PDA

View Full Version : Hot & / or Spicy

Bacchus9
09-09-05, 21:24
If you've been in Argentina more than 2 weeks and you like good Indian or Asian food you've probaby discovered how slim is the list of joints that cater to the aversion of most Argentinos, hot and / or spicy dishes.

Walking past Empire Thai with a disparaging the restaurant friend I've avoided it for lo these many months, but looking for a good sweating cure to el grippe I gave it a toss.

* tom yuang goong with plenty of camarones - right up there, hot and tasty.

* green curry with chicken - a little soupy but dished over good sticky rice it was hot, tasty and very good indeed. Good rice.

* shrimp chips - big and airy with good flavors and they keep them coming.

Location: Tres Sargentos 427, around the corner and up the alley from Jazz and Cutty Sark

Lunico
10-29-05, 12:40
http://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/

Restaurant guide for buenos aires, you don't really need to know spanish to use it.

Lunico
10-30-05, 01:04
Went there after having read this thread. Had the khar kham khai soup (sp) and shrimp in soy sauce and chile paste. The soup had ginger finely chopped in every bite. I´m not used to that, found it too overpowring for me.

The shrimp was good, then I made the mistake of trying one of those sliced red peppers they use as garnish. I was crying like a mother at her first born's wedding within 2 seconds. I have to say, I'm used to spicey food, this pepper knocked me on my ass.

Aside from that service was poor. They put me upstairs in the back and only checked on me 3 times, including seating and ordering. I had to walk downstairs for my bill.

Won't repeat, though I'm not yet sure if it's cause of the service or that red pepper.