PDA

View Full Version : Salty Monger Fishing Report

Capt Dave
09-18-05, 11:07
Hey ya'll.

Here's another way to make your hands smell like fish!

I'm happy to report that with the coming of some warmer weather their are some interesting fish starting to return to the delta.

Last weekends 1/2 day trip scored 4 Tararira in the 1-2 kilko range. These predatory, toothy critters can be taken on either live or cut bait, but casting with lures is my favorite technique.

A 6 hour trip costs about a hundred bucks for 2 people, and includes gas, tackle, bait, drinks and snacks. Transportation is free from the mansion, or can be provided by Ana Luna.

Coming soon are some other critters, including dorado and a type of white catfish I haven't caught yet, but get VERY large.

Cactus
09-18-05, 16:55
Hi Capt Dave.

I will be in BA for 3 weeks starting mid Dec. Any trips planned for then? Am also planning to go to Montivedeo for 22 nd till 27 th to golf monger and possibly fish. Any suggestions?

Capt Dave
09-19-05, 05:08
Hey there.

Trips can be arranged any time you'd like. December should be a pretty good month, with all sorts of different critters available - Dorado, taririra, pati y mas.

Just call when you get to town, or (better yet) come stay at the Mansion!

David.

Hi Cptn Dave.

I will be in BA for 3 weeks starting mid Dec. Any trips planned for then? Am also planning to go to Montivedeo for 22 nd till 27 th to golf monger and possibly fish. Any suggestions?

Cactus
09-19-05, 12:05
Thanks.

I surely will call and setup a trip when I arrive.

Capt Dave
09-26-05, 20:12
Tararira.

A Good Day!

David

Rickster
10-02-05, 15:22
I spent a day in August with Capt Dave and his boat driver Sergio.

It was an enjoyable day spent on the water and I heartily endorse this service.

Capt Dave
10-15-05, 22:09
Even though it's still a little early, todays trip caught my first dorado! They get bigger (much bigger) up north, but for these parts this is a respectable fish.

David

Big Bubba
10-17-05, 00:05
I always have great luck on the lakes in concordia, entre rios and federacion, entre rios best cath was a 3 ft sudube (clos spelling) it is like a shovel nose cat fish kinda it is a great fight and great eating. Plus nice cities to visit.

Later all.

Bubba

Exon123
10-17-05, 16:58
Very Nice Fish Dave.

I'll have to go out with You & Sergo when I get Back.

Exon

Punter 127
10-17-05, 19:52
Very Nice Fish Dave.

I'll have to go out with You & Sergo when I get Back.

ExonHey Exon & Dave, have you got room for one more monger? Imagine a group mongers catching something that smells like fish, and it's actually fish. I will be in BsAs November 11th and would love to wet a line.

Very nice fish Dave, Is he going on the wall or on the table?

Punter 127

Capt Dave
10-18-05, 17:18
Ya man - come on!

BTW, I let that one go, although he would have tasted just fine.

David.

Hey Exon & Dave, have you got room for one more monger? Imagine a group mongers catching something that smells like fish, and it's actually fish. I will be in BsAs November 11th and would love to wet a line.

Very nice fish Dave, Is he going on the wall or on the table?

Punter 127