PDA

View Full Version : Non Ho Clubs

Po Monkey
09-04-05, 23:33
OKay, I'm looking to find the best clubs that aren't your typical AP clubs that everybody has listed about where to pickup the Ho's. I'm looking to find out where the clubs / bars are that have a jump'n crowd where the chicas aren't ForSale and you actually gotta sweet talk'm into bed instead of throwing them a couple Pesos.

So what clubs are jump'n that I can hit up and spend A$150/ pesos on drinks for a pack of ladies I've got under each arm leaving the club? Cause I've noticed, normal lady's eyes light up when you are throwing around a few dollars. I mean cmon, 20/ pesos is like US$5.00, about what it cost me to buy a beer at a club back in the states. But here, 20/ pesos is like a day's wage or more for some of these girls. And shit, not only are we American's rich here, but our British brothers are just stink'n rich with the value of the pound.

So who's got the list? What are the clubs to hit? All I've got is a Lonely Planet book to go by. Hook me up. Any place in Capital Federal around av. Cordoba or av. Sante Fe is right up my alley.

Art Vandalay
09-05-05, 13:28
Po Monkey.

I went to a bar called KilKenny's a few times and if you go after 6 pm, it gets pretty packed within an hour. A lot of cute chicks go in there after work. Play your cards right and you might be able to pull a girl out of there. I have seen a lot of girls looking around in there. But these are by no means "chicas". Just girls.

You might also want to try Pacha and / or Mint. These are a couple of the BsAs "megaclubs". You should fare a little better there but some Spanish will definitely help you. You may also want to try Opera Bay on a Wednesday evening. They have a happy hour and dinner there after 6. I have never been there but have heard good things. YOu can't miss opera bay. It's a neat looking building which kind of looks like the Sydney Opera House. It's in Puerto Madero.

If you're in Recoleta, you might want to check out Henry J. Beans or the Sports bar next door, both on Junin. Happy hunting and let me know if you have any luck.

Art

Dickhead
09-05-05, 13:40
There is a section for this under Restauarants and Bars.

Marak5
09-05-05, 22:01
http://www.almesberger.net/fun/night.html

Marak5
09-05-05, 22:16
Another place I had a great time in was Palacio Alsina on Aldolfo Alsina between Bernardo de Iriogen and Tacuari, one block off Hiplotio Yriogen. Huge dance floor but is a gay club Sunday nights (I went there on a Saturday) so there are a number of gays other nights. I brought a chica there but a lot of the girls were checking me out. Pretty much everyone is dancing in there (guys and girls) and many are on exstacy so it gets kind of wild in there. If you can dance alright and ok looking girls in there will definitely be checking you out though.

Marak5
09-05-05, 22:23
My plan next time I'm there is to check out Crobar Buenos Aires. They have them in Miami, NYC, and Chicago and they're some of the wilder / bigger clubs here so I'm interesed to see how it translates down there.

Marak5
12-16-05, 02:52
Crobar Buenos Aires is still not open yet, although someone said they had the sign up so hopefully it will not be too much longer.

Anyway I am completely floored by the night clubs in BsAs. They are absolutely ridiculous. Pretty much everyone dances in there. I am used to the USA where everyone just stands around and it really isn't that much fun. Down there EVERYONE is dancing the whole time. The levels of energy in the clubs are just incredible, it's a totally electric feeling being inside.

I think there are good places to go starting like Tuesday night. I only made it out Thursday and Saturday night because I was busy fooling around with chicas in Recoleta.

On Thursday I went to Club 69. It is at the corner of niceta vega I think and humbolt. After 2am there is like an hour line. We just paid the door man 100 pesos and he let us in right away. It really does not start picking up until at least 3 am and goes at least until 7 am. The music is mostly tech house but I heard they had a hip hop room somewhere but I did not see it. Perfect for me as I am very sick of all the hip hop the clubs in the USA play.

Saturday I heard Opera Bay is nuts from someone at my hostel but it was closed when I tried to go there due to some festival. So I had been to Big One in Centro before and we went there. The address is on that link I posted earlier in the thread.

