PDA

View Full Version : Periplo Bar

Jackson
01-01-05, 02:00
Periplo Bar M.T. de Alvear 554 (in the Microcenter)
4311-2885 / 3519
www.periplo-pub.com.ar

Map Link: http://www.cybermapa.com.ar/default.asp?sec=res_dir&opcion=%5bACTION%3dOPCION%5d%5bPAIS%3d%5d%5bPROVINCIA%3dCORDOBA%5d%5bCIUDAD%3dGENERAL%20SAN%20MARTIN%5d%5bLOCALIDAD%3dVILLA%20MARIA%5d%5bCALLE1%3dDE%20ALVEAR%2c%20M%2e%20T%2e%2c%20AV%2e%5d%5bCALLE2%3d%5d%5bALTURA%3d554%5d%5bPOSX%3d%2d63%2e233691%5d%5bPOSY%3d%2d32%2e413716%5d%5bZOOM%3d3%5d%5bUSUARIO%3d1000%5d%5bUSERIP%3d200%2e114%2e190%2e132%5d%5bLAYERS%3d%5d

Located directly behind the Marriott Hotel, this place is open for business in the early evening to service the business men staying at the Marriott. However, there are rarely more than a half dozen women working there, and the selection is typically disappointing. Still, you never know when you're going to find a gem.

Amantelondres
03-05-05, 12:16
I have been going to Periplo (opposite Marriot Plaza in M.T.Alvear) for many years and been fairly lucky but in recent years the quality has been going down and the prices up. However, last year the management changed, the place looks nicer, the prices have come down and the quality/quantity has improved. Has anyone had any experiences there recently? They have an excellent barman, Bauer, 60ish, white hair and really super guy.

Hobby Fan
04-05-05, 12:30
I went to Periplos Monday at about midnight. I spotted a very nice looking woman with a cute face and very curly shoulder length brown hair. I motioned for her to join me. 'Sandra.' After a drink and conversation in Spanish, I invited her to leave. Based on forum input, I prefer not to discuss money unless they want to do so. Tawdry, and I will pay going rate anyway. She looked at me and said she did want me to know that it would be 500 Pesos. I was quite surprised and said nothing for some time, then asked if she was serious. Yes.

I think prevailing logic is that I should have walked out. But I liked her and did not want to end on bad terms, and just said nothing at all for a bit, then said that 500 was more than Black, more than I had ever heard, and that maybe I had come across as never being in BA before. She quickly lowered to 300 and I said I was just not going to respond, that she may be worth 500 or more, but (using another Capt. Dave line) if I pay her 300 or 500 I have to pay everyone that. I said again I was not responding, and that I do not answer quotes like 300 or 500. Then she went to 200. I suspected that would be 60 minutes, not 61, and that this would be the end of things. So I asked about time. She indicated that time was no problem, 1.5 to 2 hours would be OK. She was really cute and I figured 200 for 2 hours would not violate Jackson thinking about overpaying. I did say ¨pago despues¨ and she said no problem, I trust you. (All in Spanish, she does not speak English).

Session was very good. Very responsive. Then a super hard back massage, which I like, in addition to normal range of activities. She is studying massage and will be great at it. Great body too, apparently no kids yet, 25 years old.

On leaving after just a bit less than 1.5 hours (but that was fine with me, and we were both sleepy), she happily accepted 200. I did not want to pay less at that point. She did ask for 10 taxi money. I gave it to her. As she put money away, she showed me 100 Euros and $ 50 US, which some bloke had paid her instead of 500 pesos. Works out to about 550, and she did say he had tipped. I think she did not want to be rude, but wanted me to know someone really had paid 500. But I did not like being treated as cheap, and also did not particularly like being shown and told I was the second round of the night. I politely told her I was impressed and would not bother her again with my cheap 200 pesos. She backed off once again and said she likes me and that is more important than money. (Unless the guy with that money is around, I presume!).

She was a good lady, on balance, but Marriott Hotel may impact pricing. I don't think I would head back soon, but it is an OK club. No music, no dancing. But that is good for talking.

HF

Hunt99
04-05-05, 14:57
Periplo is a very interesting place. There is a very large turnover of girls, even in the course of a few nights, so it can be "hit or miss". They're all freelancers, and while not on the payroll of the bar they are required to observe decorum, which includes not bothering you unless you motion them over.

