PDA

View Full Version : American Politics during the Bush Presidency

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Wild Walleye
09-11-08, 16:10
However, I don't think your tendency to invent facts is really going to be effective in shedding any light on anything. Oh, and by the way, what's your source for this: "For example, in Anfal alone, he was responsible for killing 182,000 people." I know, you "just made it up as an illustration of the absurd."Exactly, I made it up before I presented it into the official record (at the Supreme Criminal Court, hearing the case of the anti-Kurdish Anfal Campaign, in Anfal) during Chemical-Ali's trial.

Sorry, should have sited that.

Rock Harders
09-11-08, 16:33
Jackson-

Your assertions are ridiculous and could only come from someone who has been living under a rock for the past 66 months. It is completely obvious and clear to ANYONE who has any understanding of the events that took place leading up to the invasion of Iraq in March 2003 and the years of chaos that followed that the Bush Administration had ABSOLUTELY NOT ANTICIPATED that a devastating insurgency would take hold. Do you really think George W. Shrub would have gone on that aircraft carrier in May 2003 and put on that dog and pony show with the slogan "mission accomplished" if he was expecting a never ending insurgency that would kill more than 10x as many US soldiers as the actual regular war that preceded it? Shrub's appointee to run the post war reconstruction and administration of Iraq, W. Paul Bremer completely failed at his job and made several horrible errors (mainly disbanding the Iraqi Army, and banning all Baathist from any security position, when they were the only ones with any experience in security) that directly caused the security vacuum that allowed the insurgency to flourish and a slew of foreigners to enter Iraq and begin the so-called "Al-Qaeda in Iraq".

Your argument is just a neo-conservative cop-out to try to spin the complete failure that is this Iraq expedition in a positive light. None of the stated desired consequences of the Neo-Cons have occured in Iraq; Saddam was not replaced with a western style democratic regime; Iraq has not and will never become a beacon of the west in the Middle East; in fact, it has become, and will become, more fundamentalist islamic as a result of the Iranian theocracy pulling the strings behind the shiite majority. The Neo-Cons did get two of their unstated desired consequences: jacked up oil prices and hundreds of billions of dollars in contracts for their cronies who manufacture war materials.

The US already had a foreign state to fight all the Al Qaeda "rabid dogs" as you like to call them; it's called Afghanistan. The US correctly attacked and invaded Afghanistan post 9/11 and then incorrectly shifted focus to a fruitless war in Iraq. Now Afghanistan is a mess again with Opium trafficking and Al Qaeda (via Taliban) is entrenched again there. Afghanistan should have been pacified and cleaned up 6 years ago, but as a result of the Iraq misadventure it was not.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

Dickhead
09-11-08, 17:27
Bremer, Wolfowitz, and Rumsfeld should all be tried for war crimes.

Jackson
09-11-08, 19:23
Rock,

Okay, I'll mark that down as one "No" vote.

It's unfortunate that you and others here seem to have absolutely no confidence in the thousands of educated, trained and experienced military personnel, CIA intelligence agents and NSA analysts, all of whom are dedicated to collecting and analysing volumes of data to which neither you or I am privy, and would instead like to presume that your own judgement is vastly superior.

Thanks,

Jackson

BTW, what is this "Failure" in Iraq you all continue to rant about. Talk about "living under a rock". In case you haven't heard, we're winning!

Dickhead
09-11-08, 19:29
In case you haven't heard, we're winning!Yeah, we kept saying that in Vietnam, too.

Toymann
09-11-08, 19:37
Jackson and Wild W.

I commend you for attempting to calm the uncontrolled LIBERALS in the crowd but your comments are falling on deaf ears. In the past several years I cannot remember such crazy points of view being expressed, on any thread that didn't revolve around Exon. I know you feel left out Ex. It can't always be about you. LOL. Keep holding up the republican perspective brothers. If not for you two, Iraq pre-liberation, would be painted by these clowns as some sort of luxury retirement community run by a benelovent dictator whose primary concern was the well-being of his people. Lets not forget that for two years prior to the Iraq invasion Sadam refused to allow any NATO inspection teams into the country and pretty much snubbed his nose at the international community in spite of previously agreeing to allow inspection teams into the country as agreed after Bush part 1 military action.

The fact that the outcome of Bush part 2 (Iraq liberation is an exellent description) is going quite well, is currently illustrated by the fact that the "Iraq War" performance year-to-date is virtually off the radar in our current presidential election. Funny how wild-ass liberals always prefer to be oblivious to the facts when they don't fit their UNENDING LIBERAL AGENDA!

Keep the faith fellas and Ex "you are and will always be a fine fisherman". Happy Mongering All. Toymann

Toymann
09-11-08, 20:12
Hey Bank Note.

ENOUGH SAID.

IALOTFLMAO. I Am Lying On The Floor Laughing My Ass Off.

You just cannot be taken seroiusly characterizing Sadam as an Emperor.

Happy Mongering. Toymann.

PS. Love your last post BAD. LOL.

BadMan
09-11-08, 20:14
Ok guys,

I've had quite enough.

Time to break it up.

Gato Hunter
09-12-08, 05:01
Ok guys,

I've had quite enough.

Time to break it upOk I posted pics of this girl before but here is more.

More boobs less W Bush.

Cheers!

Jackson
09-12-08, 11:18
I hope it happens & you live to see the liberation.Bank Note,

For the record, I would never wish for you, your family or any other person to be subjugated for years by a homicidal maniac like Saddam Hussein.

Thanks,

Jackson

=========================================

"It must be nice being an appeaser. You get to muddle along with your head in the sand while other good people, in the process of keeping the world safe for themselves, will inadvertently keep it safe for you too."

Schmoj
09-12-08, 12:37
Bank Note,

For the record, I would never wish for you, your family or any other person to be subjugated for years by a homicidal maniac like Saddam Hussein.

Thanks,

JacksonGood point Jackson! It is much better to be bombed or raped by US soldiers. Go USA!

Wild Walleye
09-12-08, 17:03
Ok I posted pics of this girl before but here is more.

More boobs less W Bush.

Cheers!Any details?

Exon123
09-12-08, 21:58
Any details?Yes,

I was out with Rock Harders and we stepped into Cutty Sark one night not long ago. That's where she works!

Exon

Dickhead
09-14-08, 19:20
"To think our forefathers fought and died for the right for our nation to be a Christian nation."

I guess this gentleman has never heard of the disestablishment clause of the Constitution, stating there shall be no official religion. I further find the comment about the book of Revelations interesting since Islam only dates to I believe it is the 6th century at the very earliest; that's when Muhammad was born.

But again, let's not let facts get in the way of bullshit.

Daddy Rulz
09-14-08, 20:21
"To think our forefathers fought and died for the right for our nation to be a Christian nation."

I guess this gentleman has never heard of the disestablishment clause of the Constitution, stating there shall be no official religion. I further find the comment about the book of Revelatins interesting since Islam only dates to I believe it is the 6th century at the very earlies; that's when Muhammad was born.

But again, let's not let facts get in the way of bullshit.We all know that, while old, Dickhead was not a Founding Father so can't really understand their state of mind regarding Christian values.

However George Washington and John Adams were both founding fathers that had cause to sign the 1796 treaty with Tripoli containing the following article.

"Article 11.

As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion, — as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Musselmen, — and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

Maybe they had their fingers crossed while they signed it. Come to think about it maybe they had their fingers crossed when they penned the whole idea of there not being a state religion which I would assume to encompass not having a state theology as well.

Now Thomas Pain, not a signer of the Declaration of course, but considered by some to be the Father of the Revolution itself was openly not Christian but a Deist (kind of like an agnostic today) Washington (father of the country) Jefferson (who wrote that pesky Constitution thingy) Wythe, Benjamin Franklin (who incidently would have fucking LOVED this site, he was a huge putenyero) were all Deists.

Can't let the facts interfere with convenient beliefs though.

Obama as the Antichrist, man they must be scared they will lose. The last election it was "Vote for Kerry and you're voting to get attacked by terrorists", apparently this election if you vote for Obama you're voting for Satan. Theologically speaking though, shouldn't it therefore be the duty of all believers (funny how the Jihadists use the same term) to them vote for the Antichrist thereby hastening the end times and the return of Christ?

Kinda funny evoking "Christian Values" on a board devoted to banging hookers. That could be a Jon Stewart "moment of Zen."

Rock Harders
09-14-08, 20:24
Mongers,

The ultra conservative right wing midwestern / southern Jesus Freaks who write that kind of verbal vomit are just as ignorant and equally as dangerous as all the Islamic extremists and Al Qaeda members rolled into one. They are the same people that elected Shrub twice and apparently are ready to elect Shrub Lite this November. The "founding fathers" created the electoral college to protect the United States from these redneck, ignorant religious psychopaths and unfortunately the NASCAR states seem to have more electoral votes these days than the secular states. Scary times we live in.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

Dickhead
09-14-08, 20:46
The electoral college was necessary back in the horse and buggy days simply to get the election results in a timely fashion. It's now an anachronism but of course it'd require a constitutional amendment to change the system and that will never happen since the less populous states are not going to vote to dilute their disproportionate power.

One person, one vote, and that doesn't happen under the present system. Good thing I don't give a shit what happens up there any more because it's really not a pretty sight.

Now I'm gonna found out who this Tisdale fuck is. Now Waymon Tisdale, he could play some ball.

Dickhead
09-14-08, 20:51
http://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php?t=862161

Appears to be the source of the garbage Sid recently posted, and this Tisdale appears to be a run of the mill doctor from Maryland, a hematologist. He's entitled to his opinion and I will defend to the death, preferably his, his right to say what he said.

BadMan
09-14-08, 21:50
http://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php?t=862161Holy shit. The people on that forum are fucking nutters.

Regards,

BM

Daddy Rulz
09-14-08, 22:02
Here is proof that Palin is the devil.

http://bumperstickers.cafepress.com/item/mccainsatan-08-3-lapel-sticker-48-pk/275088711

It has to be true otherwise it couldn't be posted right?

Punter 127
09-15-08, 09:05
Mongers,

The ultra conservative right wing midwestern / southern Jesus Freaks who write that kind of verbal vomit are just as ignorant and equally as dangerous as all the Islamic extremists and Al Qaeda members rolled into one. They are the same people that elected Shrub twice and apparently are ready to elect Shrub Lite this November. The "founding fathers" created the electoral college to protect the United States from these redneck, ignorant religious psychopaths and unfortunately the NASCAR states seem to have more electoral votes these days than the secular states. Scary times we live in.

Suerte,

Rock HardersWow, words of wisdom from our own supreme elitist, (Heil Rock Harders) However he seems to have a defeatist "cut n run" attitude.

The only sound worse than a grown man crying is the sound of a fat lady farting. (But in this case the after effect is about the same!)

Rock Harders
09-16-08, 01:24
You know Punter,

The absolute last thing I want to get into here is a personal pissing contest with you or anybody else. This is not personal, it is merely political debate. However, if you mean in your assertions that I am an elitest, in that I only want the elite running the USA, your are correct. I only want the elite intellectuals, who attended the elite educational institutions, attained elite status at said institutions, and hold elite advanced degrees from additional elite institutions to be in charge of the most powerful and influencial nation-state currently in existence. I do not want Billy Ray who graduated from East Nascar State University running the country, nor a former exterminator, nor some guy who only got to where he is at by the fortunate circumstances of his birth. I also do not want some guy who looks to "god" or "jesus" for guidance in making serious decisions regarding policy; I want someone with an IQ of 160 or better using his elite education in International Relations or Economics to decide the best course of action.

The USA is in serious trouble, and it needs an elite intellectual at its helm, not some rich guy's son who has excelled at mediocrity his entire life and only ended up in politics because he failed at everything else.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

El Perro
09-16-08, 01:51
I do not want Billy Ray who graduated from East Nascar State University running the country, nor a former exterminator, nor some guy who only got to where he is at by the fortunate circumstances of his birth.

Rock HardersI heard that if Annie Oakley had not accepted the VP offer that it was going to be offered to Dale Earnhart Jr. And, that initially McCain wanted to put Dale Earnhart on the ticket even though he's dead. You know, in honor of him and all.

Punter 127
09-16-08, 04:03
You know Punter-

The absolute last thing I want to get into here is a personal pissing contest with you or anybody else. This is not personal, it is merely political debate. However, if you mean in your assertions that I am an elitest, in that I only want the elite running the USA, your are correct. I only want the elite intellectuals, who attended the elite educational institutions, attained elite status at said institutions, and hold elite advanced degrees from additional elite institutions to be in charge of the most powerful and influencial nation-state currently in existence. I do not want Billy Ray who graduated from East Nascar State University running the country, nor a former exterminator, nor some guy who only got to where he is at by the fortunate circumstances of his birth. I also do not want some guy who looks to "god" or "jesus" for guidance in making serious decisions regarding policy; I want someone with an IQ of 160 or better using his elite education in International Relations or Economics to decide the best course of action.

The USA is in serious trouble, and it needs an elite intellectual at its helm, not some rich guy's son who has excelled at mediocrity his entire life and only ended up in politics because he failed at everything else.

Suerte,

Rock HardersThis is what I mean when I refer to you as an elitist;

e •lit •ism or é•lit •ism (ĭ-l ē't ĭz'əm, ā-l ē'-)

N.

1. The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.

2. The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class.

Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class.

Elitist e •lit'ist adj. & n.You and your leftwing buddies continue to insult the very people you seek support from. That seems to be working very well, keep it up!

Do you really think that the American people are going to buy into the thinking that somehow YOU (and OBAMA) know what ’s best for the rest of us?

FYI many highly intelligent and educated people look to God for guidance. It ’s a shame you didn ’t include tolerance in your vast studies, personally I find your views and your narrow minded thinking unbelievably sad and pathetic!

Miami Bob
09-16-08, 11:44
But when the why are couple with comon sense, they I have something powerful to offer: a brilliant practical leader. I assume this is what Rock meant. Obama has the qualifications to demonstarate brilliance and comon sense. On the other hand, McCain was at the bottom of his class at university, yet was an effective legislator, until he started making his deals to become president over the last 5 years. You can couple intelligence and comon sense without high grades.

Just my 2 cents

Jackson
09-16-08, 14:13
I heard that if Annie Oakley had not accepted the VP offer that it was going to be offered to Dale Earnhart Jr. And, that initially McCain wanted to put Dale Earnhart on the ticket even though he's dead. You know, in honor of him and all.Face it guys. John McCain's selection of Palin as VP was the best political "head fake" in decades.

McCain had Obama and everybody else assuming that he was going to select Romney, luring Obama into selecting Biden as the best matchup against Romney.

McCain then selects Palin, and in a single stroke energizes his conservative base while simultaneously appealing to the defected Hillary voters.

Experience counts!

And you guys think Obama is ready for Putin?

Thanks,

Jackson

El Perro
09-16-08, 15:00
Face it guys. John McCain's selection of Palin as VP was the best political "head fake" in decades.

McCain had Obama and everybody else assuming that he was going to select Romney, luring Obama into selecting Biden as the best matchup against Romney.

McCain then selects Palin, and in a single stroke energizes his conservative base while simultaneously appealing to the defected Hillary voters.

Experience counts!

And you guys think Obama is ready for Putin?

Thanks,

JacksonRight you are that so far the choice of Annie has been a good "marketing" move. It may remain a good move in that regard, though alot can change between now and November. My concerns are many about this choice, but my sarcastic comments about the choice of Annie are more reflective of my concerns about pandering to the public. The common folk that Rock Harders refers to, often vote for candidates based on criteria that might be better used to "elect" a winner of "American Idol", rather than candidates who are more qualified to run the country.

I continue to hold the opinion that the USA should establish an impotent monarchy in addition to the current executive office. This way the public could elect people such as Annie to be "Queen for the Day" (or week or whatever) Maybe this would serve to slake much of the public's thirst for electing people who are more qualified to be some sort of media celebrity than they are to hold a position in a responsible, effective government.

Annie is sort of a combination of Julia Roberts in "Pretty Woman" and Princess Diana. A woman who appeals to those who get all gushy about somebody being elevated to a position completely at odds with their background and experience. Nice for movies and anachronistic monarchies, but silly bullshit in the real world. Or one would think.

El Perro
09-16-08, 17:07
Any previous Hillary supporter who now supports the McCain ticket because of Palin, should be taken out back of whatever fat farm they are attending, and beaten senseless with a heavily laminated copy of Roe vs. Wade.

Grshel1
09-16-08, 17:19
How does McCain do it? Get Bush and Chaney to trash the markets, sink the Fannie and Franie, collapse a couple of century old investment houses then disappear. Now with Bush looking at water damage while the economy is going to hell in a hand basket, Chaney long gone, McCain can come on as the agent of change without being shackled to Bush. Are these guys clever or what? Somebody remind O'bama that he is running against McCain not Palin. Naw, they would have to redo all his scripts.

Grshel1
09-16-08, 17:21
Anyone want to bet Biden steps aside so Hillary can run as the Dem VP?

Jackson
09-16-08, 20:23
The common folk that Rock Harders refers to, often vote for candidates based on criteria that might be better used to "elect" a winner of "American Idol", rather than candidates who are more qualified to run the country.Dogg,

With all due respect, I was ROTFLMAO when I read this, given that it's largely because of the "elect a winner of American Idol" crowd that Obama is even a candidate.

Thanks,

Jackson

Jackson
09-16-08, 20:25
How does McCain do it? Get Bush and Chaney to trash the markets, sink the Fannie and Franie, collapse a couple of century old investment houses then disappear. Now with Bush looking at water damage while the economy is going to hell in a hand basket, Chaney long gone, McCain can come on as the agent of change without being shackled to Bush. Are these guys clever or what? Somebody remind O'bama that he is running against McCain not Palin. Naw, they would have to redo all his scripts.Grshel1,

How exactly did McCain get "Bush and Chaney to trash the markets, sink the Fannie and Franie, collapse a couple of century old investment house"?

Did he use a pistol? Extortion? Bribery?

Thanks,

Jackson

Jackson
09-16-08, 20:32
Any previous Hillary supporter who now supports the McCain ticket because of Palin, should be taken out back of whatever fat farm they are attending, and beaten senseless with a heavily laminated copy of Roe vs. Wade.Hey Dogg,

By your standard, no member of this website should vote for ether candidate, because none of the candidates support prostitution. In fact, I'm pretty confident that all of the candidates are anti-prostitution.

No voter can find a candidate (or person) who agrees with them on every issue.

Thanks,

Jackson

Dickhead
09-16-08, 20:41
Well Jax I'm pretty sure all the candidates say they are anti-prostitution but McCain was in the Navy in Asia so the chances he never fucked any prostitutes seem slim to me and if he didn't he should have.

El Perro
09-16-08, 20:48
Dogg,

With all due respect, I was ROTFLMAO when I read this, given that it's largely because of the "elect a winner of American Idol" crowd that Obama is even a candidate.

Thanks,

JacksonJackson, you ignorant ****.:)

Gato Hunter
09-17-08, 05:07
Better yet maybe the markets are deteriorating because banks got greedy and made bets they could not cover.

Or it may be the Three Trillion dollars we have sunk into Iraq.

I am going with a little of both.

Darkme
09-17-08, 10:29
Better yet maybe the markets are deteriorating because banks got greedy and made bets they could not cover.

Or it may be the Three Trillion dollars we have sunk into Iraq.

I am going with a little of both.Hrm. I'll attribute the cause to government meddling in the housing market thanks to New Deal reforms.

As for the cost of the current war, as a percentage of GDP, the war is cheap compared to similar conflicts; somewhere between 1 and 2%.

El Perro
09-17-08, 11:34
Hrm. I'll attribute the cause to government meddling in the housing market thanks to New Deal reforms. Not to be vicious, but this might qualify as the most stupid statement ever posted on AP.

Stormy
09-17-08, 13:18
Dogg,

You are far too generous.

Bacchus9
09-17-08, 23:03
Originally Posted by Jackson.

