PDA

View Full Version : Familiar USA Supermarket Brands

AllIWantIsLove
12-27-05, 01:48
Is there a supermarket in BsAs which carries a lot of the same brands I am used to here in the States? I've only seen small, very small by our standards, supermarkets in BsAs. And the only familiar brand I recall seeing was some Kellogg cereal.

Thanks,

Bob

Rock Harders
12-27-05, 02:25
Your best best for finding familiar US brands and products would be to frequent the larger supermercados such as Coto, Jumbo, Norte, and to a lesser extent, Disco. Avoid the small cockroach infested chinese owned supermarkets that are all over the place. In my opinion, Disco has the best quality meats.

Moore
12-27-05, 02:34
I agree with those supermercados. But be advised, you're not going to find anything even 1/10th the size / selection of an average US supermarket (that goes for every kind of store).

Daddy Rulz
12-27-05, 02:48
Also any EEUU brands will be VERY expensive. I'm coming down in a week or two, can I bring you anything?

Ampfofu
12-27-05, 10:30
Is there a supermarket in BsAs which carries a lot of the same brands I am used to here in the States? I've only seen small, very small by our standards, supermarkets in BsAs. And the only familiar brand I recall seeing was some Kellogg cereal.

Thanks, BobTry going to Jumbo superstore. They seem to have many familiar brands, but it is more expensive since it is imported. I will be back in Buenos Aires and I have a luggage full of american brand food for my friends. It is funny. But try Jumbo, I went to the one at unicenter and they had many popular brands. Also, try walmart. I know their is walmart in Buenos Aires. I will go to walmart when I arrive and I will check it out. I want to see if it is the same as ours. I hate walmart and I want them to go down, so I will try to pull some of my best walmart scams on them and see if It works.

Andres
12-27-05, 11:49
Try going to Jumbo superstore. They seem to have many familiar brands, but it is more expensive since it is imported. I will be back in Buenos Aires and I have a luggage full of american brand food for my friends. It is funny. But try Jumbo, I went to the one at unicenter and they had many popular brands. Also, try walmart. I know their is walmart in Buenos Aires. I will go to walmart when I arrive and I will check it out. I want to see if it is the same as ours. I hate walmart and I want them to go down, so I will try to pull some of my best walmart scams on them and see if It works.I agree.

Jumbo has a "foreign specialties" section, where you can find, for instance, jalapeños and such.

Walmart has (or used to have, at least the one at Avellaneda) a section devoted to donuts.

Hope this helps,

Andres

Barcpc
12-27-05, 14:29
As they say, the American brands are much to expensive (3 pesos to 1 us$) so you won't find them normally.

At the centro there are some stores that sell only Imported but I don't think is worth paying the price.

If you want some advice, you will find good stuff at the big supermarkets (DISCO, NORTE, JUMBO, CARREFOUR) made in Argentina, if you have any doubts, send me an e-mail.

Saludos,.

Christian

ClintonBill
12-28-05, 19:27
As they say, the American brands are much to expensive (3 pesos to 1 us$) so you won't find them normally.

At the centro there are some stores that sell only Imported but I don't think is worth paying the price.

If you want some advice, you will find good stuff at the big supermarkets (DISCO, NORTE, JUMBO, CARREFOUR) made in Argentina, if you have any doubts, send me an e-mail.

Saludos,

ChristianBy own experience in my visits in buenos aires, I coincide with the suggestion of big supermarkets, as for example, Norte.

Clintonbill.

Guiller
12-29-05, 00:55
Walmart has (or used to have, at least the one at Avellaneda) a section devoted to donuts.Hi Andres,

They still have them. A quite convenient Walmart for people staying in Northern BA area (like Olivos or Vicente Lopez) is located in General Paz Ave and Constituyentes Ave. There are many easy ways to get there (if anybody needs specific directions, I'd be happy to provide them) Walmart is the only large supermarket chain that belongs to an American coporation, unlike Carrefour, Disco or Jumbo (Coto is an national chain) If you look for american goodies, this is the place to start your search.

All the best

Guiller
12-29-05, 11:36
PS: here's a link to Walmart Argentina. There is a host of useful information there, as product listings, addresses, etc.

http://www.wal-mart.com.ar/

This is the link corresponding to the only branch in Buenos Aires city:

http://www.wal-mart.com.ar/constituyentes.asp

It includes directions on how to get there.

