PDA

View Full Version : Ayres de Recoleta

EZE_Amante
03-22-05, 12:35
This is not a recommendation since I have never stayed at this hotel. Mayra sent me the following link: http://www.ayresderecoleta.com/ and said the hotel is new and very nice, offers high speed internet, and she can get a great rate.

EZE :)

Miami Bob
03-25-05, 22:49
What does Myra offer?

EZE_Amante
03-26-05, 08:51
She did not give me a quoted rate, she only said she could get better than the rack rate. Email her at mayra@argentinatravelservices.com for more info. Feel free to tell her Alan recommended her service if you like. She has done very well for me in the past.

EZE :)

Water Rat
03-27-05, 14:59
I stayed there last week 70USD a night, breakfast was a voucher at one of 3 local spots. Very friendly staff, no prolem with guests. Clean, well furnished. Internet in a private area of the lobby - 2 computers. Location was excellent. Safe (security guard after midnight).

The Truth
03-27-05, 20:16
I paid $75/night though Myra (rack rate is $100). I posted a review on it. Only drawback is construction noise in the mornings from building next door. Best location in town IMHO.

SobeLizzard
07-19-05, 17:20
I paid $63/ nite plus VAT tax.

This is about the best location in Buenos Aires.

You have a cineplex with 16 screens, bookstore, Italian rest, caffe,

Parking for your guest, a policemen on everyblock from 9pm to 6am,

1/2 block from Madahoe, 3 1/2 blocks to Blacks, more than 15 restaurants to choose from. It's like living in Universal Studios with all the tourist and local hanging out.

The rooms are new and contemporary. Definetely up to US standards.

I would rate the hotel a 4 star considering the location, size of the room, modern furniture, comfort level. It's pretty close to Las Vegas standards at the Hilton althought the Hilton has 14 foot ceilings. But nevertheless, it is 100 times better than living at the Penn Hotel in New York which is a total Flea bag hotel with mildew and 20 years of dirt and mildew trapped in the rooms.

Hi SobeLizzard,

Given that you're talking about a place that is one block from my apartment, then all the same accolades apply to my place. However, my apartment is 25% cheaper than the Ayres de Recoleta rack rate.

Thanks,

Jackson

Donsat
07-20-05, 03:20
Is Ayres de Recoleta girl friendly, does it have internet in the rooms. Were did you book to get $63 rate.

El Aleman
07-20-05, 08:24
Donsat,

I have stayed there a few nights, but with family. So it is not direct own experience, but I think it is chica friendly - I have seen a girl that was 95% working coming in. And, it is a rather small thing, just 2 guys working the front desk. And Argentine men usually understand the needs of their fellow men.

I don't think it has internet access in the rooms, but 2 computers in a concealed corner of the lobby. When I used one of them, the forum was on place 3 or 4 of the browser's "recent addresses" pulldown list.

And you$S 63 is a very good rate, way less than I paid through Mayra. On the other hand, I was there early April, higher season.

Hope that helps,

El Alemán

Metkim
08-14-05, 17:36
I stayed there and it is a great little hotel, I paid $76 per night (tax was included) There is internet in the room, I had no problem bringing a girl, they even let me check out at 4:30. The only drawback is that if you are a smoker, you can't smoke in the rooms.

Geo Eye
08-14-05, 19:04
Was that 76 pesos or 76 dollars?

Thanks

Metkim
08-15-05, 22:43
It was $76 dollars.

Orang05
04-26-06, 23:16
I picked Ayres rather blindly from the Internet for 5 nights starting the evening before Easter Sunday. While I know some who have posted on this forum had a not-=so-good time there, my entire experience was good, and well worth the US$82/ night (plus tax) I paid.

