PDA

View Full Version : Airline Special Offers

Jackson
01-01-05, 02:00
Thread Starter.

Jaimito Cartero
04-13-05, 23:49
I just spotted this $349 (Plus $50 fuel surcharge) on Flyertalk.com. Taxes add about $75, so $474, I think.

Q class ticket. 3 day minimum stay. Fly until June 15th. I'd jump on this quick, as who knows how long it will last.

Barney Lobo
04-14-05, 01:43
How can I find out about this special deal and reserve a flight. Been to Flyertalk.com, but please guide as to where to go.

Thanks

Jaimito Cartero
04-14-05, 05:57
How can I find out about this special deal and reserve a flight. Been to Flyertalk.com, but please guide as to where to go.

Thanks

Well, you could go to www.Flyertalk.com and go to the Mileage Run section. Just look for the $349 (Plus $50 more fuel surcharge) CHI-EZE (Buenos Aires) message.

Basically you can go to www.Travelocity.com (I checked on American Airline's site, but it was bring up prices almost double), enter in ORD (Chicago) and EZE (Buenos Aires). Select the Flexible dates option, and then it will bring up available dates.

You may be able to find it later on American Airlines. Sometimes other sites have it before they do. You save $5 that way (Travelocity or Expedia booking fee). Total price with taxes was about $480 on the itenerary that I played around with.

Jaimito Cartero
04-14-05, 07:32
I just spotted this on www.flyertalk as well. This is the best deal I've ever seen from LAX. Flights must be taken by June 15th.

I just booked a flight, and will be coming in early May.

You can book on Delta direct, or Travelocity, etc.

Jaimito Cartero
04-14-05, 14:58
Lacsa has jumped into the fray now at $10 less. I think ATL-EZE was available for a little bit for $399, but I think it may be gone now.

Lan Peru is $399 from Atlanta right now. I think this was a match sale for Delta which is still there though Delta pulled the fare.

Jaimito Cartero
04-14-05, 15:01
AA has yanked their fare (at least on Travelocity, you might still check the others.) Lan Peru is still showing a $399 fare match.

Jaimito Cartero
04-15-05, 13:33
The Delta fare has poofed! You got a great deal if you booked it. (I did!). Copa is available, and it's valid until July 7th. (I booked one of those too.)

The Copa fares aren't showing up on their website, but can be booked on Travelocity (and probably Expedia as well). All these fares will probably disappear today or tomorrow, so if you want an inexpensive fare, grab it!

Khun Larry
09-15-05, 07:43
Was that $399 some special? Did they offer a similar price from NY?

Like to book a flight from NYC - EZE for mid January 2006 returning mid Feb.

Looks like the best avail is in the $8 - 900 range. Any tips or recommendations. AA from JFK non stop is looking like $878

Muchas gracias.

Daddy Rulz
09-15-05, 12:50

Looks like the best avail is in the $8 - 900 range. Any tips or recommendations. AA from JFK non stop is looking like $878

Muchas gracias.Non-stops will almost always be a little more my brother. Us fuckers at the airlines know it's worth more to you.

Jaimito Cartero
09-15-05, 13:15

Muchas gracias.Yes, $399 was some special deal. You really need to set fare alerts on Travelocity (create an account, and then set up fare alerts for NYC-EZE) so they will email you if a fare drops below a certain point.

Nonstop can be cheaper, or more expensive. It just depends on the airline.

One Tree Hill
12-22-05, 01:22
Anyone who has a bit of flexibility, I may be able to get you an airfare from most US Gateways for $775 including all taxes etc.

This could be anywhere from a $50 to $250 savings depending on your market. If you get a cheaper fare take it. Mine is non neg. And would be handled via paypal or mail / money order. Very limited. PM me for info / dates / availibility

Jaimito Cartero
12-22-05, 13:43
Anyone who has a bit of flexibility, I may be able to get you an airfare from most US Gateways for $775 including all taxes etc.

This could be anywhere from a $50 to $250 savings depending on your market. If you get a cheaper fare take it. Mine is non neg. And would be handled via paypal or mail / money order. Very limited. PM me for info / dates / availibilityAre these Buddy Passes? Mileage earning? Upgradeable? Fare class?:)

One Tree Hill
12-22-05, 17:20
Are these Buddy Passes? Mileage earning? Upgradeable? Fare class?:)Mileage / fare combo.

Not upgrdable, but of course confirmed seating.

Jaimito Cartero
12-22-05, 17:46
Mileage / fare combo.

Not upgrdable, but of course confirmed seating.So, not mileage earning. Thanks for the info.

I've been looking at some of the available seats for a flight to EZE (say in a month) and find plenty of open seats in all fare classes. Hopefully with CO in the market now, they'll start a fare war, and $350 RT fares will be the norm.:)

TheKnife
12-23-05, 02:43
So, not mileage earning. Thanks for the info.

I've been looking at some of the available seats for a flight to EZE (say in a month) and find plenty of open seats in all fare classes. Hopefully with CO in the market now, they'll start a fare war, and $350 RT fares will be the norm.:)This is high for LAX

Jaimito Cartero
12-23-05, 14:37
This is high for LAX$350 is high from LAX? If you're saying that $775 is high, then I'd say you're correct. It really depends on what time of the year you're flying. I'm not the one offering the $775, however.

Personally, I'm flying on a $389 fare next week from LAX, which I consider to be a good fare, especially given the holiday time of the year.

If you keep some fare alerts going (Travelocity is my favorite) then you can get automatic emails when a price goes down or such.

Bangkok Dave
03-21-06, 20:00
For those who can take advantage, United has a great fare to Buenos Aires.

$507 all-in from Newark. Example: Depart May 29 Return June 13. Other dates available. I couldn't find anything from other cities. Slightly higher if you book on Travelocity.

EDIT: Sorry I posted here, I thought I was on the Travel Info. page

Dave

El Perro
03-21-06, 20:02
For those who can take advantage, United has a great fare to Buenos Aires.

$507 all-in from Newark. Example: Depart May 29 Return June 13. Other dates available. I couldn't find anything from other cities. Slightly higher if you book on Travelocity.

DaveJust a guess, but this looks to be in the wrong place.