Cheers!

El Perro
01-21-06, 20:43
PS: here's a link to Walmart Argentina. There is a host of useful information there, as product listings, addresses, etc.

http://www.wal-mart.com.ar/

This is the link corresponding to the only branch in Buenos Aires city:

http://www.wal-mart.com.ar/constituyentes.asp

It includes directions on how to get there.

Cheers!Does Walmart deliver the goods? To Recoleta? I had my first grocery shopping experience at Disco. I am sure damn amusing to those watching me! Even more amusing to whomever I spoke with on the phone after an hour of waiting for delivery (about the usual wait I found out) I heard Jumbos in Palermo was good, not only for groceries, but alot of other things. Where the hell is my favorite cereal? Ah, the adjustment phase.

Hi Doggboy,

I don't know if Walmart delivers, but if they do, I'd be very surprised to learn that they deliver to such a wide area, given that the Walmart stores in Buenos Aires are nowhere near Recoleta. My point is that the grocery stores that do deliver do have very strict limitations on their delivery areas.

Yes, the typical wait for delivery is 1 to 2 hours. Also remember that most grocery stores stop taking orders for delivery after 7:30 to 8:30 pm (it depends on each store's closing hours).

Jumbos in Palermo is a good place to shop. It's a big store, and the mall also includes a large Easy store, which is an Argentina version of a Home Depot.

Granola is available.

Thanks,

Jackson

Easy Go
01-22-06, 11:23
Does Walmart deliver the goods? To Recoleta? I had my first grocery shopping experience at Disco. I am sure damn amusing to those watching me! Even more amusing to whomever I spoke with on the phone after an hour of waiting for delivery (about the usual wait I found out) I heard Jumbos in Palermo was good, not only for groceries, but alot of other things. Where the hell is my favorite cereal? Ah, the adjustment phase.Unlike the US, cereal isn't an adult food in Buenos Aires so the cereal brands are quite limited. The only brand I like is Quadritos which are similar to Oat Squares.

Jackoff
01-22-06, 11:40
Unlike the US, cereal isn't an adult food in Buenos Aires so the cereal brands are quite limited. The only brand I like is Quadritos which are similar to Oat Squares.Hi there,

There is a local brabd of cereals that I lik: the company that produces them is called "Tres Arroyos". The other local brand that I can recommend is "Granix". Why don't you give them a try?

Cheers!

AllIWantIsLove
01-23-06, 14:13
I ventured to WalMart yesterday. A few notes which you might find helpful.

To find out which train to take I consoluted this web site: http://www.xcolectivo.com.ar/. It turns out that you need the Línea Mitre from Retiro. Take a copy of the map available here:
http://www.wal-mart.com.ar/constituyentes.asp (Thanks! Guiller)

Many of the stations along the way did not seem to be clearly identified. But the Pueyrredon station was. The map does not show the train station, so you need to know how to find J. G. Artigas. It couldn't be easier (once you know the following): J. G. Artigas is the street which the train crosses just as it it pulling into the station. So just walk to the end of the platform (in the direction of the street of course) and turn left there.

An interesting thing which I noticed on the way back is that the Jumbo in Palmero is at the 3 de Febrero station on the way to and from Pueyrredon. So you could easily hit WalMart and the Jumbo at Palmero on the same trip.

Good Luck, Bob

Stowe
01-30-06, 00:04
Making another trip down there soon and want to do some shopping in the larger markets. Can the addresses of the large markets be found in the phone book?

I know that there are many businesses that are not in the Buenos Aires phone book, so if they are not, I would have to get the addresses another way.

Like ask you guys!

Suerte,

Stowe

Member #1164
01-30-06, 09:46
Anyone know where I can get some pancake mix?

AllIWantIsLove
01-30-06, 11:02
Jumbo has a web site, http://www.jumbo.com.ar/jumbomas/default.jsp, and the others probably do too. The Jumbo in Palermo is in a mall with other stores, one of which is named "easy," and someone here, I forget who at the moment, described it, IIRC, as a Home Depot or Lowes.

Bob.

Making another trip down there soon and want to do some shopping in the larger markets. Can the addresses of the large markets be found in the phone book?

I know that there are many businesses that are not in the Buenos Aires phone book, so if they are not, I would have to get the addresses another way.

