PDA

View Full Version : Golf in BA area

Cactus
08-12-05, 13:54
I am comming to BA in mid Dec. For 3 weeks and am interested in playing a lot of golf.

Are there any gathering places that golfers go to be transported to a club each morning? As a monger in the evenings what area would you suggest I stay in? Apartment or hotel? Is Christmas a big thing there as that is one of the reasons I want to get away from Canada at this time, cold being the second. Many thanks for help for a newby to BA!

Daddy Rulz
08-12-05, 14:44
You couldn't pick a worst time to go monger. Most of the talent is with their families. One of the few times that there are more men than women in the clubs. Supply and demand, when product supply is tight prices go up even on marginal quality.

There's a decent public course in Belgrano but I'm not a golfer so I don't know about hooking up to play.

Flexible Horn
08-13-05, 08:04
Cactus,

I to am a Golfer and when I was in BsAs in December 04 I noticed that in the reception area of my Hotel (Etoile) there was numerous flyers on various subjects. One of these was for a company that picked you up from your hotel, took you to a golf course arranged hire of clubs, shoes etc.

I also believe that one of them will play a round of golf with you, as for cost I never enquired.

Good luck & low scores.

FH

Cactus
08-13-05, 15:34
Many thanks for your help guys!

Jackpot
08-13-05, 20:51
Cactus,

I'll be in BA in December and would be happy to play a round at the Municipal course in Belgrano. Last year, I played one round. Nice course and not to o difficult. CHEAP! It cost 20p after 2 PM for 18 holes. It has a good practice.

Green for putting, and decent chipping area. No driving range. Got to go to.

Costarena and Salguero to use the range and short pitch and putt course.

This is one of the few places to find Pro shops so bring your own because stuff is expensive here.

Played two courses in Bariloche and they are kickass.

Jackpot

Moore
08-15-05, 01:05
I am very much an occasional golfer, I probably play about twice per year. Not once in Argentina. I have seen very few courses around BA - the Palermo course near Aeroparque comes to mind. I would recommend checking out the coastal area in the Buenos Aires province. Once I was in Carilo, which is a fairly exclusive beach resort village 300km south of capital - there is an excellent course there. Ive also seen them in Mar del Plata, which is about another 100 clicks south.

Cactus
08-15-05, 14:01
Jackpot.

As time gets closer let's arrange a game at the muni. A friend of mine was there last year and said the proshop guys were very helpful about suggesting other courses.

Cactus
08-31-05, 17:52
Jreyes 45

Sorry I can't seem to figure out pm function to reply. I appreciate your offer but will not arrive till Dec. 12. Would appreciate any tips on resonably close good golf courses and how to get there, as in being picked up at a hotel to go with a group to a course. Also any experience with Uraguay golf would be greatly appreciate as I may go there for a few days.

Hunt99
08-31-05, 18:15
For Uruguay's best golf, check here. (http://www.Fourseasons.Com/carmelo/vacations/golf.html)

Hunt99
08-31-05, 18:16
Buenos Aires area golf (http://www.Allaboutar.Com/sports_golfing_buenosaires.htm)

Cactus
08-31-05, 20:23
Thanks Hunt99!

MCSE
10-21-05, 15:25
At Cooper Bar, 628 San Martin, down town there is a virtual golf course, a big screen, they call it virtua golf simulator for training ar$60 p / hour, anyway nothing as the real thing and the wind on your face, the place is not bad and drinks like "mela stupenda" for ar$12 surpised me since most times bars make drinks with domestic liquors.

Easy Go
12-29-05, 22:41
I'm going to get a tee time for Wednesday, Jan. 11, if anyone is interested. Right now, it's just me and ZicoMickey so there should be room for a couple of more players. Not sure which course or the tee time yet as I've asked Roxana for some help. The first two courses on the list of possibilities that I gave her were Jockey Club and Olivos.

Judd
05-01-06, 05:24
Anyone know what the golf situation is like in May? I don't want to bring my clubs. Any recommendations for finding a decent set of clubs to rent or lend a fellow monger? I haven't played much these past few years, but still play to a single digit handicap.

Anyone interested in setting up a tee time, let me know.

Thanks,

Judd

Frenchy Guy
03-27-07, 03:05
I will be in BA from the 31st to the 8th and was wondering if anybody was up for golf?

I need a place where I can rent clubs cause I really don't want to haul my gear. The kicker is that I'm a lefty so club rental can get difficult sometime. Just want to enjoy some time on the links, doesn't have to be Augusta but a good course would be fun. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Mike W

Pete Puma
03-28-07, 07:06
Hey Frenchy; I will be in BA April 4-17 I am looking to get some golf in myself. Let me know if you are interested.

Puma

Daddy Rulz
03-28-07, 14:27
I will be in BA from the 31st to the 8th and was wondering if anybody was up for golf?

I need a place where I can rent clubs cause I really don't want to haul my gear. The kicker is that I'm a lefty so club rental can get difficult sometime. Just want to enjoy some time on the links, doesn't have to be Augusta but a good course would be fun. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Mike WSo if I'm wrong somebody please chime in and correct me.

I would doubt if the clubs you would rent would be worth a shit. This is just based on my experiances of things here. If they had left handed clubs they will probably be a set Bobby Jones built for somebody when he was a kid.

I used to work for an airline and I saw a bunch of those small bags where guys would pack like 6-8 clubs in them total. 3 wood, a selection of irons and a putter. That way your not dragging all your gear but you could still be sure to play a half assed game of golf.

Like I said I could be wrong about this.