greatly disappointed and will probably not stay again. Would not recommend. While the rooms are pretty good, based on my experience it is nothing but a 2 star hotel due to the poor service.

In order of disappointments:

One elevator did not work at all and the only other one broke down more than a dozen times while there. Staying on the 11th floor and having no other rooms available, this made the elevator thing a problem. Had to use the stairwells numerous times and they are NOT air-conditioned.

Reception desk staff never smiled, never appeared friendly (unlike another hotel I stayed at before). When I mentioned my issues, they failed to respond with even the slightest (even if insincere) hint of sympathy.

The last 3 days hundreds gnat-like insects decided to share my room with me. Since I did not invite them and they refused to pay something, I decided to complain to the Director of the hotel. While they died quickly for some reason, I have never had insects in any hotel I have anywhere stayed at so I expect none in any hotel, especially a 4 star. While the Director was sympathetic, he did little but send a bottle of wine to my room. He promised to clean them off the ceiling and walls within 20 minutes. 2 days later their dead remains were still in place.

Per the Director, their internet access is 'high-speed'. First, it was unavailable more than 70% of the time. Second, I guess a 14.4 modem is high speed to them because that is how it was responding when available.

If I stay there next time, I'm bringing my own can of Raid along with a parachute, rope ladder and PC. What I won't bring so as to match the reception people, is my sunny, positive attitude.

Stowe

AllIWantIsLove
01-09-05, 14:58
I can't remember what I am paying for my room here. I got the reservation through Mayra and prepaid her. I think around $87US per night, breakfast included. The ROOM, IMO, is a decent value for the price. Maybe even a good value. My room faces Florida, so there is no traffic noise at all. I don't know about the other rooms of course. Remember that since Florida is a mall cabs cannot drive right up to the front door. But it's very close to the Plaza Liberador General San Martin end of Florida, so the cabs can get very close. Also, if you are concerned about luggage, the bell hops are willing to take their carts down to the point where cabs drop you off.

Other observations, in no particular order ...

There was a problem with the lock on my door so that I couldn't use the deadbolt. That as fixed within about 6 hours after I reported it.

There was no price list for the mini-bar left in the room. Likewise, there was no info in the room re the cost of phone calls. Local land-line calls are free. But local cell phone calls are a little over a peso per minute.

Eggs are included in the breakfast buffet but you have to ask.

The elevators are terrible.

Speaking of the elevators, to get above the first floor you have to use your room key. So you have to meet chicas on the 1st floor or at street level.

The two Internet computers are heavily used. Often by kids playing games or IMing. Also, there is 0 privacy. Anyone walking through the lobby is able to see what is on your screen.

There are all kinds of customers here. Elderly couples, young families (one came in with 6 children this morning), middle age and older single women. I'm not sure if I've seen any other mongers.

Bob

Young & Restless
01-18-05, 13:18
Hi to all,

I'm not far from pushing the button and finalizing my first trip to Bs As. I've been looking at a few package deals and I came across one that includes airfaire and a seven night stay at the Claridge Hotel for a very good price.

I'm used to how the hotels operate in Rio where the majority of them are not chica friendly. I called the Claridge Hotel yesterday and asked a guy if bringing girls back was a problem and he assured me that it was not. I had to pinch myself to see if I was dreaming, because the seems like a really nice hotel to still be chica friendly.

Has anyone else stayed at the Claridge Hotel? If so, was it easy bringing girls back to your room and is there anything else that I should be aware of before I make the move?

Thanks in advance!!

Y & R

JustGotBack
02-07-05, 01:10
Is this hotel guest friendly? I remember that someone posted about it last year, but I can't get the search to find it. I try scrolling through all the old messages, but the site gives me the too busy message before too long.

Beleriand
02-09-05, 04:02
Just my .02

Cheers!

B.

Hello all,

Happy holidays!

Would anyone be able to tell me if the Hilton @ Macacha Guemes is chica friendly? If she shows up around midnight? or with me around the same time?

Thanks!

B.

Maloso1
02-09-05, 23:13
Gents,

Anyone with a list of chica freindly hotels would greatly be appreciated...looking into the possibility of going down for some mongering this Feb/Mar.

If you have prices in U.S. dollars it would help out as well.

Thanks,

Malosos

Macgoo
02-10-05, 22:09
Maloso1,

Also planning on being in town during that time-frame. Pehaps we can compare notes.

Jackson,

This great resource is certain to loose its base. Maybe you can provide some commentary on the problems "we" experience getting logged in. It's like setting around the death bed of a beloved parent!!!!

Barney Lobo
02-13-05, 04:53
Anyone have any experience with the Kempinski's. I'm considering not using Mayra as a hotel agent.

Dick for Brains
02-18-05, 17:08
Is this hotel guest friendly? I remember that someone posted about it last year, but I can't get the search to find it. I try scrolling through all the old messages, but the site gives me the too busy message before too long.

I posted on this hotel in November/December of 2003. It was chica friendly and all in all a good buy with a decent outdoor pool, near Palermo SoHo. Highly recommended!

Roxanne
02-28-05, 10:19
Hi, Gentlemongers:

I want to remind you that BISONTE PALACE HOTEL is not chicas' friendly anymore!!!!! ;)

Kisses, Roxanne.

JustGotBack
03-01-05, 20:14
I´ll give it a thumbs up. Great value, $34 a day before taxes. Good hotel. Probably the nicest I've stayed in BA. Damn good queen size beds. As the name implies, they are suites with full kitchens. Living room with separate bedrooms. They are bigger than some apartments I've rented in BA or Rio. Stay away from the rooms that end in 15 though. Those are right next to the service elevator and that thing makes the floor shake 24/7. I moved after my first day. It's a shame though since those rooms are huge. They have another dressing room that I wouldn't even know what to do with as well as a separate room for the kitchen instead of being a little room/alcove off of the living room.

Most importantly they are guest friendly. I asked the front desk and they said no problem. I tested it last night and my lady guest was welcomed with a smile. No registration at the front desk required. It might be a bit strange during the day. A lot of families stay here and they are about in the lobby with their dogs et al. Also, yesterday a school group with about 100 high school kids checked in. A sign that they are chica friendly is they have pamphlets for Solid Gold in the tourist information handout stand.

The downside is that it's in Palermo. About a 6 pesos ride from Recoleta. The subway closes at around 10 so it's useless for clubbing.

You'll also find a lot of street walkers in the neighborhood. Unless you are into transvestites I'd take a pass. But if you are into that, you can find them here.

Water Rat
03-02-05, 16:56
I am going to try this Hotel based upon a recommendation by Mayra. Will let you all know how it is. Location is great - just a block from Madaho's (too bad that place seems to be going downhill).

MiddleAgeGuy
03-03-05, 12:41
As per the restaurant section, you will see Rio Alba acolades which is only 1 block down from this Palermo hotel.

As for the TVestites in the area, I spend a lot of time in this area over the last 3 years and have not seen any until you cross over Sante Fe. There are some extremely expensive apt's right in this neighborhood and other very fine restarauntes.
Personally, I was not too fond of the rooms here as the ceilings seemed clastorphobically low when I looked at their exec suites. Price and neighborhood are nice and if it is nice out, and you and your chica want to get out into the daylight, this area has the most parks in the city.
MAG

Dbros9
03-09-05, 12:37
1St time in BA coming up in April. Does anyone have an info on these hotels.
Sherton at the convention center and the CROWNE PLAZA PANAMERICANO.
Are they near each other? Are they in the party sections of the city? and finally are they Chica friendly.
any help would be appeciated...
Thanks

El Aleman
03-09-05, 12:59
The Sheraton is near Plaza San Martín, very close to the microcentro (downtown), walking distance to the triangle (Quadrangle, sorry, Member #3313) - maybe 5 blocks - and A$R 5,- taxi to the Recoleta clubs and Restaurants. Also, 5 peso taxi to Puerto Madero.

If this is your first time, I highly recommend to read Moondogs EXCELLENT Bs.As. primer, and print it out.

The Sheraton is chica friendly (at least, used to be in May 2003, since then I stayed in apartments). The chica has to register at the front desk (which is for your security) and show an ID. No surcharge. And, as they rent probably 100 rooms every night to gentlemen travelling alone, they see it maybe 33 times per night... Will say, no hassle at all.

Also, try to hook up with other guys, including the (expat) locals, and have them show you around. And don't miss a weekend Mansion party.

Have fun in my favourate city,

El Alemán

Dbros9
03-09-05, 14:44
Can you send me the link?

Thanks.

Hi,

Moondog's Buenos Aires Guide is right on the Forum's Table of Contents, under the cryptic title "Moondog's Buenos Aires Guide".

Thanks,

Jackson

Unagi
03-12-05, 05:29
The Sheraton is near Plaza San Martín, very close to the microcentro (downtown), walking distance to the triangle (Quadrangle, sorry, Member #3313) - maybe 5 blocks - and A$R 5,- taxi to the Recoleta clubs and Restaurants. Also, 5 peso taxi to Puerto Madero.
El AlemánI am reseraching into using my Starwood point in BsA. So far, I had ruled out Park Tower.

I understand Sheraton Libertador is even closer to Triangle/Qadrangle than San Martin Sheraton. It's also an older property. But I am wondering if its also Chica friendly? Any experience on room, facilities, service, etc.?

Is the San Martin location and newer building worth 33% premium over Libertador? Especially for mongers?

I also just realized that Hyatt is suppose to open a new Park Hyatt to replace the one that reflaged to Four Season. Supposely to be open around this July. Does anybody know where the location will be?

Thanks in advance.

Dreamliner
03-19-05, 01:27
I am reseraching into using my Starwood point in BsA. So far, I had ruled out Park Tower.

I understand Sheraton Libertador is even closer to Triangle/Qadrangle than San Martin Sheraton. It's also an older property. But I am wondering if its also Chica friendly? Any experience on room, facilities, service, etc.?

Is the San Martin location and newer building worth 33% premium over Libertador? Especially for mongers?

I also just realized that Hyatt is suppose to open a new Park Hyatt to replace the one that reflaged to Four Season. Supposely to be open around this July. Does anybody know where the location will be?

Thanks in advance.I have been there twice before and was overall pleased. No issues what so ever with chicas. A few times I even brought my mid-afternoon 'snack' back to my room from Orleans, which coincidently is only about 100 yds away.

The staff only checked the chicas' ID and off we went. Rooms are very standard Sheraton cookie cutter, but good nonetheless.

Not familiar with San Martin hotel, but can say Lib does not have outdoor pool. Wouldn't recommend 33% premium is worth it. Also, Lib is stone throw from Florida Ave and Galleries Mall.

CityDude
03-21-05, 01:59
Last time I stayed at Sheraton was when a few of my friends were working at the IBM bldg nearby - Walking back late from either work or the Kilnkenney's was easy :) I did not see any problem with guests as long as your lass was decently dressed and not overtly drunk.

Glicemia
03-22-05, 09:34
I'm searching for an hotel in Recoleta area with internet hi speed connection in room and gym.

Is it possible and what would be the price ?

Easy Go
03-23-05, 02:10
LoiSuites in Recoleta has high speed Internet and a gym. Some of the rooms didn't have high speed Internet when I stayed in January but they are all supposed to have it now. The gym is OK except that it's in the basement with a low ceiling.

Simmer
03-29-05, 14:52
Aspen Towers hotel on Paraguay, near Florida St and right around the corner from Hook and Cattos. All rooms have a good jacuzzi bath (which went down well with the company I had!), a proper queen size bed (rather than two singles pushed together), air con, and a reasonably priced minibar. Hotel had buffet breakfast, swimming pool, sauna, exercise equipment, restaraunt, and bar. Girl friendly, no extra charge. Friendly staff.

Lexton
04-02-05, 18:09
I went down to BA on short notice to get some extension pages in my passport. I was leaving Clorinda and the opportunity was there, except it was Easter week. About the only pleasant surprise was the:

Hotel Irun, 1671 Santiago del Estero in Constitucion
www.hotelirun.com.ar tel:4306-0018

I could only get a reservation for 4 days at the Constituciòn Palace, so had to look for a room for Easter weekend. I stumbled on this hotel walking around looking. It is 2 blocks directly behind the Constituciòn Palace(which is in Plaza Constitución). It has very inobtrusive signs and is right next to 2 cheaper but decent looking hotels(one of which is the Casa Blanca).

It is a 3 star hotel. The street and area aren't too bad, actually. I had no problems walking in the area over the course of a week.

It isn't that far away from El Centro. Taxi fare to Cafe Excedra is 6 pesos.

The hotel is actually newer and has nice rooms. Room with large dbl bed and good mattress is $ar105 dbl, $ar88 sgl. They have 2 room suites with jacuzzi for $ar150 and $ar200. Taxes included. The rooms tend to have large, very expensive bathrooms. Unfortunately, there is no frigibar. I told the manager that a frigibar is the thing that would raise the value the most. It does have an in hotel bar. Breakfast(coffee and media lunas) is included.

The hotel is very chica friendly. The nite shift guy remembered me because he used to work as the cashier in Cristobal Colon(aka SNOB) where I used to have a regular.

The people were very nice and very helpful. This hotel is still cheap because of the location. If you are venturesome, it is worth consideration.

Daddy Rulz
04-03-05, 03:58
Hotel I Run that is in a not so good part of town. Almost as good as Mr. Chirts in Once.

BayBoy
04-03-05, 12:19
Im currently staying at the Gran Hotel Orly, Paraguay near San Martin. Its a 3 star hotel, nothing great, but a good budget deal if thats what youre looking for. They quote a price of $34 per night, but when it came time to pay they only charged me $30US.

Chica friendly, but the girl has to register at the desk, plus its 20 pesos to bring her in.

Decent continental breakfast. -- bayboy

Bunboy
04-08-05, 23:44
I'm a newbie that will be making my first trip to Buenos Aires soon, arriving on April 22. From April 24-April 30, I will be staying at the Loi Suites near San Martin. I have two questions:

1. Anyone familiar with LOI Suites in the San Martin area? What's nearby where I can scoop something up? :)

2) I need a place to stay on April 22 and 23rd. Anyone familiar with the Ayres in Recoleta? How is it? Any other recommendations?