Like ask you guys!

Suerte,

Stowe

Capt Dave
01-30-06, 11:27
Pancakes are almost impossible to make from scratch. You need to find some rare and exotic ingredients like flour, salt, baking powder, eggs, and milk.

However, although I usually keep such exotic and valuable information to myself, just this once I will part with it.

(Apologies to Dickhead, who does this kind if thing in his sleep.

:)

Put some flour (+/- 2 cups) in a bowl, add an egg (or 2 if small) some salt, some baking powder (polvo para hornear - about 1 short teaspoon is plenty) 2 tablespoons of melted butter, and a little sugar in a bowl. Add enough milk to make it look right (a cup or two) and stir it. DO NOT STIR IT TOO MUCH or you'll be sorry - just enough to mix it all up. If it doesn't have lumps in it you stirred it too much.

Heat a pan good and hot (a drop of water should "dance" not boil) and have at it.

If you want to get fancy, separate the whites from the yolks, beat them, and fold them in just before you cook the pancakes.

Now maple syrup is another story - I have to smuggle it in from the states, having found it nowhere in BsAs.

Good luck.

David.

Anyone know where I can get some pancake mix?

Stowe
01-31-06, 01:47
I appreciate your replying to my post.

I forgot to mention that my apartment is in El Centro, so anyone else who can answer my question, it will be appreciated.

Suerte.

Stowe

Moore
01-31-06, 11:54
Does anyone know if the following exist in BA:

1) Real US breakfast (I mean the works - loaded omlettes, real bacon, biscuits, pancakes, maple syrup, waffles, sausage, hashbrowns, salsa). I would guess maybe a huge hotel catering to US businessmen like Hilton might serve?

2) A real deli (Subway is not a deli)

3) I would ask about TexMex but have given up based on the places I've tried here.

4) A real burger (grilled 0.5pound sirloin, purple onions, good bun, no eggs ontop like Ive seen here, etc). Hunt99 posted a place but Im not sure if he was serious.

Thx,

Moore

Moore
01-31-06, 13:09
My post was not a joke PappyBenito, I knew you'd say something like that based on your compulsive comments to me over the last few months.

Although I congratulate you for not mentioning Amstel Light, Cleveland, or Dennys. Theres a first time for everything. You're finally getting over that fetish apparently.

Serious responses only please.

Hunt99
01-31-06, 13:15
If you really want some of this stuff, why not make it yourself? Pancakes and eggs are as simple as they get. You know (or ought to know) that there's no IHOP in Buenos Aires. The ingredients for a good ground sirloin steakburger are on sale in every supermarket in town.

Moore
01-31-06, 13:23
If you really want some of this stuff, why not make it yourself? Pancakes and eggs are as simple as they get. You know (or ought to know) that there's no IHOP in Buenos Aires. The ingredients for a good ground sirloin steakburger are on sale in every supermarket in town.Mostly because I'm "culinarily" challenged. Very bad case. Although I'm decent with a grill for the burgers. Big problem though - there is no grill at my building.

Rock Harders
01-31-06, 13:56
Moore-

When I first began living in Buenos Aires, I had no idea how to cook anything that would resemble edible food. However, I got tired of eating out for every single meal so I learned a few simple techniques that involved almost no cleaning up, which I despise. Go to a Disco supermarket and buy yourself a teflon coated stovetop ridged grill ($55AR roughly) You just put it on top of the gas range and the thing cooks meat pretty well. I would buy whole lomo and cut it half, trim it, slice it into cookable pieces, and the meat would come out pretty f'in good. The same could be easily done if burgers are your preferred vice, as they sell all varieties of ground meat at all decent supermarkets.

I do not have any experience eating burgers at restaurants in Buenos Aires (I don't like burgers in general) but I bet that the closest thing to an Amercan style burger that you crave is at Kansas, El Alamo, or McDonald's / Burger King- I am sure you are aware of this. There is a sleazy burger joint that is dirt cheap (food and beer) at the corner of Cordoba and Montevideo directly across Montevideo from the Shell Station- I cannot attest to the quality, but it is a lunchcounter kind of place where they cook the food right in front of you and it is all locals in there. Also, there is a place on Rodriguez Pena between Marcelo T and Santa Fe called Patty that is a hamburger place- I think this is a chain.