This place is huge and it doesnt start getting packed until 3am. Tons of people in there are on exstacy. In fact if you are a tourist and look like you have money you will have a non stop stream of drug dealers coming up to you asking to sell you drugs. I was just drinking but I think it's a blast when everyone in the club is on exstacy because they are dancing so crazy. And then with all the whistles and sirens. Man there's nothing like it.

I've heard that Sao Paulo and Rio have some crazy clubs but in my opinion Buenos Aires is probably one of the top 5 party destinations in the entire world. You can pretty much stay out starting like Tuesday night until 7 or 8 in the morning. I'm interested in seeing how Ibiza compares but I doubt it will be better than bs as.

Judd
12-16-05, 04:01
I think you have BA confused with some place in Brazil. You might be looked on more as an arrogant ass, since most non-pro Portenas could care less some gringo is throwing money around the club. They're not so enamored with the United States (assuming your from the states) as some of the other countries in South America. The chance of you getting laid from a non-pro in a club is minimal. It's especially difficult if your only going to be in BA for 7-14 days. I'm not saying it can't be done, but the deck is stacked against you.

The better move might be to meet the chicas thru a latin date site. Then you can lay down the foundation of getting to know the chicas before you hit BA. Then you can show the chica your "electric" moves on the dance floor and should be able to seal the deal from there.

Here's another option for you. Last time I was in BA, I went to Mint (Popular disco in Costanera) real early and not a soul was in the club. I was there around 11pm and told it doesn't hit until 1:30-2:00pm The dude outside told me to go a place called La Diosa. La Diosa is a club where large groups go for dinner whose celebrating a birthday / bachelor / bachelorette party. They have a couple of chorus like shows. They also feature a transvestite whos walks around making dick jokes and talking with whoever is getting married or having a be-day. Once all this BS is over with, they open up the dance floor. This is where there's an opening cuz there's a shitload of drunk chicas hooping it up on the dance floor. It pretty much a free for all as the chicas welcome the dirty dancing. This environment might make it conducive to hooking up (Fiesta en el bano) For me, the non-pro's are not my thing. So I chugged some cervezas, did some dirty dancing with a couple of brides to be, and went back over to Mint.

Clubs to hit Try Pacha, Mint, or Asia de Cuba. Again, I think it will be a difficult task pulling from a club, but I hope you prove me wrong.

Suerte,

Judd

Rock Harders
12-16-05, 04:28
I have to disagree with Judd's assertion that it is next to impossible to pull regular Portenas from clubs / bars. Obviously, your own personal looks will be 90% of the equation in terms of the quality of regular Portena you are capable of pulling. The other 10% of the equation is if you have the "chamuyo" (lunfardo for the ability to smoothtalk) to charm the chica into leaving with you from the club or arranging a meeting at a later date. From my own successful experiences, I find that it is easiest to meet girls in places like Milion (parana between santa fe and marcelo t. Kilkenny, Shamrock, and other popular bars that are in general more conducive to conversation than a disco. Many higher class girls go to these places before going out to dance at a discoteca, as such, it is possible to meet these girls at the bars, work your mojo to break down the stranger barrier, and dance all night with the newly met girls (among other possiblilities) in a way that just meeting them in the disco usually is not possible. Ironically, one of the best regular Portena scores I made was at a gay club, Palacio Alsina, which is only open on Friday nights. A smoking hot girl, a certifiable 9, who was at this place with her gay cousin and his boyfriend, approached me in admiration of my bodybuilder like appearance-we spoke, I got her number, and we met 5 times over the next 2 weeks for what basically amounted to no more than dinner and sex. Judd is accurate in that Portenas DO NOT view Americans as celebrities as other more third world chicas latinas are known to do. Buenos Aires is similar to all cosmopolitan cities worldwide in that if your a young stud guy with good conversational skills (in this case, good conversational castellano skills) you can get pussy.

Obviously, if you don't speak any Spanish, and you are either old, out of shape, short, lack any resemblence of "chamuyo" or any combination of these factors, you only way to get laid in this city is through professionals- and there is absolutely nothing wrong with this.

