PDA

View Full Version : Waldorf Hotel

Donsat
07-20-05, 03:12
Has anyone been in this hotel, Waldorf. Is this hotel girl friendly. Does it have internet in the rooms. The rate is $45 per day. Please let me know. I need to know about the hotel.

Stormy
07-20-05, 12:14
I have not been in this hotel, but it is certainly chica-friendly. A certified professional prostitute and ex-favorita and her sister visited a client there who paid them with a counterfeit 100 peso bill that resulted in a return visit and much arguing until the matter was settled satisfactorily. This would have been about six months ago.

Donsat
07-21-05, 04:30
Does this hotel have internet access in guest rooms. Is it a nice hotel for $40 a night.

Cactus
08-14-05, 19:16
Please, where did you get the $ 45 rate from?

Donsat
08-14-05, 19:43
I got it by seaching in google. Stayxs. Com

Dickhead
08-14-05, 19:58
This, to me, is a two star hotel and I would not pay $45 US for it. The location is good but you could find better for less and even with cab fare come out ahead. Also the street is pretty sleazy.

Sportsman
08-14-05, 20:18
Here are some reviews (http://www.Tripadvisor.Com/Hotel_Review-g312741-d455745-Reviews-Waldorf_Hotel-Buenos_Aires_Capital_Federal_District.html) from "regular tourists", not very promising.

Dodger Bulldog
09-26-05, 01:43
I stayed at the Waldorf one year ago as part of an air/land package deal.

It is definitely chica friendly, as several women from the Cafe Orleans (just around the corner) bring their customers here.

It is also one block from Cutty Sark, and within easy walking distance to the Triangle and Excedra. I never felt any concern about safety issues while walking in the neighborhood at night.

The rooms are small and worn. The phone didn't work, and it took two days to get it replaced. There wasn't much hot water for the shower.

Oh, and after two days of sampling the free breakfast buffet, I just went for my morning coffee and passed on the rest.

Moreover, when I was there, construction was occurring immediately across the street, loudly commencing daily at 6 AM. Maybe it is finished now?

I paid $30 per night, and it is not worth more than that. You can certainly do better.

But if money is tight, and you need to spend all you can on the chicas instead of on rooms and local transportation, this may be an alternative, due to the great location.

But try not to pay more than $30 per night.

DB

Rakusan
04-01-07, 00:42
I stayed across the street in the Gran Hotel Orly on my one visit to BsAs - I thought it was a pretentious flophouse. Sounds as if the Waldorf is too much the same.

I was hoping the Waldorf would be better. Sorry to hear it isn't, because it IS convenient to the Cafe Orleans.