Face it guys. John McCain's selection of Palin as VP was the best political "head fake" in decades.

Experience counts!

And you guys think Obama is ready for Putin?Haha, yes great head fake. Seems he forgot to check he was plowing into a brick wall in the reverso. Oooh, and all those lies exposed in every major newspaper and the journalists, even Karl Rove of all people, throwing him under the bus. That's gotta hurt. And now he's just starting to run down the wall like a broken egg, so unseemly. McCain + Palin = McPain.

Experience counts, umm hmmm. Too bad Palin's is so tawdry when it's not outright vacuous. And McCain, so on the wrong side of the fence of regulating Wall Street when the jig is finally up on all the lousy business they wrote. And McCain asking "where do I get in line for one of those Reformer tee-shirts I saw Obama wearing". McPain, say again brothers, give me some of that McPain to run the country on.

Darkme
09-18-08, 07:48
Not to be vicious, but this might qualify as the most stupid statement ever posted on AP.I'm sure you don't deny that Fannie Mae was a product of the New Deal and you surely don't think that socialization of risk, and the moral hazard it creates, had nothing at all to do government meddling. Then again, maybe you do. Who knows?

Maybe you can do me the courtesy of explaining why you think I'm wrong. Or not.

Jackson
09-18-08, 13:44
Haha, yes great head fake. Seems he forgot to check he was plowing into a brick wall in the reverso. Oooh, and all those lies exposed in every major newspaper and the journalists, even Karl Rove of all people, throwing him under the bus. That's gotta hurt. And now he's just starting to run down the wall like a broken egg, so unseemly. McCain + Palin = McPain.

Experience counts, umm hmmm. Too bad Palin's is so tawdry when it's not outright vacuous. And McCain, so on the wrong side of the fence of regulating Wall Street when the jig is finally up on all the lousy business they wrote. And McCain asking "where do I get in line for one of those Reformer tee-shirts I saw Obama wearing". McPain, say again brothers, give me some of that McPain to run the country on.Hi Bacchus9,

What "lies exposed in every major newspaper" are you talking about?

And please tell me what you're talking about with your statement "even Karl Rove of all people, throwing him under the bus"? Who did Rove "throw under the bus", and how did he do it?

BTW, in case you didn't actually compare them, the Republican Vice-Presidential candidate has more executive experience than the Democratic Presidential candidate.

Honestly, it's beginning to look like the radical left liberals are becoming unglued. But then again, they've always been an emotional group.

Thanks,

Jackson

Grshel1
09-18-08, 14:48
Something people need to think about!

Hmmmmmm.

You couldn't get a job at McDonalds and become district manager after.

143 days of experience.

You couldn't become chief of surgery after 143 days of experience of.

Being a surgeon.

You couldn't get a job as a teacher and be the superintendent after.

143 days of experience.

You couldn't join the military and become a colonel after 143 days.

Of experience.

You couldn't get a job as a reporter and become the nightly news.

Anchor after 143 days of experience.

BUT.

'From the time Barack Obama was sworn in as a.

United State Senator, to the time he announced he.

Was forming a Presidential exploratory committee,

He logged 143 days of experience in the Senate.

That's how many days the Senate was actually in.

Session and working. After 143 days of work.

Experience, Obama believed he was ready to be.

Commander In Chief, Leader of the Free World.

. 143 days.

We all have to start somewhere. The senate is a.

Good start, but after 143 days, that's all it is.

- a start.

AND, strangely, a large sector of the American.

Public is okay with this and campaigning for him.

We wouldn't accept this in our own line of work,

Yet some are okay with this for the President of.

The United States of America?

Come on folks, we are not voting for the next American Idol!

Please, please forward this before it's too late!

Punter 127
09-18-08, 19:01
My concerns are many about this choice, but my sarcastic comments about the choice of Annie are more reflective of my concerns about pandering to the public. The common folk that Rock Harders refers to, often vote for candidates based on criteria that might be better used to "elect" a winner of "American Idol", rather than candidates who are more qualified to run the country. Sorry to be so slow to reply but I’ve been busy trying to get from one side of the world to the other, but this begs a reply, I know you are smarter than this post Dogg and I can’t believe you posted it.

You’re concerned about folks from “NASCAR states", but what about all the “uneducated” folks that live in government housing projects in big and mid size cities across the nation? You know the ones that get their welfare check every month and traditionally vote democrat?

What about all the union members that simply vote the “union way”, which is traditionally democrat?

And what about all the black voters that are voting for Obama simply because he portrays himself as black, (pandering?) Are you equally concerned about these voters? If so why haven ’t you voiced these concerns?

Annie is sort of a combination of Julia Roberts in "Pretty Woman" and Princess Diana. A woman who appeals to those who get all gushy about somebody being elevated to a position completely at odds with their background and experience. Nice for movies and anachronistic monarchies, but silly bullshit in the real world. Or one would think. You continue to use names like “Annie” so I assume you don’t have a problem with me and others using names like "BO", “H”, “Hussein” or perhaps we could join the ranks of Al Sharpton and use the term “The Magic Negro” to refer to a guy who has zero leadership experience.

El Perro
09-18-08, 20:13
Sorry to be so slow to reply but I've been busy trying to get from one side of the world to the other, but this begs a reply, I know you are smarter than this post Dogg and I can't believe you posted it.

You're concerned about folks from "NASCAR states", but what about all the "uneducated" folks that live in government housing projects in big and mid size cities across the nation? You know the ones that get their welfare check every month and traditionally vote democrat?

What about all the union members that simply vote the "union way", which is traditionally democrat?

And what about all the black voters that are voting for Obama simply because he portrays himself as black, (pandering? Are you equally concerned about these voters? If so why haven 't you voiced these concerns?

You continue to use names like "Annie" so I assume you don't have a problem with me and others using names like "BO", "H", "Hussein" or perhaps we could join the ranks of Al Sharpton and use the term "The Magic Negro" to refer to a guy who has zero leadership experience.Punter-firstly, I am from a middle class southern family and followed Nascar as an urchin until I became enamored of sports inhabitated by athletes.;) As far as the similarities / differences between white trash and black trash, I tend to agree more often with the sentiments expressed by middle class and poor black folk than I do with middle to lower middle class white folk. IMHO this class of white voters has been manipulated, and essentially, duped for years by the Republican leadership. And I will add, certainly not all Republicans. Please note that my favorite republican, and a guy I would vote for over Obama, Chuck Hagel, stated today that Palin does not have the experience to be Vice President of the USA.

To finish, IMHO Obama is not pandering to blacks by being black! What's he supposed to do, put on "white face"? As for the term "Annie", it doesn't have any racial connotation. It refers to a gunslinging cowboy chick. It doesn't come close to the racially tinged and demeaning names you refer to. It's as much a joke as anything else. Like Palin.:)

Punter 127
09-18-08, 21:59
Punter-firstly, I am from a middle class southern family and followed Nascar as an urchin until I became enamored of sports inhabitated by athletes.;) As far as the similarities / differences between white trash and black trash, I tend to agree more often with the sentiments expressed by middle class and poor black folk than I do with middle to lower middle class white folk. IMHO this class of white voters has been manipulated, and essentially, duped for years by the Republican leadership. And I will add, certainly not all Republicans. Please note that my favorite republican, and a guy I would vote for over Obama, Chuck Hagel, stated today that Palin does not have the experience to be Vice President of the USA.

To finish, IMHO Obama is not pandering to blacks by being black! What's he supposed to do, put on "white face"? As for the term "Annie", it doesn't have any racial connotation. It refers to a gunslinging cowboy chick. It doesn't come close to the racially tinged and demeaning names you refer to. It's as much a joke as anything else. Like Palin.:)I know where you come from and I come from a very similar area, and I don ’t think the NASCAR folks are anymore “manipulated, and essentially, duped ” then the voters I mentioned.

“Obama's alleged "inauthenticty," as compared to such sterling examples of "genuine" blackness as Al Sharpton and Snoop Dogg. Speaking as an African American whose last name has led to his racial "credentials" being challenged — often several times a day — I know how pesky this sort of thing can be.”

I didn ’t come up with term Al Sharpton did. He and others apparently see Obama as only half black, I’m sure it’s something he’d like to take back now.

My point is wrong is wrong no matter who does or says it.

El Perro
09-18-08, 22:16
I didn 't come up with the term, Al Sharpton did. He and others apparently see Obama as only half black, I 'm sure it 's something he 'd like to take back now.Al Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson as well, are just pissed off that Obama is both smarter than they are, and very likely to be way more successful than either of them. They are like a couple of over the hill baseball players pissed off at the new rookie shortstop who has stolen their thunder. And, my guess is that if Obama was "all" white, they would be way more supportive of him. Envy displayed by the elderly is an ugly thing.

Bacchus9
09-18-08, 22:27
Hi Bacchus9,

What "lies exposed in every major newspaper" are you talking about?

And please tell me what you're talking about with your statement "even Karl Rove of all people, throwing him under the bus"? Who did Rove "throw under the bus", and how did he do it?

BTW, in case you didn't actually compare them, the Republican Vice-Presidential candidate has more executive experience than the Democratic Presidential candidate.

Honestly, it's beginning to look like the radical left liberals are becoming unglued. But then again, they've always been an emotional group.

Thanks,

JacksonHi Jackson,

There's a lot to be said for paying attention to alternative news sources to Fox. Do your homework so I don't have to explain the obvious, if you follow the news.

Palin, poor girl can hardly construct an intelligent sentence, whose "executive experience" appears to be hiring her. No I'm not going there. If you want to join in the make believe comparisons, and indulge in the false statements that eventually get shown for what they are - enjoy. Your ability to judge character and ability is impaired to suit your agenda and you're not to be taken seriously. It was frightening enough voters would turn the country over to Bush. Turning it to a doddering old fellow and an empty suit? We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto.

Don't confuse unglued with elation. Elation at the prospect that maybe this time the American public will pick a candidate with a brain full of ideas, political skills and a plan instead of one of the handicapped individuals the Republican party has to offer. The polls are giving that nifty "head fake" it's just desserts. Wham!

Bacchus9
09-18-08, 22:34
I correctly surmised that no liberal ''elitist'' would dare to compare Obomba (sic) to Lugar! And he is from the flyover state of IN!Sydney, old sport,

I doubt anybody gave it much thought. Was there a point to make there that someone who [Deleted by Admin] from Illinois (I. E. Someone privy to the working of the mid-western mind) would understand?

EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was edited in accordance with the Forum's Zero Tolerance policy regarding reports containing any personal attacks or derogatory comments directed towards another Forum Member or the Forum Membership in general.

Bacchus9
09-18-08, 23:15
Oh boy! The mail works. Arrived today that Absentee Official Ballot from the Department of Elections. Now I can get to work and straighten out this mess in the Washington. What's this John McCain / Sarah Palin at the top of the Federal section? - age deference no doubt. Ahhh, there they are Barack Obama / Joe Biden right there between Ralph Nader (Hall of Shame) and Bob (the Inquisitor) Barr. What the hell it's a free country, right? And just below under United States Representative the delicious choice between Cindy Sheehan and Nancy Pelosi. Cindy would not of taken Impeachment "off the table" for GWB. Tough choice, tough choice. Awk, what's this? They actually added my ballot initiative - All US citizens who voted for George Bush twice in the past 8 years go straight to Guantanamo for the rest of their natural lives. Followed by giving Guantanamo back to Cuba. Check!

Get yours, just 45 days and a wake up.

Bacchus9
09-19-08, 03:16
That you don't understand!Syd, if I can call you Syd, old sport,

Thanks for clearing that up.

Jackson
09-19-08, 14:04
Elation at the prospect that maybe this time the American public will pick a candidate with a brain full of ideas, political skills and a planHi Bacchus9,

If the Democrats had nominated such a canadiate instead of an American Idol contestant, I'd be worried, but I'm not.

Thanks,

Jackson

Jackson
09-19-08, 14:11
All US citizens who voted for George Bush twice in the past 8 years go straight to Guantanamo for the rest of their natural lives.Hi Bacchus9,

Why would you equate American Citizens who legally exercised their right to vote with the murderous Islamic terrorists who attacked our troops and are now being justifiably held in an American Military prison?

Or is this something I don't understand because I don't watch CNN?

Thanks,

Jackson

"It must be nice being an appeaser. You get to muddle along with your head in the sand while other good people, in the process of keeping the world safe for themselves, will inadvertently keep it safe for you too."

Daddy Rulz
09-19-08, 14:59
Hi Bacchus9,

Why would you equate American Citizens who legally exercised their right to vote with the murderous Islamic terrorists who attacked our troops and are now being justifiably held in an American Military prison?

Thanks,

Jackson.

"It must be nice being an appeaser. You get to muddle along with your head in the sand while other good people, in the process of keeping the world safe for themselves, will inadvertently keep it safe for you too."Tell that to the German citizen that was kidnapped by the CIA because his name matched somebody on the watch list who was taken to Guantanamo and held for a few years. He lost his family, they thought he was dead.

Daddy went out to buy a razor and didn't come home for a couple years. Because his name matched somebody on the watch list and he had a few different kinds of money in his pocket. Living in Europe who knows why he would do that.

Before you say it, he was a Turk not a jihadist, just a guy supporting a family who's life was destroyed by our government.

I know this won't even cause you pause and I'm sure you will justify it with some inane comment that somehow this makes us safer personally I find it embarrassing that a country founded on the idea of freedom could do this one let alone hundreds of times.

Miami Bob
09-20-08, 03:34
Your views of the candidate will not change anyone else's views. I wish you would spend that time:

-Educating us on investing in this crazy environment. You are one of the more knowledgible guys on this board.

-Talking about the dominican republic--I really enjoy some of your postings.

-Talking about woman, resturants or about your experience as an investment professional, but.

Thomaso276
09-20-08, 15:50
New Republlican strategy: Privative profits, socialize losses.

BadMan
09-20-08, 20:48
You know Obama didn't say that.

It's satire written by syndicated columnist John Semmens, whose columns are posted on the Web site The Arizona Conservative.

Here is the link:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/459/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/169/

---------------------------------------------------------------------

""""""""" Obama e-mail: It's not The Real Thing.

Pants on fire!

Opponents of Barack Obama seem to have found a new reason to dislike him: he wants the national anthem to be an old Coca-Cola jingle.

Well, not really, but that's the rumor that's going around. Although it seems ridiculous on its face, we heard from enough PolitFact readers who wondered if it was true that we decided to do a little digging. What we found was another example of satire being mistaken for the truth.

A widely circulated chain e-mail attributes the following quote to Barack Obama:

"As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides," Obama said. "There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all? It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it."

But Obama never said it. It's satire written by syndicated columnist John Semmens, whose columns are posted on the Web site The Arizona Conservative. The above quote was part of a short item Semmens wrote in October 2007, imagining a rationale for the oft-emailed photo of Obama not having his hand over his heart during the national anthem. (We wrote about the anthem issue previously here, which was part of a chain email falsely claiming Obama refused to say the pledge of allegiance.

The copies of the email we've collected have a familiar trick: They claim to be forwarded from a retired military officer. But the unattributed quote is clearly taken from Semmens' column.

This is not the first time a conservative commentator's make-believe quote has been attributed to Obama in emails as if he really said it. In February, we reviewed this one, in which Obama was supposed to have said he liked America but wanted to change it.

We asked Semmens what he thought about his work taking on a new life on the Internet.

"The quotes are a creative take on possible unexplained rationales for public actions," he wrote in an email to us. "They are not actual recountings of what Sen. Obama has publicly said. Whether they do or don't reveal an inner truth is a matter of opinion."

A spokesman for the Obama campaign called the chain email "clearly false." We call it Pants on Fire!

------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,

BM.

ps. tell your " best mongering friends " nice try.

Bacchus9
09-20-08, 21:33
Hi Bacchus9,

Thanks,

JacksonHi Jackson,

That's your metric not mine. The gaps in your thinking on these issues are the dimensions of the Grand Canyon and the Mississippi river, not unlike other conclusions you draw based on living in the Fox bubble.

Nothing as satisfying as frying someone in their own oil. My ballot initiative would do just that as well as getting the percentage of the Republican (and "independent" voter) population down to about 30% in the US where they could be mildly amusing and with such a representative disadvantage might actually be forced to contribute something positive to the national discourse in contrast to their recent and contemporary reactionary, obstructionist and destructive effluent.

Bacchus9
09-20-08, 21:38
Why doesn't he stand and honor the flag, the national anthem, etc.Syd, old sport,

Prepare to receive your new, dark overlord who will liberate you from your childish fixation on pointless symbolisms.

Get a rug and find out where the sun rises. The rest will be revealed to you by a mysterious bearded man, with a turbined head.

Member #4112
09-20-08, 22:50
Posted by Baccus:

"Nothing as satisfying as frying someone in their own oil. My ballot initiative would do just that as well as getting the percentage of the Republican (and "independent" voter) population down to about 30% in the US where they could be mildly amusing and with such a representative disadvantage might actually be forced to contribute something positive to the national discourse in contrast to their recent and contemporary reactionary, obstructionist and destructive effluent."

You know guy, I seem to recall the same thing being said about Democrats. I can never understand how the left is always carping about free opinion and though but take your position as soon as the right speaks. Is it that only your opinion is divinely inspired and all others count for nothing. Your Fraudian slip is showing Baccus

Bacchus9
09-20-08, 23:35
Good pun Doppelganger if that wasn't a typo, "Fraudian", and of course you may be on to something there ". Your opinion is divinely inspired.". Who knows where these spikes of genius come from? But really it just simple arithmetic, if your ideas and actions destroy the social order and you're found as a group to be working outside the laws and abuse your powers through corruption, fear mongering and bad judgement bordering on the criminal you can be removed from power and spend the rest of your days "wandering in the desert" until you figure out your mistakes and atone for them and ask humbly to rejoin society and make a contribute for the general good.

It seems, by the way, the right has been speaking out 24/7 for over 8 years. At least they were anytime I spun the AM dial on a radio or turned to Fox television and others. Not so much speaking but spewing, hate, misinformation, twisted thinking and lying to protect a political power structure. And that you do not find people not associated with the Republicans or the euphemistic "independents" doing.

Jackson
09-20-08, 23:40
. Not so much speaking but spewing, hate, misinformation, twisted thinking and lying to protect a political power structure. And that you do not find people not associated with the Republicans or the euphemistic "independents" doing.Sounds like MSNBC!

Bacchus9
09-20-08, 23:46
New Republlican strategy: Privative profits, socialize losses.You've got to love the moment and the irony of this dolt addressing the American public with his administration's Socialist plot to save America and the world financial markets. Someday the Bush years will read like a comic book. Not that they don't all ready.

Bacchus9
09-20-08, 23:49
Sounds like MSNBC!Jaja..... Only when it's listened to and filtered through Fox or Limbaugh.

Jackson
09-20-08, 23:57
Jaja. Only when it's listened to and filtered through Fox or Limbaugh.MSNBC "listened to and filtered through Fox or Limbaugh"

What does that mean?

Bacchus9
09-21-08, 00:10
MSNBC "listened to and filtered through Fox or Limbaugh"

What does that mean?Which of the big words are giving you the most trouble?

Jackson
09-21-08, 00:56
Which of the big words are giving you the most trouble?Don't be insulting. I understood the meanings of all of the individual words.

My question was "What does [the composite sentence] mean?"

If you can't explain it, then don't post it.

Jackson.

PS: I'll watch CNN tonight. Perhaps then I'll understand.

"If liberals had brains, they'd be conservatives."

Daddy Rulz
09-21-08, 05:13
Obama explains National Anthem.

Hot on the heels of his explanation for why he no longer wears a flag pin, presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama was forced to explain why he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

According to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171, During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart.

'As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides,' Obama said. 'There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it.'

WHAAAAAAAT! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this could possibly be our next president. I, for once, am speechless.