Exon123
04-05-05, 15:40
Periplo is a very nice club near Fabiana's new apartment.

Fabiana is one of my Amor's for you Newbie's whom might be just joining the board and I spent sometime and money re-doing her new apartment. Why You Ask ? Ive been seeing her for three years and frankly I recieved more pleasure from her than I paid for so I thought I'd help her out.

Anyway, I was with a bunch of Mongers and we had just reviewed the re-modeling of Fabiana apartment and I pulled the Mongers into Periplo for some resurch.

My friend Eddie from Southern California, a Monger I had met on a previouse trip to B.A. speaks excellent Spanish. The Chica's in their seam to be of a higher class than a lot of clubs and I asked Eddie to get some price quotes, I was interested

Well it seams their two Prices.

One, the " Nose Picker " price.

This is for dumb Tourists that are staying at the Marriott Hotel across the street, its $500 pesos. This is more than likely where Hobby Fan's "Sandra", (posted below), got the $100 Euro note plus the $50 dollars rather than the $500 peso's she was quoting. From a Tourista staying at the high rent Marriott

Two the Argentine Price.

This is $200 peso's which i'd probably pay if I found the right girl.

Its an excellent club which I recommemd, but please Mongers let's not get carried away with pricing, B.A. is starting to see real inflation which is not good for any of us. keep your quote in the $200 peso range.

Thanks Exon

Hobby Fan
04-05-05, 15:47
I agree with Exon -- in fact I logged on to edit my prior post to be clear that the club is a good one. But I will leave it as is, as Exon has provided a more balanced view. Prices are a bit higher even if you understand the system, but if you play it carefully, you will not pay all that much more than, say, at Ness.

25 for whiskey (Old Smuggler), 35 for Chica drink, 200 to salir is a bit much if you are counting pesos. But hey, the women are in business suits or nice dresses instead of underwear. There is no thumping music and when I was there there was no thick cloud of cigarette smoke. The bartender was very nice. There was no pressure. An option for a night you do not feel like hitting the Triangle...

Dickhead
05-15-05, 01:04
I was in here last Saturday around 1 AM and it was deader than a doornail. 2 older, unimpressive chicas. Did a 180 degree spin and booked. YEMV.

TheKnife
05-21-05, 01:20
I was in here last Saturday around 1 AM and it was deader than a doornail. 2 older, unimpressive chicas. Did a 180 degree spin and booked. YEMV.I'm glad I can get the price lower from Periplo. I'm the Eddie Exon was talking about, but I wasn't really into the place but the girlie was nice. No I was deep in my Sperm Management exercises, or lack there of. I'll head in there next week.

AK233
12-28-06, 03:02
An attractive, but very small gentleman's bar, in an unassuming spot, just across the street from the Marriott Plaza Hotel on MTAlvear. You might miss it, but it has a dark wood front and a very small bronze plaque "Periplo" on the door. However, you will not miss the doorman who stands near the street nor the occasional girl who also will be outside.

The girls are just not that pretty. I was staying in the area so would walk past the bar some nights on my way home or to another club. They are all much older (30+) and one woman, I must say, really looked monstrous. One night I did go inside just to see, and one beer cost me 25 p. I did get a little container of popcorn, which was nice. The two girls available at that time were 4's. I asked the heavier one how much she wanted for one hour and she said 100 USD. I just nodded in disbelief. I guess some of the Marriott business guys might pay that, who knows. I don't know how much she really would have gone for, but I was just asking for information. My guess is that you could easily negotiate 150 p. I don't know how much the girl drinks cost.

I did not see any really nice looking girls there at any point. Don't waste your time on a special trip here, you will be disappointed. Most of the other better clubs are just a block or two away.

Hunt99
12-28-06, 15:25
On my visits there have been a number of occasions when there has been good talent on display here. There have been probably an equal number of occasions when there hasn't been anything nice.

The girls here are freelancers including the much-heralded, but rarely spotted "semi-pro". They do vary from night-to-night, and have to lay off of you unless you call them over, and I like that. The older barteder (forget his name) is amiable and pours a stiff drink with the real stuff, not the watered-down local booze poured into imported bottles which is the norm elsewhere.

Is it worth a trip just to survey the talent here? No. But if you're down in microcentro and want a drink and take a look around, and occasionally "find a gem," as Jackson says, then this is a good stop.