Suerte,

Dirk

Mpexy
01-31-06, 14:04
No USA style hamburgers at El Alamo that I've eaten so far. McDonalds in Recoleta Village is like any McDonalds world wide, so the quarter pounder there which they call the doble quarto tastes pretty much like any 1/4 pounder back in the states, with just a slight taste in meat difference with more lomo and less ground beef taste to it, but not much.

AllIWantIsLove
01-31-06, 15:57
I appreciate your replying to my post.

I forgot to mention that my apartment is in El Centro, so anyone else who can answer my question, it will be appreciated.

Suerte.

StoweRight. I wouldn't want to walk from Centro to Palermo carrying a lot of stuff either. BUT. The Jumbo in Palermo in very close to the 3 de Febrero station. So it is one stop from the Retiro station. That's a pretty easy trip from Centro. Of course the trains don't run every 5 minutes, so maybe you'd still have a problem with ice cream in the summer time. And there'd still be some walking involved, so it's not ideal if you'd have a lot to stuff to carry.

From what I see and hear, there just are no large grocery stores in Centro. So you may have to use a train, taxi or subway to make your runs to a large grocery store.

Bob

Andres
01-31-06, 21:48

1) Real US breakfast (I mean the works - loaded omlettes, real bacon, biscuits, pancakes, maple syrup, waffles, sausage, hashbrowns, salsa) I would guess maybe a huge hotel catering to US businessmen like Hilton might serve? Sheraton at Retiro serves such kind of breakfast. USD 20, so not cheap at all.

Hope this helps,

Andres

Moore
01-31-06, 22:20
Thanks Andres. Next time someone comes down and stays there I'll call a breakfast meeting. 60 pesos is kind of a ripoff.

AllIWantIsLove
02-05-06, 12:49

<snip>

2) A real deli (Subway is not a deli)

<snip>

Thx,

MooreI was wandering around yesterday on Peuyrredon between Las Heras and Santa Fe. I saw some bakeries which looked like they might also sell sandwiches. I also saw a shop specializing in cheeses on Pueyrredon. Of course sandwiches do not a deli make, nor cheeses.

The closest thing I've seen to a deli was in a Coto supermarket on French just 10 meters or so from Pueyrredon. There were two floors and the deli area was upstairs. One word of caution, on a Saturday afternoon, I think it might have been roughly around 6pm, the place was packed. I woudn't have wanted to be in a check-out line with ice cream. And I am not saying that it was exactly a deli. Like I didn't notice a place where you could order a sandwich made. But I thought it came pretty close.

Coto's seems to be a really large chain. Here's a web site for their BsAs locations. http://www.coto.com.ar/coto.htm

Good Luck, Bob

Mpexy
03-06-06, 14:49
Finally found some horse radish to use with my steaks instead of the normal stuff they give in argentine steak houses.

Corner of Quintana and Callao approximately - Disco supermarket. Small shelf area of sauce type stuff - including a white and red cream horse radish that's pretty decent, dijon type mustards, tobasco, etc.

Hunt99
03-06-06, 16:04
While I've often had horseradish with prime rib, I've never tried it with a steak.

Come to think of it, I've never run across prime rib in an Argentine restaurant, either.

Dickhead
03-06-06, 16:49
If you cook a whole bife de chorizo, that is the Argentinean version of prime rib. A lot parrillas, such as Don Galindez, put the whole bife de chorizo on the fire and then use end cuts for medium well, center cuts for medium rare, and so forth.

50-50 horseradish and Dijon mustard is mighty tasty on a steak, either rubbed on before cooking or slathered on afterwards. Maybe crush a few green peppercorns in there while you're at it.

El Perro
03-07-06, 17:19
As regards the salad dressing issue, which somebody raised a while back, I saw a number of Paul Newman dressings in Disco today. In case it makes a difference, this is the Disco on Quintana.

Moore
03-07-06, 19:31
Al Queso Queso, a deli chain, carries several condiments that I don't see in other places such as imported name brand Worcester/Worcestershire sauce.

Its a good place to buy fiambres (cold cuts), fresh bread, and wine as well.

