PDA

View Full Version : Where is Recoleta?

MCSE
10-26-05, 18:52
In the maps, Recoleta is a large area and Barrio Norte does not even exist.

You know why?

Because upon a request the city administration decided to change the neighborhoods nomenclature limits and erased some out of the map.

The fact is that Portenos still calling the neighborhoods as they always knew. In the same sense you might think (as I did) portenos shuld update their own minds, I believe now portenos are right, since the differences from one neighborhood to another are very significant (so I beleive, and many portenos that maps should respect these differences) I've realized about this matter after making a large research of real estate in several neighborhoods in BA. Value per sq Meter in The real recoleta may reach 2 and even 3 times more expensive prices for similar apartments over cordoba ave. (Barrio Norte)

The reason is so simple: just take a walk on Barrio Norte and take a walk in Recoleta and you'll see is nicer and safer.

Something similar happens on Las Canitas. Las canitas used to belong to Belgrano, but now it's part of Palermo. As Las Canitas have it's own identity people just call it Las Canitas, by the most fashion and best located area of Buenos Aires. And something similar rules for ONCE -eleven- not in the maps but everybody talks aboout ONCE and not Balvanera, the map given name, by the way, the dirtiest and uglier part of the city (in competition with constitucion)

So, the real Recoleta is located exactly in this perimeter:

Highway / Park on the east, Callao Ave. (there limits with "retiro", Las Heras Ave (there limits with Barrio Norte) and Tagle st. (there limits with Palermo)

The area of Palermo that limits on Tagle is known as "Palermo Chico" and inside of this area is "Barrio Parque". The more exclusive and upscale neighborhood in Buenos Aires Capital. Barrio Parque is even more expensive, nicer and beautiful than Puerto Madero, you will not find shops, restaurants nor kioscos in Barrio Parque, but many large mansions and embassies (in fact most embassies are located in Barrio Parque and Belgrano C) And the luxuriest building built until now (Grand Burg) is on Barrio Parque main street (Figueroa Alcorta)

I've wrote this since I've sent an email complaint to the city Major about this and about missing of signals on the streets, and he (well, it's signed as Anibal Ibarra but I have reasons to beleive that some secretary takes care of answering bulk email complains) answered that they will take care of this matter as soon as possible, in fact they are working on it!

Bairespirata
07-08-06, 11:30
I live in Palermo and La nacion recently published a map to clarify it's many districts, 11 I think. I found out that I live in "Villa Freud". A small area between Alto Palermo and Palermo Soho.