Hot To Cool
04-09-05, 05:47
Hotel I Run that is in a not so good part of town. Almost as good as Mr. Chirts in Once.

Daddy Rulz,

Yes, I see the joke, but at least staying in Hotel Irun(or I Run) beats staying in
Hotel Callejero or Hotel Parados.

Hot To Cool

Romine
04-12-05, 14:59
Where do you guys go for private internet use (when you want to view photos of prospects etc.)? I mean, there are the public internet cafes, which aren't very private. And there are hotels with internet access in the rooms, but I don't have a computer, so that doesn't help me. Please let me know.

Thanks

Incaboy
04-15-05, 23:31
Where do you guys go for private internet use (when you want to view photos of prospects etc.)? I mean, there are the public internet cafes, which aren't very private. And there are hotels with internet access in the rooms, but I don't have a computer, so that doesn't help me. Please let me know.

Thanks

I'm renting an apartment from ByTArgentina that comes with a high-speed Internet connection. I brought my laptop. This is working great.

I didn't have an Internet connection in my apartment when I visited last year. I found an Internet place on Lavalle towards the end near 9 de Julio that had booths which were pretty private. One could see the side of the monitor from the outside but not the content. I've seen other places like that but they aren't common in my experience.

I visited New Zealand a few years ago and signed-up for dial-up service for the time I was there. That would be "good enough" to get the job done. I wonder if one could do the same thing here.

Incaboy
04-15-05, 23:41
Im currently staying at the Gran Hotel Orly, Paraguay near San Martin. Its a 3 star hotel, nothing great, but a good budget deal if thats what youre looking for. They quote a price of $34 per night, but when it came time to pay they only charged me $30US.

Chica friendly, but the girl has to register at the desk, plus its 20 pesos to bring her in.

Decent continental breakfast. -- bayboy

I can second Gran Hotel Orly as a decent option. I stayed there right before the devaluation. In those days it was about $50/night. Good clean hotel with no b.s. I never tried bringing a girl back. Cutty Sark and Jaz are right around the corner and the Suipacha places are just down the street the other way. I picked the place for its location and it worked well.

On my first visit I stayed at Gran Hotel Argentino on Carlos Pelligrini. AWFUL! Dirty, old room and poor service. Of course, recommended in Lonely Planet! :)

If you're staying longer, a nice apartment is only half that. I have a two-bedroom apartment in Palermo Viejo (my favorite area) with a good kitchen and high-speed Internet for about $17 (monthly rate).

Roger
04-20-05, 18:27
I will be coming to Buenos Aires in July, and your recommendation of the Gran Hotel Orly looks good to me. I found booking on the internet at $33 US per night including breakfast. I assume this is the deal to which you refer. Otherwise, if there is a better deal, please let me know.

Also found on the internet that some bathrooms are refurbished, others not. Any way to request one with a refurbished bathroom?

Finally question: booking a room for one with a single bed is cited at $29, a double for two at $33. Since I want a double bed, this is what I will book. Will I still be charged 20 pesos if I have an overnight guest?

Swarm
04-20-05, 23:10
Anyone know if this place is nice? Chica friendly?

Thanks!

ToledoGuy
05-04-05, 17:38
Hi Roger (and anyone else with advice),

In answer to your question, you can contact the Hotel Gran Orly by going to their website and selecting Reservaciones, which allows you email access.

But you found rates that are lower than what is posted on their own site, where a single is $34 and a double is $39. Could you tell me the site where you found the lower rate you quote in your post?

If anyone else has suggestions on hotels, please contact me. I am making my first trip to BA in June (to celebrate a divorce). I promise to make a newbie report.

http://www.orly.com.ar

Hans25
05-18-05, 17:58
Warning: Don't stay at this hotel. Its a dump, and you will get robbed as I did. They stole my laptop, cell phone, and my walkman. Besides, the rooms are dirty and there's too much noise coming in from the outside.

Sportsman
05-19-05, 23:28
Just booked my flight to BsAs for July. I have narrowed my hotel choice to either Howard Johnson on 2241 Bartolome Mitre for about 42 USD/night or use my STARWOOD points for free nights at Sheraton Libertador Hotel on Avenida Cordoba 690.
I know this is not the best Howard Johnson in town. Pictures from Howard Johnson's web site look ok. Breakfast is included and looks like it offers free internet access. But the location is about 15 blocks from where I really want to be and Expedia only rate it as a 2 star hotel. I am not really picky but I don't want to stay at a hole in the ground in a bad neigborhood neither.
Shearton Libertador would cost me 2500 points/night which is about their lowest free room redemption rate. But looks like it does not to have free internet access and breakfast.
If Howard Johnson is a decent hotel then I might save my STARWOOD points for a later time.
Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Charly Parker
05-27-05, 19:07
Hi Folks,

Just to inform you that NH City is a very nice Hotel, is located in Bolivar 160 near Plaza de Mayo. The hotel is Chica friendly, rooms are clean and staff is very nice.

Young & Restless
05-28-05, 13:57
Just booked my flight to BsAs for July. I have narrowed my hotel choice to either Howard Johnson on 2241 Bartolome Mitre for about 42 USD/night or use my STARWOOD points for free nights at Sheraton Libertador Hotel on Avenida Cordoba 690.
I know this is not the best Howard Johnson in town. Pictures from Howard Johnson's web site look ok. Breakfast is included and looks like it offers free internet access. But the location is about 15 blocks from where I really want to be and Expedia only rate it as a 2 star hotel. I am not really picky but I don't want to stay at a hole in the ground in a bad neigborhood neither.
Shearton Libertador would cost me 2500 points/night which is about their lowest free room redemption rate. But looks like it does not to have free internet access and breakfast.
If Howard Johnson is a decent hotel then I might save my STARWOOD points for a later time.
Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Hi Sportsman,

I stayed at the Sheraton Libertador in March. Breakfast is included, although free internet access is not. Also, they had a very friendly chica policy. I mentioned a few other things about my stay there in my BsAs report (http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2116).

Hope this helps,

Y & R

Sportsman
05-29-05, 21:39
Hi Sportsman,

I stayed at the Sheraton Libertador in March. Breakfast is included, although free internet access is not. Also, they had a very friendly chica policy. I mentioned a few other things about my stay there in my BsAs report (http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2116).

Hope this helps,

Y & R

Y & R,
Thanks for the help. I just booked the Shearton Libertador using my Starwood points. 7000 points for 3 nights, which is equivalent to about 10,000 airline miles. No a bad deal I think since the normal cost is over 100 USD per night. It would be nice if I get free breakfast and room upgrade since I am a platinum SPG member but I am not counting on it. Of course I'll post my experience.
Sportsman

Young & Restless
05-30-05, 02:16
Y & R,
Thanks for the help. I just booked the Shearton Libertador using my Starwood points. 7000 points for 3 nights, which is equivalent to about 10,000 airline miles. No a bad deal I think since the normal cost is over 100 USD per night. It will be nice if I get free breakfast and room upgrade since I am a platinum SPG member but I am not counting on it. Of course I'll post my experience.
Sportsman

No hay problema, amigo. You're getting a sweet deal by cashing in your SPG points. Enjoy your stay and misbehave as much as possible...

Spassmusssein
06-03-05, 01:43
Cordoba y Reconquista

Has been my first place before buying roperty to live here. Best relation in price/quality...46m aside of "la eclesia" = "the church" = Cafe Orleans ;)

Spassmusssein
06-07-05, 23:41
...sorrybut calling them today, they asked for a "reduced" fee of 184 Pesos...for "friends". I think it is too high. Will checkout tomorrow good alternatives and post them.

Spassmusssein
06-16-05, 01:00
...Hotel Tres Sargentos (Tres Sargentos 345) offering Single for 60, Double for 70, Triple for 90, Quadruple for 105. Breakfast 4.
Prices in Pesos
tresargentos@hotmail.com
4312-6081

Jonas Fun
06-21-05, 07:46
I was in BA 9 months ago, and stayed in the Etoille Hotel. At that time it was quite hot for mongers, who meet in the bar. The Hotel was Chicka friendly, the rooms where clean and large, All in all I was quite happy to stay there.

Now I am heading back to BA next week, and am planning to stay in the same hotel. But It is not mentioned on this site anymore - is it not a preferrable hotel anymore? - Has there been problems?

Hope to meet some of you next week.

Jonas Fun

Bandy
06-21-05, 11:56
Jonas Fun,

Etoile is an excellent hotel, especially their location. Many members do not like their beds, but I had no problem with it. However, recently they have increased their prices significantly. In this price range, there are much better alternatives, i.e. Loi Suites at Recoleta.

Bandy

Barney Lobo
06-22-05, 03:53
Perhaps the Etoile has served its purpose in its time. Howver, let me emphasize, there are better hotels for the money. Just check or read the boards. I used to be content with the Etoile because I only stayed 4 nights for maybe 10 times. Again, shop, you might find, no you will find better values, get out of (Dickhead is a flannel-mouth, nevertheless usually relatively accurate) but get the hell out of the gulch or the touristed areas. It is not that bad and refreshing if you acclimatize as our resident reporter does to a few blocks afar. No big deal the streets are relatively safe. Just don't make constant fun of the acent.

Jonas Fun
06-23-05, 07:19
Thank you guys for the replies, and the PM's that I received, I do like the area though, and had Mayra book me into Ayres de Recoleta. 75 USD as other members quoted under that thread.

I will miss the big jacuzzi's in Etoile though.

JF

Macgoo
07-20-05, 15:36
Anyone here familiar with the hotel Regente Palace, on Calle Suipacha? A business associate has reservation, and wants to do some mongering while there for two days. Needs to know if this hotel is girl-friendly, or not!

Trinpaul
08-13-05, 23:06
Anyone know of any hotels in BA that have bathrooms equipped with handicapped facilities? I know the Hyde Park, Wilton and Rochester do not.

Daddy Rulz
08-13-05, 23:29
The Hotel on Carlos Pelegrini between Marcelo T and Paraguay has two handicap rooms. I'm not sure of the name but it's the only hotel on that side of the road on that bloxk. It has a marquee that juts out over the street, perhaps one of the resident mongers can investigate.

Crimlaw83
08-15-05, 22:35
Would like to bring my laptop. Which hotels have highspeed in the rooms? I also want to be near the action.

Vinnyt
09-03-05, 07:48
Does anyone have any information on the Melia Hotel? Is that hotel girl friendly? I hear it's pretty nice. But I don't want to stay there if they are going to give me a problem concerning the chicas.

Stormy
09-03-05, 14:23
The Hotel on Carlos Pelegrini between Marcelo T and Paraguay has two handicap rooms. I'm not sure of the name but it's the only hotel on that side of the road on that bloxk. It has a marquee that juts out over the street, perhaps one of the resident mongers can investigate.The name of that hotel is the Pestana. It is a big tourist hotel with an unfortunate name for marketing purposes in English.

I don't know anything about the hotel itself.

Web site: http://www.pestana.com/EN/Hoteis/AmericaSul/Argentina/BuenosAires/

Daddy Rulz
09-05-05, 13:57
The name of that hotel is the Pestana. It is a big tourist hotel with an unfortunate name for marketing purposes in English.

I don't know anything about the hotel itself.

Web site: http://www.pestana.com/EN/Hoteis/AmericaSul/Argentina/BuenosAires/A few years ago during the crisis I got the wild hair that I could find investors and buy that place. It was 95% compleated and the asking price was 8 million. I continue to think it was a GREAT price. I was taken on a tour of the place and it is very nice. Big rooms, the pool is huge, if their service is good it would be worth the premium prices I'm sure they are charging for the higher end monger. The suites with the balcons have an excelent view of 9 July. I'm sure the better rooms would be in the you$S200 range. I do know that they have, or had unless they redid them, two handicap rooms.

Daddy Rulz
09-14-05, 14:51
Need a place where I don't leave a paper trail. Anyone know of a reasonable hotel that takes cash?The Victory hotel on Maipu between Paraguay and Cordoba is a 2 star hotel with a decent bed and a private bath. It's nothing special and VERY much in need of new carpets etc. However it's downtown, cheap (20 bucks us last time I was there) clean and conveniant to the triangle.

It also has a pretty cool old guy on the desk at night that speaks very good english. His name is Peter and for 5 or 10 pesos will arrainge anything you may need.

Not a place I would stay for a long time anymore but if you think your going to drop some viagra and fuck a bunch of chicas in one day or your staying out at the mansion and are spending the night in town it's good.

They prefer cash, but pay in pesos as they will seriously fucking rob you with exchange.

Syrinx35
09-14-05, 16:43
These two hotels are mentioned in my guide book and they're inexpensive and seem to be in a good location. Does anyone know if they are chica-friendly?

The Mongrin
09-15-05, 10:04
Help! I fly into BA on September 24. Staying for a few days. I'm being put up at Alvear Palace and would like to know if it's chica friendly. If not, do any of you mongers know of any higher end chica friendly accomodations. Please respond ASAP - Thanks!-greatly appreciated.

Daddy Rulz
09-15-05, 12:47
Help! I fly into BA on September 24. Staying for a few days. I'm being put up at Alvear Palace and would like to know if it's chica friendly. If not, do any of you mongers know of any higher end chica friendly accomodations. Please respond ASAP - Thanks!-greatly appreciated.The Alvear is the only true 5 star hotel on the S American Continant. As with most hotels with this level of service not only are they chica friendly but if you asked the desk they would probably find you a circus full of animals to fuck. Discretion is probably called for in the lobby though I would assume.

OslersVoice
09-15-05, 12:59
Discretion is probably called for in the lobby though I would assume.So BBBJ in the lobby are out, does that mean that CBJ are okay?

Daddy Rulz
09-15-05, 13:12
Seriously it's a beautiful hotel. (sounds kinda faggy I know but I like grand hotels) Never having the pocket to afford it I haven't stayed there. After I win the 250 million mega million tonight I will probably move in there while my mansion is being renavated though. It's just the kind of place I don't think fingering Romina in the lobby would be appropriate. In the elevator would be fine though I reckon. The table clothes in the restraunt reach to the floor though so you could play "drop the fork" and get away with it.

