PDA

View Full Version : La Chacra

Young & Restless
04-30-05, 12:21
La Chacra
Av. Córdoba, 941 (Retiro)
Tel: 4322-1409/4393-4581
http://www.restaurantlachacra.com.ar/

This was hands down my favorite parrilla. While I was reading all the restaurant reviews before I came to BsAs, this place is what I had envisioned an Argentine parrilla being like.

You walk in and to your right they are grilling huge steaks and sausage on the parrilla. The aroma will have your mouth watering. The atmosphere here was nice too. It's a white table cloth restaurant with old rustic wooden architecture.

La Chacra is the place that got me started on my bife de chorrizo trend. The chorrizo that I ordered was listed as the house specialty on the menu, if I'm not mistaken. The steak is brought to your table on a grill and good luck finishing it, as it is about the size of a metropolitan phone book.

Dinner also included an empanita (best one I had in BsAs), bread and a house salad.

I am hardly the wine connoisseur, but I always looked for San Telmo Malbec on the wine list when I went to restaurants. It won't be mistaken for Château Lafite, but it did the trick for me every time. I even brought a case of it back home me (hehehe).

With the wine, my bill came to AP $70. While that may sound somewhat expensive, you cannot even get a steak like this at Ruth’s Chris, but if you could, rest assure it would cost more than 23 bucks.

There are about a gazillion parrillas in BsAs, but of the ones that I went to, this one was my favorite and I highly recommend it.

Spassmusssein
06-03-05, 01:38
Sorry, but maybe the beef was as good as "una concha suave" aside in Exdra. But they are stealing your money. Chacra is absolutely overpriced but with good quality, make up your choice.

Young & Restless
06-03-05, 22:45
Hi Spassmusssein,

Which one do you recommend for my upcoming trip?

Thanks,

Y & R

Stormy
06-04-05, 02:16
Estilo Campo in Puerto Modero and Yugo in Recoleta at Ayachuco and ? are both better as is Parillon on the strip in Recoleta. La Chacra is horribly overpriced probably due to its location right on Cordoba. (More on this later)

Actually, El Establo on Paraguay is better as well.

Hunt99
06-04-05, 11:41
Y&R if you go to Estilo Campo in Puerto Madero (which is a nice, elegant parrilla that I wholeheartedly recommend), ask for Mario to be your waiter. No English, but impeccable, friendly service and good recommendations. Nice place this, rather like Cabana las Lilas but at about half the price.

Dickhead
06-04-05, 12:25
But I do like to pet the cow at La Chacra.

Daddy Rulz
06-04-05, 13:20
I've see you drop trow and try to fuck that cow in a drunken stupor mistaking it for Exons favorita.

If you want a great little barrio parilla, go to retiro take the mitre line three stops to Colegialis. Exit the station on the side street (Cramer) cross the street to the tiny corner place have a Isenbeck liter for 4 pesos and then vacio and a salad for 10 pesos and ride the train back. Finger licking good. Take a date and go to the transitorio a half a block further down and get a hot tub room. Cost is 30 pesos for three hours.

Young & Restless
06-04-05, 17:20
Hey guys,

Petting the cow IS fun!! LOL! Amigos, this was my first trip to BsAs and I don’t think that I even skimmed the surface of the good parrillas there. As mentioned by Spassmusssein, La Chacra was a parrilla that you cannot miss. I saw it everyday on the way to Exedra and the Triangle or wherever. I just thought that I would post it on this forum, because I had a good dinner there.

Anyway, I have an open mind and would like to know what other people’s favorite parrilla is in BsAs. Maybe next time I’ll try your suggestion.

Gracias,

Y & R

Dickhead
06-04-05, 22:49
By the way the cow does not do anal.

Young & Restless
06-04-05, 23:29
By the way the cow does not do anal.

Hehehe....

Stormy
06-05-05, 01:02
No, she does not do anal, but she just stands there and complains afterward about the money.

Daddy Rulz
06-05-05, 03:14
I got some of that. The balance a 2 kilo lomo on her back and if you can finish the lomo before you, er, finish yourself there is no charge for either.

Dickhead
06-05-05, 05:03
A lot of American women fuck like they have been taxidermied and most are fatter and not near as friendly as the Chacra cow. Oh wait a minute; that's a different thread.

Spassmusssein
06-05-05, 14:34
...as stormy wrote is always the better choice. The best "lomo a la pimienta" you will always get in "Broccolino" (as every saturday i tested it yesterday again ;) ).
In Calle Lavalle you have two very simple and cheap places as "Don Galindez" (corner Lavalle y Esmeralda, just eating at the bar and talking with "funny" people around). To sit down and get cheap and "humilde" best beef quality: La Sorteja (Lavalle close to Maipu).
My personal favourite at the moment: "Ninja Bonita" Corrientes close to Rodriguez Pena...best relation between huge space, best beef quality and fair, but relly fair prices...will be there in two hours...;)

Desperado999
06-10-05, 00:11
I like this restaurant. They are well-known for their ribs (asado).

Jaimito Cartero
06-10-05, 03:32
I ate at La Chacra last year, and wasn't impressed. Seemed a little pricey, and they cow never responded to my gentle caressing.