The room was large, clean, comfortable, and well-appointed. I had asked for a room in the back (quieter that way) and was accommodated. So, too, a non-smoking room. The reception staff were efficient on arrival and helpful throughout my stay. The breakfast, a few steps down the street at a small cafe (apparently not associated with the hotel) was pleasant and, if not spectacular, certainly satisfying. The small pool was relaxing and the free internet off the lobby was appreciated. The location is excellent.

I do a great deal of traveling (mostly in Asia) and Ayers de Recoleta stood up very well to nicer places in which I have stayed in that region, or for that matter, in Canada and the US. One certainly could not have gotten the quality of room for that price in Hong Kong or Shanghai, nor I suspect in Rio.

It was not the Marriott or the Sheraton, but as I am not into US$200+ per night accomodations, I am into clean, spacious, comfortable and well-run hotels that provide fair value.

Ayres was all of that and I would stay there again.

Water Rat
05-08-06, 01:23
I have stayed there and it is very clean, comfortable and friendly. The expedia rate tonight is $90, but I am trying to get a better rate for my next visit later this month.

They were great about taking messages. My flight was delayed and so I had a few friends calling to confirm dinner plans and another for other plans. I think that the guy at the front desk felt sorry for me - sorry for him

Fedora
12-16-06, 14:37
Positive: Rooms are fairly nice, though certainly not spectacular. The staff is very friendly and efficient. It's close to clubs in Recoleta.

Negative:

-Air conditioner in my room didn't work properly so it was very hot when it was hot outside. (According to Ayi there's a general problem with the air conditioners there, it's not just my room.

-They are somewhat strict about asking for ID from visiting girls. At other hotels I've stayed at, they never asked for ID. At Ayres, if the girls don't' have ID, you have to fill out a form for them – it's a bit uncomfortable. I also had to listen to lectures from the receptionist about how dangerous it is to have non-id'ed girls in my room. When they left, he would call up and as if I was okay. I guess that's sweet, in a way, but I didn't need it.

I paid $125 pr night. I booked very late and via Mayra.

I had what they call a 'penthouse' but that only means that there's a rather large balcony. The room is identical to other rooms. Unless you plan to spend a lot of time sitting on your balcony, it's a waste of money.

Combo
12-17-06, 03:17
Hi Fedora,

I'll be at the Ayres de Recoleta in January. I'm wondering was there any indication that the A / C problem was being worked on? I'd hate to be with no A / C in the middle of their summer.

DrVolcano
12-18-06, 00:46
I've stayed at Ayres de Recoleta twice in the past 2 months and found this place to be very pleasent and above all, is perfectly located for all the clubs in Recoleta.

During both my stays, the A / C was working fine. The only problem I encountered was during my first trip, when internet connectivity was unstable.

More importantly, I never encountered any trouble in bringing girls back. I brought a total of 5 girls back during my stays and not once was I asked for the girl's ID and checked if I was ok after the girls left. The only reaction I ever got was the hotel staff gazing jealously at my 'take-aways'.

I personally have no problems in recommending this place.

Hunt99
12-18-06, 01:33
More importantly, I never encountered any trouble in bringing girls back. I brought a total of 5 girls back during my stays and not once was I asked for the girl's ID and checked if I was ok after the girls left. The only reaction I ever got was the hotel staff gazing jealously at my 'take-aways'.

I personally have no problems in recommending this place.The reason why many hotels require girls to show ID at the front desk is for your protection. The chances of a guest being robbed / drugged / burglarized by a chica drops a huge amount when she knows that her identity can be given to the police if there is a problem.

You guys who are too ashamed to register your guests at a hotel should find yourselves another hobby. Every employee knows which guests are bringing hookers back to their rooms, and your wanting to keep the hotel in the dark as to their identities is just silly.

Starfe
12-18-06, 02:53
That the front desk checks the girl in and when she leaves my room they always call to see if everything is ok. I expect that service now. Its become routine.