Sebascot
09-15-05, 13:39
Mongrin,

The Alvear is without a doubt one of the finest hotels not only on the continent, but the western hemisphere. It is very chica friendly, and as stated previously, the staff will answer any request you have including bring more condoms to your room if you ask. I love the location also. You are in a perfect area, right across from Black, and very close to Madahos and other fun spots. My only suggestion about the hotel, is if possible, try to upgrade your room if you requested just a standard room. Some can be quite small. Spend a few extra bucks and request at least a junior suite. Just my opinion. Enjoy the great hotel, and look forward to your reports. PM if you have any other questions.

Stormy
09-15-05, 14:04
My favorita's first client out of Madahos took her to the Alvear and paid her well over 1000 pesos, which impressed her more than the Hotel and insured that he would catch no social diseases.

Drinks in the bar run about 30 pesos, much like Madahos, but have 3 or 4 shots of liquor in them, unlike Madahos.

The restaurant La Bourgogne is truly outstanding (and pricey) Menus given to women have no prices on them, something patently objectionable to my dining companions who were taking me out after I had taken them to Don Galindez and Los Chilenos the previous evenings. Proper menus were quickly produced and the meal was great. Cost about 150 pesos per person with wine and tip.

The Mongrin
09-15-05, 20:20
Thanks for the prompt response guys. That's great information - I've heard that in some other countries chicas aren't allowed at the finer hotels (Rio, etc? That true? I love these boards - like I said, I arrive on Saturday the 24th - maybe I could hook up with one of you fellow mongers and buy you a beer or 3 in exchange for "knowledge" on BA. By the way, what's "the mansion"?

Sportsman
09-15-05, 21:28
By the way, what's "the mansion"?You can find the Mansion FAQ, direction, and map in these threads:

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2017

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2033

Follow the advice about printing out the map and show it to the driver if you plan to use a taxi.

Hunt99
09-16-05, 11:28
Drinks in the bar run about 30 pesos, much like Madahos, but have 3 or 4 shots of liquor in them, unlike Madahos.For 30 pesos they pour some foul, foul booze down at Madaho's. The gin I had the last time I was in there was undrinkable. And if you know me, it's unimaginable that I would not drink a glass of gin.

30 pesos for 3 or 4 shots of good gin at the Alvear palace doesn't sound like such a bad price, honestly. No discreet "talent" hanging around the bar, was there?

Hunt99
09-16-05, 11:30
The restaurant La Bourgogne is truly outstanding (and pricey) Menus given to women have no prices on them, something patently objectionable to my dining companions who were taking me out after I had taken them to Don Galindez and Los Chilenos the previous evenings. Proper menus were quickly produced and the meal was great. Cost about 150 pesos per person with wine and tip.Hey Stormy,

In my book 50 dollars a head for dinner with wine and tip isn't really pricey, not unless you're poor. For a mongering tourist coming down for some fun, it's less than what he'd end up paying at some horrible TGI Fridays back home.

I thought, honestly, that the restaurant at the Alvear was more expensive. Thanks for the report, I'm definitely going to dine there on my next visit.

Stormy
09-16-05, 13:29
We didn't have any dessert and only one bottle of wine which was about 50 pesos, about as cheap as you could find on the wine list. I would agree that that price for that quality of meal is a real bargain for gringos or Europeans. That dinner was several months ago and I suspect those prices, like everything else in BA has gone up. There is a dress code and most of the men were wearing jackets, but not all.

As an jubilado, I am forced to watch my spending a bit, so this type of thing is exceptional for me. That it was free made it an even more exceptional value.

As far as "action" in the bar, there was none save me trying to get to my feet after my vodka.

El Greco
09-19-05, 11:39
I stayed there for a week "semana santa" 2004.

No problem with chicas at all.

El Greco

HotSam
11-08-05, 18:37
Can anyone suggest me a budget hotel (30-40 usd) chica's frìendly?

Thanks

El Greco
11-08-05, 22:29
Can anyone suggest me a budget hotel (30-40 usd) chica's frìendly?

ThanksTry this one.

http://www.atlastower.com.ar/

I stayed there once three years ago and they were girl friendly then.

I do not know now.

They charge $AR 140 for single and $AR 160 for double with breakfast.

Small rooms but fully equiped.

El Greco

HotSam
11-13-05, 16:19
I tried many websites but everywhere there isn't avaibility for the date I'm interested (20 Nov.

What happens in BA in this date?

Easy Go
11-13-05, 16:28
I tried many websites but everywhere there isn't avaibility for the date I'm interested (20 Nov.

What happens in BA in this date?No idea. Try Mayra. Mayra@argentinatravelservices. Com

Doubter4444
11-18-05, 22:38
Any one heard of this Hotel? It's new and I was wondering location, price or any information would be helpful!

Also anyone heard of Caesar Park hotel.

Thanks for the help

El Greco
11-19-05, 00:42
Buenos Aires is full of tourists right now. It is still very cheap for norteamericanos and europeans.

Many of them are heading here, instead Brasil, especially after USD and Euro was devaluated by about 40% to the Brasilian real since last April.

Even too many Brasilians are coming now that their currency got stronger.

I was talking to a taxi driver the other night and he told me that thanks to tourist they are still making a living.

Tried to make a booking for Colonia last tuesday and everything was sold out for this weekend. From Tuesday!

Seems that there is a need for planing ahead.

El Greco.

What happens in BA in this date?

Maddur
11-21-05, 22:14
Anyone know if Hotel Diplomat (Paraguay and San Martin) is chica friendly?

Thanks

Hi Maddur,

Every hotel in Buenos Aires is chica frendly.

No need to ask.

Thanks,

Jackson

SobeMiami
11-22-05, 05:58
I believe the Faena Hotel is new. Does anyone have any experience?

Thank you.

Hunt99
11-22-05, 12:34

Thank you.It's supposed to be really nice. Not surprisingly, then, it is the preferred hotel of the gay set. They have such good taste, you know. Maybe they'll let a straight guy stay there; I've never been able to get a reservation.:)

Savoy
11-22-05, 17:15

Thank you.Let me put it this way, if it was in SoBe, then it would be around us$1000/ night range at least and sold out way in advance. Check all the life style magazines; all talk about this hotel and they have a turkish bath.

AllIWantIsLove
11-23-05, 02:13
Is it generally possible / practical (assuming you have high-speed internet in the room) One of my fears is that they might block it. Hotels just love ripping you off on phone calls.

Thanks, Bob

Will86
12-05-05, 18:36
Had business in BA. The company travel coordinator booked me at the very overpriced Sheraton. It seems that in addition to charging way too much for a room, they don't particularly like chicas. Or was it just me? At any rate, I checked out and moved to the Gran Hotel Dora. Price was an object. The front desk seemed chica friendly, at least they didn't complain when I brought a lady back.

Nice Argie business hotel. Highspeed internet in the room. The room was clean, the hotel was in good if not five star great shape. More later.

Easy Go
12-05-05, 19:53
Is it generally possible / practical (assuming you have high-speed internet in the room) One of my fears is that they might block it. Hotels just love ripping you off on phone calls.

Thanks, BobI doubt they would block Vonage but most hotels require some kind of browser based authentication process to use HS Internet so using a Vonage adaptor would get tricky. A softphone would be no problem although last time I looked at the Vonage offering, it was an expensive alternative. Better to get something like Skype or GizmoProject that runs on your laptop.

HotSam
12-11-05, 18:21
I'm usually travel without reservation all over the world and I never found so many problem to find a hotel as in BA in my last 3 weeks trip.

Many hotels were completly full.

I stopped in a "locutorio" and started calling many hotels and finally found a room in Sarmiento Palace - we were travelling in 3 and we found only 1 triple for 60 usd (good quality with 2 sleeping room)

Many tourist and working peolple now in BA, better to reserve before.

Skip1
12-24-05, 22:03
(Its Christmas Eve - ANYONE ELSE IN CORDOBA?

I'm at that hotel now, per the recomendation of someone else on AP. It pretty good, basic comfortable, nice people and 82 pesos w. IVA and breakfast. Not sure about chica frienly cause I havent tried. And they will gadly give you a back-facing quiet room if you ask.

In my opinion the fisrt criterion on any low or medium priced hotel in NOISE. I spent one night, my first in Argentina, in a front facing noisy room. As Goerge Patton might have said, it was heck - like sleeping under a running bus.

Chevrolet
01-06-06, 17:18
Argenta Towers is a very freindly chica welcome spot. Its located on Juncal st. And Santa Fe. Easy walking to some great eye candy for choosing.

Happy hunting!

Digits
02-03-06, 02:29
I will be staying at the Marriott for the weekend in a week. Is the hotel girl friendly? And how is the location? Close to the attractions?

Thanks in advance for any information.

ColdBeer
02-13-06, 15:37
Sorry I didn't see this sooner.

I normally stay at the Marriott. Never had a problem with girls coming up at any time of the day or night. If they are coming on a pre-arranged appointment, I usuall get a call from the front desk telling me my guests are here and I say it is OK to send her or them up. Never a problem.

Last time down, when I walked in with a girl I was never stopped for ID or anything. I usually walked "down the stairs" as though I was heading to the bar and then took the elevator up from the lower level.

Woof Woof
03-06-06, 03:38
Last time I was in BA was in March 2004 and Mayra made all the hotel arrangements for me. I haven't kept up with her and was wondering if anybody knows whether she still provides those travel services? If so, would appreciate a contact email or phone number.

Cheers,

WW

Bandy
03-06-06, 13:13
Last time I was in BA was in March 2004 and Mayra made all the hotel arrangements for me. I haven't kept up with her and was wondering if anybody knows whether she still provides those travel services? If so, would appreciate a contact email or phone number.

Cheers,

WWI think the following e-mail address is still good.

Mayra@ArgentinaTravelServices. Com

Bandy

Starfe
03-09-06, 01:23
Booked me into the Regal Pacific for a week and I loved it. $140 a night with breakfast. Wifi in the rooms. This is brand new hotel with pillow top beds. Just a block away from Cafe Orleans, not that I found anything worth taking out. 18 to 75 minute walk to Cabana las Lilas.

Starfe

Easy Go
03-09-06, 02:39
Booked me into the Regal Pacific for a week and I loved it. $140 a night with breakfast. Wifi in the rooms. This is brand new hotel with pillow top beds. Just a block away from Cafe Orleans, not that I found anything worth taking out. 18.275 minute walk to Cabana las Lilas.

Starfe$140 in Centro? Ouch. Was that a cash in advance price or a credit card price? How was the room, the breakfast, and the shower? Do they have a gym?

Starfe
03-10-06, 13:50
That's cash or credit price. The hotel is brand new. The rooms were spacious and the breakfast was much better then Lois Suites.The bathrooms were perfect, bidet which we girls just love. The bath towels were huge which you never find in the best U.S. hotels.

I had no problem with the location since its near Colmenga, where I spent every afternoon. There is a park near the hotel which I loved to roam around in the wee hours of the morning. I kept looking for a Dick Button moment.

http://www.regal-pacific.com/bs/index.htm

That should help.

Starfe

El Perro
03-10-06, 19:23
Starfe,

You sir, appear to be a very entertaining fellow, with a martini type sense of humor that I find lacking on the board. Good luck with that little button and keep 'em coming. I would like an advance copy of your memoirs.

The dog

Hunt99
03-10-06, 19:58
Starfe,

You sir, appear to be a very entertaining fellow, with a martini type sense of humor that I find lacking on the board. Good luck with that little button and keep 'em coming. I would like an advance copy of your memoirs.

The dogIf you think his writing is funny, you should see his photo. He's a riot!:

Starfe (http://www.Theclownmuseum.Org/pics/ckyM80s.jpg)

Note to Marak5: The young chicas especially appreciate Starfe.

El Perro
03-10-06, 20:19
If you think his writing is funny, you should see his photo. He's a riot!:

Starfe (http:/ www. Theclownmuseum. Org / pics / ckyM80s.jpg)

Note to Marak5: The young chicas especially appreciate Starfe.Now there, is a funny fuck!

Starfe
03-10-06, 21:40
get it right:

http://chervokas.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/crystal_ball_lg.jpg

Starfe

Kenster
03-23-06, 18:03
Has anyone stayed, or have info on the Savoy Hotel in be. A. Thanks in advance. Kenster

Hunt99
03-23-06, 19:03
Has anyone stayed, or have info on the Savoy Hotel in be. A. Thanks in advance. KensterIt yielded these threads:

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?p=292117&highlight=savoy#post292117

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2204&highlight=savoy

Rue Kraft
03-26-06, 18:23
This hotel is located on Maipu near the Marriott on 9xx.

It is great location wise. Breakfast is good. The rooms are average at best since the hotel has some age. Rates are around US$50.

Now for the mongering.

After dinner at Mirasol (which was excellent) my colleage jokes that one of his cousins is going come by my hotel room for a visit.

About an hour later, there is a knock on the door and Gimena steps in with one of the porters escorting her.

She was very busty and passionate. Not the best looker in the world but she was into having a good time.

One hour of around the world loving. All three holes and DP with a big vibrator in her puss while I filled her back door. She works out of Tucman VIP departamento.

See photos

Oz Traveler
04-03-06, 04:06
A newbie to argpvt, I contacted Mayra regarding a hotel for $40-60. As I arrive 6 April she says Easter makes everything chockers and it ain't going to be easy.

My mistake, but cannot undo. I'm a USMC Vietnam Vet on a pension and just don't have big bucks. I want to stay at least one month, and can afford 1 grand mas o manos per month, and would love an apartment, but would settle for a reasonable hotel for the short term.

Can anyone point me to a hotel or apartment, or give me some clues? Should I consider staying outside of Buenos Aires. NFG this situation.

EZE_Amante
04-03-06, 08:43
Oz,

Read through the apartment thread for more info, but I've had very good luck with ByT Argentina, and they have listings for most budgets. I stayed recently in a very nice apartment on Florida, that lists for $750 per month.

http://www.bytargentina.com

EZE:)

Chica Chaser
04-22-06, 05:42
Oz,

Read through the apartment thread for more info, but I've had very good luck with ByT Argentina, and they have listings for most budgets. I stayed recently in a very nice apartment on Florida, that lists for $750 per month.

http://www.bytargentina.com

EZE:)Hey EZE thanks for this link. It looks very useful.

