PDA

View Full Version : Filling Up AT Gas Station

Mat
12-13-05, 22:37
Keeping up with the Argentine code of business ethics, cheat & scam, I pulled into an Esso station asked to fill up with the cheapest availble called COMUN, compared to Super which is 20 cents / litre higher, chica understood me fine but she filled it upwith Super, I did not say anything paid & left.

Today I pulled into an YPF station, I said fill it up with COMUN, they told me to pull into next isle, which I did they filled up, the bill came to 10 peso higher what I was expecting, so I asked what did you fill up with? Super of course, I said I asked you to be filled with Comun, you made me go to a different isle than you filled up with super Why? Oh yours is a new car super is better for you.

I refused to pay for super, paid for Comun & left after some argument.

Andres
12-13-05, 23:42
Mat:

Some time these are scams, but some others these are just lack of attention.

As of "comun", it is a grade suitable only for some kind of cars. Most automobiles use "súper", which is 87-95 octane grade.

What is a common measlead (or scam, if you want) is when these employees ask you for "comun or super", you say super and they choose the most expensive one (97 or 98 octane, branded Formula Shell, Fangio or such, which is unnecessary) This one happens very often.

Hope this helps,

Andres.

Keeping up with the Argentine code of business ethics, cheat & scam, I pulled into an Esso station asked to fill up with the cheapest availble called COMUN, compared to Super which is 20 cents / litre higher, chica understood me fine but she filled it upwith Super, I did not say anything paid & left.

Today I pulled into an YPF station, I said fill it up with COMUN, they told me to pull into next isle, which I did they filled up, the bill came to 10 peso higher what I was expecting, so I asked what did you fill up with? Super of course, I said I asked you to be filled with Comun, you made me go to a different isle than you filled up with super Why? Oh yours is a new car super is better for you.

I refused to pay for super, paid for Comun & left after some argument.

Tinman
03-24-06, 04:27
Thanks for the info Andres. I am thinking of shipping my car with me if I am able to move to Argentina and was worried about the octane ratings. The last few times I've been to the country I've seen the different grades but not associated octane ratings. I have a performance engine with higher compression heads, so need high octane.

Mat, nice job with not paying for the super... I hate it when someone in service industry jobs don't listen and expect you to pay for their mistake.