Rock Harders
03-08-06, 00:53
Mongers-

The Disco supermercado located on Montevideo between Santa Fe and Marcelo T in Barrio Norte has about a third of an aisle dedicated to imported products. Some of the things they definetly have are familiar brands of BBQ sauce, Soy sauce, Tabasco, Barrilla pasta, and other items. I do not think they have peanut butter there, but I have heard that this is available at assorted Jumbo stores.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Daddy Rulz
01-28-07, 17:27
Planters, made in the States at the disco in mi barrio, Gascon entre, Sarmiento why Corrientes. 8 pesos for a tiny little jar but it was there.

BadMan
01-28-07, 20:13
Skippy at the local Jumbo on Bulrich in Palermo. They got 3 different kinds.

Badboy.

PS, they also have Tabasco and A1 steak sauce. The only place I can find Kikkoman Teriyaki sauce is Walmart, but it is too far away to be a practical option. If you happen to know where to get some in town I would be most greatful.

Thanks

Daddy Rulz
01-28-07, 21:13
Skippy at the local Jumbo on Bulrich in Palermo. They got 3 different kinds.

Badboy.

PS, they also have Tabasco and A1 steak sauce. The only place I can find Kikkoman Teriyaki sauce is Walmart, but it is too far away to be a practical option. If you happen to know where to get some in town I would be most greatful.

ThanksI will keep my eyes open.

Stormy
01-29-07, 13:03
I have seen Kikkoman teriyaki sauce at the Norte on Sante Fe between Riobamba and Junin, I think. It was in a little section of imported stuff where I used to look for some salad dressings. It may also have been at the Disco on Talcahuano near Santa Fe, once again in a little section of imported stuff.

Daddy Rulz
01-29-07, 13:18
I have seen Kikkoman teriyaki sauce at the Norte on Sante Fe between Riobamba and Junin, I think. It was in a little section of imported stuff where I used to look for some salad dressings. It may also have been at the Disco on Talcahuano near Santa Fe, once again in a little section of imported stuff.With your million year old eyes it was probably motor oil! You probably wandered into a gomaria thinking it was a disco.

ComeOnDown
01-30-07, 14:09
On some occassions, I have seen Kikkoman teriyaki sauce at this big supermercado named Casa China located in Chinatown. Its in Arribeños st. Between Mendoza and Olazabal. Although they don't always have it on stock, you can ask from the owner and she will be more than happy to order one for you.

ComeOnDown
02-21-08, 01:03
I have been craving for peanut butter but so far have not had any luck in finding one. Jumbo used to have it on stock but for some reason they no longer sell it.

Anybody found one lately?

BadMan
02-21-08, 01:40
Jumbo still carries it. I just bought some at the beginning of the month (Planters creamy peanut butter to be exact) But when they run out, you have to wait until they restock. That can take weeks or months.

Just recently they had Newmans Pasta Sauce (mmmm) and Ceasar dressing. Now they don't have it, but they will in a couple weeks. They are out of A1 steak sauce as well. But I have an alternate source.

BTW. Always stock up. Whenever I see it I buy 2 months worth.

But this might help. Carrafour (the one on Santa Fe or the one in Paseo Alcorta) has A1 steak sauce, Hunts ketchup (very similar in taste to Heinz) they also had peanut butter last time I was in there (a week ago)

If anyone can find me actual American Mustard (French's to be exact) I will personally pay for your next session with any chica of your choice (no, not a u$ 300 girl from Black)

Now that stuff I haven't seen for months. Months.

Regards,

BM

Master J
02-21-08, 02:03
I too was in Jumbo in January and found no trace of anything resembling a premium or acceptable mustard. On the subject of name brands, I spent about $50 or more on Evian which was prices about the same as in the US, What I found particulary odd or Argie was that the price for 1 bottle 1.22 liters I believe was the same price if you bought the case of 12. This might explain why chicas when you ask for the hourly rate and then say how about 3 or 4, they respond with the math of 1 hour times the request. Why not make a package deal.

I will pm BM next time I come through and will bring the dijon, although your offer makes it interesting, it would be my pleasure.

Smuler
02-21-08, 02:15
Badman,

One of my best friend's works for Reckitt Benckiser. They make French's mustard.

I can get you the stuff by the gallon.

Pm me.

Best Regards.

Smuler

ComeOnDown
02-21-08, 09:32
Jumbo still carries it. I just bought some at the beginning of the month (Planters creamy peanut butter to be exact) But when they run out, you have to wait until they restock. That can take weeks or months.