Chica Chaser

Amantelondres
06-13-06, 10:18
Phoned the soon to be opened Park Hyatt on Av. Alvear and was told they are opening on 28th June. Could be made into a special night for a rich monger wanting to impress his chica!

Netsik
08-06-06, 14:01
Does any body know if APART RECOLETA HOTEL is chicha friendly?

I have read some conflicting reports.

Netsik

Webcams
12-13-06, 23:01
I am having difficulty determining in which part of Buenos Aires to stay in most of my activity's will be monger related some tourism.

Thanks So far I see Recoleta, Congresso, Avenida de Mayo, Puerto Madero,

Business District, San Telmo, and Plaza de Mayo. Any tips on which part of town is better? Closets to airport? Does it matter Which part I stay in?

Capt Dave
12-14-06, 02:30
Does it matter Which part I stay in?No, it really doesn't.

David

Paul VJK
12-22-06, 17:37
Does anyone have any recent info regarding how chica-friendly the Dazzler Tritone is? I'm staying there for a few nights next week. ($93.39 including tax from Orbitz. Com)

Thanks.

Jake 277
10-15-07, 19:45
Coming into town on Sunday. Currently sending emails to Roxanne to arrange some fun. I am assuming that they are Chica friendly? Also is ther ever any action at the bars in the hotels?

Thanks.

Jake

Geo Eye
10-15-07, 21:35
Coming into town on Sunday. Currently sending emails to Roxanne to arrange some fun. I am assuming that they are Chica friendly? Also is ther ever any action at the bars in the hotels?

Thanks.

-JakeBe careful in assuming, many times these hotela make the rules as they go along, the employess have a hell of a time seeing outsider have a good time spending money in their country while they are at work.

This is mostly jealousy and envy by employees, they sometimes will give you a hard time and try to overcharge for bring up a guest.

Try to get a solid confrimation as to what the rules are. Argentines are notorious for making up stories, such as " el jerente dice que no se puede", Meaning the boss said this and the boss said that.

Good luck

Sportsman
10-15-07, 22:53

Thanks.

-JakeCheck out this thread on this hotel:

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2518

AFAIK, BA hotels normally do not have working girls in the lobbies looking for clients.

Senb91
04-20-08, 16:57
Anybody know anything about these hotels? I will be staying at both in the coming weeks and would like to know if they are girl friendly. Thanks.

Legal Tender
01-15-09, 04:05
I'm coming to BA for 10 days in early February, and bringing my own company. Anyone want to take the time to recommend a hotel? I don't really want to spend over $100 per night, and especially appreciate a great lobby. Of course would like to be in a good and safe location - typical normal tourist stuff.

Thomaso276
01-15-09, 09:11
Recommend you get one of the apts for rent here on the forum.

Jackson, BM can help you out.

Exon123
01-15-09, 14:21
I'm coming to BA for 10 days in early February, and bringing my own company. Anyone want to take the time to recommend a hotel? I don't really want to spend over $100 per night, and especially appreciate a great lobby. Of course would like to be in a good and safe location - typical normal tourist stuff.You can't buy a decient hotel room anymore for a $100 per night.

Tomamso is right rent a furnished apartment, you'll find something nice for that price. And you can buy extra maid service if you want.

Exon

BadMan
01-15-09, 15:16
Hotels are good for short stays, maybe 1-4 days. But for longer stays, fully furnished and serviced apartments are the way to go.

For $ 100 a day, you won't be able to find a nice, large hotel room in Buenos Aires. But for the same price you can get a fully furnished apartment in a modern building in a good neighborhood. Plus, you will have the added benefit of getting twice the space.

If you are interested, check out my website.

http://www.RentingBA.com

Or send me a PM.

Regards,

BM.

Jackson
01-15-09, 18:38
Legal Tender,

I would like to suggest that you also consider renting one of my apartments:

www.apartmentsinba.com

Thanks,

Jackson

Gerente
03-12-09, 14:51
Jackson.

I like your idea of an Apartment.

Though I am staying for only 4 days it seems like a better place to hang out.

I am currently waiting for my schedule to firm up and then I can check availability. Right now it is available.

Thanks.

Gerente

Kaboom36
11-22-09, 00:11
Hi,

I am a newbie here, I did not see Sofitel hotel on Arroyo in this thread here. So I guess I would write one. I chose this hotel because my company is paying my bill to have fun in Buenos Aires for 4 days and I am all about hotel points with Mecure hotel group.

Chica from Madahos came in with me. Of course, she had changed her clothes to jeans and was wearing a jacket right before exiting Madahos. We walked right past doorman and secret service type security guy with ear phone thing.

She then walked to the hotel reception and presented her national ID to the reception. Hotel made a copy of it and gave her ID back. I had to sign the registration paper. We then proceeded up to my room afterward. You need hotel card to access the elevator going up. But no need coming down. She just left the room by herself after we finished.

In a nutshell, I had no issue at Sofitel on Thursday night. Because chica changed to street clothes rather than wearing short mini-skirt with boob hanging out, I would think it made a whole lot difference on entrance to the hotel. Sofitel is definitely overpriced. If I was here on my own dime, I would totally go with apartment like in Ukraine (anyone knows Ukraine forums? And many people's recommendation here.

Rjphp
01-02-10, 19:18
This is my first time in BA, I am arriving on Jan. 7th I will be staying at the Hotel Emperador with a group of people. Is this Hotel in a decent area? Is there some good places to go close to here to find some high quality chicas?

BA Luvr
01-03-10, 02:24
I've stayed there once and was not impressed, but you're 4-6 blocks of the privados of Retiro and Micro Centro. If you walk towards Patio Bullrich you'll pass a few very good restaurants on the road parallel to Libertador (Posadas I think) If you're on a corporate expense account, ask them to put you in the Loisuites Recoleta the next time. Enjoy.

Hendri
01-03-10, 10:41
I highly recommend Loi Suite Recoletta. Beautifully decorated, service is good and the DVD player is a nice touch for those who like to set the environment to fit one's own taste. At a steep price of about US$250 a night. Chica friendly, as long she does not look too slutty.

For a longer stay, better rent an appartment like Jackson's. More privacy and more control. Especially sound control.:)

Jackson
01-03-10, 14:28
I highly recommend Loi Suite Recoletta. Beautifully decorated, service is good and the DVD player is a nice touch for those who like to set the environment to fit one's own taste. At a steep price of about US$250 a night. Chica friendly, as long she does not look too slutty.

For a longer stay, better rent an appartment like Jackson's. More privacy and more control. Especially sound control.:)My 2 story Recoleta apartment is directly across the street from Loi Suites, and at $95 per night, it's only 38% of the cost of a ROOM at Loi Suites.

24 Hour security, hi-speed internet, cable TV, free Vonage phone to the USA.

http://www.apartmentsinba.com/junin/index.html

Thanks,

Jackson

Exon123
01-03-10, 17:28
I can also highly recommend Jackson's Callao apartment, much better than any hotel room in Buenos Aries.

http://www.apartmentsinba.com/callao2/index.html

Exon

Rjphp
01-03-10, 19:49
Thank you everyone for there suggestions. I am on a company trip and everything is paid for except the chicas. I look forward to visiting next week.

Sarsbuk
01-14-10, 20:14
Hi All,

I will be staying in BA at the end of March for maybe 3-4 nights and was wondering on a few recommendations for girl (guest) friendly hotels in maybe the Recoleta area.

I have been to BA a few times but this will be my 1st time staying onland overnight (always been on ships before docked in the port.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wild Walleye
01-15-10, 00:48
1. Check out the availability of Jackson's apartment.

2. Urban Suites Recoleta.

3. LOI Suites Recoleta.

4. Etoile Hotel.

All are perfectly situated for enjoying the natural (and enhanced) beauty of the region.

Hi All.

I will be staying in BA at the end of March for maybe 3-4 nights and was wondering on a few recommendations for girl (guest) friendly hotels in maybe the Recoleta area.

I have been to BA a few times but this will be my 1st time staying onland overnight (always been on ships before docked in the port.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sarsbuk
01-19-10, 10:17

3. LOI Suites Recoleta.

4. Etoile Hotel.

All are perfectly situated for enjoying the natural (and enhanced) beauty of the region.Thanks for the reply. Those hotels are nice but a little steep for me. Thanks for the info though.

Water Rat
10-12-10, 13:51

3. LOI Suites Recoleta.

4. Etoile Hotel.

All are perfectly situated for enjoying the natural (and enhanced) beauty of the region. I had to make a last minute trip down to BA, just one night in the city and then off to the interior. My usual choices Urban Suites and Ayres were full. I stayed at Etoile. Excellent location. I would not bring a chica back there. It was very run down. I guess the name Star vs Stars (in French) says it all. A one star in my books.

Jaimito Cartero
10-14-10, 04:46
I've heard that it's pretty nice there. I've got some free stays there later this month, and will let you know how GF it is.

WorldTravel69
10-31-10, 03:59
I have been visiting Buenos Aires for the Last 10 Years. The first year me and buddy stayed at the Phoenix Hotel in the Galerias Pacifico. We paid around US$35 a night Now they remodeled the hotel and call it Hotel Boutique. Now it is around $150. a night

Overlooking the Cafe Orleans.

It was US1 to 1 peso. Chicas wanted 300 pesos then.

Ever since then the price has been. 3-4 to 1.

Jaimito Cartero
11-02-10, 04:49
The Park Hyatt was extremely nice. I spent a week there, spread out between the Palace side and Posadas side.

I used points for all my stays. As a Hyatt Diamond member, I got an excellent suite upgrade on both stays. Also received free full breakfast, and Internet. Normal welcome gift of fruit and wine too. I can't imagine that I'd ever pay the $1k a night these rooms cost, but they are superb.

The Palace side is much fancier and intimate. The breakfast was the best in recent memory.

I stayed at the Hilton and Intercontinental on this trip, and they didn't even come close. Also this is the best hotel I've stayed at in South America.

Very girl friendly as well.

Tigede Jade
11-07-10, 13:12
I highly recommend this hotel for medium size budgets.

Excellent location for shopping as well as best privados (see separate report)

Ask for room back side, even if Arenales street is relatively quiet by night.

Paid 240 P per night, 4 nights, VAT included, breakfast included.

Small room but all confort, clean and pleasant decoration.

I raised upfront no supplement for bringing chicas. The receptionist speaking English said no in smiling.

Proof that it is chica friendly (even if in fact I did not used the facility this time going to privados) as already hinted on this site, but it is definetely clear.

I had chosen this hotel from various recommendation I fully approve.

Among comments I had read bad breakfast: completely wrong or it changed.

Yes, it is not English breakfast (no eggs and bacon. Toasts) but tea bag, 3 croissants, jam, butter, orange juice, fruit (strawberries) yoghurt. Worth the rate!

Jake 277
03-30-11, 22:24
Holiday Inn Express is NOT Chica Friendlly.

I will be in a new hotel tomorrow.

Should have known better.

I highly recommend this hotel for medium size budgets.

Excellent location for shopping as well as best privados (see separate report)

Ask for room back side, even if Arenales street is relatively quiet by night.

Paid 240 P per night. 4 nights, VAT included, breakfast included.

Small room but all confort, clean and pleasant decoration.

I raised upfront no supplement for bringing chicas. The receptionist speaking English said no in smiling.

Proof that it is chica friendly (even if in fact I did not used the facility this time going to privados) as already hinted on this site, but it is definetely clear.

I had chosen this hotel from various recommendation I fully approve.

Among comments I had read bad breakfast: completely wrong or it changed.

Yes, it is not English breakfast (no eggs and bacon. Toasts) but tea bag. 3 croissants, jam, butter, orange juice, fruit (strawberries) yoghurt. Worth the rate!

Tequila Tim
03-31-11, 01:37
Holiday Inn Express is NOT Chica Friendlly.

I will be in a new hotel tomorrow.

Should have known better. Gee, an American hotel chain frowning upon a guy bringing back a working girl. I'm shocked!

Wolfram
06-19-11, 11:15
Hotel Eurostars Claridge. - Tucumáand 535.

The hotel is chica friendly. I had no problems and they did not add to the bill because I brought guests.

But the girls have to show I'd.

Cost 130 USD pr night, but I was on company expenses so it didn't matter.

Wolfram

Macgoo
11-27-11, 18:23
Can anyone tell me if the Art Suites is guess friendly, or perhaps suggest something comparable?

SCLandSales
08-01-12, 13:48
Are there any hotels that have chicas hanging out at the bar or maybe a casino? I am a regular in Costa Rica where this is the norm but am taking my first trip to BA in October.

Thanks in advance!

WhiteCat
08-01-12, 19:17
Can anyone tell me if the Art Suites is guess friendly, or perhaps suggest something comparable?I stayed at Art Suites the first time I visited. I like the place. Clean and modern. Good privacy, no problem with visitors, media lunas and coffee delivered in the morning, a walk to the main Recoleta area, only the lazy would take a cab, although at night I did. The only reason I did not repeat was that the price went up and the Recoleta apt scene took over for me. It will be cheaper to rent.

Tequila Tim
08-01-12, 23:52
Are there any hotels that have chicas hanging out at the bar or maybe a casino? I am a regular in Costa Rica where this is the norm but am taking my first trip to BA in October.

Thanks in advance!The nearest thing to the CR set-up is the Marriott in Retiro and the Periplo Bar. It's directly across the street. It's been awhile since I've been down that way. Anybody have any recent info about the place?

WorldTravel69
08-02-12, 01:18
I stopped in a few times for a drink, year before last. There are a 5-6 chicas. One time I stayed in an apartment next door to it. I picked up a nut case. I had drag her out of the apartment.

The Marriott is just tourists. No chicas.

There is or was a bar on Reconquista at Cordoba called the Black and White. They had sort of have curtain rooms upstairs where you take the chicas.

