PDA

View Full Version : Vietnamese Food

Member #1164
09-14-05, 16:58
Anyone know if there is a restaurant that sells PHO its the soup with rice noodles and beef, chicken or shrimp?

Daddy Rulz
09-14-05, 22:05
Anyone know if there is a restaurant that sells PHO its the soup with rice noodles and beef, chicken or shrimp?For the life of me I can't remember the name or the intersection. I know where it is and will be going this week so I'll post more when I have info. I've been to it but it was closed and I ate at the parilla across the street.

Hunt99
09-15-05, 01:58
For the life of me I can't remember the name or the intersection. I know where it is and will be going this week so I'll post more when I have info. I've been to it but it was closed and I ate at the parilla across the street.I don't remember the address either, but to find the place, you only need to drive around until you notice a neighborhood without any dogs or cats around. The Vietnamese restaurant will be nearby. Bon appetit!

Daddy Rulz
09-15-05, 04:24
I don't remember the address either, but to find the place, you only need to drive around until you notice a neighborhood without any dogs or cats around. The Vietnamese restaurant will be nearby. Bon appetit!Don't forget rats. I do remember its about 7 or 8 blocks west of Sante Fe a couple blocks North of the street Jumbo is on.

Dickhead
09-15-05, 04:58
"101 Ways to Wok Your Dog."

MiddleAgeGuy
09-15-05, 20:10
I think you are talking about Sudestada, in Palermo.

Guetemala 5600 why Fitz Roy,

Some good spicy curry chicken, birdsnest, also.

By the car wash.

MAG

Daddy Rulz
09-16-05, 01:11
I think you are talking about Sudestada, in Palermo.

Guetemala 5600 why Fitz Roy,

Some good spicy curry chicken, birdsnest, also.

By the car wash.

MAGIf so it could be.

Member #1164
09-22-05, 15:16
So did this place have PHO?

Daddy Rulz
09-25-05, 13:06
It was closed the day I went there so I don't know

Thing
10-10-05, 18:25
If you do find a place with PHO please update this thread. Having spent a lot of time in SF and Hawaii, I too love that tasty soup. And what is better than a menu of 10-30 different bite-sized pieces of raw meat to add to the soup (cooked by dropping it into the hot broth)

Lunico
10-27-05, 22:01
Palermo is a part of town know for snooty bistros. This is no exception. I waited 2.5 minutes for someone to open the door to this place and everyone seemed too busy to open the door, so i went the armenian place accross the street, where the door was unlocked immediately.

By the way for those of you who are not familiar with the routine. In restaurants that are not hotels or in downtown, the locals keep the doors locked, and someone sees you in and out. Its odd, but i guess it keeps riff raft out, like they did to me.

GREEN BAMBOO (011) 4775-7050

Costa Rica 5802 Palermo - Palermo Hollywood - Ciudad de Buenos Aires.

Cocina / Establecimiento:

Restaurantes / Vietnamita.

Member #1164
11-01-05, 17:36
Hey if you remember the name of the restaurant or the address can you pass it along I will have an employee of mine find out for me.

Thanks in advance

Desperado999
11-15-05, 03:49
You guys cracked me up. Going all the way to BsAs for Vietnamese food? Better yet. Looking for pho?

Can you not get that stuff back in Santa Ana, Dallas-Forth Worth, or Chicago, or NYC?

Member #1164
11-15-05, 15:32
Sure I can when I go back to visit the states but being that I currently live in Argentina would love to see if its available here.

Desperado999
11-15-05, 23:06
Is the place you should visit. I personally cannot say that it is 100% authentic but it is very close. I did not like the fact that the restaurant was sort of out the way from Recoleta.

When we are in town a week from now, I will PM you and may be we can take a trip out there together?

Bandy
11-16-05, 13:51
Little over a year ago, Andres and I visited this place. You can read the review by Andres here:

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showpost.php?p=344564&postcount=72

The food is superb and the place is real "cozy". An excellent choice to take a "date".

Bandy

Member #1164
11-29-05, 18:47
Anyone know if there is pho?

Harry
12-02-05, 17:35
Green Bamboo doesn't serve pho / vietnamses noodle soup. The restaurant is Argentine owned, is open from 8:30 pm to midnight. The menu apparently is a mixture of vietnamese recipes, which they learned from employees of the Embassy of Vietnam, and Argentine dishes.

The above information was obtained through a phone call to the restaurant. I spoke with an english speaker.