Moore
12-16-05, 04:49
DD,

I agree with most of your post. I've had luck in Shamrock and Kilkenney but not Milion. Dance clubs are generally harder in any country simply due to the setting and logistics. I disagree somewhat on having to be a smooth-talking athletic stud to be successful here. I'm not, but have had a fair amount of success. Just look around the bars, restaurants, and streets here and look at the guys that so many hot girls are with. I am rarely intimidated by my Argentine competition. Also, Argentine girls seem to be much friendlier and less biatchy / conceited than American girls, theyre just a hell of a lot easier to chat up even when your striking out.

True, as a white gringo you're nothing special here. But you are quite "interesting" to a lot of the chicas being an American. I've had much more success here than in cosmopolitan cities of the USA.

Judd
12-16-05, 05:08
There you go. Both Diggler and Moore live in BA. Sounds like it's easier to pull from the pubs as opposed to the disco's. I've gotten phone numbers from chicas out of the clubs but don't have the time like DD to do the date thing. Fuck, I wish I lived in BA! I'm rubbing two sticks together just trying to get a date in the states.

I'm humping my pillow again tonight,

Judd

Dancesw/Chicas
12-16-05, 07:13
Judd, Moore, DD.

Everything you guys are saying is SOOO true. Based on my personal experience, I could not agree more.

I like to add that going out to regular clubs thinking in getting laid will lead you to failure in almost 100 percent of the time. However, if you go out just with the idea of having a good time and meet people, argentine girls are easier to approach than american girls. Hey, just the fact that you come from another country brings many topics for conversation. Once you are talking to them you offer them drinks and before you know you are their friend. There are more chances this will happen in places like Million or Gran Danzon. Clubs like Mint and La Diosa are too loud, dark, and with too much "techno lighting". When in BA, I like to go out Saturday nights because I know the pro-clubs are dead, and also to not to lose socials skills, which could happen if you just paid, paid, paid all the time.

It's a funny thing that once you monger a while you start recognizing pros when they are off duty at places like La Diosa, Mint and Pacha. In Puerto Madero, Asia de Cuba is a good place for sushi and meeting near model quality non pros. Remember, you must be interesting in you conversation (chamuyo! The fact of being american means nothing to the non pro chicas. I think if one is italian or spaniard the results could be different, but Americans guys are not specials down there. My theory for this is a combination of:

1-Argentines having European blood not indian.

2-The fact that Argentina was once a rich country and just until recently a strong currency holder. 1-1 peg.

3- The way the argentine media talks about American foreign policy.

DWC

Hunt99
12-16-05, 13:12
I'm rubbing two sticks together just trying to get a date in the states.

JuddI'm not quite sure why, Judd. You're a decent looking guy, well dressed, don't drool on yourself, and can hold a conversation. Lacking some self-confidence, perhaps? I would think that spending time in Argentina would do wonders for a guy's self-confidence, though I've also noticed that it tends to make me too lazy to go through the courting ritual necessary to successful non-pro womanizing.

Daddy Rulz
12-16-05, 16:12
There you go. Both Diggler and Moore live in BA. Sounds like it's easier to pull from the pubs as opposed to the disco's. I've gotten phone numbers from chicas out of the clubs but don't have the time like DD to do the date thing. Fuck, I wish I lived in BA! I'm rubbing two sticks together just trying to get a date in the states.

JuddI've never had a woman say no to a serious invitation for dinner or drinks in BsAs. Getting a conversation going is very easy they seem to enjoy men a whole lot more than the women here. They also enjoy attention a lot. However if you don't live in BsAs getting something more serious or less dressed is difficult. Not impossible just difficult. I'm moving in about 20 days.

Moore
12-16-05, 18:00
and also to not to lose socials skills, which could happen if you just paid, paid, paid all the time.
I've also noticed that it tends to make me too lazy to go through the courting ritual necessary to successful non-pro womanizing.Its good to know maybe I'm not the only guy with these afflictions.