The nearest thing to the CR set-up is the Marriott in Retiro and the Periplo Bar. It's directly across the street. It's been awhile since I've been down that way. Anybody have any recent info about the place?

Zanista
10-09-12, 18:04
Hello,

My first post so apologies if I've got the wrong thread. Just wondering if anybody could comment on the Plaza San Martin Suites, ie. Is it chica friendly?

Thanks!

AllIWantIsLove
10-10-12, 02:53
Someone here may know, but the hotel is certain to know. Send them a note. Don't worry. They've heard it all and have seen it all. Even if their web page is not in English they will likely be able to handle simple correspondence in English.

Bob.

Hello,

My first post so apologies if I've got the wrong thread. Just wondering if anybody could comment on the Plaza San Martin Suites, ie. Is it chica friendly?

Thanks!

Daddy Rulz
10-10-12, 12:23
Hello,

Thanks!For newish guys taking them to Telos is a better idea anyway. If things go weird you can just leave. If they are in your room not so much. A telo will run you about 25 bucks for 2 hours

Tres3
10-10-12, 14:11
Hello,

Thanks!Apartmentsinba. Com (think I got the URL correct) manages a privately owned 2BR apartment in the Plaza San Martin Suites. You get the best of both worlds-a private apartment with the security and most of the amenities of a hotel. It is also very quiet, which in BA is a rarity.

I stayed there for a month in May / June and it is very chica friendly.

Tres3

Mpexy
10-10-12, 14:50
Apartmentsinba. Com (think I got the URL correct) manages a privately owned 2BR apartment in the Plaza San Martin Suites. You get the best of both worlds-a private apartment with the security and most of the amenities of a hotel. It is also very quiet, which in BA is a rarity.

Tres3I don't find getting quiet apartments a rarity. 2 long term since '05 in recoleta and now in palermo. All absolutely tranquil and quiet, zero to negligible street / traffic noise

Wild Walleye
10-11-12, 01:37
Now that I think about it, this is one loud f*cking city. I think the Argie version of break pads and disks are a combination of chalk and chalkboard. Screaming hydraulics seem to be the norm.

That said, I've only had one place (in 30+ visits) that I found the noise annoying. The one noisy place was in an old building with old (low STC value) , single pane glass windows.

Zanista
10-11-12, 15:32
Apartmentsinba. Com (think I got the URL correct) manages a privately owned 2BR apartment in the Plaza San Martin Suites. You get the best of both worlds-a private apartment with the security and most of the amenities of a hotel. It is also very quiet, which in BA is a rarity.

I stayed there for a month in May / June and it is very chica friendly.

Tres3Thanks all, appreciate the feedback.

Zanista

CyberDas
01-03-13, 00:38
Stayed at the Polo Suites by Hollywood in Palermo down the street from the US Embassy, between Ave. Del Libertador, Ave. Sarmiento and Ave. Santa Fe. Very quaint boutique hotel with smallish but modern and comfy rooms equipped with flat screen tvs, cable, wi-fi (somewhat spotty, though) , minibar, kitchenette with utensils and some cooking gear. Rooftop pool with direct stair access from top floor rooms (mine included) with some killer views of the Argentine Polo complex and surrounding areas. The staff is very friendly and the dudes working the night shifts will help with chicas by calling them and either pointing them in the right direction to you or vice versa. I speak fluent Spanish but I found it easier for the locals, who speak the code, to help set things up. Through hotwire. Com I was able to get favorable rates at around $65 USD a night with taxes and fees included. Down the street there's a gas station with a restaurant inside in case you get the munchies in the wee hours of the night.

Segui 4708,

Buenos Aires, AR. 1425.

011-54-11-5276-6104

TejanoLibre
01-03-13, 01:55
Stayed at the Polo Suites by Hollywood in Palermo down the street from the US Embassy, between Ave. Del Libertador, Ave. Sarmiento and Ave. Santa Fe. Very quaint boutique hotel with smallish but modern and comfy rooms equipped with flat screen tvs, cable, wi-fi (somewhat spotty, though) , minibar, kitchenette with utensils and some cooking gear. Rooftop pool with direct stair access from top floor rooms (mine included) with some killer views of the Argentine Polo complex and surrounding areas. The staff is very friendly and the dudes working the night shifts will help with chicas by calling them and either pointing them in the right direction to you or vice versa. I speak fluent Spanish but I found it easier for the locals, who speak the code, to help set things up. Through hotwire. Com I was able to get favorable rates at around $65 USD a night with taxes and fees included. Down the street there's a gas station with a restaurant inside in case you get the munchies in the wee hours of the night.

Segui 4708,

Buenos Aires, AR. 1425.

011-54-11-5276-6104Been kicked out of nicer places than that! 65 and Chica friendly is sweet but a bit far from the real action.

Next time book your stay at Jax.

Very nice and in the middle of Hell!

Hell is a nice place; all your friends will be there eventually!

TL

Cpr2011
01-13-13, 23:48
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum but post on the international site. I ws hoping someone could help with some motel questions.

1) Anyone know if you can rent out a motel room for a week or so? I like staying in a motel atmosphere and am wondering if it might be a way to have a cheaper accommodation. I have done this in Panama and cities in Colombia.

2) Does anyone know of any motels in main touristy areas that have convenient locations for a trip?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Riina
08-18-14, 21:32
I booked a one week stay at the Intercontinental in October. I might extend my trip. If I do, would converting my dollars to blue rate pesos and paying cash to the hotel save me any money as opposed to going online and paying dollars with my US credit card? Any scheme to turn blue rate pesos into a lodging opportunity?

Cowboy2
08-18-14, 21:49
I booked a one week stay at the Intercontinental in October. I might extend my trip. If I do, would converting my dollars to blue rate pesos and paying cash to the hotel save me any money as opposed to going online and paying dollars with my US credit card? Any scheme to turn blue rate pesos into a lodging opportunity?Convert your dollars at the blue rate (about 12-13) and pay in pesos. If you use credit card you get the official rate (7-8).

Daddy Rulz
08-18-14, 22:12
I booked a one week stay at the Intercontinental in October. I might extend my trip. If I do, would converting my dollars to blue rate pesos and paying cash to the hotel save me any money as opposed to going online and paying dollars with my US credit card? Any scheme to turn blue rate pesos into a lodging opportunity?Paying with your credit card will add about 50%.

JoeyDude
12-01-14, 10:52
I am going to be in BA for 4 days before heading north to go fishing. I am on a bit of a budget, any ideas on a hotel in the heart of an area with lots of brothels and massages places?

Daddy Rulz
12-01-14, 12:06
I am going to be in BA for 4 days before heading north to go fishing. I am on a bit of a budget, any ideas on a hotel in the heart of an area with lots of brothels and massages places?Hotel Las Naciones http://www.hotellasnaciones.com.ar/htm/esp_contacto.php.

They have a suite on the 24 floor that goes for about 400 bucks for the week and there are probably 20 chicks working in the hotel. The suite is tiny but it has a great view. All of Red Hot's chicks work in this hotel. She would probably stream them up to you if you stayed there.

If you were asking about one "up north" sorry but I can't help you there.

JoeyDude
12-01-14, 14:21
Hotel Las Naciones http://www.hotellasnaciones.com.ar/htm/esp_contacto.php.

They have a suite on the 24 floor that goes for about 400 bucks for the week and there are probably 20 chicks working in the hotel. The suite is tiny but it has a great view. All of Red Hot's chicks work in this hotel. She would probably stream them up to you if you stayed there.

If you were asking about one "up north" sorry but I can't help you there.Thanks DR, so that is good area in terms of action? I love the idea that the girls working there are with the program. If I just wanted a regular room instead of a suit what kinda per night cost would it be?

Daddy Rulz
12-01-14, 16:55
Thanks DR, so that is good area in terms of action? I love the idea that the girls working there are with the program. If I just wanted a regular room instead of a suit what kinda per night cost would it be?The view from the 24th floor is worth whatever extra it costs. Just book it if it's open. The bedroom and shower are fine, the whole thing is about the same size as all the other rooms, the value is it's on a corner and high as fuck. You can see the city and the river from it.

WorldTravel69
12-01-14, 17:10
Some of the places may not be open, but this is the latest posted info:

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=zWlQAAF5dKfU.k7MU-WiErKp4

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=zWlQAAF5dKfU.ko57GaHJyoXo

Here are some cheap Hotel in the area. Prices are old though:

31. Hotel Suipacha Inn**, Suipacha 515 near Lavalle. Rates: 450p-820p. Tel: 4322-0099. reservas@hotelsuipacha.com.ar www.hotelsuipacha.com.ar

32. Hotel Marbella, Avenida de Mayo 1261 at Av. 9 de Julio. Rates: 390p-660p. TEL.: (+54 11) 4383-8566/3573 - FAX: (+54 11) 4383-2338. info@hotelmarbella.com.ar http://www.hotelmarbella.com.ar/ http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3102

33. Goya Hotel**, Suipacha 748 near Cordoba. Rates: Single US$___, Double ___. Tel: (+54-11) 4322- 9269. Fax: (+54-11) 4322-9311, Email: info@goyahotel.com.ar reservas@goyahotel.com.ar www.goyahotel.com.ar

34. Village Garden Apart**, Suipacha 250 at Diagonal Norte Pte. R. Saenz Pena. Rates: Single US$___.
Email: reservas@hotelvillagegarden.com.ar http://www.hotelvillagegarden.com.ar/espanol/

35. Hotel El Cabildo*, Lavalle 748 at Esmeralda. Rates: 170p-250. Tel: 4322-6745. hotelelcabildo@yahoo.com.ar http://www.hotelelcabildo.com/

36. Hotel Maipo*, Esmeralda 474 at Lavalle. Rates: 145p-430. Tel: +54 11 4328-4907. http://hotelmaipo.com/

37. Hotel Maipu*, Maipu 735. Rates: ____p without bath, __p with bath. Tel: 4322-5142. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nuevo-Hotel-Maipu/178738425522767

38. Victory Hotel, Maipu 880 at Paraguay. Rates: ___. Tel: (+54 11) 4313-8415. Fax: 4314-0655. http://www.victoryhotel.com.ar/english1.html

39. Grand Boulevard Hotel, Bernardo de Irigoyen 432, at Belgrano. Rates: ___, Internet. Tel:
(0)11 5222 9000. www.grandboulevardhotel.com http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4090

Thanks DR, so that is good area in terms of action? I love the idea that the girls working there are with the program. If I just wanted a regular room instead of a suit what kinda per night cost would it be?

JoeyDude
12-02-14, 14:28
Some of the places may not be open, but this is the latest posted info:

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=zWlQAAF5dKfU.k7MU-WiErKp4

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=zWlQAAF5dKfU.ko57GaHJyoXo

Here are some cheap Hotel in the area. Prices are old though:

31. Hotel Suipacha Inn**, Suipacha 515 near Lavalle. Rates: 450p-820p. Tel: 4322-0099. reservas@hotelsuipacha.com.ar www.hotelsuipacha.com.ar

32. Hotel Marbella, Avenida de Mayo 1261 at Av. 9 de Julio. Rates: 390p-660p. TEL.: (+54 11) 4383-8566/3573 - FAX: (+54 11) 4383-2338. info@hotelmarbella.com.ar http://www.hotelmarbella.com.ar/ http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3102

33. Goya Hotel**, Suipacha 748 near Cordoba. Rates: Single US$___, Double ___. Tel: (+54-11) 4322- 9269. Fax: (+54-11) 4322-9311, Email: info@goyahotel.com.ar reservas@goyahotel.com.ar www.goyahotel.com.ar

34. Village Garden Apart**, Suipacha 250 at Diagonal Norte Pte. R. Saenz Pena. Rates: Single US$___.
Email: reservas@hotelvillagegarden.com.ar http://www.hotelvillagegarden.com.ar/espanol/

35. Hotel El Cabildo*, Lavalle 748 at Esmeralda. Rates: 170p-250. Tel: 4322-6745. hotelelcabildo@yahoo.com.ar http://www.hotelelcabildo.com/

36. Hotel Maipo*, Esmeralda 474 at Lavalle. Rates: 145p-430. Tel: +54 11 4328-4907. http://hotelmaipo.com/

37. Hotel Maipu*, Maipu 735. Rates: ____p without bath, __p with bath. Tel: 4322-5142. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nuevo-Hotel-Maipu/178738425522767

38. Victory Hotel, Maipu 880 at Paraguay. Rates: ___. Tel: (+54 11) 4313-8415. Fax: 4314-0655. http://www.victoryhotel.com.ar/english1.html

39. Grand Boulevard Hotel, Bernardo de Irigoyen 432, at Belgrano. Rates: ___, Internet. Tel:
(0)11 5222 9000. www.grandboulevardhotel.com http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4090Hotel maipo looks cheap enough for me. Is it relatively close to the action?

Joe 23
12-02-14, 14:58
Hotel maipo looks cheap enough for me. Is it relatively close to the action?You only get what you pay for. The cheap hotels might not have air condition and summer here can be hot. Don't forget to check the room rates by yourself to make sure that they're updated and there's no hidden extras. The hotels usually charge extra if the girls visit your room.

JoeyDude
12-02-14, 15:26
You only get what you pay for. The cheap hotels might not have air condition and summer here can be hot. Don't forget to check the room rates by yourself to make sure that they're updated and there's no hidden extras. The hotels usually charge extra if the girls visit your room.It's a good point and sometimes one can get lured into a cheaper rate to find out you pay in other ways. Trying to find the right balance.

Joe 23
12-02-14, 15:37
It's a good point and sometimes one can get lured into a cheaper rate to find out you pay in other ways. Trying to find the right balance.If I were you, I'd avoid the hotels on the small streets of "Microcentro" such as Esmeralda, Lavalle, Suipacha, Maipu. The area is definitely not the safest in the city. Taxi fare is not expensive in BA, so it's better to stay in areas like Recoleta or Barrio Norte and "commute".

This is just my suggestion. Don't ask me for hotel recommendations. I'm not a travel agent or a guide.

WorldTravel69
12-02-14, 15:38
The action is all around the Hotel.
Like Joe said not the best area to stay in.

