PDA

View Full Version : La Biela

Young & Restless
04-30-05, 12:03
La Biela
Av. Quintana, 596 (Recoleta)
Tel: 4804-0449 / 0432

Here's another place that I read so much about before coming to BsAs and had to stop by.

I ordered a panqueque de la manzana (apple crêpe) and café con leche. Sweets aren't really my thing, but I have to say this was excellent. It was nice to kick back at this outdoor café, but La Biela has other customers besides tourist... pigeons.

The pigeons here were unbelievable. They didn't fly on my table while I was there, but they were all over the sidewalk and if you leave any food on your table, it's like an Alfred Hitchcock movie.

Despite the uninvited guest, I enjoyed the scenery here and thought the food was excellent. Just be sure to bring a newspaper and an umbrella with you.

Incaboy
04-30-05, 17:07
I had my first panqueque de manzana early this morning over at Café Excedra and I enjoyed it very much. The food there is just ok but this item was pretty good. I make crêpes at home all the time but this one was a bit different. It wasn't folded at all. It also had a coating of a sugary syrup that hardened which gave the crêpe a crispy shell.

Too many sweets here have dulce de leche so panqueques de manzana are a nice alternative.

Young & Restless
05-01-05, 11:37
Incaboy,

I took a break while I was trying to wrap up my report and read your post and could not believe my eyes when you mentioned having an apple crêpe at Exedra. The one at La Biela is not folded either, but it's still quite good.

I think a lot of people just see Exedra as a place to drink and pick up chicas, but they have good food there as well. I’ve noticed that you have been sampling other cuisine from there too. If you want to try something simple, but good, try one of there hot sandwiches. They are really good.

Y & R

Hunt99
11-21-05, 13:46
I Sat down here twice last week, having a coffee one time and a diet coke another. Fabulous babe watching. I think the cost of a coffee and a diet coke on one of the occasions was 9 pesos, but my companions and I Sat and enjoyed comparing impressions of prancing poon. Not a bad way to kill an hour.