PDA

View Full Version : Azema

Hunt99
12-18-05, 13:16
Capt Dave found and recommended this place to me. It's a fairly new fusion-style place in Palermo. It is outstanding, really, really good. Excellent. Terrific. (Have I left any other descriptive words out?) In fact, it is already on my list of Top 5 favorite restaurants.

Dinner for four, with appetizers, entrees, desserts, and two bottles of good wine came to about 300 pesos. Not the cheapest place in town, but you will be hard pressed to find better.

You need to get reservations, however. The place was absolutely hopping on Friday night, with customers without reserverations being turned away.

More info here:

http://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/detail.php?ID=2138

Hunt99
10-20-06, 01:14
Dined here tonight for my third or fourth time. Excellent. Especially recommendable is the duck breast, which Capt Dave told me about. Dave knows his food, and I was pleased to follow his advice.

Three appetizers, two mains, two desserts, coffee, and bottled water totalled 139 pesos.

Capt Dave
10-20-06, 01:43
Dined here tonight for the third or fourth time. Excellent. Especially recommendable is the duck breast, which Capt Dave told me about. Dave knows his food, and I was pleased to follow his advice.

Three appetizers, two mains, two desserts, coffee, and bottled water totalled 139 pesos.4 of us ate here night before last, and dinner was once again delicious, perfectly prepared and accompanied by 1st class service. We had the aforementioned duck breast, a rack of slightly oriental flavored spare ribs, raviolis stuffed with fresh crab meat (centolla crab - the only fresh crab I know of available in Argentina) all of which were first class!

Dinner for 4, including several appetizers (all VERY good) desserts, and a 50 peso bottle of Ruffino (delicious! Came to about 240 pesos.

Reservations are HIGHLY recommended after 9:00 - best to go on a weekday methinks!

:)

David.

This is, IMHO, one of the very best restaurants in BsAs

Knuckhead
10-20-06, 03:54
...and the deserts are to DIE for!

Hats off to Captain Dave for the great find.

Fly Guy II
10-20-06, 10:00
Hi Guys,

Tried the link but it does not seem to work. Could someone please post the address and telephone no.

Thanks.

F G II

Stormy
10-20-06, 10:13
A small correction to Capt. Dave's accurate review of the evening at Azema.

The wine was a Rutini, gewurztraminer.

Hunt99
10-20-06, 10:54
Hi Guys,

Tried the link but it does not seem to work. Could someone please post the address and telephone no.

Thanks.

F G IIAngel Carranza between El Salvador and Costa Rica, in Palermo.

Stormy
10-20-06, 13:51
Angel Carranza 1875

4774-4191

Hunt99
10-20-06, 19:55
. And the deserts are to DIE for!

Hats off to Captain Dave for the great find.The home made fruit sorbet (three different types in one serving) is really excellent. If I had to choose one dessert it would be this one on my next visit.

PS the Guia Oleo link is working again, the comments on which may be useful if you read some Spanish. If you don't read, on that site there are still numerical ratings, addresses, and maps of just about every good restaurant in town.

Hobby Fan
05-24-07, 10:52
I went back to Azema for Stormy's goodbye party with board veterans Dickhead and Captain Dave last night. Appetizers: ceviche (really smooth, and subtly flavored) salmon carpaccio with sesame seeds, Vietnamese springrolls (nam ren? All three were great. My main course (chicken with mushrooms) was really good but it was very rich. I think the duck breast and the fish in light curry soup are still the signature main courses. Captain Dave swears by shrimp in green curry, I have not tried it.

I was too full for dessert, but had it anyway (pear asada - it was good but I don't think anything touches the passionfruit mousse). I should have read Hunt's report and ordered the sorbet.

I think this is my favorite restaurant now. Hard to characterize by food type, but there is a clear asian influence for many of the dishes. Prices are very reasonable, given quality.