Hotel maipo looks cheap enough for me. Is it relatively close to the action?

WorldTravel69
12-02-14, 17:30
It is cheaper to rent an apartment, but if you must have a hotel.

I would stay in this area: I checked the prices on these.

18. Gran Hotel Buenos Aires****, M.T. de Alvear 767. Rates: US$76-85. Tel: (+54-11) 5254-4000, 4312-3003. Fax: (+54-11) 4315-2243. Email: info@granhotelbue.com.ar www.granhotelbue.com.ar

19. Hotel Dolmen****, Suipacha 1079. Rates: 740+. Tel: (+54-11) 4315-7117. http://www.hoteldolmen.com.ar/

20. Waldorf Hotel***, Paraguay 450 at San Martin. Rates: US$78-93. Tel: 011/4312-2071. http://www.waldorf-hotel.com.ar/castellano/

21. Hotel Principado,**** Paraguay 481 at San Martin. Rates: US$__. Tel: (+54-11) 4313-3022. Fax: (+54-11) 4313-3952. www.principado.com.ar

22. Aspen Suites***, Esmeralda 933 at Paraguay. Rates: US$71-95. Tel: 4313-9011, Fax: 4313-8059 Email: hotel@aspensuites.com.ar www.aspensuites.com.ar

23. Hotel Embajador***, Carlos Pellegrini 1185 at Arenales up from Santa Fe. Rates: Single US$65+ with breakfast. info@embajadorhotel.com.ar www.embajadorhotel.com.ar

24. Hotel Diplomat***, San Martin 918 at Paraguay. Rates: US$70+. Tel: (+54-11) 4311-9370, 4312-6124. Tel/fax: 4311-2708. Email: diplomat@sinectis.com.ar http://www.hoteldiplomat.com.ar
Chica Friendly

25. Gran Hotel Orly***, Paraguay 474 at San Martin. Rates: US$65-85, Tel: 011/4312-5344. Fax: 4312-5344/8 http://www.orly.com.ar

26. NH Hotel Lancaster****, Avenida Cordoba 405 at Reconquista. Rates: US$90+. Tel: (+54-11) 4331-6464, Fax: (+54-11) 4311-6464.

27. Hotel Tres Sargentos**, Tres Sargentos 345 at Reconquista. Rates: Promotion 110p+. Tel: (011) 4312-6081. Email: info@hoteltressargentos.com.ar [url]http://www.hoteltressargentos.com.ar/index.html

28. Hotel Central Cordoba**, San Martin 1021/23 at M.T. Alvear. Rates: Single 330, Double 380p+, Triple 430p+. Tel: (+54-11) 4311-1175, 4312-8524, Tel: Fax: 4315-6860. www.hotelcentralcordoba.com.ar.

Action in this area:

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=zWlQAAF5dKfU.kUddQn1Fh4z0

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=zWlQAAF5dKfU.kflDfns6S_os

Dickhead
12-02-14, 17:49
I have stayed at Gran Hotel Buenos Aires and the rooms are extremely small. I have also stayed at Hotel Dolmen and it's not bad. Chicas are an issue at the Dolmen ever since some Danish guy threw a hooker out a window there, so check on that. Gran Hotel was quite chica friendly when I stayed there.

Joe 23
12-02-14, 20:07
Aspen Suites and Embajador might be worth considering. I'm not sure about Gran Hotel and Dolmen. Forget the rest unless you want to be mugged near your hotel.
Las Naciones recommended by DR is not bad if you're thinking of having fun with the girls. Many of them are already there! Just my comments. You're the one to decide.

Dickhead
12-02-14, 20:34
Oh, yeah, avoid the Lancaster. Way, way overpriced.

JoeyDude
12-02-14, 21:17
Aspen Suites and Embajador might be worth considering. I'm not sure about Gran Hotel and Dolmen. Forget the rest unless you want to be mugged near your hotel.
Las Naciones recommended by DR is not bad if you're thinking of having fun with the girls. Many of them are already there! Just my comments. You're the one to decide.Yea, thanks guys. I do like the idea of the girls being at las naciones, and the hotel looks decent, on the website anyway. Be nice not get mugged, I can stay right here in nyc for that.

JoeyDude
12-03-14, 00:24
Yea, thanks guys. I do like the idea of the girls being at las naciones, and the hotel looks decent, on the website anyway. Be nice not get mugged, I can stay right here in nyc for that.Another question, should I insist, or ask if I can pay cash when I get there? I am thinking they might like that and it would benefit me.

Member #3320
12-03-14, 07:15
I came across this hotel last night where my guests were staying.'.

I was astounded to note that its right next to 'hook'.

Regente Palace Hotel.

Suipacha 964.

First time visitors in BA looking to monger in bARS.. This should be a option!

Daddy Rulz
12-03-14, 09:22
Another question, should I insist, or ask if I can pay cash when I get there? I am thinking they might like that and it would benefit me.You can offer to pay in dollars but most likely they will give you the official rate. If so pay in Pesos. If you pay with a CC you will take it up the shorts at 8.5 to 1.

WorldTravel69
12-03-14, 14:43
I don't know how I missed the hotel when I made the list.

It is too rich for me.

Regente Palace Hotel, Suipacha 964 at M.T. Alvear. Rates: US$121-135. Tel: +54 11 4328-6800. http://www.regente.com/es/index.html.

I came across this hotel last night where my guests were staying.'.

I was astounded to note that its right next to 'hook'.

Regente Palace Hotel.

Suipacha 964.

First time visitors in BA looking to monger in bARS.. This should be a option!

Daddy Rulz
12-04-14, 13:05
Hotel Las Naciones http://www.hotellasnaciones.com.ar/htm/esp_contacto.php.

If you were asking about one "up north" sorry but I can't help you there.An era comes to a close.

http://parabuenosaires.com/mas-de-50-departamentos-del-hotel-las-naciones-eran-usados-para-prostitucion/

JoeyDude
12-05-14, 10:37
An era comes to a close.

http://parabuenosaires.com/mas-de-50-departamentos-del-hotel-las-naciones-eran-usados-para-prostitucion/What was the skinny with that article?

Morir Sorando
12-09-14, 15:22
The NH Buenos Aires Tango Hotel is it chic friendly? And also how far is this location by taxi to Rocoleta? I was thinking of staying here since it's near the main tourist attractions. Since I will be Buenos Aires for 4 days and 3 nights I think it is better I stay at a hotel, what are thoughts vets to BA?

WorldTravel69
12-10-14, 13:41
You can walk there in about 45 minutes or less from the hotel.

I don't know if the hotel is chica friendly, but I would suggest a cheaper hotel might easier to bring in a chica.

What do you think is the main tourist attractions?

The whole city is a tourist attraction to me.

The NH Buenos Aires Tango Hotel is it chic friendly? And also how far is this location by taxi to Recoleta? I was thinking of staying here since it's near the main tourist attractions. Since I will be Buenos Aires for 4 days and 3 nights I think it is better I stay at a hotel, what are thoughts vets to BA?

Droplet
01-01-15, 16:24
Looking at Hotel Maipo.

Do you need to book a double room if you want to bring back a chica to your room? Or is a single room ok?

Thanks,

Thomaso276
01-01-15, 16:45
Looking at Hotel Maipo.

Do you need to book a double room if you want to bring back a chica to your room? Or is a single room ok?

Thanks,Ask the hotel.

WorldTravel69
01-03-15, 13:36
Just remember to get a room in the back. It is a very noisy neighborhood.

I know you can bring a chica to this hotel.

http://www.hoteldiplomatbuenosaires.com/

Looking at Hotel Maipo.

Thanks,

Droplet
01-18-15, 00:42
Just remember to get a room in the back. It is a very noisy neighborhood.

I know you can bring a chica to this hotel.

http://www.hoteldiplomatbuenosaires.com/I'm staying there now.

Haven't tried yet to bring a chica back to hotel. Its the weekend. Will try on Monday.

If I call a chica to come to the hotel, how will this work? Can she get past the reception on her own and come to my room? Or do I need to go and meet her at the bottom? My spanish is nada.

WorldTravel69
01-18-15, 12:55
When I stayed at the Diplomat, I texted my chica setting up a time to meet.
Google translate helps if you do not have much Spanish.

I'm staying there now.

Haven't tried yet to bring a chica back to hotel. Its the weekend. Will try on Monday.

If I call a chica to come to the hotel, how will this work? Can she get past the reception on her own and come to my room? Or do I need to go and meet her at the bottom? My spanish is nada.

AllIWantIsLove
01-18-15, 14:18
<snip> If I call a chica to come to the hotel, how will this work? Can she get past the reception on her own and come to my room? Or do I need to go and meet her at the bottom? My spanish is nada.You'll find out. It depends on the hotel. Usually she has to stop at reception (which she won't mind at all). Then she might be escorted to your room or, more likely, you might have to go down and meet her. Sometimes they might let her find your room on her own. But probably not.

If she's not the girl you asked for send her away. Bait and switch happens because too often they get away with it.

Bob.

Dingu
01-19-15, 18:54
Does anybody have any info on Vista Sol hotel? Its on Tucumán near San Martin. Is it chica friendly? I've never stayed downtown before, is it an alright area for walking around day or night?

WorldTravel69
01-21-15, 13:06
I can't help you about the hotel, but the area is okay, but not much there at night. You will be close to Cafe Orleans and the Galeria Pacifico.

33. Vista Sol Hotel Buenos Aires, Tucumán 451 at San Martin. Rates: US$74-135. Tel: 011 5273-2500. informes@vistasolhotels.com http://www.vistasolhotels.com/es/index.html

Does anybody have any info on Vista Sol hotel? Its on Tucuman near San Martin. Is it chica friendly? I've never stayed downtown before, is it an alright area for walking around day or night?

Cheema
12-30-15, 03:16
I am planning to visit BA in march for 4 days.

I did RTFF but most of the info is about 10 years old so can't rely on them.

I need a girl friendly hotel/apartment with in room jacuzzi.

My budget is up to 200 USD.

AllIWantIsLove
12-30-15, 03:55

I did RTFF but most of the info is about 10 years old so can't rely on them.I hope someone can help you but I don't think that too many of us stay in places with jacuzzis.

Two suggestions - 1) find a hotel as you normally would for any city and purpose. They probably will have no problem with a female visitor. She might have to register at the front desk. If you want to be certain send an email to the hotel. They will not be shocked. 2) Don't worry about a jacuzzi and take your mermaid to a nice telo - i.e. A "love hotel" where rooms are setup for sex and rented by the hour. They won't all have jacuzzis but the nicer ones should. Some simple Google searches will educate you about telos in Buenos Aires. I don't recall anyone here reporting on them.

Bob.

TejanoLibre
12-30-15, 10:25
I hope someone can help you but I don't think that too many of us stay in places with jacuzzis.

Two suggestions - 1) find a hotel as you normally would for any city and purpose. They probably will have no problem with a female visitor. She might have to register at the front desk. If you want to be certain send an email to the hotel. They will not be shocked. 2) Don't worry about a jacuzzi and take your mermaid to a nice telo - i.e. A "love hotel" where rooms are setup for sex and rented by the hour. They won't all have jacuzzis but the nicer ones should. Some simple Google searches will educate you about telos in Buenos Aires. I don't recall anyone here reporting on them.

Bob.El Horizonte.

http://www.hoteltressargentos.com.ar/

Downtown near everything . About 5 blocks from my Office and Hook's.

Anybody that has used one of the providers from Orleans has more than likely been taken to the "El Horizonte" Telo by the provider since it is located directly behind the remnants of Orleans.

Love Motel with a 2 hour minimum.

2 people required; if the girl leaves then you have to leave too.

Very clean. Private . Good enough for anybody.

I have been taking my non-working GFs there for years.

Check in after midnight and you can stay until Noon for a few dollars more.

Granite and marble showers , spotless bathroom and bedding . Constantly changed.

Surround sound porn and mirrored ceilings. Air-conditioned and room service. Free welcome drinks or morning coffee if you know to ask.

Thematic rooms.

70's Disco with mirrored ball and stripper's pole.

New York Skyline.

All sorts of themes.

Check out room 501 . Like the jeans .

It's a "Killer!".

Has a Jacuzzi for the cuzzi , next to the bed.

Not all of the rooms have a Jacuzzi.

The only drawback is that you can only take 1 girl at a time with you.

And expect to sit in the lobby and wait a while when it's peak poking time.

Worth waiting for.

Have Fun ,

TL.

WorldTravel69
12-30-15, 13:10
Find the List of Hotels in this thread. The Maps are on the bottom.

I have almost all the hotels Listed.

You can go through every one and find which ones have a pool or Jacuzzi.

This one has what you want. I do not know if it is chica friendly.

http://www.pestana.com/en/hotel/pestana-buenos-aires/leisure-services?theme=pestana

and this:

http://www.hotelrepublica.com.ar/espanol/

Ponelover
12-30-15, 19:16

I did RTFF but most of the info is about 10 years old so can't rely on them.Stayed at the Howard Johnson on Florida Street several times a few years ago. Does not have Jacuzzi but it is chica friendly and a work colleague of mine who was there also entertained more than one chica in room at the same time on multiple occasions. Won’t go into detail but due in part to the way the reception is set up on the second floor and you can get on the elevator on the ground floor. You do however have to go down and get the chica or chicas as the elevator works with the room key.

Of course if it’s just one chica then she can go to reception and register and then come to your room. Things may have changes since this was a few years ago.

The name escapes me right now but on occasion stayed at a boutique hotel near Florida street. My buddy said it was Chica friendly but only one chica at a time.

Cheema
12-31-15, 04:55
I have narrowed down my options into.

Casa calma hotel.

Howard Johnson recoleta.

Melia recoleta.

Howard johnson is girl friendly there confirmed me on phone but still no reply of my mails to melia and casa calma.

Big Boss Man
12-31-15, 15:48
I have narrowed down my options into.

Casa calma hotel.

Howard Johnson recoleta.

Melia recoleta.

