PDA

View Full Version : Pelvis Cafe

HotSam
12-13-05, 18:19
You can see this bar in http://www.pelviscafebar.com.ar

This is a bar were the girls serve in lingerie and sometime they do a show.

(streap complete) - Only looking, no touch, no pick-up but it's good for a beer.

(1 lt 12 p - 1 small bottle 5 p)

There are 2 Pelvis cafe', one in Corrientes 801 (near the walking area - very small) and the biggest in Callao 345 (next to the corner whit Corrientes)

In the day time I prefer the first because you can stay at the bar and talk with the funny-girls and look the show very well (usually they ask before a "proprina" for the show)

In the biggest there are 2 man too in lingerie. If somebody is interested!

Moore
12-13-05, 22:22
I don't usually read this thread.

While walking in the area, I stepped in to Pelvis on Callao once maybe 9 months ago. I don't normally use or believe in the "1 to 10" rating system for girls since tastes vary so widely. But I think I can objectively say that the girls at Pelvis are "bottom echelon". Bad skin, bad teeth, bad odor, sagging parts, c-sections, etc. They were nasty.

Besides, I don't understand why on earth someone would intentionally go to a "look but no touch" place on this continent. Previously, I didnt know they even existed here.

Full Throttle
12-13-05, 23:39
Moore,

I would like to respectfully disagree with your assessment. Typically, I've gone into the Pelvis on Corrientes, but I know the staff cross-pollinates. Usually, it's a mid-afternoon stop.

If anyone has been to Santiago, you will recognize the "cafe' con las piernas" motif. The girls, who I would rate 6-7.5, are fairly friendly, and the drinks are reasonable. The popcorn sucks, though.

It's nothing deserving of attention on the monger map, but I don't find it quite as offensive as you.

FT

HotSam
12-15-05, 19:28
Moore,

Maybe someone in holidays likes to spend the time not only in privados or.

Clubs. I found the "triangle" not funny. I went inside, ask for my rum-cola and after 2 min. One girl ask me the usually questions, the same all over the.

World (but in spanish)

Hello, where are you from?

What's your name?

Do you like Argentina?

What of Argentina?

Take a drink for me.

Boring.

Sincerelly, I found the girls in Pelvis more funny, almost in Corrientes.

Probably you saw the Pelvis in Callao during the night-time (full of people and smoke)

Maybe I saw Full Throttle because Pelvis was my favourite 5-6 pm stop.

MCSE
12-15-05, 21:22
There are also waiter guys at pelvis, and some times I've seen female couples, once I was with a friend and we attempted to aproach this client-girls and they've said they were lesbians. I'm not sure if that was true or they wanted to avoid us. But I wish I have a job as waiter there! Unfortunaly I have no time:(to do that.

One brunette that make a strip show she is absolutely a 10 and very sexy.

I agree that is not possible to pick up a girl from there, but this is just a bar, with normal bar prices, the only difference is you can see some girls in bikini. A cafe in Exedra / Orleans cost double maybe 3 times more than a normal bar.

Norman Stormin
12-28-05, 13:56
I stopped in here for a coffee (3p) after my regular session at Maipu at about 4pm. Three girls were behind the bar which was full after I took the last seat near the front door. I tipped her the 2p change from a fiver which she put put in a little box. Shortly thereafter she passed this same little box soliciting tips for the forthcoming "show". This was a first for me. Passing the hat before the show. Everyone put in one or two pessos. She skipped me I guess because I had already overcontributed?

She then closed the door, pulled the shades, and "the show" began. One girl did a complete strip in the time one song took. I don't know how often they do this little show, but it was quite pleasant. The entire time elapsed from my entry, having a coffee, seeing the show, and leaving was 10 minutes. All for 5 pesos. Can't really complain about this.

Full Throttle
12-31-05, 20:08
The shows vary from once every 25-35 minutes when it is VERY busy to once per 45-60 minutes when things are slower.

I know a couple of mongers who have teenagy budding relationships with a couple of the girls. One girl likes one guy who, in turn, likes one of the other girls. The other guy likes one of the girls. He even asked her to dinner at the mansion. She said sure, as long as there were no hookers. Dinner date obviously never happened.

Their new sign, probably 5X bigger than the old one, may have helped business. Frankly, the place is just "okay," but would improve on an individual basis is you became a regular.

FT

Stowe
12-31-05, 21:10
This is a great place to go, the chicas are friendly and the prices are right.