Combo
12-18-06, 23:09
I totally agree with Hunt and Starfe. That's one advantage of being in a hotel vs. an apartment. You know nothing about that beautiful girl you're bringing up to your room. The hotel asking for her ID diminishes the possibility that she'll rob or drug you and also that you'll be busted for boning an underage chick.

Josht69
01-10-07, 17:19
You all might be interested that this hotel was recommended to me by someone at the Universidad de Buenos Aires. They do not know of my non-academic interests, but I am not complaining. I have not stayed there yet (I will be in BA in March 2007) but it seems ideal.

Orang05
01-10-07, 23:02
You heard right. I stayed there a week last spriong and it was guest friendly and provided excellent service. Great location. If a hotel is your choice, this is a good one.

Pantherman38
07-05-07, 18:05
How do I receive the best rate for this hotel? I read an earlier post regarding that there is a member of this forum that could get the best rate.

Lueck Hoff
07-06-07, 12:14
I stayed in the hotel in November 2005 for three weeks. I got a 10 % discount.

By booking through mayra.

The price was 82 dollar a day, tax included. With this price I had to pay in advance on the first day.

Now when I look at their website, the price is 125 dollar a day, tax not included. So even if you get a discount, it seems overpriced to me.

But if you are willing to pay this price, you may consider of going to Europe, especially Spain, where you will find all the real beautyful argentinian women,

Who left their country during the crisis.

After all: The hotel is good, excellent location and no problems to bring the chicas in. But you have to get a room at the backside, the frontside is very.

Noisy.

Lueck Hoff

El Perro
07-06-07, 15:49
San Sebastian and the Med. CoastPlenty in Madrid.

JuanCaminante
07-06-07, 17:25
Plenty in Madrid.Plenty in Madrid, but in July and August they go on "holiday" to the coast and the islands.

Just following the good customers.

Mercboy
10-26-07, 14:53
Checked in here again. It's nothing special, but clean, modern, internet, kitchenette and a great location. $99 plus tax through Mayra. Request a room with exposure to the back to avoid lots of noise.

DosLuna
11-23-07, 09:03
Just checked in for a 2 day stay, and as usual Mayra came through and booked me a good rate of $90AR plus tax, considering, the place was booked full and the price had gone up. On the downside, its 8am and my room won't be ready for a couple of hours. However, I do get to use their internet and was given a voucher for breakfast at the corner restaurant.

BundaLover
11-24-07, 14:40
Is that price still possible in 2007?

It does not sound correct.

DosLuna
11-24-07, 17:53
Is that price still possible in 2007?

It does not sound correct.Yes, if your lucky enough to get Mayra to book it for you.

BundaLover
11-24-07, 21:26
So back in 2005 Mayra obtained this (see below posting)

"Ayres de Recoleta.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stayed in the hotel in November 2005 for three weeks. I got a 10 % discount.

By booking through Mayra.

The price was 82 dollar a day, tax included. With this price I had to pay in advance on the first day.

Now when I look at their website, the price is 125 dollar a day, tax not included. So even if you get a discount, it seems overpriced to me."

And 2 years later the price is one third what it was?

OK ummmmm

Can Mayra book a few girls for me and all my restruants too?

Nine Deholio
11-25-07, 04:21
I stayed at Ayres in March 07 and paid 89 with one night 120 or close to it. It's close to a lot of stuff and I wish I'd know about the back being quiet. I was on 8 level. It was OK - the desk guys treated me very well. The breakfast voucher is at a good spot.

Best of Luck Nine Deholio

BundaLover
11-25-07, 21:12
I stayed at Ayres in March 07 and paid 89 with one night 120 or close to it. What currency?

How was it booked?

DosLuna
11-28-07, 18:27
Got some PMs about the rate. It is in US dollars not AR pesos, plus tax, total bill came out to $115US per day with a voucher for a good semi breakfast: 3 media lunas, coffee, juice, fruit cocktail, and some ham / cheese, located down the street at 'del pilar' with wireless access. Sorry for the confusion.