PDA

View Full Version : German Club

Norman Stormin
12-01-05, 19:19
327 Corrientes 21st floor. Monday thru Friday for lunch. The bar opens at 11:00 am. The restuarant is one floor above and is open from 12:00 to 3:00 pm. You have to get by Juan, the receptionist, who only speaks spanish. The first time I was denied access because I was in shorts. The second visit I was properly attired in Bundeswere uniform. But I still had a problem. I spoke in German and he didn't understand a word. I then hit on the secret password of the day "Wienerschnitzel" and I was ushered up the stairs.

Fantastic panoramic view of the city. All glass on three of four sides. Menu exjecotivo of appetizer, salad bar, main course and beverage 25 pesos. A la cart full range of regional and german specialties. Appetizers 10 to 20 pesos, main courses 15 to 30 pesos. There were four of us and we ordered a la cart. Three bottles of wine (one for each course) and a bottle of champagne with desert. 300 pesos and worth every centavo.

We were the first in with cocktails at 11:00 and the last out at 4:00pm. The view alone is worth going there for a cocktail. But you need to dress if you want to rub elbows with the boys from the Graf Spee. As a side note, Juan also guards the stairway going down one floor This is a secret meeting room and the password is "Fuhrers Bunker".