Sky Ryder
01-22-07, 12:38
Last night I was walking to the subte station and passed Periplo. It has been a while since I had a drink here and saw the door open and thought I would qunich my thirst with a cold one before continuning the journey.

Sat down and ordered a local favorite. The bartender asked if it was my first time in the bar or if I was staying at the hotel (ie Marriott) I told no, I spent a lot of time here and had been in the bar a number of times.

There was one "lady" in the place (well past the use before date) and I wasn't interested anyway.

Chatted a few minutes while I finished the beer, and then got up to leave. This is where is gets good. I aksed how much for the beer and he told me 25 pesos, I laughed, and put a 10p note on the bar. I was sure it was a chiste!

I smiled a little and he said no it really was 25 p for the beer. I stopped smiling and asked him if he was serious. I said I had one beer in a bar with no other clients and not very good prospects and he was going to try and charge me 25p for a Quillmes!

He said that was the price, I will admit that I raised my voice a little and asked him if he always robs his clients. That didn't get my any brownie points, but I was hot!

I did pay the 25p and walked out telling him that I would make sure that all my friends were aware of the pricing structure (of course this assumes I have some friends)

I know that this place is not one of the most popular, but on occasion is / was entertaining and they do have "real" booze, but for me it is off the list.

Hunt99
01-22-07, 12:59
25 pesos is the normal price for rail drinks and beer here. You weren't singled out for gringo pricing, SR. Call brands are a bit more. For mixed drinks they don't skimp on the pour, which is done right in front of you.

In defense of the place they also feed you tapas for free as part of the fee, but if one is looking for low-priced booze, SR has correctly identified that it is better to drink elsewhere.

This place is truly hit-or-miss, but when I am in Microcentro I make it a point to come by and have a drink. The last time I was downtown here in sex prison and ordered a Tanqueray and Tonic I was presented with a bill for 12 dollars (sans tapas, and more importantly sans available pussy for hire) so I'm not shocked when they charge 25 or 35 pesos.

Our dear Guillermo (RIP - he doesn't post anymore, it seems) once took a fantastic looking semi-pro out of this place, the best-looking trixie I have ever seen in Buenos Aires.

Member #1036
02-15-07, 11:32
I always hit this bar when I come to town and hit it last night around 11 just to warm up for the night out. Nice atmosphere and new bartender from before. Real nice guy. I was the only guy in there to start and about 10 girls here of which 3 were petite, 2 were older but doable and the others downright ugly.

3 gringos walk in and are blind or something but the 3 ugliest girls attack these guys and these poor girls are working the drink angle on them. 25 pesos a shot for them and they drinking like its punch.

Oh well, it was fun watching and time to head out.

Gunner1
07-01-08, 15:11
I am curious that there are no recent posts on this bar. It is expensive, but nice, meaning no hassles, some pretty women (Donna) good bartender, private areas upstairs, most chicas charge 300 pesos, nice mix of ladies, old, young, skinny, voluptuous.

Gunner1
07-01-08, 15:19
And always a 2 drink minimum for both yourself and chica, so 4 beers=110p pesos plus tip.

Monger514
07-01-08, 16:43
I've been in here and actually pulled somebody. (Uh, at the time she was decent looking. Now she hangs out at La Madeleine. Aging is not a pretty thing).

I think the "problem" with this place, at least from the perspective of most members of this forum, is that it's too expensive for its location. Probably it is catering to guests at the Marriott. But if you know your way around town, and you're standing in front of it, then you know you don't have to walk very far to find cheaper girls.

Other than that, I don't think it's a bad place or anything, just not going to appeal to the tacaños (cheapskates) on this board. And for those members that want to spend more money, Recoleta beckons. So many clubs so close together and so many girls.

[Edit] No insult intended to the tacaños, as half the time I am one myself, and the other half I fancy myself a big spender.

Guillermo
02-13-09, 17:00
Our dear Guillermo (RIP - he doesn't post anymore, it seems) once took a fantastic looking semi-pro out of this place, the best-looking trixie I have ever seen in Buenos Aires.Hunt,

The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.:)

Did we know each other in a former life?

Saludos!

Gunner1
02-13-09, 18:56
Monger,

What clubs with cheaper girls are a walking distance from Periplo? I know of Cafe Orleans, Cutty only.

