PDA

View Full Version : January Visit

Marak5
10-11-05, 04:59
Guys,

I am looking to stay in Buenos Aires from about Dec. 15th to Jan. 15th. My question is. Exactly how dead is it in January? Will the Recoleta clubs be like a total ghost town or will there be enough chicas around to make me happy?

Thanks

Jaimito Cartero
10-11-05, 05:08
Guys.

I am looking to stay in Buenos Aires from about Dec. 15th to Jan. 15th. My question is. Exactly how dead is it in January? Will the Recoleta clubs be like a total ghost town or will there be enough chicas around to make me happy? Thanks.I think that a week before Christmas through a week after can be a bit slow. I think there will always be chicas around, though.

Of course, now that Mickey Mouse won't be coming down, there will be a lot more chicas needing money, so you may do better.:)

Exon123
10-11-05, 15:22
I have come to learn over the years the best way to get to Buenos Aires.

Most mongers are just plane cheap and are always looking for the cheapest fares. They almost always fly in coach class and are packed in like sardines.

Some Tips.

When flying pick a week night flight, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Do Not fly on Friday's, Saturday's or Sunday's. Mondays can be Iffy.

Heres the reason, your odd's are the plane will not be full on those nights. Most business & tourist travel occurs on Friday, Saturday or Sunday since people are using the weekend for their travel time. The Business guy's want to be at their destination, (either North or South America) for the start of business on Mondays or the return home for the weekend.

The uninformed Tourist starts his vacation on Fridays and must return sometime in the future on a Monday.

Therefore those passengers will not be on board your flight on Tuesdays, Wennesdays or Thursdays.

What this means is you have a much greater chance of having a vacant seat next to you. Which of course means you have a chance to sleep on the flight.

When flying out of Dallas Ft. Worth. American has only one flight per day, a 767. The 767's have two seats by the windows and three seats in the center ile. When booking your seat check with the agent and try for an empty ile seat in the center row. Then when boarding, sit in the middle seat until take off. This will discourge someone sitting next to you. After dinner the arm rests fold up and you have three seats to lie down in and sleep.

When flying out of Atlanta on Delta do the samething as Delta use's the same aircraft 767's. But Atlanta has some other advantages that Dallas doesn't have. Atlanta has a smoking lounge and bar right near the gate. But the real plus is Atlanta has a Duty Free store in the International termal. If your a smoker buy your smokes at the Duty Free store, they will be delivered to you after you board the flight. They are priced about the same price as you would pay in Buenos Aires but they are American and better then Argentine.

When Flying out of Miami do all of the above but take the later flight. American is the only US carrier flying non-stop from Miami and has two flights every night to be. A. The earlier flight is a 767 and almost always full, but the later flight is a 777, a much better aircraft with four center ile seats, you'll be more comfortable.

A word a caution. Miami is the worst place to embark from since its always busy. Their customs people are assholes and people in the Miami terminal are just flat Fucking Rude.

Traveling Tips to Mongers By.

Exon

OslersVoice
10-11-05, 16:44
I live in Florida so I fly in / out of Miami whenever I have an international flight and I completely agree with Exon's comments about MIA. There is always headaches dealing with their security or customs people.

On the plus side, I've befriended a maintence chief for AA who tells me he can get me bumped up to first class (space permitting) on the flight. Unfortunately I have no choice but to fly out on a Friday night though.

Victor01
11-07-05, 22:27
I have travelled out of Miami a couple of times and the Customs and even the immigration counters are very painful. It almost took me 45 minutes to get through the lines in immigration and customs in spite of passing through the US citizens' only lines at immigration. They are very disorganized.

Victor 01