He better take sides. If he is not on the side of AMERICA he MUST NOT EVEN BE CONSIDERED for the office he is seeking. We do not need a man in office that will not salute the flag. The world knows how to sing, what they need to know is that the USA will defend what that flag stands for.

Pass It On Before It's To Late.

Let's Teach All of America About This Idiot.Come on Sid if you didn't research your market moves any better then this you would be as poor as I am.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/obama-pin.htm

Jackson
09-21-08, 13:01
Why doesn't he stand and honor the flag, the national anthem, etc.
I / we eagerly await the answer to the question!Sid,

The answer is that you don't watch enough CNN.

Thanks,

Jackson

Bacchus9
09-21-08, 17:09
"What does [the composite sentence] mean?"

Jackson.

PS: I'll watch CNN tonight. Perhaps then I'll understand.If you want to listen to MSNBC don't watch CNN. I think they're on another channel. You can get a filtered version of MSNBC by listening to Faux News or Limbaugh.

If conservatives had brains, they'd exile the neo-cons.

Isola2000
09-21-08, 19:37
Apart from the muslim messiahs.

Is not the big problem with US politics the low turnout in.

Elections, below 60 per cent and even lower.

The lowest in any democracy.

Tends to favour the wrong people.

The present Bush catastrophy (like his father) has been voted through,

Even though all "intellegent states" (NY, Mass, Calif, Illinois etc) has.

Voting against these people.

Bacchus9
09-21-08, 20:18
Guess none of you can explain the Muslim Messiah's reasons?Syd old sport,

Why did you need to know again? Sorry there was some guy posting a huge doomsday report and I might of missed your question.

Daddy Rulz
09-21-08, 20:58
I / we eagerly await the answer to the question!Here is a photo where Obama isn't saluting the flag. Well Shrub isn't either. Everybody else is, how can you elect twice a President that shows such FLAGRANT DISRESPECT to the flag?

Daddy Rulz
09-21-08, 21:02
Obama isn't saluting here as well.

Daddy Rulz
09-21-08, 21:03
Saluting flag with hand over heart.

Bacchus9
09-21-08, 22:31
And here's one of vice presidential candidate Palin saluting. Just like back in the 1930's and 40's. In Germany.

Syd? Syd?

Dickhead
09-21-08, 23:16
Here is a photo where Obama isn't saluting the flag. Well Shrub isn't either. Everybody else is, how can you elect twice a President that shows such FLAGRANT DISRESPECT to the flag?I think in this picture Laura has just said to Shrub, "If I hadn't killed that guy by running that stop sign he'd probably have voted for us." Shrub, thinking about his dad puking all over the Japanese emperor, got a little queasy and thus had his hand on his stomach.

Do you think Laura Bush allows CIM like Laura at Uruguay 343 does? My guess would be that Hilary allows CIM and in fact likes it to be shot all over her face. Michele Obama I don't really have a take on but my guess is she does not allow anal.

El Perro
09-21-08, 23:51
I think in this picture Laura has just said to Shrub, "If I hadn't killed that guy by running that stop sign he'd probably have voted for us." Shrub, thinking about his dad puking all over the Japanese emperor, got a little queasy and thus had his hand on his stomach.

Do you think Laura Bush allows CIM like Laura at Uruguay 343 does? My guess would be that Hilary allows CIM and in fact likes it to be shot all over her face. Michele Obama I don't really have a take on but my guess is she does not allow anal.Agreed about Hillary and the facewash, but I bet she laughs when he spooges her which pisses Bill off. I'm betting Laura Bush makes Shrub wear a rubber. And, I'm betting Ms. Obama fucks Mr. Obama half to death.

All of this should be made public, like tax returns.

Daddy Rulz
09-22-08, 01:38
Agreed about Hillary and the facewash, but I bet she laughs when he spooges her which pisses Bill off. I'm betting Laura Bush makes Shrub wear a rubber. And, I'm betting Ms. Obama fucks Mr. Obama half to death.

All of this should be made public, like tax returns.Except I think Laura is a closet dominatrix. That's why Shrub feels the need to man up so much in public. "Bring it on" had a hidden meaning more like Shove it in."

Punter 127
09-22-08, 01:50
And here's one of vice presidential candidate Palin saluting. Just like back in the 1930's and 40's. In Germany.“oooooohhhhhh baaaa maaaa .... hands above your head in the shape of an O. oooooohhhhhh baaaa maaaaa. ooooooooohhhhh baaaa maaaa.”

Those that fail to comply will be sent “straight to Guantanamo for the rest of their natural lives.”

What ’s next really cool arm bands with the Obama logo on them?

“Lord, Grant me the serenity to ignore the trolls, the courage to debate with honest opponents, and the wisdom to know the difference.”

Jackson
09-22-08, 10:20
What 's next really cool arm bands with the Obama logo on them?Obama prayer mats.

Bacchus9
09-22-08, 13:01
Today's Buenos Aires Herald Op Ed all about "Comrade Bush and the nationalization of US financial system". Jaja - I really didn't think I'd live long enough to enjoy the come uppance of the Republicans and their empty beer can leader.

Comrade Bush will be addressing the UN General Assembly today. And giving a deep look into the soul of the Chinese, Cuban and Venezuelan delegations?

El Alamo
09-22-08, 16:06
The people who write these types of commentaries should be taken out and shot for their stupidity. The jist is. Pobrecito Obama. Losing votes because of ingrained racism.

Obama is the recipient of 10 to 20% of the vote only because he is black. The racist vote for Obama far outweighs the racist vote against Obama.

Punter 127
09-22-08, 16:28
I believe America under communism looks like this!

Surly you see the similarities.

BadMan
09-22-08, 16:57
Actually,

I prefer this one.

Regards,

BM.

I believe America under communism looks like this!

Surly you see the similarities.

Punter 127
09-22-08, 18:15
Actually,

I prefer this one.

Regards,

BM.I ’m sure you do …. Heil Obama.

“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.”

Bacchus9
09-22-08, 19:13
It is a comeuppance for all the country for allowing Alan Greenspan to be appointed and reappointed for 20 years. He had the ''tools'' to stop all this madness but he ''joined the party'' instead of stopping it! So many financial disasters occurred during his tenure. Not surprising, he had so much ''bullshit'' that most were in awe of him! --Kind of like Obomba (sic) who has many of Greenspan's characteristics! But so far, only 50% of the voters are in awe of his ''bullshit''!I would agree that after Greenspan fell under the sway of Comrade Bush and Comrade Cheney he "joined the party". All the country did not appoint and re-appoint Alan Greenspan, that was the decision of Comrade Bush.

Frankly if I was Obama, who nows leads in the national polls, I would be withdrawing my name from the race so I didn't have to fix two gigantic Republican owned problems, Iraq and the Financial meltdown. Unfortunately Obama is one brave son of a ***** and refuses to turn it over to the handicapped alternative (s) who are so short on abilities to fix them it's absolutely frightening.

El Alamo
09-22-08, 19:27
From what I can tell, Greenspan and Bush, as far back as 2004 or 2005, were terrified by the direction that the Fannies were going I. E. Loaning money without oversight.

They drafted a bill to rein in the Fannies. The opposition was led by the two Democrats who had received the most campaign contributions from the Fannies I. E. Clinton and Obama.

One of three sponsors of the bill that might have prevented the meltdown of the Fannies was McCain.

Isola2000
09-22-08, 21:23
I think that the problem goes back to the.

Paul Volcker era as head of the Federal Reserve.

It was during his tenure that the Central bank was.

Completely separated from the Government (I. E. You.

Separate fiscal policy (taxes etc) from the policys of.

The central bank.

This has been followed in most Western Countries.

The most stupid, the European Central Bank, who is.

Only guided by inflation. Even if we here in Europe is.

Heading to the biggest recession since the 30ies, the.

Eu Central Bank would not lower interest rates because.

Of the inflation fears.

Punter 127
09-22-08, 21:36
I think that the problem goes back to the.

Paul Volcker era as head of the Federal Reserve."Paul Adolph Volcker (born September 5, 1927 in Cape May, New Jersey) is an American economist. He is best known as Chairman of the Federal Reserve ("The Fed") under United States Presidents Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan (from August 1979 to August 1987) He is today an economic advisor to Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Volcker

Bacchus9
09-22-08, 21:41
From what I can tell, Greenspan and Bush, as far back as 2004 or 2005, were terrified by the direction that the Fannies were going I. E. Loaning money.

Without oversight.

They drafted a bill to rein in the Fannies. The opposition was led by the two Democrats who had received the most camp[aign contributions from the Fannies I. E. Clinton and Obama.

One of three sponsors of the bill that might have prevented the meltdown of the Fannies was McCainPelley interviewing McCain on "60 Minutes"

Pelley: In 1999 you were one of the senators who helped pass deregulation of Wall Street. Do you regret that now?

McCain: No, I think the deregulation was probably helpful to the growth of our economy.

McCain has been an advocate of deregulation most of his career, but Thursday he endorsed the biggest bailout in history - a plan for the government to take on the bad debts of financial institutions.

"We're gonna take over these bad loans. We're gonna take over these bad - these bonds and we're gonna keep you alive. And we're gonna have the taxpayer help you out. But when the time comes and the economy recovers then anything that's gained back is gonna go to the taxpayers first. I'm not saying this isn't gonna be messy. And I'm not saying it isn't gonna be expensive. But we have to stop the bleeding," the senator said.

Pelley: But why would you let the Wall Street executives.

McCain: I'm not.

Pelley:. Sail away on their yachts and leave this on the American taxpayer?

McCain: Well, it's not the greedy Wall Street people that I worry about, although I am, like most Americans, frankly, enraged. It's basically a Ponzi scheme, as you know, that sooner or later was gonna collapse. And I'd like to get that money back from them. But we've gotta fix the average citizen who's the innocent bystander that is in danger of losing their pensions, their 401(k)'s, their IRAs. Their very life savings are at risk here.

Comment El Alamo?

Jackson
09-23-08, 00:08
I knew that McCain was fucking a stripper while stationed in Pensacola for pilot training, and I've always suspected that he had done some mongering as a Navy office in SE Asia, but I did not know that he made it to Brazil, and that he's bragged about it to boot.

Gome on guys, how many reasons do you need to vote for McCain?

Remember: Experience counts.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080923/ap_on_el_pr/lt_brazil_mccain_s_romance

RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil - A former model and ballerina is making headlines across Brazil after being identified as John McCain's lover 51 years ago. Maria Gracinda Teixeira, 77, says she is the woman the Republican presidential candidate fondly described — though never named — in his 1999 book "Faith of My Fathers."

In the book, McCain said he met a "Brazilian fashion model" as a young Navy sailor in Rio de Janeiro when the destroyer USS Hunt docked in the city for a week in 1957. McCain was stationed on the ship.

Local reporters tracked her down late last week, turning Teixeira into an overnight media sensation.

She declined requests for an interview Monday, but told Brazilian media last week that the young McCain was a romantic and a "good kisser."

"We met because I used to have lunch near the docks," Teixeira told the newspaper Extra. "He is so cute. But I never imagined he would write about me, that was a surprise."

Gelson Guimaraes, a neighbor of Teixeira's for the past 20 years, said she "always said she had important lovers, but never said anything about McCain."

In his book, McCain wrote about his rambunctious time in Rio, saying he and his fellow sailors "indulged in the vices sailors are famous for."

McCain wrote that he returned to Rio after the short stay and saw her again, but that the romance didn't blossom for long because of "youthful impatience and short attention spans."

BadMan
09-23-08, 01:53
I like this one.

Regards,

BM

Rock Harders
09-23-08, 08:13
Mongers,

The bottom line here is that the Republicans have been in power now for eight years and they have fucked up the United States so bad that an African-American with some Muslim roots is going to win the White House and make the Republican greed-driven fascist pigs that Jackson and his Rush Lingbaugh lovin' lackeys get such a hard-on about pay for their heinous crimes against America. The top officers of Bear Stearns, Lehman Brothers, Merrill Lynch, Fannie / Freddie, and AIG should and likely will be tried for their crimes and should receive long prison sentences and massive fines. A recent CNN poll reveals that 63% of Americans favor Government-guaranteed health care even if it requires raising taxes. Obama will remake the political landscape with his far-reaching reforms and the Republicans will be out of power for the next 40 years. There will be national healthcare paid for by funds formerly going to the military industrial complex that will become available after Obama brings peace and downsizes the military to half of its former size and budget. Obama will meet and make agreements of peaceful co-existance and cooperation with former foes North Korea, Iran and Cuba.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

Alan23
09-23-08, 09:37
A recent CNN poll reveals that 63% of Americans favor Government-guaranteed health care even if it requires raising taxes.Number of Americans Paying Zero Federal Income Tax Grows to 43.4 Million - or 41 percent of the U.S. population were completely outside the federal income tax system in 2006. This total includes those who pay no tax, and those who pay some tax upfront and are later refunded the full amount of the tax paid or more.

Guess this accounts for 2/3 of the 2/3 that want higher taxes - wonder who the other 1/3 are (of course accounting for Warren Buffet)?

Punter 127
09-23-08, 11:11
Mr. Pin the Tail on the Donkey.

By Michael Reagan September 18, 2008

When I was a little boy we used to play a game where we wore a blindfold and tried to put a slip of paper on a drawing of a donkey we couldn ’t see. I thought of that as I watched the chattering class, blindfolded and frantically trying to pin the blame for the Wall Street debacle on everything but the real donkey, the Democrats, whose symbol is. Guess what?

Right, a donkey, and that ’s where the blame lies, on Barack Obama ’s Democratic Party.

To find the donkey you need to go back to the Clinton administration, which decided that everybody and his kid brother was entitled to a mortgage even when they didn't begin to qualify for a home loan.

In saner days, banks designated certain areas as no-loan zones – depressed neighborhoods where lending money to potential home buyers was not just a risky investment, but a certain future foreclosure. Critics of the practice called it "redlining " and President Clinton and his chums on Capitol Hill decided that banks should no longer act like banks and lend money only to home buyers who could afford to handle the monthly payments. Now all bets would be off and people not the least bit creditworthy.- and speculators.- would be entitled by law to obtain mortgages even when it was obvious they couldn ’t afford to handle them.

Enter those now infamous quasi-government banking instruments known as Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, which poured fresh money into the banking system by buying mortgages from banks. Over the long haul they managed to load up their portfolios with billions upon billions of dollars of risky mortgage paper that banks had been forced to offer and then dumped on them.

The scandal of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac dwarfs the Enron debacle. In Enron, people went to jail. With the Fannies, some just walked away with millions.

The collapse of Lehman Brothers can be blamed on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the two big mortgage banks that the Feds recently bailed out with big bucks. As Fox News has pointed out, they used huge lobbying budgets and political contributions to keep regulators off their backs.

According to the Center for Responsive Politics, the top three U. S. Senators getting big Fannie and Freddie political bucks were Democrats, and No. 2 was Sen. Barack Obama, who as Fox noted had only been in the Senate four years but still managed to grab that No. 2 spot ahead of longtime colleagues John Kerry and Chris Dodd, the chairman of the Senate Banking Committee.

According to Fox, Fannie and Freddie were where big-time Washington Democrats went to work and pocketed millions. Franklin Raines, Clinton ’s White House Budget Director, ran Fannie and collected $50 million.

Jamie Gorelick, an official in Clinton ’s Justice Department.- the woman who built the "wall " that prevented the FBI from targeting terrorists before 9/11.- worked for Fannie Mae and took home $26 million. Big-time Democrat Jim Johnson, who headed Obama's VP search committee, also hauled in millions from running Fannie Mae.

Obama brazenly blames John McCain and the GOP for the current Wall Street mess when it's clear none of it was due to Republican policies. The truth of the matter is that it was McCain and three GOP colleagues who sought to reform the government ’s lending policies three long years ago after the Bush administration had failed two years earlier. On May 25, 2006, McCain spoke on behalf of the Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act of 2005, and warned against the debacle we are now facing if it failed to pass.

He told the Senate that a report by the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight charged that "Fannie Mae employees deliberately and intentionally manipulated financial reports to hit earnings targets in order to trigger bonuses for senior executives. "

McCain warned, "If Congress does not act, American taxpayers will continue to be exposed to the enormous risk that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac pose to the housing market, the overall financial system, and the economy as a whole. "

McCain predicted the entire collapse we now are suffering through. He stressed the falsification of financial records to benefit executives, including Obama advisers Franklin Raines and Jim Johnson.

Now Obama has the nerve to try to pin the blame on McCain and the GOP when the facts show that the blame must be pinned on the Democratic donkey.

Wild Walleye
09-23-08, 12:43
RH, please feel free to believe what you like about the current crisis in the debt markets and that it is somehow of Republican making.

Your dizzying grasp, of the machinations of the US Govt, is testimony that you must have been educated at the hands of liberal NEA / AFT mercenaries. They were probably marching on Washington the day they were supposed to explain the distinct functions of the three branches of government and the notion of checks and balances. The legislature (I. E. The representative deliberative assembly with the power to create, amend and ratify laws) is the one that dropped the ball here.

While Democrats should not get all the blame, they certainly deserve most. The bane of your existence, and that of your ilk (that's right, el Diablo himself - GWB) first warned Congress about Fannie and Freddie. In 2001 (and each year since) Chris Dodd and Barney Frank are primarily responsible for blocking reform legislation that could have averted this crisis (Obama is complicit having supported them on the subject) by preventing a vote on the Senate floor. I would be interested to know if any of them even know what a "basis point" is and what purposes "spreads" and "premiums" serve in the market (hint they are compensation for something called r_ _k)

they have fucked up the United States so bad that an African-American with some Muslim roots is going to win the White House Why should his race or religion disqualify him from office?

In my experience, most of the top execs at those and similar firms are East Coast liberals (that way they can feel like they are better people because they have "good intentions" while enjoying their riches and doing little to contribute to mankind)

Obama will remake the political landscape with his far-reaching reforms and the Republicans will be out of power for the next 40 years. Unlikely, he doesn't have the skills, political capital or mandate to bake cookies let alone remake the American political landscape (not criticism, just the facts)

There will be national healthcare.Maybe he could appoint Hillary to run that for him (she had a layup from within the paint and still got stuffed)

. Paid for by funds formerly going to the military industrial complex that will become available after Obama brings peace and downsizes the military to half of its former size and budget.Good luck to him. The American "military industrial complex" (you were listening on dogma day at school) has been around a bit longer than Barry. While Carter and Clinton did their best to weaken us and expose us to foreign threats, they merely pruned the tree which grew back stronger and better (with even deeper roots) Take a look at the success (and difficulty implementing) of the BRAC Commission. Since 1988, it has closed more than 350 US military installations. However, during that same period, the defense budget grew from $290B to $651B (projected 2009) I know lots of people think he is the second coming, he'd have to be to do what you say he will.

Obama will meet and make agreements of peaceful co-existance and cooperation with former foes North Korea, Iran and Cuba.Keeping an enemy at bey by throwing him treats to distract him (appeasement) will only assure two things: a) someday you will run out of treats and b) when you run out of treats, he is going to be pissed and still going to want more.

Keep on trucking RH, I love your enthusiasm and respect your right to your opinion.

Jackson
09-23-08, 13:06
Obama will meet and make agreements of peaceful co-existance and cooperation with former foes North Korea, Iran and Cuba.Rock,

That's a great plan! Let's live in "peaceful co-existence and cooperation" while North Korea and Iran develop nuclear weapons. What pray tell are we going to do at that point, given that your strategy will have left us with a decimated military?

Wait, I just figured it out: You believe that all countries should have nuclear weapons so that no one country could dominate others, right?

Rock, everybody is into "peace and co-existence" when they're in their 20's. However, after you've lived and observed the real world for a couple of decades, you begin to realize a few things, like that rabid dogs exist and need to be put down, that repeatedly violent human beings exist and need to be imprisoned for life, and that psychopathic leaders exist and need to be confronted and defeated.

But you're a smart guy, so I know that one day you'll get it, and that's a complement.