Thomaso276
02-13-09, 19:26
Club Street Walker

Gunner1
02-13-09, 19:47
Now I have seen lots of those "clubs" in that area!

Hunt99
02-14-09, 15:01
Hunt,

The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.:)

Did we know each other in a former life?

Saludos!Ah, you finally broke you out of that Tijuana prison! Was it by tunnel or did you scale the wall?

I always thought that was a trumped up charge. How they got that sheep to testify in Spanish against you, I'll never know. I thought sheep only spoke Welsh.

Guillermo
02-15-09, 15:29
Ah, you finally broke you out of that Tijuana prison! Was it by tunnel or did you scale the wall?Turns out my cellmate was a tranny they picked up in Adelita's. I gave him my last few pesos for his clothes and made my way out with a group of putanas being sent over to a party for the Hefe de Policia.

I have to admit, I don't look half bad as a woman, I'll never get used to those damned high heels though!

Aqualung
02-16-09, 05:16
By the way, those that are interested in knowing, Soledad (Aka SOLE) from Cattos's is working here.

Tequila Tim
03-02-09, 10:09
Briefly stuck my head in the door here yesterday around 9PM since it was next door to my friend's apartment. Chatted with a girl in the doorway and she said the girls are asking for $100US and a chica drink is 70 pesos (didn't inquire about a regular drink) Place is nice though and if I had an expense account staying at the Marriot it would be an option.

Kokopelli
02-04-10, 15:56
Was in BA back in July. I travel globally. A lot. So I had done my research before visiting BA. Arrived on a Saturday morning and stayed at the Marriott until Sunday morning before going up North a bit. Went for a walk to Gysell's Place and had a large time with Veronica. Great attitude and banging body! Later that day I stopped by Orleans (I think that's the place on the corner that looks like a coffee shop) About a dozen ladies were present and one sharp looking brunette offered me her services for something like US$250 as she was aware that is what "the going rate was in America". I walked and seemed to have forgotten her name. Walking back to the Marriott from Orleans I had a couple of young women try to drag me into a club on a side street, managed to extricate myself, and stopped in for a Kilkenny at an Irish bar for quick pint before meeting business associates for dinner. After dinner, I was walking by Periplo (behind the Marriott) and I spoke for a bit to a slightly thick but sexy young lady by the name of Fernanda. Does anyone know anything about her? I may be back and would like to give her a spin. Anyway, a couple of weeks later I passed back through BA, stayed at the Marriott, and called Gysell's for outcall with Veronica again. Veronica was not in so early (I had just arrived from the airport and wanted a little action) so Gysell's send Kiara. I had heard okay things about her but, in the end, was not so impressed. Seems she smoked a lot and that turns me off a bit. Also, I like them to have a little tighter body. So. Back to the point. Anyone know Fernanda?

Thank you

Jaimito Cartero
02-04-10, 16:21
Yeah, I love it when chicas in other countries quote me prices based from where I'm from. Does she offer to fuck guys from Bolivia for $5 since that's what they may pay there?

TejanoLibre
01-21-14, 12:27
Periplo.

Marcelo T de Alvear 554.

Directly across from the Marriott and almost on the corner of Florida. Next door to a very nice Leather Shop that will make you custom jackets, etc.

Nothing has been posted about this place in years and for good reasons but I walked in a few days ago and I was pleasantly surprised.

It seems that they open around 2 pm and by 5 or 6 pm there are between 15 and 20 girls in there. I can't think of ANY other Chica Bar that opens up that early.

The place is Very nice although they had to remove the Pole! Looks and feels like an old English Pub with tuck and roll leather seating, great fuck booths upstairs, wood paneled walls and a nice selection of single malts. Not too smoky or loud. It would be a fine bar Anywhere in the world.

I have not returned to verify the 15 to 20 Chicas at 6 pm but it's worth a shot if your near by and a must if your staying at the Marriott or anywhere else in the area.

Especially since Orleans is a JOKE! I did meet a Super Chica from Uruguay but she shall remain nameless to protect the innocent for now! Fellow Monger had her for dinner but would not share the details. She is Very attractive.

5 ft .9 in. Tall, dark haired and with a medium build. Not aggressive but some of the others were.

I must have been there 20 minutes and NOBODY asked me what I wanted to drink. No pressure which is very rare in these places.

So maybe we have a new option for the early evening, Happy Hour Hookers.

Have Fun,

TL.

