PDA

View Full Version : Airport Exit Fee

Sportsman
04-10-05, 02:14
I don't remember reading about this but there is a Airport Exit Fee when you leave BA. The cost is about 56p or 18 USD. Both pesos and USD were acceptable. I also saw a sign for either Visa or MC or both.

Check in with your airline and obtain your boarding pass first, then proceed to the window to pay your Exit Fee before going through the security check point.

Daddy Rulz
04-10-05, 03:22
And if it ever happens that you pay the fee and your flight doesn't go, make sure you get a refund before you leave the airport or you will have to pay it again the next day. (I work for an airline and fly standby, I learned this the hardway)

Knuckhead
08-16-05, 23:34
Greetings!

Member #3313 will soon be transiting through EZE on his way to Santiago, Chile. Needless to say, the 8 long hours between the two flights are better spent in the city drilling chicas as opposed to sitting in the airline lounges.

My preliminary plan is to leave the airport, come to town, have a great lunch, and visit two to three privados before heading back to the airport later in the day.

Does anyone know if the airport exit fee applies for such transit situations? Of course, if one never leaves the airport there would be no fee, but it would be near impossible for Member #3313 to be so close to the action and not partake.

Member #3313

Dickhead
08-17-05, 00:26
Although I don't know the answer to your question, I wonder why you would go to Santiago, Chile, which really is a boring city. BORING BORING BORING. I would be more than willing to pay the 58 peso exit fee at EZE not to go to Chile, where by the way they will charge you $100 US to enter the country.

Daddy Rulz
08-17-05, 03:30
Does anyone know if the airport exit fee applies for such transit situations? Of course, if one never leaves the airport there would be no fee, but it would be near impossible for Member #3313 to be so close to the action and not partake.

Member #3313Yes Member #3313 you would have to pay the $18.00. As far as Argentina is concerned if you never clear customs and immigration than you never entered the country. It's like that area on piso1 is a sort of no mans land, not Argentina and not the country you came from or where you are going. I will defer to Richard T about Chile, never having been there myself.

I would be of the opinion that it would be worth the remis back and forth and the you$S18.00 to not be tortured by the duty free chicas for 8 hours and not being able to fuck. Shit thats like being buried in peanut butter sandwiches without any milk to drink. Go to town, have a steak hit Orleans go to the Transitorio then go back out and clear customs and leave.

El Aleman
08-17-05, 07:16
Or just forget about Santiago and stay in BA.

MiddleAgeGuy
08-17-05, 19:52
Interesting that the Government $US18 Airport Fee has remained at $US18 while the Peso equiv. Floats all over the place. On pesofication, every other utility service fee, (I. E. The privatized gas, electric, water, telephone, cable, loans) were forced to switch to pesos @1:1.

Sort of a "good for the goose, not for the gander" story.

MAG

Knuckhead
08-17-05, 22:19
Thanks fellows for the information regarding the exit fee.

I do agree it is extremely tempting to just stay in Buenos Aires and not cotinue on to Santiago. Part of being a Member #3313 however, dictates to me that I have to go there and get it out of my system. Although it does not even begin to approach Nibu Raphael levels of explorations, somehow there's still a little bit of a "tourist" left in me.

Sky Ryder
08-22-05, 21:38
Not that it is really important, but the EZE airport is a private facicility that pays the government for the "opportunity" to operate the airport. The same company also runs the airport in MVD. That is one reason that when you buy Duty Free you pay in dollars not pesos, also why some of the taxes are in "hard currenecy" instead of pesos.

To the best of my knowledge the landing fees are still paid in dollars as well.

But hey I could be wrong.

Sportsman
03-08-09, 02:48
I read on Flyertalk that EZE exit fee has increased from $18 to $29 effective MAR 1. And the fee will be included in the price of the tickets that are issued after MAR 1.

Info is still scratchy.

Can anyone confirm that?

Sportsman
03-08-09, 03:11
I did dummy bookings on UA, AA, and DL, there were no breakdown of the exact fees. But in LAN, the breakdown for a July ticket is:

Fare Detail Adult
Fare 624.00
Other Charges (Q) 70.00
Fare (Total) US$ 694.00

Tax details
US CUSTOMS USER FEE (YC) 5.50
DOMEST TRANSP TAX (MIA-7,5%) (US) 16.10
DOMEST TRANSP TAX (MIA-7,5%) (US) 16.10
US ANIMAL AND PLANT (XA) 5.00
US FEDERAL INSPECTION FEE (XY) 7.00
USA CIVIL AVIATION SECURITY SE (AY) 2.50
AIRPORT TAX ARGENTINA (XR) 29.00
INMIGRATION TAX ARG. (QO) 10.00
SECURITY TAX ARGENTINA (TQ) 2.50
PASSENGER CHARGE (XF) 4.50
Tax US$ 98.20

Total US$ 792.20

Exon123
03-08-09, 09:55
I read on Flyertalk that EZE exit fee has increased from $18 to $29 effective MAR 1. And the fee will be included in the price of the tickets that are issued after MAR 1.

Info is still scratchy.

Can anyone confirm that?The MotherFucking CockSuckers.

Exon

ComeOnDown
03-08-09, 11:30

Info is still scratchy.