Thanks,

Jackson

Jackson
09-23-08, 13:12
Number of Americans Paying Zero Federal Income Tax Grows to 43.4 Million - or 41 percent of the U.S. population were completely outside the federal income tax system in 2006. This total includes those who pay no tax, and those who pay some tax upfront and are later refunded the full amount of the tax paid or more.

Guess this accounts for 2/3 of the 2/3 that want higher taxes - wonder who the other 1/3 are (of course accounting for Warren Buffet)Many people fail to realize (because the media is rooting for Obama and won't point this out) is that Obama's plan for a "tax cut for 95% of Americans" includes sending a check to the 40% of American citizens (we can't call the taxpayers) that don't even pay taxes in the first place.

Talk about buying votes!

Thanks,

Jackson

El Perro
09-23-08, 13:56
Poster child for the Republican right.

El Perro
09-23-08, 14:35
Many great questions and better solutions are offered by very bright Senators, with many ideas to protect the taxpayers! But Pauley+Bernie seem determined to keep their really stupid ''Plan'' as unchanged! Hopefully, the Senators will prevail!The large majority of 'em ain't interested in prevailing. They are interested in shoring up their reputation with their constituents as best they can before they end up supporting the bailout. Ask those tough questions! Express that outrage!

Punter 127
09-23-08, 14:58
Many great questions and better solutions are offered by very bright Senators, with many ideas to protect the taxpayers! But Pauley+Bernie seem determined to keep their really stupid ''Plan'' as unchanged! Hopefully, the Senators will prevail! I know what should have been done to avoid this, and I ’m certainly not in favor of just throwing money at the problem, but now that we ’re here what's your solution?

Member #4112
09-23-08, 15:33
I don't think giving Treasury authority to buy up $700 billion in "loans" is the way to go, but a knee jerk reaction to save "Wall Street" by a Treasury Secretary from Wall Street who just wants to save his friends.

We are not going to know the value of our financial institutions or the housing market until they are allowed to bottom out at their true value, which is going to be expensive and painful. Attempting to shore it up by the Treasury with our tax dollars will only delay the bitter pill all American's are going to have to swallow at some point and probably make it worse.

I also don't think CEO's should be walking away with tens of millions of dollars in golden parachutes after crashing their companies. There is just something basically wrong in lavishly rewarding failure. I think the guys who ran these firms should be stripped of their wealth and sent to prison; their families thrown out on the streets broke. A few of them swinging from ropes from the lamp posts along Wall Street as an example would be better, but I doubt anyone has the stomach for it. It would not help the situation now but it would set the example for future CEO's thinking of taking the same path in the future that there is responsibility at the end of the road and Uncle Sugar will not come save the day with my money!

I fully believe in the free market, but what we have gotten under both Democrats and Republicans beginning with Clinton is corruption, greed, and theft, not free market. I doubt McCain or Obama have either the brains or the balls to do what it will take to clean it up since no one is going to want to really face up to what this is going to do to the country.

Jaggar
09-23-08, 18:40
The DJIA Equities selloff over the past two days is just a hint at what's next to come. Paulson's $700B bailout program is NOT the answer. Yes? Should we let the government step in and rescue those banks that purchased traunched debt at costs that weren't commensurate with their risk?

As several of you have iterated here, yes the free markets should force these financial instruments and institutions holding them to "fess up" and pay for their mistakes. Let them all take the heat as D. Fuld at Lehman has done.

(I only wish they could pierce the personal veils of the high paid bank executives that walk away with $MM "unearned".

JAGGAR

El Perro
09-23-08, 19:03
McCain doing the only thing that still gives him pleasure. Taking a shit without removing his suit.

Tessan
09-23-08, 23:08
Does anyone know?If I remember right, he was able to sell them tax free, because he was taking on a federal job, which could conflict with his shares. He had huge gains, and paid 0 tax. Capital gains where waved.

Dickhead
09-23-08, 23:19
If I remember right, he was able to sell them tax free, because he was taking on a federal job, which could conflict with his shares. He had huge gains, and paid 0 tax. Capital gains where waved.Do you have any support for this statement? Who "waved" [sic] the tax? If someone other than the trustees knows what's in the trust, wouldn't that mean it couldn't possibly be a "blind" trust? I'm old enough to remember when the United States was a country and not a Nigerian e-mail scam.

Tessan
09-24-08, 00:44
Do you have any support for this statement? Who "waved" [sic] the tax? If someone other than the trustees knows what's in the trust, wouldn't that mean it couldn't possibly be a "blind" trust? I'm old enough to remember when the United States was a country and not a Nigerian e-mail scam.I remember hearing it on cnbc, while it was happening. I do not remember all the detales. Thats why I wrote "If I remember right" because I had no plan to look it up. You could have found it as easy as me. Anyway I looked it up.

=========================

June 22, 2006, 8:33 am.

Hank Paulson Will Be a Very Liquid Treasury Secretary.

Posted by Peter Lattman.

So much for Daniel Gross's modest proposal that Hank Paulson should be allowed to hang on to his Goldman Sachs stock.

The White House said yesterday that Hank the Hammer will dump his GS holdings to conform with federal conflict-of-interest rules. Paulson's 3.23 million shares of Goldman stock are currently valued at more than $480 million, and he is estimated overall to be worth some $700 million. (Here's the WSJ story.

He is also planning to take advantage of Section 1043 of the Internal Revenue Code, which allows White House employees who are forced to sell stock for conflict-of-interest reasons to defer paying capital gains tax, so long as the proceeds are reinvested in government bonds, index funds or other similar instruments. The provision, passed during the Bush I administration, is intended to "minimize the burden of government service" resulting from required stock sales.

Here's a question: Assuming he trades through his old firm, how much will Goldman Sachs charge Paulson to sell his shares?

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2006/06/22/hank-paulson-will-be-a-very-liquid-treasury-secretary/

=============================================

Treasuries he brought are worth more today then, then. Interest rates are down. And he did not have to pay big capital gain to buying them. Goldman stock is down since then. He is way ahead.

Dickhead
09-24-08, 01:03
"defer paying capital gains tax": That's what I figured happened.

Deferral is not waiving the tax; it's taxing it upon the sale of the government bonds. Look at the contradiction. If he'd held the GS stock, he'd have no gain since it's in the toilet. In fact he'd have a loss he could (partially) write off against his salary. Now you say he has gains on the bonds (which I certainly don't doubt for the moment). So, from a tax collection standpoint, the final result is not known but as of right now there is more potential tax revenue from him having government bonds in a blind trust than from him having been allowed to hold the GS stock (which I certainly would have been against). It is true that right now it looks like he is in a better situation than if he had been forced to sell but it could have gone the other way. Certainly anyone holding government bonds is going to have some worries about this plan to "borrow" $700 billion. That's clearly inflationary and not good for fixed income holders (bondholders)

Having said that, it looks like there was an amendment to Section 1043(b) in 2006 that changed the definition of who was eligible for this tax break. I'm sure someone will find a way to blame the Democrats for that but that would be some pretty magical thinking even for neocons. Read the amendment but it doesn't seem to be designed for Paulson since the amendment expands the eligibility to the judiciary. Looks to me like it always applied to the executive branch so every other treasury secretary since the Code section was enacted would have enjoyed the same privilege and I'm sure many of them had substantial stock holdings.

Here's a link:

http://www.taxalmanac.org/index.php/Internal_Revenue_Code:Sec._1043._Sale_of_property_to_comply_with_conflict-of-interest_requirements

Tessan
09-24-08, 01:09
Yes it is not the same, but I did say "if I remember right." I remember talk on cnbc talking about not paying tax. I did not look it up, because I was basicly telling sid he sold it. I did qualify it with "If I remember right"

Dickhead
09-24-08, 01:21
Sure, I understand that. I just thought if you posted it you could be the one to look it up. Thanks. I do realize most mongers don't want to sit around reading the Internal Revenue Code but I think what Section 1043 is trying to accomplish is fairly valid. We don't want powerful politicians to own individual equities whose value they could then manipulate through legislation and so forth. Then again, I'm not sure having the Treasury Secretary owning a bunch of treasury securities is the way to go either. Maybe that needs to change

Note also that he could have bought any "diversified investment fund" (meaning mutual fund yes but hedge fund no) and achieved the same result. We don't know what he bought when he dumped GS. Of course if he'd bought an index fund around that time he'd be pretty well hosed now too, although not as badly.

Tessan
09-24-08, 02:23
I don't think giving Treasury authority to buy up $700 billion in "loans" is the way to go, but a knee jerk reaction to save "Wall Street" by a Treasury Secretary from Wall Street who just wants to save his friends.

We are not going to know the value of our financial institutions or the housing market until they are allowed to bottom out at their true value, which is going to be expensive and painful. Attempting to shore it up by the Treasury with our tax dollars will only delay the bitter pill all American's are going to have to swallow at some point and probably make it worse.

I also don't think CEO's should be walking away with tens of millions of dollars in golden parachutes after crashing their companies. There is just something basically wrong in lavishly rewarding failure. I think the guys who ran these firms should be stripped of their wealth and sent to prison; their families thrown out on the streets broke. A few of them swinging from ropes from the lamp posts along Wall Street as an example would be better, but I doubt anyone has the stomach for it. It would not help the situation now but it would set the example for future CEO's thinking of taking the same path in the future that there is responsibility at the end of the road and Uncle Sugar will not come save the day with my money!

I fully believe in the free market, but what we have gotten under both Democrats and Republicans beginning with Clinton is corruption, greed, and theft, not free market. I doubt McCain or Obama have either the brains or the balls to do what it will take to clean it up since no one is going to want to really face up to what this is going to do to the country.I do believe in free markets, but I also believe Paulson is doing the right thing. The big problem banks are having is they have to Mark-to-Market. If a security traded in a fire sale for 10 cents on the dollar, which some have, then all banks have to Mark a similar security at 10 cents. Which causes their reserves to be too low, and can force then into bankruptcy.

The vast majority of mortgages are not in default, but some of the prices on the mortgages are assuming default. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac had to mark down mortgages that where written before the housing bubble, which where not likely to default, since the houses are probably worth more then the mortgages, but since they had to mark-to-market, they had to lower the value, which meant they did not have enough capital. My understanding is that over 90% of their mortgages where written pre housing bubble, I think I even heard on CNBC it was 95% but I don't want to stand by that number.

When a mortgage goes into default, the house is foreclosed and sold, so the bank does not lose 100% of it money, but it can lose 50-70% in this market. Assuming 100% defaults on one particular set of mortgages, which I think has never happen, why would something sell at 10 cents on the dollar? The reason is they had to Mark-to-market, which meant they did not have enough capital, which forced them to sell out their position.

One way that was suggested to address this problem, was to allow banks to Mark-to-Model. That way they cannot be forced into bankruptcy, by someone selling something too cheaply. The problem with Mark-to-Model is that people lose trust in the value of the holdings of these banks.

Paulson came up with a plan to set a floor on the prices of these mortgage backed stuff. The government would put a bid on them, causing a minimum price. So no more banks go under, and they will keep the mark-to-market model. Depending on what price the government buys this stuff, it can make money, if they hold the mortgages until the housing market come up again, which could be years away. Treasury has to pay just enough to keep the bank afloat, but losing money, and not too much more. If Treasury pays too much more, then it will be rewarding bad behavior.

One guy on CNBC 2 days ago, said, once there is a floor on the price, some bank will not sell them, since they can make more money by holding them, and they are not forced to sell, because of Mark-to-market.

The reason it had to be done is that one money market broke the bank. People started pulling their money out all over the country, which was causing good stuff to sell at fire sale prices, which would have cause other money markets to break the buck, which would cause more panic. Money Markets do not hold mortgages, but the panic was spreading. As Values of stuff sold went down, more and more bank would have become insolvent, because they have to mark-to-market. Any many banks doe hold good paper too, which would have to be marked-to-market.

I think he did the right thing, but this does not address credit-default swaps, which is HUGE!

Dickhead
09-24-08, 02:30
Blaming mark-to-market is a red herring. It's a superior accounting practice. These securities are fungible. If bank X holds security Y and bank Z sells security Y in the open market for N dollars then security Y is also worth N dollars to bank X, by definition, if you really believe in free markets! The concept of a "fire sale" price might make sense in a shallow or illiquid market but the markets in question are broad and liquid.

Tessan
09-24-08, 02:52
The concept of a "fire sale" price might make sense in a shallow or illiquid market but the markets in question are broad and liquid.You are wrong, has not been liquid for a while, the mortgage stuff is not liquid now. Ask any trader, only the very best stuff is selling, the less quality stuff is not.

The banks have to Mark-to-market.

Dickhead
09-24-08, 17:15
"Oil of coal, of course, is a fungible commodity and they don't flag, ya know, the molecules where, where it's going to, where it's not, but and in the, in the sense of the Congress today they know our very, very hungry domestic markets that need that oil first. So I believe that what Congress is going to do also is not to allow the export bans to such a degree that it's Americans who get stuck holding the bag without the energy source that is produced here, pumped here; it's gotta flow into our domestic markets first."

http://www.salon.com/env/feature/2008/09/24/sarah_palin_energy/

El Alamo
09-24-08, 18:39
I think Sarah Palin is caught in the middle of the so called global warming conflict. She doesn't believe in global warming but her running mate does. Consequently she has a hard time telling the global warming advocates to stick a lump of coal up their ass.

Nobody disagrees that we have global warming. The issue is whether it is man made global warming. We have been coming out of a mini ice age for several centuries and there have been minimal increases in temperatures which appear to have peaked in 1998.

As far as I can tell there was a plateau in atmospheric temperatures in 1998 and since 1998 there has been a slight dectreases in atmospheric temperatures.

The real test is Artic ice coverage. This year I. E 2008 there was 10 to 20% more artic ice coverage than in the summer of 2007. This is a trend that I think is going to continue.

I have made a living off the stupidity of others. I will bet the ranch that in the next 5 years the issue of artic ice coverage will disappear. We are entering an age of global cooling.

My source in the Old Farmers Alamanac. They are serious meterologists, although you might not believe it, who recently predicted that this winter will be brutal because we are entering a era of global cooling.

I might be dead wrong but I am willing to bet the ranch that man made global warming, not global warming, is an idea that will rank up with the idea that the world is flat or the moon is made of blue cheese.

Dickhead
09-24-08, 18:46
Shit, that be@tch is so tight, if you could shove a lump of coal up her ass before long you'd have a diamond. Love that line about "making a living off other people's stupidity."

Punter 127
09-24-08, 19:00
Senator Joe Biden Democrat Vice Presidential Nominee held an interview with Katie Couric of CBS Evening News. Biden said “Part of what a leader does is to instill confidence is demonstrate that he or she knows what their talking about and communicates to people, if you listen to me and follow what I ’m suggesting we can fix this. When the stock market crashed Franklin Roosevelt got on television and didn ’t just talk about the you know the princes of greed, look, here's what happened,'"

Update: Television was the size of a credit card and was experimental definitely not mainstream. Liberals should quit trying to make Joe Bidens lie a truth by saying President Roosevelt did appear on TV from the Worlds Fair but not speaking about the depression. :rolleyes:

"And if you owned an experimental TV set in 1929, you would have seen him. And you would have said to yourself, 'Who is that guy? What happened to President Hoover?'"

"Chuck, stand up, let the people see you, Oh, God love ya," Biden said. "What am I talking about?" :eek:

El Perro
09-24-08, 19:54
Maybe I'll push that debate back a little!

Gauntlet77
09-24-08, 20:41
Hey, El Alamo, you and I may be in a minority, but we are on the same page concerning the manmade theory of global warming.

Claims that the principal cause of global warming is CO2 is a hoax, perhaps just a pretext to enact a worldwide carbon tax, create more bureaucracy and create jobs for failed politicians. It also distracts our attention from the real environmental degradation taking place.

Strange how the media manages to ignore the hundreds of reputable scientists and academics who have poked holes in the CO2 theories and computer models.

The most persuasive theory behind global warming and now global cooling, is sunspot activity. Yes people, it's that simple. When the sun gets hotter, so does the earth and vice versa. But hey, you can't win nobel prizes and generate tax revenues on that. Nope, you have to do that on people's stupidity.

I think Sarah Palin is caught in the middle of the so called global warming conflict. She doesn't believe in global warming but her running mate does. Consequently she has a hard time telling the global warming advocates to stick a lump of coal up their ass.

Nobody disagrees that we have global warming. The issue is whether it is man made global warming. We have been coming out of a mini ice age for several centuries and there have been minimal increases in temperatures which appear to have peaked in 1998.

As far as I can tell there was a plateau in atmospheric temperatures in 1998 and since 1998 there has been a slight dectreases in atmospheric temperatures.

The real test is Artic ice coverage. This year I. E 2008 there was 10 to 20% more artic ice coverage than in the summer of 2007. This is a trend that I think is going to continue.

I have made a living off the stupidity of others. I will bet the ranch that in the next 5 years the issue of artic ice coverage will disappear. We are entering an age of global cooling.

My source in the Old Farmers Alamanac. They are serious meterologists, although you might not believe it, who recently predicted that this winter will be brutal because we are entering a era of global cooling.

I might be dead wrong but I am willing to bet the ranch that man made global warming, not global warming, is an idea that will rank up with the idea that the world is flat or the moon is made of blue cheese.

El Perro
09-24-08, 21:28
All his mannerisms and facial contortions seem to confirm this to me. What does Doggboy think? And you other armchair psychologists?

-------

I had a long, miserable, contentious relation with his Goldman predecessor, Robert Rubin, a totally untrustworthy man and 100% for Goldman to the detriment for the company we served. I can't help but believe Pauley is the same! It seems obvious to me that Pauley is serving Goldman's interest, Wall Street's interest, and that next hugely lucrative Wall Street job, that will be waiting for him!

------

Bernie seems like a naive, lifelong academic ''going along for a ride'' with Pauley. Of course, a lucrative Wall Street job will be there for him as well.

-------

Everything both have done in approximately 2 years in office has been late and disaster. I want no part of giving $700 billion to spend at their discretion. Besides that, the Plan sucks!Hey Sid-I only saw the first few hours of the first day of hearings. Pauley looked damn nervous and uncomfortable-but who wouldn't be? And for Bernie-an ivory tower, decent guy, I suppose, but out of his element. Cox-a used car salesman, slick and in bed with all the Wall St. Head honchos.

My take on Pauley is that he is anxious because he can't give honest answers to specific questions about the plan-BECAUSE HE DOESN'T KNOW THE SPECIFIC ANSWERS! All he knows is that they have to throw a ton of money at the mess, and they want to work out the nasty details AFTER Congress signs off. So, he comes off as a dissembling, half ignorant, reluctant cheerleader.

Dickhead
09-24-08, 22:12
I never liked Biden since the plagiarism accusation but even sillier is that the stock market crash happened in Oct. 1929 and FDR took office in March of 1933. Sure glad I don't care which of these two clowns becomes the next vice president. But I guess the clown running with the 46-year-old is less of an issue than the clown running with the 68-year-old.

Christ, if a bunch of mongers can recognize all these gross inaccuracies, what kind of fact-checkers are they hiring? Maybe the media budget precluded hiring fact checkers? If I still lived there I'd be pretty scared.

El Perro
09-24-08, 22:22
I never liked Biden since the plagiarism accusation but even sillier is that the stock market crash happened in Oct. 1929 and FDR took office in March of 1933. Sure glad I don't care which of these two clowns becomes the next vice president. But I guess the clown running with the 46-year-old is less of an issue than the clown running with the 68-year-old.

Christ, if a bunch of mongers can recognize all these gross inaccuracies, what kind of fact-checkers are they hiring? Maybe the media budget precluded hiring fact checkers? If I still lived there I'd be pretty scared.Funny you don't hear much about the plagiarism thing. Maybe they are talikng about it up there, but we don't hear about it down here.

Rock Harders
09-25-08, 00:42
Mongers,

As the debates approach, and the economy falters further, Obama is padding his lead down the home stretch.