Howard johnson is girl friendly there confirmed me on phone but still no reply of my mails to melia and casa calma.Howard Johnson several years ago was dingy. I did not like it. If you do not have to prepay checkout Alvear Art last minute specials. Last October I was able to get a room for $165 a night when the electricity went out in Recoleta. It is a far superior hotel. So I would book the the Howard Johnson if you must but switch if you are able. Of course, this was in October and you are now in high season. That last minute deal may not be available. Do not pay in dollars. Pay in pesos.

Cheema
01-01-16, 03:17
CASA CALMA Hotel is girl friendly , they confirmed it by email but only one girl is allowed.

WorldTravel69
01-01-16, 12:56
They should be Chica Friendly for the price they charge.

http://www.hotels.com/hotel/details.html?tab=description&q-localised-check-in=02/09/16&hotel-id=311995&q-room-0-adults=1&YGF=14&MGT=1&WOE=3&q-localised-check-out=02/10/16&WOD=2&ZSX=0&SYE=3&q-room-0-children=0

CASA CALMA Hotel is girl friendly , they confirmed it by email but only one girl is allowed.

El Perro
12-15-16, 12:20
I'm arriving in BA early in the morning Christmas day. A hastily put together trip. I've never stayed in a hotel in BA. Any ideas about a hotel downtown for about $50 a night ? I checked out Suipacha Suites but they are booked tight.

Any advise appreciated.

Cheers !

WorldTravel69
12-15-16, 13:15
Check these:

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?3120-Hotel-List&p=442919&viewfull=1#post442919.

I'm arriving in BA early in the morning Christmas day. A hastily put together trip. I've never stayed in a hotel in BA. Any ideas about a hotel downtown for about $50 a night ? I checked out Suipacha Suites but they are booked tight.

Any advise appreciated.

Cheers !

Shamester
12-15-16, 13:24

Any advise appreciated.

Cheers !Check out liberty hotel.

WorldTravel69
12-15-16, 15:41
http://www.liberty-hotel.com.ar/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g312741-d505547-Reviews-Liberty_Hotel-Buenos_Aires_Capital_Federal_District.html

Check out liberty hotel.

Daddy Rulz
12-15-16, 23:27

Any advise appreciated.

Cheers !Nothing special, haven't been there for years but the bed was ok and the staff not bad.

http://www.victoryhotel.com.ar/hotel.html

El Perro
12-21-16, 11:09
Thanks for the ideas fellows. I found an apartment that will probably work better for me than a hotel. Hotel ideas filed away for future reference.

Cheers.

Mamboson
12-22-16, 20:41

Any advise appreciated.

Cheers !Hi -.

I have only been to BA twice but stayed in San Telmo in nice hotels for $35-60 a night each time. I bought what was on sale on booking.com. Both were good+ clean and friendly and both advertise thier "regular rate" at @$100USD/night. I didn't have lots of people in and out but no one gave me a second look for the guests I did have. I like San Telmo but it might not suit your tastes or purposes.

Mambo.

Big Boss Man
01-16-17, 14:56
Good news making a hotel a better option for a short stay. Although it used to be even cheaper when the the official rate was 40% below the blue rate. You could bring dollars and pay the hotel bill in pesos.

http://www.thebubble.com/foreign-visitors-to-argentina-will-no-longer-pay-vat-on-accommodation/

Questner
01-23-19, 21:26
At the moment planning to stay close to Microcentro. Any advice on the area? (preference to greener, cheerful, touristy areas, walkable and close to freelancers at cafes, bars, street action, clubs). Are hotels guest friendly given double occupancy booking? Any advice on accommodation or hotel referral is very welcome (which hotel to choose; do I need an apartment etc.) Thank you.

WorldTravel69
01-24-19, 13:37
Here is a list I made a few years ago.

The prices have changed, but can be used as a guide.

I would say stay in the Retiro area.

That used to be the area with the most clubs and action.

RIP to those years.

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?3120-Hotel-List

At the moment planning to stay close to Microcentro. Any advice on the area? (preference to greener, cheerful, touristy areas, walkable and close to freelancers at cafes, bars, street action, clubs). Are hotels guest friendly given double occupancy booking? Any advice on accommodation or hotel referral is very welcome (which hotel to choose; do I need an apartment etc.) Thank you.

Amantelondres
01-24-19, 13:49
Your attachment states most hotels have an IVA tax. Take note, if you are a foreigner paying with a credit card issued in your country you are exempt from paying the IVA tax saving around 20%. This law was introduced a couple of years ago to encourage tourism.

Here is a list I made a few years ago.

The prices have changed, but can be used as a guide.

I would say stay in the Retiro area.

That used to be the area with the most clubs and action.

RIP to those years.

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?3120-Hotel-List

Questner
01-24-19, 19:42
Your attachment states most hotels have an IVA tax. Take note, if you are a foreigner paying with a credit card issued in your country you are exempt from paying the IVA tax saving around 20%. This law was introduced a couple of years ago to encourage tourism.Yes, 21% VAT is exempt. Would you suggest booking directly with a hotel? Generally, I would prefer to avoid paying upfront. This way I know no VAT is charged when I check out. Same as in Colombia. Are hotels guest friendly? What is a local cultural attitude and towards this issue? There are enough love motels everywhere, and for $30 I can deal with it, still I better to use this money for your main accommodation.

Amantelondres
01-25-19, 07:33
No reason to book upfront. Hotel website will make it clear if upfront payment required. They may ask for credit card number as a guarantee but pay on departure. Similarly if using Booking.com it will state if pay on departure. Re other questions others on this site more qualified to reply.

Yes, 21% VAT is exempt. Would you suggest booking directly with a hotel? Generally, I would prefer to avoid paying upfront. This way I know no VAT is charged when I check out. Same as in Colombia. Are hotels guest friendly? What is a local cultural attitude and towards this issue? There are enough love motels everywhere, and for $30 I can deal with it, still I better to use this money for your main accommodation.

Questner
01-25-19, 16:52
This one provides easy information about love motels per each zone:

http://www.alberguestransitorios.com/

Questner
02-21-19, 01:30
https://turismo.buenosaires.gob.ar/sites/turismo/files/RPT_alojamientos_registrados_ENTUR20190208.pdf

The file is too large to be attached.

You can also search for area or class here:

https://turismo.buenosaires.gob.ar/es/article/%C2%BFd%C3%B3nde-dormir

Informalmannow
04-01-22, 00:28
Hey Bros.

I am headed to BA for a two week stint in mid August to September. Given what's being going over the last two years, can someone provide me an updated listing of girl-friendly hotels in microcentro? Thank you.

WorldTravel69
04-29-22, 12:57
This is only a partial list. There are many other hotels in the City.

Most hotels have an IVA tax, it is __%.

Retiro (Microcentro) (Northern edge of Microcentro. North of Córdoba and East of 9 de Julio.).

1. Emperador Hotel, Av del Libertador 420 at Suipacha. Rates: US$179-450. Tel: 011 4131-4000. http://www.hotel-emperador.com.ar/default-en.html.

2. Feir's Park Hotel, Esmeralda 1366 at Av. Del Libertador. Rates: US$108-171. Tel: 011 4327-1900. http://www.feirspark.com.ar/.

3. Suipacha y Arroyo Suites, Arroyo at Suipacha. Rates: US$87. Tel: 011 4325-8200. http://arroyohotel.com.ar/home.php.

4. Dazzler Suites Arroyo****, Suipacha 1359 at Arroyo. Rates: US$77-81+IVA. Tel: (+54-11) 4325-8200. Reservas (+54-11) 5217-5700. http://www.dazzlerhotel.com.

5. Sofitel Buenos Aires, Arroyo 841 at Esmeralda. Rates: US$310-2,550. Tel: 011 4131-0000. http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-3253-sofitel-buenos-aires/index.shtml.

6. Hotel Argenta Tower, Juncal 868 at Suipacha. Rates: US$84-125. Tel: 011 4325-4100. http://www.argenta-tower.com.ar/.

7. Hoteles el Casco Sa, Av. Del Libertador 16 at Crucero Gral Belgrano. Rates: US$190-450. Tel: 011 4816-7067. http://www.hoteldelcasco.com.ar/default-en.html.

8. Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel*****, San Martin 1225 at Avenida Leandro N. Alem. Rates: US$151-615. Tel: (+54-11) 4318-9000, 800/325-3535. www.starwood.com/redir/sheraton/buenosaires.

9. Park Towers*****, Avenida Leandro N. Alem 1193 at San Martin. Rates: US$245-376. Tel: (+54 11) 4318-9100. Fax: (+54-11) 4318-9100. http://www.parktowerbuenosaires.com/es http://www.starwoodhotels.com/ http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3760.

10. Suipacha Suites****, Suipacha 1253 at Juncal. Rates: US$105-175. Tel: (+54-11) 4819-3600, 4394-7164/7153. Fax: (+54-11) 4819-3634/3662. www.suipachasuites.com http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3774.

11. Hotel Loi Suites Arenales, Arenales 855 at Suipacha. Rates: US$63-75. Tel: 011 4324-9400. http://www.loisuites.com.ar/.

12. Hotel Embajador***, Carlos Pellegrini 1185 at Arenales up from Santa Fe. Rates: Single US$65+ with breakfast. www.embajadorhotel.com.ar.

13. Hotel Dolmen****, Suipacha 1079 at Santa Fe. Rates: 740+. Tel: (+54-11) 4315-7117. http://www.hoteldolmen.com.ar.

14. Park Royal****, Suipacha 1092, at Santa Fe. Rates: US$80. Tel: (+54-11) 5093-7000. http://www.parkroyal.mx/es/park-royal-city/buenos-aires#.

15. Hotel Nh Crillon****, Av. Santa Fe 796 at Esmeralda. Rates: US$66-170. Tel: (+54-11) 4310-2000, Reservations: +1 646 568 4743. Email: http://www.nh-hotels.com/hotel/nh-buenos-aires-crillon.

16. Alvear Art Hotel, Suipacha 1036 at M.T. Alvear. Rates: US$202-295. Tel: 011 4114-3477. http://www.bookingadn.com/es/h/865/alvear-art-hotel-buenos-aires-ciudad-de-buenos-aires-argentina.

17. Casa Calma Hotel, Suipacha 1015 at M.T. Alvear. Rates: US$180-270. Tel: 011 4312-5000. Chica Friendly. http://www.casacalmahotel.com/.

18. Loi Suites Esmeralda****, Marcelo T. De Alvear 842 at Esmeralda. Rates: US$86+IVA. Tel: (+54-11) 4131-6800. Fax: 413-6888. Email: www.loisuites.com.ar.

19. Gran Hotel Buenos Aires****, M.T. De Alvear 767. Rates: US$63-85. Tel: (+54-11) 5254-4000, 4312-3003. Fax: (+54-11) 4315-2243. www.granhotelbue.com.ar.

20. Plaza Hotel Buenos Aires****, Florida 1005 at M.T. Alvear. Rates: US$137-261. Tel: (+54-11) 4318-3000, Fax: (+54-11) 4318-3008. http://www.plazahotelba.com/default-en.html http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5219.

21. Hotel Central Córdoba**, San Martin 1021/23 at M.T. Alvear. Rates: Single 330, Double 380p+, Triple 430p+. Tel: (+54-11)4311-1175, 4312-8524, Tel: Fax: 4315-6860. www.hotelcentralCórdoba.com.ar.

22. Promenade Hotel, Marcelo T. De Alvear 444 at San Martin. Rates: 740p-1407. Tel: 011 4312-5681. http://www.hotelpromenade.com.ar/en/index.html.

23. Bisonte Palace****, Marcelo T. De Alvear 910. Rates: US$118. Tel: (+54-11) 4328-4751. Fax: (+54 11) 4328-6476. http://www.hotelesbisonte.com/ Not Chica Friendly! http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5915.

24. Regente Palace Hotel****, Suipacha 964 at M.T. Alvear. Rates: US$121-135. Tel: +54 11 4328-6800. http://www.regente.com/es/index.html.

25. El Conquistador Hotel****, Suipacha 948 at Paraguay. Rates: US$73-86. Tel: (+54-11) 4328-3012. Fax: (+54-11) 4328-3252. http://www.elconquistador.com.ar/ingles/index.htm http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4046.

26. Aspen Towers Hotel****, Paraguay 857 at Suipacha. Rates: US$77-87. Tel: (+54-11) 4313-1919. www.aspentowers.com.ar http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3104.

27. Aspen Suites***, Esmeralda 933 at Paraguay. Rates: US$71-95. Tel: 4313-9011, Fax: 4313-8059. Email: www.aspensuites.com.ar.

28. Hotel Elevage****, Maipú 960, at Marcelo T. De Alvear. Rates: US$130-190. Tel: (+54-11) 4891-8000. http://www.elevage.com.ar/baires/english/index.html.

29. Gran Hotel Dora, Maipú 963 at M.T. Alvear. Rates: US$53. Tel: 011 4311-0942. http://www.dorahotel.com.ar/.

30. Hotel Pulitzer Buenos Aires, Maipú 907 at Cordoba. Rates: US$84-154. Tel: 011 4316-0800. http://www.hotelpulitzer.com.ar/en.

31. Hotel Diplomat***, San Martin 918 at Paraguay. Rates: US$54-70+. Tel: (+54-11) 4311-9370, 4312-6124. Tel/fax: 4311-2708. http://www.hoteldiplomat.com.ar.

32. Howard Johnson Plaza****, Florida 944, at Paraguay. Rates: US$84-140+IVA. Tel: (+54-11) 4891-9200. http://www.hjflorida.com.ar/.

33. Dazzler San Martin****, San Martin 920 at Paraguay. Rates: US$252-445+IVA. Tel: (+54-11) 5256-7700. Reservas (1 718) 578 4107. www.dazzlerhotel.com.

34. Meliá Buenos Aires*****, Reconquista 945 at Paraguay. Rates: US$187-342. Tel: (+54-11) 4891-3800, Reservations 1-877-696-6252. www.solmelia.com.

35. Pestana Buenos Aires****, Carlos Pellegrini 877 at Córdoba. Rates: US$150. Tel: 54-11-5239-1000. Fax: 54-11-5239-1141. http://www.pestana.com/hotels/en/hotels/southamerica/BuenosAiresHotels.