I find it to be a great place to start the evening, to sort of get 'warmed up' for a chica hunt later in the evening. Enjoy the chicas and the strip show, especially catwoman, then now that one is horny, go find the chicas to fuck!

Works for me.

Suerte,

Stowe.

P. S. The larger one even has a few pool tables for enjoyment. Of course, if you are playing pool when the 'show' starts you can forget about your game because the chicas do much of their show laying on the tables and knocking the balls around. Oh well!

Sportsman
01-01-06, 00:54
I did not catch Catwoman's bottle disappearing act when I was there with Stowe and Dickhead last September. May be I'll have better luck next time. ;)

Strad
02-11-06, 12:01
I visited Pelvi's both addresses, Callao 345 and Corriente's location, but they don't seem to be in business.

Strad

Dickhead
02-11-06, 13:02
Both of the old branches are closed, and a new and improved version is either already open or will be shortly. Location: Sarmiento between are. Pena and Callao on the odd numbered or north side of the street. I was by there about two weeks ago and it looked like it was on the verge of being ready. As per Alejandra from the downtown branch, it is bigger than both of the other ones put together.

Dickhead
03-09-06, 22:39
It's open. Stopped in last night around 8 and saw Nippo and Paula and one other gal I knew from the Corrientes branch whose name I disrecall or have unremembered. Nippo says business is slow and she is bored. She has dropped a few pounds and was looking good. Besides the above three there were maybe four others and all were pretty good looking. Nippo did a nice show. They have an elevated stage. I don't think it is really all that much bigger than the former Callao branch. Beers are up to six pesos.

Neither recommend nor disrecommend but I would marry Paula for a couple of months or so.

Fitzgeraldo
03-11-06, 09:52
Nippo- is she on the program, and if so, how is she best approached? Dickhead, any chance you'll post your paella recipe?

Fitzgeraldo

Dickhead
03-11-06, 15:00
Not on the program and I don't use recipes.

Stowe
03-11-06, 21:04
So is the catwoman there? Don't recall her name? If so, does she still do the disappearing bottle routine?

Is the same manager at the new place?

How about the guys in the tight shorts? That was the only reason I went to the one on Callao-gawd they were hot!

Suerte,

Stowe

Fitzgeraldo
03-11-06, 21:25
Dickhead,

Any chance you'd post your preffered method, instead, please. Mine is disapointing, as tumeric is a poor subsititute for saffron.

Dickhead
03-11-06, 22:11
Nippo is the Catwoman. I did not see any guys in Pelvi's. It would take pages and pages to describe how I make paella. But, I will tell you that the key is in the ingredients and in the technique, not in the methodology. Paella has a lot of regional variations, but I just use whatever looks good on the day I go shopping. And, if you use turmeric instead of saffron, you won't achieve good results. Saffron's very expensive (much less so here) but you don't need to use a lot. Use fresh chervil, not dried which is flavorless.

Ale was the manager at the Corrientes branch. Yes, she is working in the new place but I don't know if she's the manager. There was no evident manager. Nippo said Ale was on vacation right now.

Joy of Cooking has a decent paella recipe and also has a good guide to the various ingredients.

El Perro
03-12-06, 03:21
Dropped in to Pelvi's tonight for the first time. A nice diversion, but my guess better during the week when it's open earlier. Highlight was a precious little waitress name of Lole. She speaks a little english. An ass to die for and generally flawless. Unfortunately is hooked up with some young slacker gringo down here studying spanish. She told me I speak better spanish than he does and he's been down here studying for two months. (My spanish is very poor) One guess what he's doing with his time. Que fucking lastima. Also she doesn't dance-"no me gusta" is the word. Oh, how I would like to lick her asshole.

Pining dog

Dickhead
03-12-06, 11:16
Nippo speaks pretty good English also and likes to practice, although I won't speak English back to her.

El Perro
03-17-06, 18:30
Rambled around again on foot last night and the road led here. Just missed Nippo, who apparently got off at 10. Loli or Lole was there with her absolutely exquisite ass and deep pool, brown peepers. This is a decent place to shoot a game or two of pool, have a drink and relax. The staff is friendly, the beers 6 pesos, and no pressure to do anything but what you want. They have pizzas, empanadas, and such, but I have not yet grubbed there. I ain't on the payroll, but I might apply for a position as "gringo consultant" if it'll get me closer to Loli's fondillo.