The Doorman Amado and the Manager Sergio seem straight up too.

Don B
01-21-14, 17:00
Periplo.

Marcelo T de Alvear 554.

Directly across from the Marriott and almost on the corner of Florida. Next door to a very nice Leather Shop that will make you custom jackets, etc.

Nothing has been posted about this place in years and for good reasons but I walked in a few days ago and I was pleasantly surprised.

It seems that they open around 2 pm and by 5 or 6 pm there are between 15 and 20 girls in there. I can't think of ANY other Chica Bar that opens up that early.

The place is Very nice although they had to remove the Pole! Looks and feels like an old English Pub with tuck and roll leather seating, great fuck booths upstairs, wood paneled walls and a nice selection of single malts. Not too smoky or loud. It would be a fine bar Anywhere in the world.

I have not returned to verify the 15 to 20 Chicas at 6 pm but it's worth a shot if your near by and a must if your staying at the Marriott or anywhere else in the area.

Especially since Orleans is a JOKE! I did meet a Super Chica from Uruguay but she shall remain nameless to protect the innocent for now! Fellow Monger had her for dinner but would not share the details. She is Very attractive.

5 ft .9 in. Tall, dark haired and with a medium build. Not aggressive but some of the others were.

I must have been there 20 minutes and NOBODY asked me what I wanted to drink. No pressure which is very rare in these places.

So maybe we have a new option for the early evening, Happy Hour Hookers.

Have Fun,

TL.

The Doorman Amado and the Manager Sergio seem straight up too.I used to rent a great apartment right next door but at that time it was a complete waste of time.

However one night as I was returning to my apartment there was a keeper standing outside.

She quickly accepted my invitation and spent the first of many nights over several years.

Don B.

Lucas90
03-15-14, 08:02
Stopped by on a Tuesday around midnight. Beer at the bar was 100 pesos. Only three or four chicas and not much happening. One came over to chat and was told that most of the other girls were already out on salidas so it may be better to arrive earlier. Comfortable enough place and they have a darkened area upstairs where you could probably make out in private. Not tempted though by what I saw and moved on later to Hook.

Tireseus
10-03-14, 15:33
I had never been to Periplo, was my last night this trip and needed my ashes hauled in the worst (or should I say best?) way. Noelia was by far the best looking one in the place. A couple of other cute ones and a few real fuglies. I had too many pesos left over so I settled with her at AR 2,000 for all big including BBBJ, cola and anal. She was a MILF, I would say mid 30's with bolt one that are just starting to give way to gravity, but nice big perky nipples. And a completely shaved kitty.

Well, I'm sure a number of you would disagree, but for $133.00 I got the best hobbying experience of my life, and I've been at it since Nixon left the White House. A very high level of enthusiasm (faking? Very possibly, but I don't care since I'm paying for a fantasy) - a real professional. Wet, sloppy blowjob leading to 69' which led to her rimming me while I licked her with my finger up to the third knuckle in her ass. Cowgirl followed by doggy, missionary followed by anal cowgirl followed by anal reverse cowgirl. I finally came in her mouth while she gave my prostate a little nudge from the inside.

There's something to be said for experience. She read me like a book and flicked me like a proper working girl. Probably the best $133 I've ever spent.

Looks -7. 0.

Sex - 10.

Attitude - 10.

Thomaso276
10-03-14, 20:58
This bar serves the financially, politically and socially connected clients that live in the Plaza San Martin area. As well as the tourists from the Plaza Hotel. I do no think they will allow bad attitude chicas to work there. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

WorldTravel69
10-04-14, 12:44
I rented an apartment next door to the club.

I picked up a chica from the club.

We agreed on a price, downstairs outside the club. In the room she wanted more, just as we got started in bed.

I had to drag her out of the apartment screaming. Luckily there was not any other people in their apartments on the floor. Or they did not care.

Security called up and asked what happened. I told them she was a nuts. I talked to the doorman at the club and explained what happened; he spoke English so everything was taken care of.

This bar serves the financially, politically and socially connected clients that live in the Plaza San Martin area. As well as the tourists from the Plaza Hotel. I do no think they will allow bad attitude chicas to work there. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Thomaso276
10-04-14, 22:35
As I said "This bar serves the financially, politically and socially connected ".

Just kidding.

WorldTravel69
02-11-16, 08:15
Tape on the door, closed.