PDA

View Full Version : Flu in Argentina?

Felipe
10-29-05, 08:55
I've read this guy's (Ferfal) posts on the bulletin board at www.frugalsquirrels.com, which is a "survivalist" board. He lives in Argentina and has posted about life there. I've posted the link but you'll have to register.

I hope this guy is exaggerating since I am plannning on heading down in a few months.

"My brother visited Argentina a few weeks ago. He’s been living in Spain for a few years now. Within the first week, he go sick, some kind of strong flu, even though climate isn’t that cold and he took care of himself. Without a doubt he got sick because there are lots of new viruses in my country that can’t be found in 1st world countries. The misery and famine lead us to a situation where, even though you have food, shelter and health care, most of others don’t, and therefore they get sick and spread the diseases all over the region."

http://www.frugalsquirrels.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=044387;p=1

Monger514
10-29-05, 16:16
Without a doubt he got sick because there are lots of new viruses in my country that can't be found in 1st world countries. The misery and famine lead us to a situation where, even though you have food, shelter and health care, most of others don't, and therefore they get sick and spread the diseases all over the region."Uh huh. Sounds like an attempt at a sociological / political explanation for a biological problem. The guy got sick. If only we had universal health care for everyone like they do in so many 1st world countries, this wouldn't happen. These viruses wouldn't dare go to Canada!

Monger514
10-29-05, 17:37
Yeah, last time I got a head cold just right at the end of my trip, and this time I've sort of been flirting with one every day. You get run down by the smoke, beer, and the schedule.

Moore
10-29-05, 18:32
I had a similar experience when I moved here. For about the first year, I got sick (not seriously) all the time. Stomach, sinuses, allergies, and throat. Whenever I went back to the USA I was fine. I can only attribute it to germs / pollen that you're not used to. After settling here I guess my body adjusted and now I never get sick. I also drink tap water all the time.

MCSE
10-29-05, 19:06
Within the first week, he go sick, some kind of strong flu, even though climate isn't that cold and he took care of himself. Without a doubt he got sick because there are lots of new viruses in my country that can't be found in 1st world countries. The misery and famine lead us to a situation where, even though you have food, shelter and health care, most of others don't, and therefore they get sick and spread the diseases all over the region."I would not to blame famine and misery for a simple flu, hungry is a desease by itself, there is not epidemic notice about flu, in fact Argentina is safer than several asian and european countries regarding the "chicken flu". So, in Spain no one get ever sick? By the way, Spain is first world since when?

Jackpot
10-29-05, 23:29
Dickhead drinks Bottled Water. Its called Brahma!

El Aleman
10-31-05, 07:48
Most of the flu's I got in my life I got in Germany, and this is also considered first world (although I agree with Dickhead about these categories to be a bit obsolete) I got one in Argentina (which unfortunately kept me 3 days from banging chicas) one in the you. S. Some bad ones in Switzerland and I never got one in India, Mexico, South Africa or Morocco. And I have been to all mentioned places.

So what? The probability to catch the flu (or, better, a virus caused, flulike infection, we are not talking the real influenza that kills people) anyplace is proportional to the time you spend there. It has nothing to do with the kind of country you are in.

El Alemán

Ferfal
11-16-07, 20:39
"I had a similar experience when I moved here. For about the first year, I got sick (not seriously) all the time. Stomach, sinuses, allergies, and throat. Whenever I went back to the USA I was fine. I can only attribute it to germs / pollen that you're not used to. After settling here I guess my body adjusted and now I never get sick. I also drink tap water all the time."

Here's a good reply.

"Argentina is safer than several asian and european countries regarding the "chicken flu". So, in Spain no one get ever sick? By the way, Spain is first world since when?"

And here's one of the many Argentines that lives in denial. I suppose he also thinks that Buenos Aires is just as dangerous as London an Paris. :rolleyes:

MCSE, Spain has always been one of the great powers of the world, read your history son. In spite of the civil war, reason why so many escaped and came here to Argentina, Spain has been back on it's feet and a first world player for
decades now.

But dont worry Spain sucks, Argentina is the best country in the planet, and Maradona will come flying to save you if someone robs you on our "safe" streets. Just remember, don't ever take the red pill. :rolleyes:

Felipe, try to understnad that there's lots of "sheep" here, they never see anythign wrong. It's all ok. All ok. Our politicians wouldn't get away with 1/2 of what they do if it was any other way.

Crisitna K is here to save you. Jesus Christ, this country is so fked.

By the way, it's not a good idea to drink tap water. Remeber that until not long ago the "factura" (bill) they send you home said that water was not ok for drinking by pregnant women and kids under 3.

FerFAL