Suerte,

Rock Harders.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20080924/pl_politico/13876;_ylt=A0S00aSX.dpImrQANAFsnwcF

Dickhead
09-25-08, 01:45
Funny you don't hear much about the plagiarism thing. Maybe they are talikng about it up there, but we don't hear about it down here.It was really pretty minor and it was a long time ago, but I did not like the way he tried to weasel out of it when he could have just admitted it. It wasn't the kind of plagiarism that would have gotten him expelled. Mostly a failure to cite sources.

Punter 127
09-25-08, 10:57
Mongers,

As the debates approach, and the economy falters further, Obama is padding his lead down the home stretch.

Suerte,

Rock Harders.Yes Sirree Bob, looks like a landslide, we probably don ’t really need to have that November 4th election, after all we ’ve seen this kind of thing before.

" DEWEY OBAMA AHEAD! RACE CLOSE"

"Give 'em hell, Harry John!"

El Perro
09-25-08, 11:40
''They know nothing about finance, markets, Wall Street, economy, etc. They are an embarassment''! -----------An empathizing SidBut Jim Rogers says that about nearly every human being on the planet, including nearly everybody on Wall Street!:)

El Perro
09-25-08, 12:44
Just my take!Hey, don't get me wrong. I like Jim Rogers. A more interesting bio would be hard to find. In the past few years he sold his sumptuous apartment in Manhatten, transferred his dollars to other currencies, mostly Asian currencies, moved to Singapore and is having his young daughter learn Manderin. Not your typical behavior from an Alabama boy.:)

Wild Walleye
09-25-08, 14:02
Interesting how one could say that either candidate has a true 'lead' or especially one that has been recently padded, given that 136 electoral votes are in "toss-up" states (poll margins all below the margin or error)

If you look at the electoral college, distribute, toss-up states to the current leader in that state, you get 273/265 for Obama / Mccain.

The 2000 election (closest electoral race ever) was 271/266. I think Al Gore still has the 'lead' in that one.

All of the polls are fallible and should be taken with a grain of salt. If one wants to be heard, go vote.

Mongers,

Suerte,

Rock Harders.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20080924/pl_politico/13876;_ylt=A0S00aSX.dpImrQANAFsnwcF

El Perro
09-25-08, 14:26
Just wondering!Googling shows Yale and then Oxford.

Punter 127
09-25-08, 20:22
Afeared?

Maybe I'll push that debate back a little!"We know he didn't do it because he's afraid because Sen. McCain wanted more debates," Clinton said, adding that he was "encouraged" by the joint statement from McCain and Sen. Barack Obama.

"You can put it off a few days the problem is it's hard to reschedule those things," Clinton said, "I presume he did that in good faith since I know he wanted -- I remember he asked for more debates to go all around the country and so I don't think we ought to overly parse that."

El Perro
09-25-08, 20:43
"We know he didn't do it because he's afraid because Sen. McCain wanted more debates," Clinton said, adding that he was "encouraged" by the joint statement from McCain and Sen. Barack Obama.

"You can put it off a few days the problem is it's hard to reschedule those things," Clinton said, "I presume he did that in good faith since I know he wanted -- I remember he asked for more debates to go all around the country and so I don't think we ought to overly parse that."Billy C sure don't like Obama! But then, most charming guys don't like other charming guys. Competition and all.

Punter 127
09-25-08, 20:54
Billy C sure don't like Obama! But then, most charming guys don't like other charming guys. Competition and all.He's just telling it like it is! I never thought I'd find myself agreeing with Bill Clinton... lol

BadMan
09-25-08, 21:34
He's just telling it like it is! I never thought I'd find myself agreeing with Bill Clinton. LolIt's not that hard to imagine. Remember, the enemy of your enemy is your friend.

Regards,

BM.

Punter 127
09-25-08, 21:49
It's not that hard to imagine. Remember, the enemy of your enemy is your friend.

Regards,

BM.Perhaps in your world.

BadMan
09-25-08, 22:14
Perhaps in your world.Perhaps, but your comment illustrated my point. So I assume it is your world as well, and just about every single politicians world also.

Regards,

BM

Punter 127
09-25-08, 22:32
Perhaps, but your comment illustrated my point. So I assume it is your world as well, and just about every single politicians world also.

Regards,

BM.Let me make this as simple as possible for you, I'm not a politician and I don't pick my friends by who their enemies are. I have never found myself that desperate for friends, perhaps you have.

Punter 127
09-25-08, 23:55
1. All banks, credit unions, S+L's, credit card companies, auto finance companies, China, South Korea, Japan, Brokers, etc. Must eat their their losses. All receiving loans must be paid or they will lose their assets.

2. If the Plan is funded, much can be used to assume all the good loans of FNM+FRE. These companies will be bankrupted. All securities holders (stock+bonds to receive nothing!

3. FNM+FRE will be re-capitalized with Treasury and public money. They will re-institute their very conservative lending standards of the past. They will buy mortgages from financial institutions.

4. All the ''bad loans'' of FNM+FRE, Brokers, and all others, will be renegotiated ruthlessly (a la Buffet) with substantial equity interest for the government.

This is a start! I'm a free market kind of guy, and I don't favor a socialist solution to this problem. I'm hopeful McCain is going to come up with more of a free market type of solution, and lead us more in the direction you speak of.

Daddy Rulz
09-26-08, 00:45
I 'm a free market kind of guy, and I don 't favor a socialist solution to this problem. I 'm hopeful McCain is going to come up with more of a free market type of solution, and lead us more in the direction you speak of.This will be done long before either McCain or Obama are in office. Though both parties will blame the continuing problems on the other. I think Sid should just cut the banks a check, so he will be lite a trillion or so he can spare it.

Has anybody besides me seen the STUPID email about Obama being the Antichrist?

My favorite part?

"The anti-Christ > will > be a man,

> in his 40's, of MUSLIM descent,"

The revelation of St John? Maso 69-79 AD.

Birth of Mohamed? Around 500 AD.

Somebody quoting revelations as saying the Antichrist is a Muslim when revelations predates Islam by 400 years? Priceless.

I love it when these wack-a-doodle evangelicals get their bible references wrong.

Stowe
09-26-08, 01:28
I'm a free market kind of guy, and I don't favor a socialist solution to this problem. I'm hopeful McCain is going to come up with more of a free market type of solution, and lead us more in the direction you speak of.The companies should all be allowed to fail since their greed (and almost zero regulations) got us into this. However, if the taxpayers do help them, then we should get a percentage of their profits / assets as a ROI for bailing the out.

No free rides.

Suerte.

Stowe

Punter 127
09-26-08, 02:06
This will be done long before either McCain or Obama are in office.Daddy I'm not talking about after the election, I’m talking about what’s going on in D. C. Right now. McCain is a United States senator you know, and Congress does have to approve any kind of a bail out.

Instead of reading trash emails maybe you should try brushing up on the current news, or at least check with Stowe.

I hope you haven’t been wondering around aimlessly in that south Texas sun without a hat again!

OK bubba?

Punter 127
09-26-08, 02:44
The companies should all be allowed to fail since their greed (and almost zero regulations) got us into this. However, if the taxpayers do help them, then we should get a percentage of their profits / assets as a ROI for bailing the out.

No free rides.

Suerte.

StoweI don’t think they will just let them fail, but if they do help them I hope it ’s in the form of loans, not hand outs. And I hope they will lose their assets for failure to repay. I’m not an economist but I know a free market includes both profits and losses.

Miami Bob
09-26-08, 03:00
The USA is on the edge of a credit cliff. Either we stop the USA from falling off the cliff or we will find out what argentine-like business cycles are all about.

This must be done quickly. Credit is not available and more banks will fail or be individually bailed out. Please read all of the descriptive materials carefully from sources like the NY Times, the Washington Post or the Wall Street Journal before passing judgement about what needs to be done regardless of whether or not it fits into your theoretical concepts of socialism or capitalism or good or bad.

With frozed credit markets: no mortgages, no car loans, credit card debt frozen,

Business capital dried up. This may not lead to a repeat of the 1930's, but the pain will be that of a depression, not just a recession.

WE can debate good and bad or place blame where ever we need to later.

BadMan
09-26-08, 04:09
Let me make this as simple as possible for you, I'm not a politician and I don't pick my friends by who their enemies are. I have never found myself that desperate for friends, perhaps you have.No need to be so angry [Deleted by Admin]. It was a simple comment. Your taking it literally and getting defensive [Deleted by Admin] is unnecessary.

Regards,

BM

Punter 127
09-26-08, 04:27
The USA is on the edge of a credit cliff. Either we stop the USA from falling off the cliff or we will find out what argentine-like business cycles are all about.

This must be done quickly. Credit is not available and more banks will fail or be individually bailed out. Please read all of the descriptive materials carefully from sources like the ny times, the washington post or the wall street journal before passing judgement about what needs to be done regardless of whether or not it fits into your theoretical concepts of socialism or capitalism or good or bad.

With frozed credit markets: no mortgages, no car loans, credit card debt frozen,

Business capital dried up. This may not lead to a repeat of the 1930's, but the pain will be that of a depression, not just a recession.

WE can debate good and bad or place blame where ever we need to later. It must be some kind of red letter day or something I find myself agreeing with Bill Clinton on something and Miami Bob finds himself standing shoulder to shoulder with the likes of George W. Bush, go figure.

Relax Bob I’m sure they ’ll come up with some kind of a plan Friday, but I don’t think it will be blindly handing over 700 billion dollars.

Btw what is a "frozed credit market"?

BadMan
09-26-08, 04:59
Let me make this as simple as possible for you, I'm not a politician and I don't pick my friends by who their enemies are. I have never found myself that desperate for friends, perhaps you have. No need to be so angry [Deleted by Admin]. It was a simple comment. Your taking it literally and getting defensive [Deleted by Admin] is unnecessary.

Regards,

BM

El Perro
09-26-08, 08:39
Looks like the House republicans are going to play hardball with the bailout package. Apparently they are looking for a deal that will use mortgage insurance as some of the $ for the bailout. As for McCain and the debate delay, hey, he has already said he ain't an economic guru and you can bet his handlers would prefer he enter the debate after this bailout thing is done. Fewer difficult questions to contend with and less need to wing it.

As for Billy C supporting McCain about this debate thing, I can only hazard a guess that Billy lost some brain cells during that heart operation he had.

Daddy Rulz
09-26-08, 11:03
Daddy I 'm not talking about after the election, I 'm talking about what 's going on in D. C. Right now. McCain is a United States senator you know, and congress does have to approve any kind of a bail out.

Instead of reading trash emails maybe you should try brushing up on the current news, or at least check with Stowe.

I hope you haven 't been wondering around aimlessly in that south Texas sun without a hat again!

OK bubba?With all the hype I had forgotten that (not kidding) Not the S Texas sun but too much exposure to inbred Pennsylvanians.

Tiny12
09-26-08, 12:56
Blaming mark-to-market is a red herring. It's a superior accounting practice. These securities are fungible. If bank X holds security why and bank Z sells security why in the open market for N dollars then security why is also worth N dollars to bank X, by definition, if you really believe in free markets! The concept of a "fire sale" price might make sense in a shallow or illiquid market but the markets in question are broad and liquid.I think you're right, but only in theory. And the markets in some of these instruments are anything but broad and liquid. Where do you see massive trading in mortgage backed securities? People are having to guess prices based on relatively few trades.

If I had to choose between mark-to-market accounting being laid aside for the next year or government using lots and lots of my tax dollars to bail out financial institutions, I'd prefer they lay aside mark-to-market.

If the politicians don't come up with a plan by September 30, the date for 3rd quarter financial statements, mark-to-market accounting may cause a meltdown in the system. Some large banks and other financial institutions won't meet their capital requirements required by their regulators, counterparties and creditors.

Brad117
09-26-08, 21:37
McCain has transformed a minority in both houses of Congress and a losing position in the polls into the key role in the bailout package, the main man around whom the final package will take shape. He arrived in Washington to find the Democrats working with the Bush Administration to pass an unpopular $700 billion bailout. The Democrats had already cut their deal with Bush. The Dems agreed to the price tag while Bush agreed to special aid to families facing foreclosure, equity for the taxpayers, and limits on executive compensation. But no sooner had McCain arrived than he derailed the deal.

Citizens United Productions Presents HYPE: The Obama Effect! Knowing how unpopular the bailout is with the American people, the Democrats are not about to pass anything without broad Republican support even though their majorities permit them to act alone. Instead of signing on with the Democratic / Bush package, the House Republicans are insisting on replacing the purchase of corporate debt with loans to companies and insurance paid for by the companies, not by the taxpayers. That, of course, is a popular position. McCain would be comfortable to debate this issue division all day. And, if the Dems don't cave into the Republican position, that's probably exactly what he'll do on Friday night's scheduled debate in Mississippi.

But the Democrats are not about to be stubborn. They know their package is a lemon and need the political cover of Republican support. So the Republicans can write their own ticket. And they will. John McCain will be at the center of the emerging compromise while Obama is out on the campaign trail kissing babies. If the deal is cut before Friday's debate, my bet is that McCain shows up in triumph. If it isn't, he shows up anyway and flagellates Obama over the differences between the Democratic package and McCain's.

By Monday, at the latest, the Democrats have to cave in and pass the Republican version. They don't dare pass their own without GOP support, so they will have to cave in to the Republican version.

Then McCain comes out of the process as the hero who made it happen when the president couldn't and Obama wouldn't. He becomes the bailout expert.

And, of course, the bailout will work. With the feds standing behind the bad debt, whether by purchase or loans and insurance, Wall Street will breathe a sigh of relief. Bears won't dare bet against the economy with the entire weight of the federal government on the other side. They may be bears but they are not rabid.

Finally, McCain, as the reigning expert on bailouts, then can take the tax issue to Obama, saying that a tax increase, such as the Democrat is pushing, would destroy the bailout, ruin the economy, and trigger a collapse.

This bold move by McCain is about to work. Big time.Dick Morris is a COMPLETE idiot, and has zero credibility. Not because of this article, but because he has been for years. What a moron! His opinion means zero.

El Perro
09-26-08, 21:53
Dick Morris is a COMPLETE idiot, and has zero credibility. Not because of this article, but because he has been for years. What a moron! His opinion means zero.Amen brother. A worthless whoare is he.

Miami Bob
09-26-08, 23:00
I tell you my story: my small business has had a six figure unsecured line of credit with the same conservatively run commercial bank for 19 years, which I periodically use to operate when cash flow is tight. I have personal liquid assets greater than the line of credit and equity in real estate many times the value of the line of credit. My fica score is 780+. This line is up for renewel 10/1. For the first time in 19 years, the bank is calling in my line. I started to contact other banks and --guess what---nothing is available. I may need to re-organise my finances.

No equity lines of credit are available secured by the equity in my primary residence of 14 years. I still receive many offers of credit cards in the mail.

Smells like bad fish.

This is a frozen credit market from a micro point of view. I assume retailers
with secured lines on their inventory are sweating bullets. In the newpapers we read about publically traded companies having problems. Mom and Pop are entering a nightmare. What the hell, let them fail in every town in the usa.

What does not kill you makes you stronger.

As I'm writing this CNBC is discusing the Bush experiment in voluntary regulation of investment banks. I guess that Bush is just a "free market kind of guy" we are still paying for another "free market kind of guy" 's decision not to regulate federal savings and loans.

I am a capitalist. I have voted Republican and will again. I probably have voted more often Democratic. I do not mean to attack any one personally.

I am angry that the regulators haven't been regulating and that without a bail out of some sort, we will have a depression Both the democrats and the republicans are playing petty politics. And intelligent and independant thinkers [hi syd] are reading the diatribes of political operatives pretending to be journalists. FUBAR!

Exon123
09-27-08, 12:15
Dick Morris is a COMPLETE idiot, and has zero credibility. Not because of this article, but because he has been for years. What a moron! His opinion means zero.Ya, I couldn't agree more. But one must remember the dirty little "Exon" is a fellow Monger and that in its self deserves some respect.

Exon

BadMan
09-27-08, 13:12
But here are some more.

CBS Insta Poll shows Barack Obama won 39% to John McCain's 25% with 36% saying the debate was a draw.

Insider Advantage reports of those polled Obama won 42% to McCain's 41% with Undecided 17%

CNN reports voter opinions that Obama "did better" 51%, McCain "did better" 38%

The CNN poll showed men were evenly split, but women gave Obama higher marks 59% to 41% for McCain.

The MSNBC on-line (non-scientific) poll showed Obama winning the debate 52% to 33%.

MediaCurves.com reported Independents favored Obama overall 61% to 38%.

Regards,

BM.

BadMan
09-27-08, 13:41
Lol,

Remember this post from about 2 years ago Hunt?

Goodbye, John McCain. Hello Obama!

Hillary and the Clintonistas are going to cut him off at the knees. If he plays nice he might get a VP nomination. If not - well, remember Vince Foster?

It doesn't matter anyway. President Rudy Giuliani is going to be inaugurated on January 20, 2009. I say this because I percieve that people want a strong, competent leader who can effectively crush America's enemies. Of all the potential candidates, nobody comes close to Giuliani in this regard.Now remember this one?

I have heard many times this past year about this new guy Barak Obama, I heard him speak once and the guy has some charisma. The question is, Is he electable and would you vote for him? I have heard many arguments for and against, some people say the Republicans have been so disgraced during Bushes last term in office, what with all the Republican homosexual scandals and Iraq, and corruption numbers increasing and what not, that they are going into the 2008 elections with a handicap, the question is, will the person chosen by the Democrats be electable. In other words, it is the Democrats election to lose.

What do you guys think?

The arguments for Obama is that he is new to the scene, and so people think he will bring change to a corrupt system and maybe bring new ideas.

The arguments against him are, he is too young, he lacks political credentials, only being in the senate for two years. I have also heard the same thing over and over again, is the U. S. A ready to elect an African American for Prez? I have heard similair things regarding Hillary, is the U. S ready to elect a woman? Although I am no Democrat, if Barak gets nominated, I will vote for him. I don't see to many other options on the table for Dems or Independents. Hillary, I would not vote for. She isn't liked at all by Republicans, so she won't bring any votes to her from disillusioned Rep's and alot of her rhetoric is very Republican sounding and that might cause many Dems to not show up at the polls. It's a tough one this year and most in the country agree, we need a change, but the question is who will lead that change and more importantly, who will the electorate choose to lead them in this time of change?Sometimes it's funny how off the mark we can be. Reading back, I actually said I would vote for him if nominated. I am not at all 100% sure anymore. What I can say with certainty is that he will win.

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

Regards,

BM.

Jackson
09-27-08, 14:30
Dick Morris is a COMPLETE idiot, and has zero credibility. Not because of this article, but because he has been for years. What a moron! His opinion means zero.I like Dick Morris. I think he offers valuable insight into the "behind the scenes" motivations behind many political events.

I read his latest book "Fleeced" (13 weeks on the NY Times best seller list) last month. I thought he made some noteworthy and well-footnoted points.

I think that most people the think he's "a complete idiot with zero credibility" simply don't like him because he's not chanting their mantra. For example, a lot of "hoping for a miracle" Hillary fans didn't like that he was calling her out of the race in the middle of the primaries, and he was just doing the math at that point in time.

Thanks,

Jackson

El Queso
09-27-08, 14:40
Truly, an unbiased report!That comment related to the Fox poll.

I was watching last night at one point while the poll was being run (it started about the same time the debate started) after the debate had ended. Sean Hannity was doing his bulldog bit espousing the same words over and over again like a foghorn blasting the news of shoals through fog, as the Fox poll was running under his image.

I just thought it was one of the most blatantly biased things that Fox has done.

So, I was hoping your comment was tongue-in-cheek:)

Exon123
09-27-08, 15:20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUfH03dDVeg&eurl=http://www.lukeisback.com/?paged=7

Exon

Miami Bob
09-27-08, 15:35
Whether you see one candidate or the other ahead on points:

1. McCains strength is foreign policy and he should of mopped the flloor with Obama. Pat thinks the it was close. Pat is the definition of conservative, but not neocon.