Can anyone confirm that?Its confirmed! I just purchased a ticket from my travel agent and I was informed that the new airport fee of US$ 29 is included in the ticket. I asked him to show me in the ticket the amount in question. Well, its there - Arg. Pesos 105.85 XR (US$ 29 * 3.65)

Dios mio even the Ezeiza Airport is getting into the act of increasing prices like there is no tomorrow.

Facundo
03-08-09, 12:23
Its confirmed! I just purchased a ticket from my travel agent and I was informed that the new airport fee of US$ 29 is included in the ticket. I asked him to show me in the ticket the amount in question. Well, its there - Arg. Pesos 105.85 XR (US$ 29 * 3.65)

Dios mio even the Ezeiza Airport is getting into the act of increasing prices like there is no tomorrow.Gents,

This was reported on the forum back on 2/08/09

Airport boarding fees.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"La Nacion" reported today that, beginning March 1, the fees for boarding international and local flights will go up 69% and 140% , respectively. Boarding fees for international flights out of Ezeiza will rise from US$18 to US$ 29 and at airports like Jorge Newbery the fees will rise from AR$6.05 to AR$14.50.

Foreigners and locals alike pay these fees.

("La suba para los vuelos internos, la primera desde 1998, será de 139,7%. A partir del 1° de marzo, la tasa será de $ 14,50 contra los 6,05 actuales en los aeropuertos de mayor tráfico, como aeroparque Jorge Newbery why los de Mendoza, Bariloche, Córdoba, Tucumán, Salta e Iguazú.

Para los vuelos internacionales, el aumento será de 61,1% en dólares. Así, la tasa pasará de los US$ 18 actuales a 29 en Ezeiza, Aeroparque why el resto de los aeropuertos más transitados del país")

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/nota.asp...807189&toi=6262

Moore
03-09-09, 03:28
That exit tax had been set at US$ 18.00 for about 10 years, maybe longer.

If they must collect it, one hike per decade doesn't seem so bad relatively.

Gato Hunter
03-09-09, 13:20
I left on Saturday and it was still 18USD at EZE.

Big Travel Guy
03-09-09, 21:09
I left on Saturday and it was still 18USD at EZE.The discrepancy between GH's report, and COD's are interesting. I'm actually kind of interested in this, and not just for the sake of saving the $11, but for global travel ramifications and economic interest generally.

Please keep these first hand reports coming if you have any.

I don't leave till the 25th.

BTG

El Queso
03-09-09, 21:29
Its confirmed! I just purchased a ticket from my travel agent and I was informed that the new airport fee of US$ 29 is included in the ticket. I asked him to show me in the ticket the amount in question. Well, its there - Arg. Pesos 105.85 XR (US$ 29 * 3.65)

Dios mio even the Ezeiza Airport is getting into the act of increasing prices like there is no tomorrow.The part above about the fee included in the price of the ticket - It was my understanding that the airport exit tax is never included in the price of the ticket and you have to go stand in line to pay it.

Maybe it was just that Delta and Continental (the two airlines I use) are not able to put it in, but I thought I had a conversation with a travel agent here who told em that the exit fees are never included in a ticket.

Of course, every ticket I have bought has always included SOME tax, so I'm not saying that taxes in general are not put on a ticket, just questioning the specific exit tax.

But I agree with what Moore said about raising the price after ten years. Although I have little doubt that the money earned from this "tax" is used in ways that most people (myself included) would disapprove, a large hike after 10 years doesn't seem like a very big deal.

ComeOnDown
03-09-09, 23:19
The discrepancy between GH's report, and COD's are interesting. I'm actually kind of interested in this, and not just for the sake of saving the $11, but for global travel ramifications and economic interest generally.

Please keep these first hand reports coming if you have any.

I don't leave till the 25th.

BTGFeeling cheated, I confronted my travel agent to ask him about the discrepancy in the airport terminal fee. As it turns out the new rate of US$ 29 took effect last March 8. Lucky you Gato Hunter, you evaded the new rate by one day.

My agent also said that tickets issued from March 2009 will already include the exit fee. The rationale is this will save the passenger time as its one less queue for him. Makes sense really as it gives me more time to oggle at the promotadoras at the cosmetics department at the duty free. Oh and yes, watch out for the chica who sells carne near the duty free cashier, she complements what she sells as she has the nicest set of lomo in the entire duty free section, hell the entire Ezeiza Airport complex.

Big Travel Guy
03-28-09, 01:12
Was still $18. I just left, and that's what I just paid.

Rock Harders
03-28-09, 04:03
Mongers,

I left on a LAN flight to Miami on Saturday, March 21st and I was told that I did not have to pay an airport tax as it was now included in the price. They attached a sticker to the back of my boarding pass and I was on my way. I believe that all airline tickets booked after a certain date will have the tax (whatever amount it is) included in the price of the ticket. I had booked my ticket only two weeks before.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

Woody10
06-11-09, 21:20
I just got back from Buenos Aires and had the same situation as Rock Harders.

The agents at American put a sticker on the back of my ticket and told me I didn't have to pay a departure tax. I guess it was included in the price of my ticket.

Meforu 2000
06-12-09, 20:27
Hi,

Well let me tell you I am a employee of United, and the tax that you don't have to pay any more is $39.00 US bucks, I would love to pay at the booth is used to be only 17.00 bucks. So it;s nice not to wait in line but it's 39.00 bucks. I'll wait in line to save some bucks.

Meforu