PDA

View Full Version : El Salmon II

Seismo
05-30-05, 17:48
Reconquista 1014

As the name suggests,I had the salmon. A great selection of fish,pastas,goat and rabbit. You will not be able to get a seat 1-3 pm weekdays due to the big following of office workers in the area. Pasta dishes were 6 pesos,salmon was 25 pesos for a large portion. Give it a try when you get tired of steak.

El Salmon I is on the 900 block of the same street but doesn't have as big a selection.

AllIWantIsLove
01-23-06, 12:21
Just tried El Salmón tonight. Had the Salmón Rosado (Pink Salmon) as salmon is one of my favorite meals. I was very disappointed. The salmon was definitely overcooked. Maybe other dishes are OK, I don't know. Here are some other observations.

Not an elegant restaurant by any means. And no atmosphere. Wine by the glass is not available, but they have 187cc bottles available for, if I recall correctly $5 pesos. The Chardonny I had was not bad but a a bit sweet.

A basket of breads and a tasty appetizer of a potato salad and hard salami and proscuitto were delivered to the table automatically and promptly.

There were only a few customers around 9pm and most of them were English speakers.

The waitresses were cute and wore short skirts. One spoke pretty good English.

They delivered a pepper mill to the table with the salmon which I thought was a good idea, but it was the worst pepper mill I've ever used.

There were a number of vegetable plates on the menu and I ordered a plate of brocolli. The menu did not indicate that it was enough for 2 people, although some other items were so indicated, but it sure was. Quite good. They must have put a bit of butter or olive oil on it.

Only 5 grilled fish items on the menu - not what I'd expect from a restaurant named El Salmón.

Several Spanish speaking couples had wandered in by around 9:45.

If you will be eating here alone take a book, the lighting is good enough for reading.

Don't order the salmon.

Bob

Seismo
03-23-12, 12:28
Great lunch specials.

40-50-60 pesos including a bottle of soda and ice cream