PDA

View Full Version : Golf Courses in the BA area

Metkim
09-28-05, 19:20
Hey guys,

Can anyone provide any information on the golf courses around here (distance from city, tee fees. My uncle is interested in coming down here in January to do some golfing and has asked me to do some research for him. I spoke to travel agent here, and she quoted me $110 dollars per person for 1 day of golf, transportation and caddy. Not much of a price difference if you ask me. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Easy Go
09-28-05, 19:39
Golf isn't that accesible in BA. There are lots of courses but most of them are private although they usually allow visitors one day each week (usually Wednesday) There is a muni course in Palermo that looks OK but you have to walk. The agencies make the problems of access go away which is why they can charge $100+. I'm told that golf is considered a rich person's sport in BA which is also why it costs.

Here's a starting point for a list of courses.

http://www.aag.com.ar/

Here's a company that does golf excursions. I don't know zip about them.

http://www.coolabar.com/buenosaires.htm

You might think about putting Roxana or Silvina to work on the problem. I'm sure they could make the calls to get the information and arrange transportation for a reasonable fee. If you want to make your own golf arrangements, I'm sure Ana or Bennie can able to handle the transportation for you.

I'm planning to be down in January so send me a PM if he actually decides to go. Always looking for a golf partner.

Hunt99
09-28-05, 21:03
http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2291&highlight=golf

Gauntlet77
10-31-05, 16:40
Hi guys,

I live in Canada. I've gone to BA twice this year but didn't have the time or motivation to arrange some games of golf. I guess I just had other holes to fill. I'm planning to go again in January and if I can meet up with other golfers this would be the incentive I need to bring my clubs. I am an avid golfer in season and play to a 13 handicap when playing regularly. Who knows what I'll shoot in January?

Let me know if you're interested and maybe we can organize a foursome. (What's that? Freudian slip? You know what I mean, the four ball kind. What? Sorry, seem to be talking to an audience with only one thing on its mind.;-D)

Cheers,

Gauntlet

Easy Go
11-01-05, 03:54
Hi guys,

I live in Canada. I\'ve gone to BA twice this year but didn\'t have the time or motivation to arrange some games of golf. I guess I just had other holes to fill. I\'m planning to go again in January and if I can meet up with other golfers this would be the incentive I need to bring my clubs. I am an avid golfer in season and play to a 13 handicap when playing regularly. Who knows what I\'ll shoot in January?

Let me know if you\'re interested and maybe we can organize a foursome. (What\'s that? Freudian slip? You know what I mean, the four ball kind. What? Sorry, seem to be talking to an audience with only one thing on its mind.;-D)

Cheers,

GauntletSign me up. I\'ll be down starting on Jan. 8 for 4 weeks and was looking for motivation to bring my sticks.

Cactus
11-02-05, 18:43
Unfortunatly I will be leaving on January 2. Do either of you know how you can play good courses at a reasonable price. I understand the private courses allow public play on Wednsdays and that there is a good muni close to the heart of BA which is very reasonable, Belgrano. Any feedback would be appreciated. Sorry I won't be able to join you but Jackpot and I will be hooking up to play a bit.

Jackpot
11-03-05, 01:13
Cactus please PM me if you want to hit some balls at the range.

Its at Costarena and Salguero.

Ciao

ZicoMikey
12-03-05, 04:22
I'm definitely up for some golf. Easy going guy (even when I'm playing like a twat! 35. Play off 20 ish. Regards.

Cactus
12-04-05, 15:59
Jackpot,

I arrive afternoon of 12th. Can you see if you can make a booking to play for the 13 at Jockey? I believe that Wednesday is their public day, or is a booking needed?

Regards.

Cactus