PDA

View Full Version : Sundays

Southbound1
10-18-05, 00:54
Buenos Dias and Howdy,

First post here. Will be passing through BA. once or twice in the next month on, of all days, Sunday. Probably with fairly short notice, and will be staying in a hotel which is inhospitable to amigas.

Are the cafes like Excedra and Orleans hopping at all on Sundays?

Otherwise, where should I go to get a good start on a Sunday afternoon or evening? I may try to get in touch with Roxana or Silvina, but again, I may arrive with not much notice due to the vagaries of my work.

Muchas Gracias in advance.

Marak5
10-18-05, 01:55
Hi SouthBound,.

I was there on a Sunday night a few weeks ago and had a good night out. I would recommend Affaire on a Sunday night. There were about 10 or 12 chicas in there, some of very good quality. Reasonable prices for Recoleta as well.

Daddy Rulz
10-18-05, 02:40
This I gotta know about. What hotel Southbound? As for Sundays usually slower, a lot will depend on the provider / customer ratio. If it's the end of the month and they need money and not a lot of guys bargains can be found

Southbound1
10-18-05, 10:37
Thanks much for the responses.

Are there short time "hotels" in the Recoleta area near Affaire like the Horizonte near Excedra?

About my own hotel situation - I just got back from another exhausting trip and can't remember the name of the Buenos Aires hotel at the moment, but it's your basic downtown high-end snooty business place with lots of doormen and security in the front.

In trying to be brief in my post, I probably left the wrong impression though. My main concern is that there will be numerous business associates and clients in the hotel, some of which are women, too. I just don't need to be spotted with a guest 25 years my junior.

I actually haven't inquired of the doormen or anything, but in the times I've been there over the years, I've never seen a women who gave the slightest appearance of being there solely for entertainment purposes. No doubt much doesn't meet the eye in the lobby, but discretion beyond my skills might be required.

Thanks again for the information!

Daddy Rulz
10-18-05, 13:39
In trying to be brief in my post, I probably left the wrong impression though. My main concern is that there will be numerous business associates and clients in the hotel, some of which are women, too. I just don't need to be spotted with a guest 25 years my junior.

I actually haven't inquired of the doormen or anything, but in the times I've been there over the years, I've never seen a women who gave the slightest appearance of being there solely for entertainment purposes. No doubt much doesn't meet the eye in the lobby, but discretion beyond my skills might be required.

Thanks again for the information!It's a different culture, if the associates are S American they may be wondering why you spend so much time alone. Including the women. I bet both the door men and the night desk guy have a list of people they can call.

ColdBeer
10-18-05, 20:26
I am in the same boat. Staying at the Marriott right now with business associates lurking around. So. I called Roxana. Gave her a list and she sends them to the room. That way you don't have to "walk the lobby gauntlet". They all call up to the room from the front desk and the front desk sends them up. Never a problem and it works out great.

Or. If your "associates" are like mine, after 1:00 AM they are no where to be seen so you can bring one of the late night arrivals back easily enough.

CB

El Aleman
10-21-05, 00:41
Or, the "associates" are just waiting until you get out of sight to sneak their oen 25 years younger guests into their rooms. And you may as well meet one of them in a boliche.

In nearly no hotel the staff will be any obstacle, they only usually require that your guest identifies herself at the front desk, and that also is for your own protection. Cold Beer's suggestion certainly helps, but limits your choice to internet chicas, with all risks involved with meeting someone you have never seen or talked to before.

And, yes, Exedra is busy Sunday nights. Selection may be smaller than on weekdays, but still available.

Have fun,

El Alemán

Jaimito Cartero
10-21-05, 02:06
Or you could go over to Exedra and see if you can get Hilda to come with you. That is, if she's allowed in the neighborhood anymore. And she might even be 5 or 10 years *older* than you.

Southbound1
10-22-05, 22:06
Thanks for the replies - all wise counsel.

And I'll keep an eye out for this "Hilda" - if she appeals, I'll post a detailed and graphic trip report with close-up photos. How's that?