2. Obama demonstated that he can be seen as "presidential" and in that sense he won. He can hold his own with a more experienced man in the area of the other man's strength.

Just a comment from some one who watched on a business chanel w / a moderater, Larry Kodlow, who served in the Reagan administration and is a self-admitted very conservative "free market kind of guy" and shares many neocon viewpoints--although he is not a doctrinaire neocon.

Stowe
09-27-08, 21:24
I don't think they will just let them fail, but if they do help them I hope it 's in the form of loans, not hand outs. And I hope they will lose their assets for failure to repay. I'm not an economist but I know a free market includes both profits and losses.This is what we did with the S & L crisis in the 80's. When they were bailed out the government took a vested interest in any profits. And, of course, the public got that money back--right!

I do believe that 'free markets' need some level of regulation because of greed or corruption as we have seen in this situation, Enron, World Crossing and all the others over the past 15 years.

Suerte.

Stowe

Punter 127
09-28-08, 06:48
Paulson and company came to congress asking for $700 billion, the words rolled off their tongues like they were asking for a doggy bag at the local steak house. They should have worn masks, carried guns, and ask for the money in small unmarked bills.

Bush came along with his tail between his legs and a pen in his hand, apparently ready to sign any legislation congress comes up with.

The Democrat controlled Congress is ready to hand over the money, but they want the Republicans to go along with them. Why? They have the votes without the Republicans.

Bush, Paulson, Bernanke, and the Democrat Congress strange bedfellows indeed, the only hold outs are those pesky House Republicans that they don ’t need anyway.

So why don ’t they just pass a bill?

There can only be one reason that I can see; they want someone to share the blame if this $700 billion ransom bailout "rescue " doesn ’t work. What will we do if it fails to produce the desired results?

They have asked the American tax payer to call this robbery of the American Treasury a "rescue ", wow talk about lipstick on a pig! Next they ’ll want us to treat them like heroes for saving us with our own money. (To be paid later)

I ’m not saying we shouldn ’t take some action, but I ’m also not convinced this is the only option. Remember we haven ’t had much luck with knee jerk reactions in the past; also remember there are those among us that would love to see the USA go belly up!

When it comes to dealing with the government and to quote a famous President "trust but verify."

Daddy Rulz
09-28-08, 12:31
Clinton (Bill) was on the daily show and he was talking about "writing down" these mortgages as part of a bail out program along with a moratorium on foreclosures as done during the depression. He said that this process actually made money for the Government then.

Without making this a partisan "how much Bill Clinton sucks" discussion this seems to make sense to me. People stay in their homes and keep paying, bailout makes money, banks don't fail, taxpayer makes profit, and a plan with a proven track record. It also seems simple.

I'm interested in understanding the why not's from the financial guys that post here. Sid, Exon, Miami Bob or anybody else with an opinion that doesn't smack too much of rabid partisanism.

Miami Bob
09-28-08, 22:25
Favored by everyone except the house Republicans, Mccain and the majority of the american public. Why--theses are bob's guesses:

1. The american public does not appreciate how close to a major colapse the usa is at this moment. Maybe that is a good thing so that we don't have major "runs on the banks" ie everyone pulling out their money at the same time. Every usa citizen should watch frank capra's movie--it's a wonderful life, now.

2. WE can either watch as the USA economy goes through a very painful cycle or try to cut it off to minimize the pain. This is not free market. This will give a huge financial benefit to wall street financial types. There is no perfect answer.

I am angry, but would rather avoid a serious depression, than keep to a theoretical game plan and punish the financial geniuses who all got rich getting us into this mess.

How many salespeople from merill, lehman and goldman made millions of dollars per year in commissions selling this garbage paper to institutional clients---insurance companies, hedge funds, pension funds. It was safe because the rating agencies said so. The rating agencies--ah an another wonderful group of highly paid and skilled professionals.

This is why I am repeatedly talking about "free market kind of guys" I consider myself a "free market kind of guy" in theory. The reality is that there is no free market. The big fish are eating the little fish and that is a free market without diligent regulation. I am starting to think that lack of regulation means a open ticket for the rich[top 2%] to steal from the rest of us.

3. The conservative house republicans want to use insurance to guarantee instead of buying toxic paper[which may actually be unreasonably undervalued because no one really knows what anything is worth and psychologically everyone is afraid].

Insurance underwriting is based upon statistically assessing risk. At some time in the future we may be able to do this. NOW either we start a fix or we will have a failure. There is no way to calculate risks when we take apart mortgage instruments and break them down into individual mortgages now.

How do you calculate risks on communities in floridaa where 80%+ are behind in their mortgage payments and all the mortgages are greater than the market values of the properties securing those mortgages. There is no insurance private market solution here.

What Bill Clinton is describing is the government buying these bad mortgages at a "fair" value; keeeping the homeowners in the houses where they can and holding this paper purchased at a discount, until the market changes. Eventually[read years] the toxic paper owned by the government should be worth more than the government paid for it aND IN THEORY the government makes a profit. This is what Warren Buffet explained and bill clinton is trying to explain.

Paulson speaks in very complex terms. Clinton speaks in very simple terms. They are saying the same thing. W the president w / a Harvard MBA also agrees.

WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO HAVE A CONSENSIS. The usa public is not in aggreement and if we wait the month for a full public debate, it may be too late. Almost all of government must be in aggreement or this will be seen like dona kristina F de K acting against the public's will immediately before an election. This is my 2cents

THERE ARE TIMES WHEN POLITICIANS MUST ACT FOR THE PUBLIC GOOD EVEN IF IT CREATES POLITICAL PROBLEMS FOR THOSE POLITICIANS IN A TIME OF CRSIS. A better than average president, JFK, had his university honor thesis publish as "Profiles in Courage" It is a history of couraeous senators who worked for the public good and hurt themselves politically in the process. Even W, the presisdent, sees the need for immediate action and is working with Hank Paulsen and the Democratic leadership of the House and a Senate consensis of both Republicans and Democracts. I do tip my hat to W who is demonstarting political courage before the end of his term.

Daddy Rulz
09-28-08, 22:39
Ok so the government of the great US and A (as Borat says) buys up these mortgages (I reckon in blocks) and then makes the money on them. So say it takes the housing market 5 years to recover in S Florida and folks can get out from under them because they are no longer underwater.

This would be good no? Better than dumping 80% of the houses on the market, whatever emerged from that situation might be pure from a free market standpoint but it doesn't sound like fun to me Frank.

Of course self regulation is always best, but somehow they have to keep irresponsible guys like me from having mortgages in the future no?

Miami Bob
09-28-08, 22:53
We need reasonable standards and regulation to make fraud more difficult.

There always will be theives, police and jails.

Daddy Rulz
09-29-08, 10:54
We need reasonable standards and regulation to make fraud more difficult.

There always will be theives, police and jails.http://www.usatoday.com/money/companies/management/2008-06-15-ceo-pay_N.htm

Wonder how many of these guys are going to vote for Obama?

Daddy Rulz
09-30-08, 13:02
It must be great for the writers when the material is so good you don't have to work.

I think her briefing is "no matter what they ask, stay on message Sarah."

I still want to spoog on her though, her or Tina.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buvs1TVVlb8

Thomaso276
09-30-08, 15:29
My brother has a friend whose family owns several banks in Ky. He was told that any equity loans would be based on the value of the property in either 2003 or 2004 (I cannot remember, but before the big boon) Probably shave about 25% - 30% off values and mortgage payments.

BadMan
09-30-08, 20:23
Am I supposed to feel threatened?

Quote:

He voted against banning partial " birth abortion.

Good.

Quote:

He voted no on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state.

Abortions.

Good.

Quote:

Supports affirmative action in Colleges and Government.

Ehhh. Not my cup of tea, but hardly a dealbreaker.

Quote:

In 2001 he questioned harsh penalties for drug dealing.

I hope everyone questions things.

Quote:

Says he will deal with street level drug dealing as minimum wage.

Affair.

Huh?

Quote:

Admitted marijuana and cocaine use in high school and in college.

Okay?

Quote:

His religious convictions are very murky.

Good.

Quote:

He is willing to meet with Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Kim Jung Il.

And Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

What, and then Jesus will weep?

Quote:

Has said that one of his first goals after being elected would be to.

Have a conference with all Muslim nations.

Okay? "Conference" and "session of fellatio" are different.

Quote:

Opposed the Patriot Act.

Hooray! He's sane!

Quote:

First bill he signed that was passed was campaign finance reform.

Good.

Quote:

Voted No on prohibiting law suits against gun manufacturers.

Ambivalent.

I doubt it's possible to force them to stop making guns by suing them, so I think it's pretty misguided to sue them, unless you're just doing it for their pots of gold.

Quote:

Supports universal health-care.

Good.

Quote:

Voted yes on providing habeas corpus for Guantanamo detainees.

Good.

Quote:

Supports granting driver's licenses to illegal immigrants.

It's that or having them drive without one.

Quote:

Supports extending welfare to illegal immigrants.

Okay.

Quote:

Voted yes on comprehensive immigration reform.

Good.

Quote:

Voted yes on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social.

Security.

Okay. I think that's all a part of "comprehensive immigration reform" but split up to make it sound like the Mexican Army is in our front yards.

Quote:

Wants to make the minimum wage a "living wage".

Good.

Quote:

Voted with Democratic Party 96 percent of 251 votes.

Big surprise. See that little "D" they put after him so much?

Quote:

Is a big believer in the separation of church and state.

Good. We don't need any more Christofascists (I know, it's not really fascism, but I like to turn their words around) in the White House (even though Bush is just pretending to do the whole Jesus thing to use them as puppets.

Quote:

Opposed to any efforts to Privatize Social Security and instead.

Supports increasing the amount of tax paid.

Okay.

Quote:

He voted No on repealing the Alternative Minimum Tax.

Blanket repeals are rarely a good idea, especially when dealing with revenue sources. Something tells me there was a good deal of republican-supported earmarks that wouldn't be stopped if it was repealed.

Quote:

He voted No on repealing the "Death" Tax.

It's just an income tax, deal with it.

Quote:

He wants to raise the Capital Gains Tax.

Okay.

Quote:

Has repeatedly said the surge in Iraq has not succeeded.

Are "succeed" and "fail less miserably" now the same?

Quote:

He is ranked as the most liberal Senator in the Senate today and that.

Takes some doing.

Hot damn.

Quote:

If your political choices are consistent with Barack Obama's and you think.

That his positions will bring America together or make it a better place,

Then you will probably enjoy the ride and not forward this Email.

Correct.

----------------------------------------------------------------

TOTAL OWNAGE

Regards,

BM.

BadMan
09-30-08, 20:36
Everything is clear!Not my take. I copied and pasted the spam (answers included) I found on a random forum.

Sound familiar?

Regards,

BM.

Daddy Rulz
09-30-08, 20:53
From Wikipedia.

"Kevin Hassett is senior fellow at the think tank American Enterprise Institute where he directs economic policy studies. He regularly appears on Bloomberg Television. He advised President Bush in his campaign, and he currently serves as a senior economic adviser to the John McCain 2008 presidential campaign.

Hassett is coauthor with James K. Glassman, of Dow 36,000: The New Strategy for Profiting From the Coming Rise in the Stock Market. It was published in 1999 before the dot-com bubble burst. The book predicted that the Dow Jones industrials index would rise to 36000 within three to five years--I. E. 2002 or 2004. Hasset also writes for the AEI magazine The American."

I guess the "SENIOR ECONOMIC ADVISOR" to John McCain qualifies as an unbiased source to lay the current economic woes on the Dems. I'm sure he was able to lay aside his OBVIOUS conflict of interest in order to write a "fair and balanced" article to illuminate us and hopefully help lead us out of these dificulties by leaving politics behind for the benifit of the greater good.

Sid just say it, you don't like Obama, you think he's the wrong guy for the job and you're voting for McCain / Palin. I can respect that, I won't agree but I'll certainly respect your right to vote as you see fit. But please stop posting this political garbage that masqurades as fact based reporting. How can you see things so clearly in the finacial sector but fail to see this stuff for what it is.

With the utmost respect, honestly, it's beneath you, you're a brilliant guy and I would be so much more interested in your opinions instead of this crap. I would honestly love to know how you reconcile voting for McCain knowing that puts Sarah Palin one heartbeat away from the Oval. McCain I could live with and if he survives the term, while I think Obama would be better, it won't be horrible for the country but Palin! It's an insult to the entire electorate that she got the nod. I would honesty enjoy reading your thoughts on that issue.

Daddy Rulz
09-30-08, 22:51
All of the sub-prime loan liberalization started in the Clinton years. It continued during the Bush years. All was silently sanctioned by the hopelessly incompetent, Greenspan. ------------All of the 4 candidates for Presidential office are hopelessly incompetent. I will vote for none! But the Musiah is scary!Thanks Sid. I'm going to read more about Greenspan. I remember him kind of being a darling of the financial shows when he was in. Not saying he was just my recolections.

Miami Bob
10-01-08, 03:42
From knowing you, I don't see why you are relying on Billy Graham's associates and neoconservative operatives for objective info. You have your every right to dislike anyone you chose. And not give a rat's ass what I or anyone else thinks.

I can appreciate Obama's lack of experience. I believe that we cannot finance wars and bailouts without increases taxes on those who can best afford to pay, including you and me. We need some sort of health care reform--the insurance industry is not regulated nor subject to the normal checks and balances of other sectors. I distrust the large health carriers and the drug industry more than the fumbling and bumbling of government.

We will vote for different candidates and cancel out each other's votes. I hope that we will share a dinner and some laughter togehter after the election.

Alan23
10-01-08, 04:09
While not being a big fan of the UTube generation, this is a piece that I would like some feedback on from those that are left of center.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLQU7uNR5bM

- Where are the inaccuracies?

- Why is this not being reported widely on the big 4 networks?

- As informed individuals, were you aware of this - or does it really matter?

For those that are still in the partisan attack mode - please attack me as a right of center "Independent" - I abandoned the Republican Party long ago!

99.9% Politicians = Dogs!

El Perro
10-01-08, 10:39
Hi Alan,

I must confess that I continue to be amused by the effort of many Republicans (or Independents) to assign complete blame to Fannie and Freddie for the housing debacle. God knows they are complicit in this mess, however there are many players that share responsibility. Primary among those, the banks who took advantage of near zero regulation and oversight to bundle mortgage debt and sell it around the world. It is well documented that this bad debt is the current culprit in the credit implosion. The SEC actually accepted some responsibility the other day for their lack of oversight. That lack of oversight by the SEC as well as other agencies led to irresponsible behavior all along the chain involved with the housing debacle. From real estate agents, underwriters, small and large banks, Fannie and Freddie et al. Every last one of them making hay while the sun was shining with no concern for anyone else but themselves.

Now the piper demands payment and the blame game is in full bloom. Certainly at any time of the year there would be accusations traded back and forth between the political parties. This is unfortunately what they both tend to do more often, and better, than anything else. With the election upon us, the political manuevering on these issues is, I would think, clear for all to see.

The uptake? Yes, Fannie and Freddie share the blame, along with an alarming number of other scoundrels. As for Fannie and Freddie's ties to any political party, I am sure they have been well connected to both, and there is increasing evidence of that. And, that should come as no surprise. Lobbying efforts by the big players are almost always focussed on as many politicians as possible, regardless of party affiliation. They do tend to hedge their bets in that area.;)

In addition, if we want to play the blame game, there is evidence that McCain's aide Rick Davis has been on the Fannie "payroll", in one form or another for a long time. And, not an insubstantial amont of money involved as well.

The upshot, there were alot of scumbags making money hand over fist during the formation of the real estate bubble, and the real smart ones found every possible method to increase their profit. Lack of governmental oversight allowed that to happen. Lack of oversight, yes, of Fannie and Freddie, as well as of ALL of the major and minor players. Focussing all the blame on Fanny and Freddie is indicative of either a lack of knowledge of the situation, or a blatant attempt to politicize the crisis. My 2 cents.

While not being a big fan of the UTube generation, this is a piece that I would like some feedback on from those that are left of center.

For those that are still in the partisan attack mode - please attack me as a right of center "Independent" - I abandoned the Republican Party long ago!

99.9% Politicians = Dogs!

Daddy Rulz
10-01-08, 11:21

99.9% Politicians = Dogs!Obama accepted something between 100k-200k of lobbying money (we all know that ENTIRE situation is corrupt from both sides) however Rick Davis John McCains campain manager took like 30k a month for 5 years (2.8 million) from Fannie and Freddy.

With the money being made by these and other lenders over that period of time it is beyond conceivable that a Pol exists in Washington that wasn't on the payroll from either party.

Alan this is the kind of finger pointing that really is wrecking the country in my opinion. You are a very smart guy who I respect a lot. You're not part of the rabid right just as I am not part of the loony left. How do we figure out how to DEMAND more from our leaders TOGETHER as passengers about to get in the life boat to save the ship before it sinks. Arguing about who drove the ship into the iceburg is not going to be the way to keep our asses out of the water.

El Alamo
10-01-08, 11:35
Alan.

That information has been known forever.

The dynamics of this election are that about 50% of the voting population is bound and determined to vote for anybody but Bush / McCain. A balanced and even reporting of the candidates by the press is not going to happen in this election.

Obama is a person with a mountain of limitations but Obama is being presented as almost the next coming of Jesus or Mohammed.

You could have a video of Obama of screwing underaged children and it would not budge the 50% of the population that are going to vote against Bush / McCain.

What I find most interesting are the supporters of Obama who have comvinced themselves that Obama has all the personnal attributes of George Washington, Abraham Lincoln and John Kennedy all wrapped into one person.

In reality Oboma's shortcoming are astonishing but it will make no difference in this election. It seems inevitable that we are going to have a Obama presidency.

The best thing about an Obama presidency is that an Obama presidency couldn't be as bad as a Jimmy Carter presidency. At least I hope not.

Alan23
10-01-08, 12:00
Dogg,

We are in absolute agreement here on virtually every point you make. I would have added the homeowner / borrower to your list of contributors to this crisis (like maybe to the tune of 50% - a little personal responsibility please!

We have two guys in this race - both of whom I said I would never vote for. One has rightfully or wrongfully been labeled a "Bush-lackey" - with 4 more years of the last eight. The other guy is the leader of "Change", totally disassociated with all the recent happenings. We all know this isn't the case, where is the mainstream media? If McCain had accepted $126,000 in Freddie / Fannie contributions in just 4 years - the media would have been having a cow (McCain received $20k in 20+ years)

Besides needing better candidates we also need more responsible media, because it is obvious that the American people will buy into anything. Bush-Gore, Bush-Kerry, McCain-Obama! 300 million people and this is the best the country has to offer! We deserve the government we get, and also the media we tolerate.

Can we just fast-forward to 2016 and get this over with? Sadly, the choices will probably be no better then.

Daddy Rulz
10-01-08, 12:17
Alan.

That information has been known forever.

The dynamics of this election are that about 50% of the voting population is bound and determined to vote for anybody but Bush / McCain. A balanced and even reporting of the candidates by the press is not going to happen in this election.

Obama is a person with a mountain of limitations but Obama is being presented as almost the next coming of Jesus or Mohammed.

You could have a video of Obama of screwing underaged children and it would not budge the 50% of the population that are going to vote against Bush / McCain.

What I find most interesting are the supporters of Obama who have comvinced themselves that Obama has all the personnal attributes of George Washington, Abraham Lincoln and John Kennedy all wrapped into one person.

In reality Oboma's shortcoming are astonishing but it will make no difference in this election. It seems inevitable that we are going to have a Obama presidency.

