PDA

View Full Version : Barber

Moore
12-23-05, 23:52
Can anyone recommend a regular barber shop in Recoleta/BarrioNorte? I went to the one that Ive been using for years (on Uriburu St) to get a haircut today and it has shut down. I see female places all over but have yet to see the twirling barber signthing.

Thanks,

Moore

MCSE
12-24-05, 01:48
Cool Cuts.

It's on Marcelo T. De Alvear and Riobamba.

I guess they will help you out.

Rock Harders
12-24-05, 04:30
I went to a place about half a block from where I live, its called Avant-Gaarde and is located on Parana between Marcelo T and Paraguay. It is not a "barber shop" as such, but I do not think anybody would be uncomfortable getting a haircut there. I got a haircut with a hot girl, probably late 20's or early 20's named Liliana, recommended. Price was $25 AR, included full shampoo and scalp massage.

Andres
12-24-05, 15:41
Can anyone recommend a regular barber shop in Recoleta / BarrioNorte? I went to the one that Ive been using for years (on Uriburu St) to get a haircut today and it has shut down. I see female places all over but have yet to see the twirling barber signthing.

Thanks.

MooreMine is located at Azcuenaga St between Santa Fe and MT Alvear. It is called El Parque, and both barbers are very good and affordable (ARS 14)

Hope this helps,

Andres

Quester3
12-24-05, 20:04
Is it pretty stratified there in Argentina regards to male / female hair salons? E. G. In the US you do find a few percentange of the upper end places doing only women's styling / cuts and no men, but mostly they all do both male and female cuts.

If a guy is looking for a simple haircut would I have to go find an actual barber type place or would pretty much any styling / hair cutting place do?

Moore
12-24-05, 20:58
Thanks for your replies Andres, MCSE and DirkD. Apparently, most places are now closed for the holiday until Tuesday so I'll have to wait until then. This area remains an invaluable source of information for residents of BsAs!

Merry Christmas Eve to All,

Moore

Thomaso276
12-24-05, 22:35
Barber Shop on Juncal in the 1700 / 1600 block, left side as you walk toward 9 de Julio

AllIWantIsLove
02-11-06, 12:27
Tried two places which I found by searches here.

1) on Azcuenga between Santa Fe and M T Alevar. I never found this place.

2) La Peluqueria at Paraguay 1486 near Parana. Clearly marked as being for Men ("Hombres" painted in large lettering on the outside of the place) This is where I ended up. Decent haircut, the guy seemed to know what he was doing. One minor complaint, when I got back to my room I noticed that he did not do a very good job trimming one sideburn. I had to touch it up with a saftey razor. $18 pesos.

I have also noticed a plain old barber shop in the small underground shopping area near the Oblelicso which connects with the subway station there. It didn't look upscale, but then I don't exactly have upscale hair.

Bob

Exon123
02-11-06, 13:50
I like the one in Vicente Lopez about two blocks from the Mansion.

13 peso's.

I been known to take the train from town all the way out to see him.

Exon

Dickhead
02-11-06, 15:41
Star Star on Rodriguez Pena between Santa Fe and Arenales does a good job and has some cute chicas (and some ugly ones, and some guys but not too faggy) 10 pesos Monday through Wednesday. Half a block from 1707 Santa Fe.

Dickhead
02-11-06, 15:46
I have a friend who has completed six of the eight barber courses and is in the seventh right now. For 20 pesos she will give you a haircut, topless. Cab fare would be appreciated but she will just pocket it and take the bus anyway. Then afterwards if you want to you can fuck her. Anyone in town who is interested, let me know and I can set something up. She is not a polished professional barber yet but her haircuts are decent.

Mpexy
02-11-06, 22:38
It's a pricier cut (relatively speaking to Argentina) but I use the cut / styling place on Quintana, near Quintana and Ayacucho in Recoleta.

32p for a mens cut plus shampoo rinse, might be lower without the rinse.

Dickhead
04-13-06, 23:50
The official Mansion Topless Barber, who has now completed course #7, was here today. My guest and I both got haircuts and sex. Also she shaved my neck with a straight razor. The Captain disappeared with her for quite a long time and returned with the same amount of hair he had before, so I don't know what the fuck was up with that.

So if anyone wants to help her pay that pesky tuition for the final course, which I think is tinting and dyeing, let me know. My guest was quoted 150 pesos for suck, fuck, and haircut. This pricing can be unbundled, of course. She works at Salome'.

Stowe
04-14-06, 15:33
I can now agree that the mansion barber does an excellent haircut. She even made suggestions that ended up being better than my thoughts.

On top of that she is a delightful person and provides very good 'service'. She is very short with a nice body and an very good kisser. A bit timid but a very nice personality. I like her.

Suerte,

Stowe

TangoManiac
04-14-06, 15:59
So if anyone wants to help her pay that pesky tuition for the final course, which I think is tinting and dyeing, let me know. My guest was quoted 150 pesos for suck, fuck, and haircut. This pricing can be unbundled, of course. She works at Salome'.Where the hell was she when I was in BA!

Daddy Rulz
04-14-06, 18:18
The official Mansion Topless Barber, who has now completed course #7, was here today. My guest and I both got haircuts and sex. Also she shaved my neck with a straight razor. The Captain disappeared with her for quite a long time and returned with the same amount of hair he had before, so I don't know what the fuck was up with that.Visible hair maybe? Did the Capt get a playboy maybe?

EDITOR'S NOTE: This post has no relevance to the topic of this thread and thus it will be deleted in 72 hours.

Judd
04-22-06, 03:37
Abril, that hot sexy chica whose haircolor changes on a monthly basis from Platynum.com, cuts hair for a living. I'm sure mongers can finagle an all inclusive naked shave and cut. Then follow it up with mowing her lawn for a fair price. Come to think of it, that wouldn't be a bad idea somewhere in the states. Open up a barber shop with naked chicas giving the haircuts and shave charging a C note to do it. I mean, that's the whole reason why most of us continually get shitty haircuts from the hot stylist. However, instead of maybe getting a cleavage shot or boob brush up we get nipple and ass shots for media hora.

Judd

Seismo
05-03-06, 01:00
Several locations, I went to the one at Santa Fe and Talcahuano.

Big, 2 story salon, haircuts on 1st floor, coloring and perms upstairs.

Reasonable rates, good quality work. One block from Alamo Bar.

Hunt99
05-03-06, 11:21
Any suggestions as to where I can go to get a real, professional shave in Buenos Aires? The expert kind that is so rare, it is almost a lost art? The best shave and a haircut I ever had was at a place in Chicago, cost me a fucking fortune but HOT DAMN I looked GOOD for 24 hours.

(For those readers in Chicago, the guy you want to ask for is a Russian immigrant, name is Igor or Ivan or something like that.)

http://www.truefittandhill.com/

ComeOnDown
05-08-06, 13:11
I get my haircut at the Salon Masculino - Arenales 1263. Decent haircut with authentic barber chairs. Just a warning don't start a conversation with the barber because if you do he will talk non-stop until he finishes with the haircut. And yes, they do have the twirling barber sign outside.