36. Victory Hotel, Maipu 880 at Paraguay. Rates: US$40. Tel: (+54 11) 4313-8415. Fax: 4314-0655. http://www.victoryhotel.com.ar/.

37. Dazzler Maipú, Maipú 856 at M.T. Alvear. Rates: US$85. Tel: (1 718) 578 4107, Hotel (54 11) 5279 4050. http://www.dazzlermaipu.com.

38. Hotel Principado****, Paraguay 481 at San Martin. Rates: US$80. Tel: (+54-11) 4313-3022. Fax: (+54-11) 4313-3952. www.principado.com.ar.

39. Gran Hotel Orly***, Paraguay 474 at San Martin. Rates: US$65-85, Tel: 011/4312-5344. Fax: 4312-5344/8. http://www.orly.com.ar.

40. Waldorf Hotel***, Paraguay 450 at San Martin. Rates: US$78-93. Tel: 011/4312-2071. http://www.waldorf-hotel.com.ar/castellano/.

41. Hotel Tres Sargentos**, Tres Sargentos 345 at Reconquista. Rates: Promotion 110p+. Tel: (011) 4312-6081. http://www.hoteltressargentos.com.ar/index.html.

42. Hotel Nh Florida****, San Martin 839 at Córdoba. Rates: US$66-170. Tel: (+54 11) 4321-9850, Reservations: +1 646 568 4743. http://www.nh-hotels.com/hotel/nh-buenos-aires-florida http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3103.

43. Hotel NH Lancaster****, Avenida Córdoba 405 at Reconquista. Rates: US$66-170+. Tel: (+54-11) 4331-6464, Reservations: +1 646 568 4743. http://www.nh-hotels.com/nh/en/hotels/argentina/buenos-aires/nh-lancaster.html.

Puerto Madero (On the Water Front).

1. Hilton****, Macacha Guemes 351. Rates: US$199-4,199. Tel: 54-11-4891-0000 Fax: 54-11-4891-0001. http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/BUEHIHH-Hilton-Buenos-Aires/index.do http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4000.

2. Faena Hotel Universe Buenos Aires*****, Martha Salotti 445. Rates: US$499-8,800. Tel: +54 11 4010-9000. http://www.faena.com/.

3. Hotel Madero****, Rosario Vera Peñaloza 360. Rates: US$169-219. Tel: (0)11 5776 7777. www.hotelmadero.com http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2416.

San Nicolas (Microcentro) (Microcentro is Avenida Santa Fe in the North to Avenida de Mayo in the South. Avenida 9 de Julio in the West to the Waterfront in the East) More or Less.

1. Córdoba 860, Av. Córdoba 860 at Suipacha. Rates: US$60-99. Tel: (+54-11)5254-5200. http://www.cordoba860.com/.

2. Sheraton Libertador****, Avenida Córdoba 690 at Maipú. Rates: US$128-368. Tel: (+54-11/4321-0000. Fax: (+54-11) 4322-9703. http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1195 http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2417.

3. Hotel Ushuaia**, Avenida Córdoba 350 at Reconquista. Rates: Single 472-956p. Tel: 4312-4811/18. Fax: 4312-4819. http://www.hotelesdiba.com.ar/hotel-ushuaia.php.

4. Tanguero Boutique Hotel, Suipacha 780 at Córdoba. Rates: US$99-158. Tel: 011 4393-4676. http://www.tanguerohotel.com/.

5. Goya Hotel**, Suipacha 748 near Córdoba. Rates: Single US$72+. Tel: (+54-11) 4322- 9269. Fax: (+54-11) 4322-9311, www.goyahotel.com.ar.

6. Hotel Posta Carretas, Esmeralda 726 at Viamonte. Rates: US$65-99. Tel: 011 4322-8567. http://www.postacarretas.com.ar/.

7. Hotel Maipú*, Maipú 735 at Córdoba. Rates: ____p without bath, __p with bath. Tel: 4322-5142. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nuevo-Hotel-Maipu/178738425522767.

8. Hotel Esplendor****, San Martin 780 at Córdoba (old Phoenix Hotel). Rates: Concept Room US$78-139+IVA. Tel: (+54-11) 5256-8800. Reservas: (+54-11) 5217-5799. http://www.esplendorbuenosaires.com/site/home/es/el_hotel/.

9. Regal Pacific Hotel*****, 25 de Mayo 764 at Córdoba. Rates: US$145. Tel: (+54-11) 4310-7000. Fax: 4310-7001. http://www.regal-pacific.com.

10. Holiday Inn Express****, Avenida Leandro N. Alem 770 at Córdoba. Rates: US$135-181+IVA. Tel: (+54-11) 4311-5200. http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/buenos-aires/buept/hoteldetail http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2349.

11. Fertilia Downtown Apartamentos, 25 de Mayo 734 at Viamonte. Rates: US$44-99. Tel: 011 4382-5433. http://www.fertiliadowntown.com/.

12. Monarca Hoteles, 25 de Mayo 724, at Viamonte. Rates: US$34-120. Tel: 011 4314-1101. http://www.search.sniphotel.com/Hotel/Monarca_Hoteles.htm.

13. Viasui Hotel, Viamonte 960 at Carlos Pellegrini. Rates: US$57. Tel: 011 5252-3070. http://www.viasuihotel.com.ar/.

14. HR Hotel Reconquista Garden****, Esmeralda 675 at Viamonte. Rates: US$80-180+IVA. Tel: (+54-11) 4830-2200 - Fax: (+54-11) 4830-2212. http://www.reconquistagarden.com.ar/.

15. Tritone Hotel***, Maipú 657 at Viamonte. Rates: US$51-115. Tel: +54 11 4325-8955. http://www.tritonehotel.com.ar/en/.

16. Amerian Buenos Aires Park Hotel****, Reconquista 699 at Viamonte. Rates: US$89-130p. Tel: +54 11 5171 6500. Fax: +54 11 5032 5101. http://www.amerian.com/hotel-amerian-buenos-aires-park-hotel.

17. Hotel Facon Grande***, Reconquista 645/49 near Viamonte. Rates: Single US$48+. Tel: (+54-11) 4312-6360/69. http://www.hotelfacongrande.com/servicios.htm.

18. Hotel Concorde***, 25 de Mayo 630 at Tucumán. Rates: US$31-53. Tel: (+54-11) 4313-2018. Fax: 5128-9005. www.concordehotel.com.ar.

19. Hotel Residencial Salliquelo, 25 de Mayo 616 at Tucumán. Rates: US$85-360. Tel: 02394 48-0018. http://www.residencialsalliquelo.com/.

20. Hotel Panamericano*****, Carlos Pellegrini 551 at Lavalle. Rates: US$154-821+IVA. Tel: (+54 11) 4348-5000. www.panamericano.us http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3283.

21. Gran Hotel Colon****, Carlos Pellegrini 507 at Lavalle. Rates: US$59+. Tel: (+54-11) 4320-3500, Fax: (+54-11) 4320-3507. http://www.exehotelcolon.com/EN/hotel.html.

22. Argentina Tango Hotel***, Suipacha 545 at Lavalle. Rates: US$34+. Tel/Fax: (+54-11) 4322-3434. www.atangohotel.com.

23. Hotel Boutique Alma de Buenos Ayres, Suipacha 536 at Lavalle. Rates: US$60. Tel: 011 4326-3505. http://www.almadebuenosaires.com.ar/es/index.html.

24. Hotel Suipacha Inn**, Suipacha 515 at Lavalle. Rates: 450p-820. Tel: (00 54-11) 4322-0099. www.hotelsuipacha.com.ar.

25. Howard Johnson Davinci Hotel****, Tucumán 857. Rates: 600p-650p. Tel: (+54-11) 5031-8002. http://www.davincihotel.com.ar/ http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2587.

26. Rochester Classic, Esmeralda 542 at Lavalle. Rates: US$60. Tel: Esmeralda 542. http://www.rochester-hotel.com.ar/classic/.

27. Hotel RH, Rochester Concept****, Maipú 572 near Lavalle. Rates: US$48-61+IVA Tel: (+54-11) 4328-3930/3943, Reservas: (+54) (11) 5256-1060. http://www.rochester-hotel.com.ar/en/.

28. Grand King Hotel****, Lavalle 560, near Florida. Rates: US$87-300. Tel: (+54-11) 4393-4012. http://www.grandking.com.ar http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2423.

29. Esmeralda Palace Hotel***, Esmeralda 527/43 at Lavalle. Rates: US$62-73. Tel/Fax: (+54-11) 5811-0317, Tel: 800-777-3763. www.hotelesmeralda.com.ar.

30. Hotel Frossard, Tucumán 686 at Tucumán. Rates: ___. Tel: 011 4322-1811. http://www.hotelfrossard.com.ar/.

31. Galerias Hotel, Tucumán 651 at Maipu. Rates: US$112. Tel: 011 4312-3003. http://www.galeriashotel.com.ar/.

32. Hotel Claridge, Tucumán 535 at San Martin. Rates: US$50-101. Tel: 011 4314-7700. http://www.claridge.com.ar/EN/hotel.html.

33. Vista Sol Hotel Buenos Aires, Tucumán 451 at San Martin. Rates: US$74-135. Tel: 011 5273-2500. informes@vistasolhotels.com http://www.vistasolhotels.com/es/index.html.

34. HR Hotel Reconquista Plaza****, Reconquista 602 at Tucumán. Rates: US$60+IVA. Tel: (+54-11) 4311-4600 - Fax: (+54-11) 4311-3302. http://www.hotelreconquistaplaza.com/ http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2586.

35. Hotel Lafayette****, Reconquista 546 near Lavalle. Rates: US$90+. Tel/Fax: (+54-11) 4393-9081/9182/9283/9385/9486/9584. Fax Reservas: (+54-11) 4393-2728. http://www.lafayettehotel.com.ar/english/home.htm.

36. Tucumán Palace Hotel**, Tucumán 384. Rates: US$¬¬¬45+. Tel: (+54-11) 4311-2298/3555. Fax: (+54-11) 4311-2298. http://www.tucumanpalace.com.ar/.

37. Suites Catalinas Hotel, Tucumán 313 at 25 de Mayo. Rates: US$44-84. Tel: 011 4314-1400. http://www.suitescatalinas.com.ar/EN/hotel.html.

38. Hotel Regis Orho, Lavalle 813 at Esmeralda. Rates: US$87-113. Tel: 011 4327-2605. http://www.hotel-regis.com.ar/.

39. Hotel El Cabildo*, Lavalle 748 at Esmeralda. Rates: US$43-65. Tel: (+54 11) 4322-6745. Email: http://www.hotelelcabildo.com/.

40. Hotel Maipo*, Esmeralda 474 at Lavalle. Rates: 145p-430. Tel: +54 11 4328-4907. http://hotelmaipo.com/.

41. Hotel Plaza Roma***, Lavalle 110 at Bouchard. Rates: 500p-900. Tel: (+54-11) 4312-7436, Tel/Fax: (+54-11) 4311-0839/1679, 4312-7436, 4314-0666/0948. Email: www.hotelplazaroma.com.ar.

42. Hotel Las Naciones****, Avenida Corrientes 818 at Esmeralda. Rates: US$90. Tel: (00 54-11) 5371-3000, Fax: 5371-3090. http://www.hotellasnaciones.com.ar/htm/esp_contacto.php.

43. Hotel Nh Jousten****, Avenida Corrientes 240 at 25 de Mayo. Rates: US$67-117. Tel: (+54-11) 4321-6750, Reservations: +1 646 568 4743. Email: nhjousten@nh-hotels.com http://www.nh-hotels.com/hotel/nh-collection-buenos-aires-jousten.

44. Obelisco Center, Diag. Pte. Roque Sáenz Peña, 991 at Carlos Pellegrini. Rates: US$54-302. Tel: 011 4326-0909. http://www.obeliscohotel.com.ar/es/index.php.

45. Hotel Nh Latino****, Suipacha 309 at Sarmiento. Rates: Single or Double US$105+IVA, Triple or Suite US$175+. Tel: (+54-11) 4321-6700. Reservations: +1 646 568 4743. www.nh-hoteles.com.

46. HR Luxor Hotel Buenos Aires, Avenida Pres. Roque Sáenz Pena 890 at Sarmiento. Rates: US$72-97. Tel: 011 4328-9400. http://www.hrluxor-hotel-buenos-aires.com/.

47. Village Garden Hotel**, Suipacha 250 at Diagonal Norte (Av. Pte. R. Sáenz Pena). Rates: Single US$62+. Tel: +54 11 4326-7879. http://www.hotelvillagegarden.com.ar/espanol/.

48. Conte Hotel****, Carlos Pellegrini 101 at Diagonal Norte Pte. R. Sáenz Pena. Rates: US$66+. Tel: (+54-11) 4000-9350. Fax: (+54-11) 4000-9359. www.conte-hotel.com.ar.

49. Gran Hotel Argentino***, Carlos Pellegrini 37 at Diagonal Norte. Rates: Single or Double US$35-65, Tel: (+54-11) 4334-4001/02, Fax: (+54-11) 4334-4001/02. http://www.hotel-argentino.com.ar.

50. Hotel Marbella, Avenida de Mayo 1261 at Av. 9 de Julio. Rates: 390p-660p. Tel: (+54 11) 4383-8566/3573 - FAX: (+54 11) 4383-2338. http://www.hotelmarbella.com.ar/ http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3102.

Hotel List Web Sites

1. http://unfccc.int/files/meetings/cop_10/application/pdf/hotels_ba.pdf.

2. https://www.expedia.com/Buenos-Aires-Hotels.d178242.Travel-Guide-Hotels.

Yvrcanadian
05-18-22, 22:24
Coming to BA in Jan 2023. Looking for a hotel that is nice and will not look funny at me if I bring chicas up to the room, or if chicas visit me for outcall services. Are all BA hotels open to chica visiting the guests? I suppose if they dress like an obvious hooker, that might be a problem for the front desk. But if they dress normally, and come up to my hotel room, will there be an issue? Planning to stay in Microcentro. Any recommendations will be appreciated.