The best thing about an Obama presidency is that an Obama presidency couldn't be as bad as a Jimmy Carter presidency. At least I hope not.It's not Bush / McCain I'm voting against. I've told many people for many years that I could live with McCain, I won't vote for him but I could live with him. However the way he is pandering to the fundamentalist base has me worried now. Flip flopping on the torture issue, and choosing a running mate, that while strangely kind of hot, is as militantly fundamentalist as any of the Ayatollahs to name two SPECIFIC things.

Further I really thought the whole "'I'm not going to the debate because I have to go fix the country" to grab headlines and 15 seconds of news time when he knew, we knew he was going shows a willingness to treat you and l like idiots.

I'm interested in what these "Obama is a person with a mountain of limitations but Obama" limitations are. How specifically is Obama limited? I'm sorry but lack of experience involves covers both Candidates. Just about every former president says "nothing can prepare you for the Oval" so McCain shares the same lack of presidential experience as Obama.

I'm digging where the dialogue in this thread has been going the last two days. Reasonable questions, honest debate, knee jerkism not really showing up.

Without attacking my choice, ie. Non-specific generalized allegations of unworthiness ala Karl Rove (may his name be praised and Allah convert him to the liberal cause) but tell me why you think he doesn't belong. And please, seriously please, tell me how you can, with any amount of sober reflection, cast a vote that puts Sarah Palin in any office that is part of the succession to the Oval? This is not sarcasm I really mean that, I can't understand why she is not turning every neocon into Birkenstock wearing, long haired, freelove children of Berkley.

As far as why I support Obama, first I'm ardently Democratic as you are Republican so I have a predisposition to liking him. Second the list Badman posted the other day, I'm in support of 90% or so of his platform. I think it's time we got the fiscally responsible party back in charge of the House, Senate, and Executive so we can start trying to re balance the budget. The biggest deficits this country has ever had have been under Republican Administrations (not my opinion it's fact Bush #1 Ronnie #2) yet Republicans continue to talk about "Tax and Spend" Dems. Why your base hasn't caught onto this, and demanded more from the people you vote for is beyond my ability to comprehend. Of course Democrats raise taxes, somebody has to pay for 8 years of irresponsible spending.

I would lead the march to castrate anybody screwing kids.

You're a smart guy El Alamo, I look forward to reading your thoughts on these subjects. We won't ever convince each other to change our votes but the swing voters are still dangling, just like Rusty Wier's Wranglers. (private Texas reference)

Daddy Rulz
10-01-08, 12:22
Dogg,

We are in absolute agreement here on virtually every point you make. I would have added the homeowner / borrower to your list of contributors to this crisis (like maybe to the tune of 50% - a little personal responsibility please!

We have two guys in this race - both of whom I said I would never vote. One has rightfully or wrongfully been labeled a "Bush-lackey" - with 4 more years of the last eight. The other guy is the leader of "Change", totally disassociated with all the recent happenings. We all know this isn't the case, where is the mainstream media? If McCain had accepted $126,000 in Freddie / Fannie contributions in just 4 years - the media would have been having a cow (McCain received $20k in 20+ years)

Besides needing better candidates we also need more responsible media, because it is obvious that the American people will buy into anything. Bush-Gore, Bush-Kerry, McCain-Obama! 300 million people and this is the best the country has to offer! We deserve the government we get, and also the media we tolerate.

Can we just fast-forward to 2016 and get this over with? Sadly, the choices will probably be no better then.Jefferson opposed universal suffrage (yes among white people at the time) he thought that if everybody could vote then we would have "lowest common denomination politics" hence Bush / Gore Bush / Kerry McCain / Obama though I kind of like Obama (didn't like Gore or Kerry, I did like Dean though) We could have had Ron Paul, I liked him better than either McCain or Obama, but real innovators will never get beyond the primary's.

Jefferson was right, the least offensive wins.

Exon123
10-01-08, 13:01
http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/howmuchis700billion

Exon

Jackson
10-01-08, 13:30

99.9% Politicians = Dogs!I've never seen this mentioned on CNN or MSNBC, but it has been reported on FOX News.

Exon, that's an example of their "Fair and Balanced" reporting you've often mocked.

Thanks,

Jackson

Exon123
10-01-08, 14:12
I've never seen this mentioned on CNN or MSNBC, but it has been reported on FOX News.

Exon, that's an example of their "Fair and Balanced" reporting you've often mocked.

Thanks,

JacksonI mean no personal slander to you personally.

But we all know your a "Fascist Republican Pig"

Exon

Dickhead
10-01-08, 15:51
30k a month for 5 years is $1.8 million, not $2.8 million. Just sayin'. Somebody's gotta do the accounting around here!

Daddy Rulz
10-01-08, 15:57
30k a month for 5 years is $1.8 million, not $2.8 million. Just sayin'. Somebody's gotta do the accounting around here!The other million came from Freddy, I was using two different sources and combined Fanny and Freddy.

Jackson
10-01-08, 19:33
I mean no personal slander to you personally.

But we all know your a "Fascist Republican Pig"

ExonExon,

This is a typical response that I've come to expect from liberals when they don't actually have an argument (like when they've painted themselves into a corner)

Personally, I've never felt compelled to call anyone a "Socialist Democratic Pig".

Thanks,

Jackson

Daddy Rulz
10-01-08, 20:20
Exon,

This is a typical response that I've come to expect from liberals when they don't actually have an argument (like when they've painted themselves into a corner)

Personally, I've never felt compelled to call anyone a "Socialist Democratic Pig".

Thanks,

JacksonThat you tend to not respond when you have been painted into the corner. You're a pretty rabid Republican, any thoughts on Palin? If the radicalism of Rev Wright was fair game what about her personal belief that God is preparing Alaska as a refuge for the faithful to live in after the Apocalypse? Not here to judge another persons beliefs but having lots and lots of experience with strict christian fundamentalists her beliefs are scary stuff indeed for a chief executive with nuclear weapons brother.

Exon123
10-01-08, 20:42
Exon,

Thanks,

JacksonJackson,

I don't mind in the least being called a "Socialist Democratic Pig", I'd ware that badge with honnor. You see I'm going to hang around here making my dick suffer until after November 4th so I can vote for "Freedom". I want the "Black Man To Live In The White House". Then I'm going to Argentina and find some good "Relax" for my dick.

How this discussion started was over FOX New's and its "Fair & Balanced" broad casting, your favorite channel.

To answer Alan 23, "Its Not New's Worthy", its typical shit you find on FOX. FOX News make's its money on "Right Wing Republican" sensationalism bull shit, Jackson's favorite. Anyone with a brain knows any politican will take money from any CockSucker thats dumb enough to give it to them. And when its made public that the CockSucker is dirty and he stole the money he's giving away, they disavow the CockSucker, saying I hardly knew the MotherFucker and I'm giving the money to charity.

But the key to my argument Jackson is "Fascist". You see you can't be a Fascist and a "Socialist Democratic Pig" all at the same time. Your a Fascist Republican and want to dictate your values to the mass's, I'm a Socialist Democrat and want everyone be able to pursue their own way in life.

In fact I'd bet if we didn't have any Republican's up here, only Democrat's we'd have legalized prostitution. And American women would then have to start acting like women if they wanted to keep their man. Think about that for a second.

But we do have one thing in common in watching FOX New's, we both like that little screw ball Dick Morris. You like him because he hate's the Clinton's and I like him because he's a disgraced Monger that was raised from the dead, poor little bastard. No one should be treated the way he was for fucking a prostitute.

Words of Wisdom from.

Exon

Tiny12
10-02-08, 15:23
That you tend to not respond when you have been painted into the corner. You're a pretty rabid Republican, any thoughts on Palin? If the radicalism of Rev Wright was fair game what about her personal belief that God is preparing Alaska as a refuge for the faithful to live in after the Apocalypse? Not here to judge another persons beliefs but having lots and lots of experience with strict christian fundamentalists her beliefs are scary stuff indeed for a chief executive with nuclear weapons brother.You're the one that just painted yourself into a corner. Palin never said that, the pastor of her church did. That's ironic -- if Republicans criticize Obama's pastor for his racist beliefs they're unfair. And I think maybe they are being unfair. But is it fair to attribute words to Palin she never said?

Palin may be better qualified to run the U. S. A. Than Obama, McCain or Biden. Those three spent most of their careers as legislators, where their primary function is debating. They've never managed anything, be it a business, a government department, a state or a city. Palin is running Alaska, and her approval ratings among voters are sky high.

I'd wager that if you ask Republicans our age who the best president during their lifetime was, the majority would say Ronald Reagan. And Democrats would say Bill Clinton. What these two had in common -- they were governors. Like Palin, they actually did something before becoming president besides debating.

I do expect she's going to get her ass kicked tonight though -- she hasn't spent her entire lifetime spouting political B.S. like Biden.

Daddy Rulz
10-02-08, 17:21
You're the one that just painted yourself into a corner. Palin never said that, the pastor of her church did. That's ironic -- if Republicans criticize Obama's pastor for his racist beliefs they're unfair. And I think maybe they are being unfair. But is it fair to attribute words to Palin she never said?

Palin may be better qualified to run the U. S. A. Than Obama, McCain or Biden. Those three spent most of their careers as legislators, where their primary function is debating. They've never managed anything, be it a business, a government department, a state or a city. Palin is running Alaska, and her approval ratings among voters are sky high.

I'd wager that if you ask Republicans our age who the best president during their lifetime was, the majority would say Ronald Reagan. And Democrats would say Bill Clinton. What these two had in common -- they were governors. Like Palin, they actually did something before becoming president besides debating.

I do expect she's going to get her ass kicked tonight though -- she hasn't spent her entire lifetime spouting political be. S. Like Biden.You need to watch the video again, she does indeed say it.

Tiny12
10-02-08, 21:45
Daddy Ruiz,

I did watch it on CNN, and it's the preacher that says it, not Palin. I couldn't find any mention in the press that she said that.

Daddy Rulz
10-02-08, 23:31
Daddy Ruiz, I did watch it on CNN, and it's the preacher that says it, not Palin. I couldn't find any mention in the press that she said that.I will watch it again, perhaps I am in error. I will wager a Fugazetta con Jamon and dos cocas at El Quartito. Do I have a bet?

El Perro
10-02-08, 23:36
I will watch it again, perhaps I am in error. I will wager a Fugazetta con Jamon and dos cocas at El Quartito. Do I have a bet?Watch out Daddy, Tiny may get you on a technicality if you don't spell it Cuartito!

Daddy Rulz
10-02-08, 23:54
Watch out Daddy, Tiny may get you on a technicality if you don't spell it Cuartito!Stand corrected, the fuggen pizza place on Talcuahano off of Santa Fe. Yes Talcuahano is mis-spelled.

Why won't Sarah answer the questions the moderator is asking?

Can I go back to energy, can I go back to energy?

Tiny12
10-03-08, 00:01
I will watch it again, perhaps I am in error. I will wager a Fugazetta con Jamon and dos cocas at El Quartito. Do I have a bet?Daddy Ruiz, Unfortunately it's unlikely I'll be in Buenos Aires this year. How about this bet instead. If you win I'll stand on a busy street corner and yell "I want to fuck Sarah Palin" at the top of my lungs ten times. If I win then next time you're back in the USA you yell "I want to fuck Joe Biden" ten times. Deal?

Edit: Oops, sorry, you already checked out the video. I'll accept the Fugazetta instead.

Daddy Rulz
10-03-08, 00:21
Daddy Ruiz, Unfortunately it's unlikely I'll be in Buenos Aires this year. How about this bet instead. If you win I'll stand on a busy street corner and yell "I want to fuck Sarah Palin" at the top of my lungs ten times. If I win then next time you're back in the USA you yell "I want to fuck Joe Biden" ten times. Deal?

Edit: Oops, sorry, you already checked out the video. I'll accept the Fugazetta instead.I am in SP. But I wanna spoog on Sarah. You can fuck Joe.

I watched the video before I posted.

Daddy Rulz
10-04-08, 14:14
Seemed both fair and balanced, used in it's original pre Fox news meaning. Exposing deception and prevarication from all candidates.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/the_whoppers_of_2008.html

Side note, they said they usually wait until closer to the election to publish the "Whopper list" but that both parties have been playing so fast and loose with the truth they decided to do it early.

Where can I check "none of the above?"

Dickhead
10-05-08, 01:43
I am curious to know if you have ever had an original thought in your head, or if you just obtain and post random thoughts from other people. I do realize the latter is considerably easier.

Daddy Rulz
10-05-08, 10:44
I didn't think it was feeble. In Texas those woulda been fighten words for sure.

How come all of the McCain / Palin guys never have anything good to say about McCain / Don't bother me with the facts Sarah? All they ever do is spew misleading rhetoric about how bad Obama is.

He will turn the White House into a Mosque.

His wife is into white guys.

His preacher blows Quadafi.

If he gets elected all white women will be required to have at least one extra marital affair with a crack dealer.

He will change the phrase on the money to "Insha Allah."

Blah, blah fucking blah.

BadMan
10-05-08, 12:23
It is because they are scared DR,

Obama will win. Nuff said.

Regards,

BM.
How come all of the McCain / Palin guys never have anything good to say about McCain / Don't bother me with the facts Sarah? All they ever do is spew misleading rhetoric about how bad Obama is.

BadMan
10-05-08, 12:52
Why isn't it better, Gov. Palin, to spend $700 billion helping middle-class families who are struggling with health care, housing, gas and groceries; allow them to spend more and put more money into the economy instead of helping these big financial institutions that played a role in creating this mess?
That's why I say I, like every American I'm speaking with, we're ill about this position that we have been put in where it is the taxpayers looking to bail out. But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health-care reform that is needed to help shore up our economy, helping the -- it's got to be all about job creation, too, shoring up our economy and putting it back on the right track. So health-care reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions and tax relief for Americans. And trade, we've got to see trade as opportunity, not as a competitive, scary thing. But one in five jobs being created in the trade sector today, we've got to look at that as more opportunity. All those things under the umbrella of job creation. This bailout is a part of that.WTF?

Daddy Rulz
10-05-08, 13:13
They gave her a list of responses whatever the question she answers it with one of five or so resposes.

Can I get back to energy.

Barak Obama voted 95 times to raise taxes on the middle class.

Just like John McCain I've always been a maverick.

Barak Obama voted no to spending the money to support the troops.

We have to rein in spending (says the mayor that left her city 20 million in debt for a hockey rink)

She can however see Russia and I do still want to give her a facial.

BadMan
10-05-08, 16:05
The Jewish Liar's bullshit oratory will convince the financial community that all is ok! He will lead us to the ''promised land''! But, sometimes I get confused? Are the markets down partly because of his possible election? But then, I remember Shalom Mccain's prophecy--

''He will bring Change by not second guessing Israel ''!ORLY?

Regards,

BM.

Rock Harders
10-05-08, 17:10
Mongers,

Actually, the US dollar is gaining strength in part because of the high probability of Barack Obama's election, a trend I predicted 6 months ago or so when the US Dollar passed $1.50 to the Euro. After Obama's election, the US Dollar will recover further against all world currencies as he stops pissing away the big bucks in Iraq, raises taxes on the fascist republican pigs, and the US economy starts to recover. I predict that by the end of Obama's 2nd year in office, we will see the US Dollar / Euro within 5%-10% parity. The majority of people who are viciously anti-Obama are either the extremely wealthy who do not want to pay more taxes or ignorant redneck rascist types who simply cannot imagine having a black man in the white house.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

Daddy Rulz
10-05-08, 17:52
The Muslim Liar's bullshit oratory will convince the financial community that all is ok! He will lead us to the ''promised land''! But, sometimes I get confused? Are the markets down partly because of his possible election? But then, I remember Musliah's prophecy--

''He will bring Change''!He's not a Muslim, you know he's not, it's makes you look like a fucking idiot every time you call him one.

Of course the markets are down because of his possible election, historically the economy and markets sag before the election when there is no incumbent in the race.

Then of course the whole sub prime thing. I wonder if those guys in charge of that fiasco (who are now running like bitches to get their money back like bad poker players who shoved everything into a pot when they were drawing dead) vote Red or Blue? Hmmm big money Wall Street guys. Red, blue.

BadMan
10-05-08, 19:04
He's not a Muslim, you know he's not, it's makes you look like a fucking idiot every time you call him one.Hey, why not? As long as we can just defame people with religiously motivated hate. Whats wrong with calling Obama a muslim and mccain a jew?

BM.

Hunt99
10-05-08, 19:42
Lol,

Remember this post from about 2 years ago Hunt?

Now remember this one?

Sometimes it's funny how off the mark we can be. Reading back, I actually said I would vote for him if nominated. I am not at all 100% sure anymore. What I can say with certainty is that he will win.

Regards,

BM.Of course I remember that post! Silly me, I gave up Hizzoner for a politician I'd like to fuck! :p

P.S.: People call B. Hussein Obama a Muslim because he is a Muslim, Bad. Or at least he was. And now claims he no longer is. A politician would never tell a lie now, would he? ;)

BadMan
10-05-08, 20:46
I see you've been reading those junk emails Sid is peddling again.

Obama is a Christian, just like many American's.

There is a reason we are 21st century America and not 20th century fascist Germany.

Regards,

BM.
P. S.: People call be. Hussein Obama a Muslim because he is a Muslim, Bad. Or at least he was. And now claims he no longer is. A politician would never tell a lie now, would he?;)

Daddy Rulz
10-05-08, 21:12
I see you've been reading those junk emails Sid is peddling again.

Obama is a Christian, just like many American's.

There is a reason we are 21st century American and not 20th century fascist Germany.

Regards,

BM.Nope, never a Muslim, not that it really matters. Good thing being a Christian isn't a requirement or else Washington wouldn't have qualified.

El Perro
10-05-08, 21:31
Nope, never a Muslim, not that it really matters. Good thing being a Christian isn't a requirement or else Washington wouldn't have qualified.Jefferson wrote his own version of the New Testament with all the miracles eliminated to better illustrate the ethics in the book, without the bullshit!

Dickhead
10-05-08, 21:49
Rutherford B. Hayes was a Muslim and he did okay.

BadMan
10-05-08, 22:19
Some one changed my word! On YouTube, I have seen Musliah say that he is a Muslim! That is my entire point. Religion has nothing to do with it. Leiberman is a Jew, Romney is a Mormon, McCain is a self proclaimed Judeo-Christian believer and Obama is a Christian. None of that really matters.

What matters is their vision for the country and how many Americans share their vision.

Dirty politics are for a dumbed down crowd. I'd expect better from you.

Regards,

BM.

Master J
10-05-08, 23:36
I just happened to find this on a solar message board LDK, thought it was interesting reading. I know the part about the church he attended is marginal at best. Again just thought it was interesting reading.

Palin. I'm a bit confused, let me get this straight. 5-Oct.-08 11:08 am.

-If you grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you're 'exotic and different.

- Grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers: a quintessential American story.

- If your name is Barack you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.

- Name your kids Willow, Trig, and Track: you're a maverick.

- Graduate from Harvard law School and you are unstable.

- Attend 5 different small colleges before graduating: you're well grounded.

- If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, become the first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you don't have any real leadership experience.

- If your total resume is: local weather girl (sports caster) 4 years on the city council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with fewer than 7,000 people, 1.5 years as the governor of a state with 650,000 people, then you're qualified to become the country's second highest ranking executive.

- If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising 2 beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you're not a real Christian.

- If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a Christian.

- If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education, including the proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.

- If while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no other option in sex education in your state's school system while your unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant, you're very responsible.

- If your wife is a Harvard graduate lawyer who gave up a position in a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family's values don't represent America's.

- If your husband is nicknamed "First Dude", with at least one DUI conviction and no college education, who didn't register to vote until age 25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession of Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely admirable.

- OK, much clearer now!

Isola2000
10-06-08, 18:51
Today the first hearing with Richard Fuld (ceo of Lehman) in the "House oversight committe", this bastard tried to get away with having suffered with the stock price of Lehman, but in the end he had to admit having put away 200 or 300 million in cash. Just hope that this is the beginning to something similar in the early 2000s (Worldcom, Enron etc) Skilling of Enron, in similar position to Fuld, got 26 years in prison.