Fitzgeraldo
03-17-06, 23:39
Nippo- She did'nt like being spoken back to in castellano, having spoken in ingles to me, and mine is still not good enough [though not very bad] to engage her for long, but occasionally her conversation was more interesting and intelligent than the other girls. She rents some class of hotel room during the week, and has / had a boyfriend in her pueblo, which is one / two hours train ride from BA. She is also studying, intermitently. Can sometimes be a bit stand-offish.

The Corrientes branch was very handy, in the afternoon, if you wanted to read Clarin and have a beer. I found her helpful with articles difficult too follow. Might be worth the effort.

Dickhead- thanks for the paella steer.

Dickhead
03-31-06, 17:42
The new Pelvis is no longer open during the day due to a lack of business and now opens at 5 PM Mon - Fri and I think midnight or 11 PM on Saturday. Closed Sunday

El Perro
03-31-06, 18:04
The new Pelvis is no longer open during the day due to a lack of business and now opens at 5 PM Mon - Fri and I think midnight or 11 PM on Saturday. Closed SundayI was in there last night shooting some pool. Alot of nice eye candy. I believe they "open" 10 pm on saturdays, unless they have moved the time back recently, but at times don't have the door open til a bit after that. Whenever I have been there I enjoy myself, but there does not appear to be hordes of patrons. That's a shame. As I have said before, a nice diversion. BTW, what's the purpose of the "beefcake" in Pelvis? Was it once a place that catered to chicks as well? The speedo boys look out of place.

Dog

Dickhead
03-31-06, 18:55
Yes, the old Pelvis on Callao had gay / bi / lesbo /3 way blah blah shows and ladies' night and what not, whereas the old Pelvis on Corrientes was strictly for straight guys. So, it appears the new Sarmiento Pelvis is going the route of the old Callao branch and not the old Corrientes branch. Different strokes for different folks I guess. IIRC Saturday was the night for all the gay / bi etc. Stuff so maybe stick to the weeknights.

Unless you like that sort of thing.

Bold Focker
07-17-07, 19:59
Does anyone know if this place is still open and the times.

Hound
07-17-07, 20:17
The location on Corrientes is closed. A few months ago the location at 1743 Sarmiento was open and although the website informs of a 6pm opening it's really closer to 10pm that the doors open. It's between Pena and Montevideo -or- Pena and Callao, if memory serves.

El Perro
07-17-07, 20:52
The place sucks! Go across the street to Maluca, salsa dancing, you will have more fun.A rash judgement by cantankorous El Sid! Pelvis is Ok for a few games of pool, knocking back a few beers, and eyeballing the scantily clad waitresses. It's not much of a titty bar by USA standards, but about as close as you will come in these parts. Behave yourself El Sid.

Levantaa
01-19-08, 13:43
Stopped in here the other day, at their location on Sarmiento. Drink prices are up a bit but still not unreasonable. There's not really any reason to go here, though. I stayed for about half an hour and they had two girls do uninspired shows lasting about 2 minutes each; the rest of the time they were playing a video of skateboarding highlights that was quite a bit more interesting. It's kind of funny, since the girls are walking around in their thongs to start with, they have to put on clothes in order to take them off during the show.

The bartender told me on the weekends they have sort of a transvestite extravaganza, kind of a cross between a circus and a drag show. Hmm, somehow I think I'm not going to make it.

Dickhead
09-27-08, 01:53
Finally went to the Saturday night show a few weeks ago and it was pretty hilarious. A travesti MC and stage shows with women blowing men, then some lesbo stuff. No hard core gay men stuff, at least while we were there. A little something for everyone. Probably once would be enough.

Went there yesterday and the very, very cute blond Abril was obviously 3-4 months pregnant. This place is not a destination but if you're in the hood, it's okay for a beer (10 pesos) or two. Watch a few shows and then go to a privado.

Strad
07-30-09, 13:34
What is the status on Pelvi's Cafe?

Any recent report, new location, etc?

Thanks!

Strad

El Perro
10-06-10, 00:27
This place has been turned into a rip off joint.30P entrance fee good for one drink. Working girls (or so they say) loitering around asking 50p for a drink, 200p to watch them dance in a private "box" for 20 minutes, and you can negotiate some kind of sexplay during the dance-to occur in said box. Please.

Too bad the death of Pelvis. It was never a wonderful place, but if you were in the area and wanted to shoot a game of pool while a scantily clad young waitress brought you a cold one..........