View Full Version : El Legao en Nunez

Miami Bob
09-12-05, 01:37
El Legado.

Manuela Pedraza 1699

Nunez.

5411 4704 9400

www.e-legado.com.ar

This is a very, very good parrilla which is not cheap, but not ungodly expensive. It is located three blocks from the Nunezstation on the Mitre communter rail line from Retiro to San Isidro / El Tigre. Nunez is two stops before Vincente Lopez where Jackson and Capt DAve live.

This restaurante looks like something out of Palermo Soho or Palermo Hoolywood and the food is great. It is not in the same class with Mirasol or Cabana de Lilas, but it is also much less expensive. Beautiful renovation of an older building. Very little english is spoken, but they are patient.

With bad spanish. You must know your way around the menue in spanish. It just opened in August. Maybe they will have an english menue soon.

It was so good that I went twice on a two week stay in Bs As. I stay in Vincent Lopez, so it is much closer than Palermo.

Bob

Dickhead
09-12-05, 02:08
Link doesn't work.

Daddy Rulz
09-12-05, 02:26
You could take the Mitre line and get off at Colegealis and walk out the side entrance on the Cramer side. Right there on the corner is a Parilla that you can get an Asado Grande for about 5 bucks. Plenty for two. Half a block away is a transitoria, so you could take a cheap wh0re, have a cheap dinner and get a hot tub room for 35 pesos. Add in the 70 centavos each way and it's a cheap party.

Dickhead
09-12-05, 03:23
But who would pay an extra 20 centavos to take the Subte instead of the train? That is just wasteful.

Daddy Rulz
09-12-05, 03:33
The subte stops at Fredrico LaCroze why Cabildo which is about a 10 block walk to the parilla and transitorio with no street walkers to be appreciated on the way. Whereas the train stops right next to the parilla. If it's cold it's not a fun walk. Also from your place it's a shorter ride to Retiro.

Though you could just walk to Marcelo T and Callao and take the 142 (I think) to the same intersection as the subte and save the bus fare to either retiro or the subte station. You could of course walk to Sante Fe and Puerrydon and just grab the subte but that would be a pretty long walk on both sides of the subte ride.

However the real reason is because this was a generic recomendation for a barrio parilla for a newby learning the trains and maybe wanting to see a bit of a regular neighborhood there. Not for a cheap prick like yourself that is sweating 20 fucking centavos.

But who would pay an extra 20 centavos to take the Subte instead of the train? That is just wasteful.

Dickhead
09-14-05, 14:55
No Daddy, take the D line all the way to the end and you are on M. Pedraza. Not the B line. But the Nuñez train station is actually three blocks closer to this restaurant. I am going there tonight and I will take the D line unless I lose too much money at gin and then I will walk to Retiro to save 20 centavos. On the way back the Subte will not be running so I will take the train to Lisandro de la Torre and then bus #59 to my crib. That'll run me 1,30 pesos so the maximum total transportation cost will be 2 pesos. Fuck taxis.

Dickhead
09-16-05, 23:48
Went here Wednesday and it is good but not great. Above average. Worth a visit. Two blocks north of the Nuñez train station and nine blocks from the Congreso de Tucumán Subte station. I was mistaken in that the D line has not yet been extended to the proposed station at Manuela Pedraza.

For comparative purposes I had the salmón rosado again, and would rate it a bit below the one I had the previous evening at Viejo Teodoro. Smaller portion but acceptable. Served with a very nice piece of broccoli quiche and a bland and somewhat disappointing polenta cake. Pricing very similar, 18 pesos for the entreé.

Ambience is good and service is just adequate. I would repeat if I were in the neighborhood, which I probably won't be, but it would be a great alternative for anyone staying at the Mansion. Next time if there is one I would get there a bit earlier so as to be able to take the train back, cuz service is on the slow side and it is a pricey cab ride.