BadMan
10-06-08, 20:52
He admitted to $300 Million, though people are saying it is closer to $ 450 Million. He was also handing out millions in bonuses to the execs just days before they went belly up.

But he did say he felt " really " bad about everything that happened.

Regards,

BM.
Today the first hearing with Richard Fuld (ceo of Lehman) in the "House oversight committe", this bastard tried to get away with having suffered with the stock price of Lehman, but in the end he had to admit having put away 200 or 300 million in cash. Just hope that this is the beginning to something similar in the early 2000s (Worldcom, Enron etc) Skilling of Enron, in similar position to Fuld, got 26 years in prison.

Miami Bob
10-07-08, 02:10
Repeating every lame rumor and getting your news from u-tube, Billy g€raham's outfit and political pundits. You are far better than this. Just write in every post---I HATE OBAMA--and skip the rationalizations. You are not a right winger nor a neo conservative. Let's face it--you just don't like anything about Obama.

That is your right. Don't sink to the level of Palin. Just tell us your personal feelings.

El Alamo
10-07-08, 09:07
The Republicans have known forever that if the presidential race is based on issues I. E. Economy etc. they will lose.

If the presidential race is based on Obama, his personality, history and qualifications, they will win.

I don't think the Republicans could find a better spokesperson to plant doubts about Obama than Palin.

It is incredible that the presidential race is still in doubt. This should be a Democratic year.

The wild card is Obama. Unfortunately for the Democrats, Obama, unlike Palin, is not perceived to be a very likeable person.

BadMan
10-07-08, 10:08
In doubt to whom?

Some wishful thinking Republicans?

Have you seen the polls? Obama has had a sustained and widening lead for the past two weeks, the longest stretch in the entire presidential race. The Repub's were hoping the vice presidential debate would tweak the numbers in their favor. Some in fact were waiting for today's poll results to come out.

And they have, and Obama has a widening lead in almost all battle ground states.

The republicans now are pulling out and conceding a few battle ground states. This is a full scale retreat.

Regards,

BM.
It is incredible that the presidential race is still in doubt. This should be a Democratic year.

InArgentina
10-09-08, 00:38
Fuck Bush and that is all there is to it.DH please lift your game. This is a pitiful contribution.

InArgentina
10-09-08, 01:01
Written by Jerry Teasley of Pine Mountain, GA former Banker.Sidney -I like you and respect you - but strongly disagree with your politics.

It is time the USA moved to the left with a real dose of socialism.

I hope - it is only a hope at the moment - that Obama becomes a sort Roosevelt and introduces a new deal.

1. The USA needs to get out of Iraq and Afghanistan asap.

2. The USA badly needs to introduce a universal healthcare system. Why is ok for every other country and not the USA? Americans spend alot more on healthcare and are less healthy than other wealthy nations. Americans accept government susidising the education system but not the health care system. Bizarre. In the USA you have people going bankrupt because of healthcare costs. Incredible.

3. The USA needs to spend big on infrastructure. Bridges are falling down.

3. The USA needs to subsidise housing. The caravan parks are full. Are you not ashamed at the number of homeless people living on the streets?

4. The USA needs to increase income taxes (particularly on high incomes) and on capital gains. The gap between the rich and the poor is growing and must be reversed.

5. Anybody who thinks you can deal with the real issues without running a budget deficit that well exceeds a Trillion dollars is dreaming.

Dickhead
10-09-08, 05:41
DH please lift your game. This is a pitiful contribution.Your sister wears Army boots. You are just cherry-picking off one thing I said a long time ago. I agree with a lot of what you say in your more recent post except for the idea that increasing the deficit is good, and also subsidizing housing is not a good idea. The homeless problem stems from other, more structural issues. Nowhere ever has government involvement in housing produced good results.

Miami Bob
10-09-08, 13:11
Going to Dick Morris for objective reliable information is about the same as going to gov Palin. He is closely related to the same brain trust the brought you such concepts as.

-Freedom fries.

-The swiftboaters.

-The 2000 survey: would your feelings about john mccain change if you became aware that he had a love child with a black woman.

-Colin powell lying to the united nationas is good public policy.

It's ok to dislike or even hate obama or clinton of ronald regan. Dick Morris is a political spin master and not a reliable souce of information. Verify with fact check who catch both sides in the untruths, half truths and spinning leads into horse shit--and both sides do it. Make your voting decisions on whatever basis you chose, but try to have some legitimate basis even "I just hate the guy" is superior to blindly following spinmasters.

El Perro
10-09-08, 14:46
Dick Morris is a worthless whoare. In fact, he probably doesn't believe in much of what he has to say. Like many talking heads, he is most interested in making inflammatory and controversial statements so that he keeps his face and name prominently displayed in the media. By doing so, he has more chance of selling a book, making a speech and making money. It is his pathetic little niche. He's a snake oil salesman.

Punter 127
10-09-08, 16:28
It is time the USA moved to the left with a real dose of socialism. Sounds like a great campaign slogan for Obama, at least it would be honest.

I hope - it is only a hope at the moment - that Obama becomes a sort Roosevelt and introduces a new deal. He ’s got a “New Deal ” but I doubt most Americans will liken it to Roosevelt.

1. The USA needs to get out of Iraq and Afghanistan asap. Funny last I heard Obama is saying we need more troops in Afghanistan.

2. The USA badly needs to introduce a universal healthcare system. Why is ok for every other country and not the USA? Americans spend alot more on healthcare and are less healthy than other wealthy nations. Americans accept government susidising the education system but not the health care system. Bizarre. In the USA you have people going bankrupt because of healthcare costs. Incredible. In the countries I've visited that have free health care, people with money will not use the free system, what does that tell you?

3. The USA needs to spend big on infrastructure. Bridges are falling down. I only remember one bridge on I-35W in Minnesota collapsing, but perhaps we should give less to foreign countries that don ’t like us anyway and spend that money on “infrastructure.”

3. The USA needs to subsidise housing. The caravan parks are full. Are you not ashamed at the number of homeless people living on the streets? “Caravan parks ” interesting term and not one I would normally expect to hear an American say? Anyway we already have subsidized housing; Have you not heard of HUD programs?

4. The USA needs to increase income taxes (particularly on high incomes) and on capital gains. The gap between the rich and the poor is growing and must be reversed. To all my friends, foes, and acquaintances who think we need to raise taxes especially those who take advantage of the living in a foreign country exemption; please feel free to send extra money to the United States Treasury, they will be happy to receive it, and rest assured you are not required to take advantage of the living in a foreign country exemption.

Also remember paying more taxes is the “patriotic thing to do ”!

So come on boys dig deep, but please keep your hands out of my pockets.

5. Anybody who thinks you can deal with the real issues without running a budget deficit that well exceeds a Trillion dollars is dreaming. You can if you stop wasteful spending and handouts to the undeserving, but then that really would be dreaming!

============================================

“The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.”

“The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.”

Jackson
10-09-08, 16:40
Dick Morris is a worthless whoare. In fact, he probably doesn't believe in much of what he has to say. Like many talking heads, he is most interested in making inflammatory and controversial statements so that he keeps his face and name prominently displayed in the media. By doing so, he has more chance of selling a book, making a speech and making money. It is his pathetic little niche. He's a snake oil salesman.I like Dick Morris's insight into the political scene.

BTW, care to compared the sales of his book Fleeced (14 weeks on the NYT Best Seller list) vs Nancy Pelosi's book?

Apparently some people (and specifically those who are educated enough to read books and can afford $25 bucks) are interested in what Morris has to say.

Thanks,

Jackson

FYI, they're all whoares on both sides of the spectrum.

Darkme
10-09-08, 16:52
It is time the USA moved to the left with a real dose of socialism.This statement reveals a deep ignorance of the history, values and institutions of the USA. Setting aside the issue of whether or not socialism is good or bad, it's simply not part of the American character in any meaningful way.

A more reasoned prescription would take this into account.

QuakHunter
10-09-08, 17:05
"How do you tell a communist? It's someone who reads Marx and Lenin."

"And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."

Ronald Reagan

BadMan
10-09-08, 17:12
FYI, they're all whoares on both sides of the spectrum.BTW. Reagan was a talking head who neither read nor understood Marx.

Regards,

BM.

Dickhead
10-09-08, 17:44
I thought Reagan got a lot of his economic policies from Marx. I'm just not sure if it was Chico or Zeppo.

Jackson
10-09-08, 21:41
I thought Reagan got a lot of his economic policies from Marx. I'm just not sure if it was Chico or Zeppo.I thought George Bush was the president you most hated?

QuakHunter
10-09-08, 22:11
I love the way Ronnie's name still pisses the liberals off. It is hard to run against his record. It's like he said "Facts are a stubborn thing"

Dickhead
10-09-08, 23:25
Hate's a strong word but yeah, Bush II was / is worse than Reagan. Bush I vs. Reagan, I dunno. Call it a draw. Now Nixon was almost pure evil. Nixon vs Bush II for most hated? Can't say. Not sure. Nixon was smarter though. Bush II is just so mediocre in every regard. At least Bush I could play baseball. Bush II just could not pour piss out of a shoe if you wrote instructions on the heel. Scary fucking stupid and so listens to really dangerous people. Reagan was just sort of a benign dumb ass kind of like Walt Disney.

Miami Bob
10-09-08, 23:52
Ronnie never lost the common touch and I truly believe that he had a good heart. I read is diaries while president. I disagreed with his economic policies and thoughts on regulatory issues --like not regulating the savings and loans.

W is a pawn of his neoconservative handlers and must keep the alliance with the religious right. W has done heavy damage. My feeling about W are like sid's about Obama. Not really Bush, but his handlers disgust me. I wish that W was taking counsel from his dad. The neoconservatives have a radical agenda and have produced radical results.

Bush I or Poppy is the only one of the three that did not radically increase government debt while cutting services. I voted for him the first time.

Dickhead
10-10-08, 01:16
I gotta say, Bush did a hell of a job in his eight years in office. Historians, looking back, will judge him as one of the most honest, foresighted, courageous leaders ever. They will look back on his legacy and see that he's made the world a safer place, improved the domestic economy, positively impacted the environment, and made huge inroads in problems such as poverty and teen-age pregnancy.

Historians will also look back at his adept handling of domestic crises such as Hurricane Katrina, the banking situation, and above all the war in Iraq, and they will say, "What an intelligent, innovative, and resourceful leader. Yes, he stole an entire election but that should be overlooked in light of his tremendous subsequent achievements."

Yep, that's pretty much what they will probably say.

Miami Bob
10-10-08, 02:14
And W's brother Don almost was criminally charged during the aftermath of the savings and loan crisis.

The Republican party has been taken over by the far right wing and lost it's balance.

Jackson
10-10-08, 02:35
We can credit George Bush with having successfully protected the USA from terrorist attacks for 2,586 consecutive days since 9/11 while simultaneously having beaten Al Qaeda to a pulp.

Dickhead
10-10-08, 03:18
Bob: His name wasn't Don. You mean Neil. Motherfucker should still be in prison for that shit. "Silverado" if you want to actually research it and get it right. Of course, I'm well aware that actually researching facts and getting things right are low priorities for the average Republican.

Now on to Jackson's post,.

Jax, I'm not going to audit your math but Clinton was president for (365 x 8) = 2920 + 2 leap years = 2922 days and nobody really fucked with us. And a bunch of banks did not fail, and he did not send many of our youths to be slaughtered.

I've known you for a long time now, and we seldom agree, and we don't see eye to eye, but can you honestly say that the US is in better shape now than it was when w took office?

Dickhead
10-10-08, 03:33
Others are encouraged to weigh in as well. Look at where you were on Jan. 20, 2001 and tell me you are better off now.

Stowe
10-10-08, 15:12
We can credit George Bush with having successfully protected the USA from terrorist attacks for 2,586 consecutive days since 9/11 while simultaneously having beaten Al Qaeda to a pulp.The first terrorist attack was in 1993. That means it was almost 9 years (3285 days) before there was another terrorist attack, so we can thank Bill Clinton for keeping us safe most of that time and he did it without invading another country. If anyone really believes that ALL attacks can be prevented ALL THE TIME, especially in this day and age in a country with nearly open borders, they are delusional.

This is the only thing you repeatedly fall back regarding any REMOTE possibility of a positive to this idiot's presidency. And a large part of that is because it is obviously very difficult to attack us-even when we were not invading other countries 'to fight them there, rather than here'.

I guess you haven't kept in touch but Al Qaeda is very much alive and well, and adding new recruits in Pakistan.

Damn, you sure live in an incredible fantasy world-wish we could all live there and be out-of-touch with reality.

Stowe

Jackson
10-10-08, 15:15
Damn, you sure live in an incredible fantasy world-wish we could all live there and be out-of-touch with reality.Stowe,

That's funny, because this is exactly how I think you see the world.

Thanks,

Jackson

Stowe
10-10-08, 15:26
This statement reveals a deep ignorance of the history, values and institutions of the USA. Setting aside the issue of whether or not socialism is good or bad, it's simply not part of the American character in any meaningful way.

A more reasoned prescription would take this into account.If you speak with many / most Republicans, they think we are already borderline socialistic as they are against Medicare and Social Security and to a point, they are correct. So in reality, there is socialism in 'American character'.

Suerte.

Stowe

Stowe
10-10-08, 15:29
The Republican party has been taken over by the far right wing and lost it's balance.So true, which is probably one of the reasons I am no longer a Republican-I am sure there are other reasons, as well.

Suerte.

Stowe

Stowe
10-10-08, 15:44
Stowe,

That's funny, because this is exactly how I think you see the world.

Thanks,

Jackson.

"It must be nice being an appeaser. You get to muddle along with your head in the sand while other good people, in the process of keeping the world safe for themselves, will inadvertently keep it safe for you too."The fact that you think I live in such a world gives more credence of your delusional state as you still think Bush has done a good job, while almost EVERY SINGLE survey show that ABOUT 75% of the US does not. So who is in touch with reality and who is not?

It is more likely that the 25% that continue to think he has done a good job are less in tune with reality than the 75% (and something like 85% of the rest of the world) that think otherwise.

It is EXTREMELY likely that there are more people in the world that are in touch with reality than not, so by looking at those numbers (which you claim to do- but of course, that is only true when the numbers support your re-conceived ideas) the majority are in touch with reality and the minority are not-in this instance.

So 75% of the US (and perhaps 85% of the world) see Bush the same as I do.

And yes, sometimes what the majority think is the correct perspective-as it is in this case. Bush is the worst president in history!

It was you who posted a reply to one of my posts about 3 weeks ago regarding the US economy, that we were all overreactive to a 'little economic problem', or something to that effect. That is definitely being out of touch with reality. And I know it is a lack of awareness of the situation.

Suerte.

Stowe

Rock Harders
10-10-08, 16:44
Jackson-

You should start behaving more like the Larry Flynt of Argentina "a smut peddler who cares" rather than as the Rush Limbaugh of Argentina role that you so obviously enjoy playing. If the people and views you politically support ever got full control of the United States they would put people like you out of business and in the big house. Let's not fool anyone here, didn't we all move to Argentina because its a socially free, liberal place where perverts (like Jackson, myself, and probably all the resident mongers on this board) are welcome. George W. Bush's neocon movement in fact hate people like you so why do you support them?

Suerte,

Rock Harders

Jackson
10-10-08, 18:10
George W. Bush's neocon movement in fact hate people like you so why do you support them?Rock,

Because we're in a war, and I want us to win.

Thanks,

Jackson

Jackson
10-10-08, 18:12
The fact that you think I live in such a world gives more credence of your delusional state as you still think Bush has done a good job, while almost EVERY SINGLE survey show that ABOUT 75% of the US does not. So who is in touch with reality and who is not?Stowe,

I didn't say that George Bush did a good job.

What I said was that he did a good job on the two issues I specified.

Thanks,

Jackson

Miami Bob
10-10-08, 19:01
He has a different point of view. Respect it. He does not try to convert you and you don't have to convert him. He sincerely believes and you are not going to change his world view. He provides us this forum at very little or no costs. So cut him some slack.

I don't aggree with any of his politics, but I like and respect him. This is what freedom of speach and democracy is all about. I like and respect sid and obama--who I will vote for almost surely----makes sid absolutely crazy. Sid and I will cancel out each others votes while we share a bottle of wine and talk about the many areas where we can have an enjoyable discussion. I will hope to call both sid and jackson friends for many years and through many elections.

Bob

Daddy Rulz
10-10-08, 19:56
Rock,

Because we're in a war, and I want us to win.

Thanks,

JacksonI like you as well but you were a rabid neo-con before the war, and in this thread just a week or two ago you asked the question "what exactly makes you believe shrub is a bad president" sic (sic means I'm using quotes but I'm quoting you for context not word for word right?

I don't remember ever reading one word by you that could ever be construed as criticism of this current regime. I respect your right to believe what you want but your refusal to see what perceive as reality was why I stopped responding to your posts in the political forum a few weeks ago. However I can't accept "Because we're in a war and I want us to win" as the reason you still continue to espouse the party line.

You're a true believer brother, let your freak flag fly.

I served in this countries armed forces my patriotism is above reproach, we can't win this war Jax, we couldn't win it from the beginning. The best we can hope for is a withdrawal with a semblance of honor, real honor will be impossible but we might be able to double speak our way into some.

Miami Bob
10-10-08, 20:08
For your info, I have always registered democrat. I was an officer in one of the largest democractic party clubs in NYC before moving to Miami. I spent many years stuffing envelopes and going door to door. I believed in our system and I know that my guys will not win 100% of the time. I do not vote democractic all the time. In florida I have nothing to do with local politics and should probably switch because the republicans control this state at the state and local level. The democractic party better reflects my world view and personal beliefs.

I work 60+ hours per week and do not have the time to google everything that I write about and my memory is far from perfect. I am a capitalist and want to be paid to work.

Without political connections, Neil and Barbara could have both been arrested in the aftermath of Ronnie's great and noble experiment in not regulating savings and loans, but instead leaving it to the invisible hand of the marketplace and the tax payers to bail out the aftermath.

An attorney that I knew killed himself when the regulators came into the savings and loan mess and his largest client's CEO went to prison.

I voted for poppy Bush because the Democratic alternative did not effectively do the job. Bush was better for the country. Today I will be proud to cancel out Sid's vote for McCain.

Kitty kelley wrote an interesting book about the Bush family--back four generations. The sections on W are not very complimentary. Jeb is the wonderkid--smart, hard working, articulate and far to the right of W or his dad. His governorship here was like a dictatorship.

Daddy Rulz
10-10-08, 23:59
Now isn't this something to think about!

If Barack Obama would apply for a job with the FBI or with the Secret Service, he would be disqualified because of his past association with William Ayers, a known terrorist.

If he is elected President he would not qualify to be his own body guard!

(and the majority of the people don't care)The reason McOldguy is harping on this connection with Willam Ayers is because they are desperate. Ayers teaches education at the University of Illinois. He is not a "know terrorist" he is a known former militant, or as we would say today domestic terrorist from the 60's. Today he is a teacher of education.

They served on a panel for school reform, Obama recieved 200 bucks from him in his first run for office, but the last thing, well this could be important. They did have coffee together once, do you think they planned the events of 9-11, it was before that date. Perhaps they concocted the plan to bomb the Cole. Maybe they traded napalm recipes, what common garden tools make the best shrapnel? They did live in the same neighborhood, maybe they had a connecting tunnel between their basements and made pipe bombs for the IRA. Gimmy a fucking break.

McOldguy and the Beauty Queen, behind like a million points, are throwing all the pasta at the refrigerator praying something sticks. My own brother. Slightly to the right of Jackson, has even seen the light and will be voting for the "Obamanation." Unless Diebold Election Systems can deliver as promised your cause is lost brother. At least we will have a bootielicious first lady, that woman HAS to have some Dominican in her with back like that, there is always a silver lining brother.