Just recently they had Newmans Pasta Sauce (mmmm) and Ceasar dressing. Now they don't have it, but they will in a couple weeks. They are out of A1 steak sauce as well. But I have an alternate source.

BTW. Always stock up. Whenever I see it I buy 2 months worth.

But this might help. Carrafour (the one on Santa Fe or the one in Paseo Alcorta) has A1 steak sauce, Hunts ketchup (very similar in taste to Heinz) they also had peanut butter last time I was in there (a week ago)

If anyone can find me actual American Mustard (French's to be exact) I will personally pay for your next session with any chica of your choice (no, not a u$ 300 girl from Black)

Now that stuff I haven't seen for months. Months.

Regards,

BMI guess you're right, we do have to stock up when we see those US foodstuff in the grocery shelves. It seems that I missed the peanut butter by a couple of days since Jumbo does not have it when I went yesterday.

I'm headed out to Walmart Constituyentes branch this weekend. I will check out their international section and post if I find anything interesting.

El Queso
02-24-08, 19:11
Didn't find any French's mustard, but in Carrefour on Santa Fe I bought some Gray Poupon Dijon, Guilden's Spicy Brown Mustard, and Maille Dijonnaise a couple of days ago.

In addition, they had a lot of Skippy Creamy Peanut butter on the shelves.

Both American and Cheddar "Easy Cheese" (like Cheese Wiz, made by Kraft)

Bull's-Eye Hickory Smoke barbeque sauce.

Hunt's (as mentioned) both regular and salt-free.

Hunt's Original Barbeque Sauce.

5 or 6 different flavors of Newman's Own salad dressings.

Kraft Ranch salad dressing (believe it or not)

A ton of A-1 regular, and Thck and Creamy steak sauce.

Frijoles! For those of you who like beans. In a can...I bought 6...

I really like the Carrefour on Santa Fe (between Ayacucho and Riobamba). Not only do they have a lot of US brand name stuff like the above, but they also bag your groceries for you! Heh.

AllIWantIsLove
02-24-08, 19:43
Has anyone found a place to buy SMALL amounts of pepper? Either pepper corns or I guess I'd even settle for already ground. I've seen only a few containers of pepper corns and they've haven't been huge but they've been large enough to last me for half a year, especially since I eat out about half the time.

Thanks,

Bob

BadMan
02-24-08, 20:06
Has anyone found a place to buy SMALL amounts of pepper? Either pepper corns or I guess I'd even settle for already ground. I've seen only a few containers of pepper corns and they've haven't been huge but they've been large enough to last me for half a year, especially since I eat out about half the time.

Thanks, Bob I've purchased them at Jumbo and Carrefour.

BadMan
03-03-08, 13:13
Went to Jumbo this morning. I guess the Jumbo execs finally recieved all my hate mail.

They finally have French's Mustard. Original yellow. I picked up around 8 of em (just in case) So if anyone has been looking for some, they have it now.

I also picked up some Lipton ice tea, Healthy Choice New England clam chowder and A1 steak sauce (all currently in stock)

Regards,

BM.

ComeOnDown
03-09-08, 02:18
I am eating a peanut butter sandwich as I am typing this post. How I wish they have the diet variety as the calories will add up if I continue to eat five of this sandwiches everyday.

Smuler
03-09-08, 12:11
Hey Badman. I guess our deal is off?

Best Regards.

Smuler

El Perro
03-09-08, 12:43
For you fellows looking for many of the brands noted in this thread and living near downtown-don't overlook the Carrefour Express located at Pellegrini 1050. I think that's about a block away from Avenida de Mayo. On a corner and I can't remember the cross street. It's a much smaller space than the big Carrefours, but that don't keep them from stocking your favorite mustards etc. But no Heinze ketchup.

Duddehaha
03-16-08, 01:55
I just found a better source for Peanut Butter. There is a deli called La Jamoneria in Belgrano at Vuelta de Obligado 2301. There were two kinds, both creamy. One kind is all-natural where you have to stir in the oil and the other was with emulsifier additives similar to Skippy or Planters. This is the only place I have found all natural peanut butter, which I prefer. The best part is that it is locally made in Cordoba so it is only $8.65 for a 16 oz jar. I recently paid $15 for an 8 oz jar of imported Planter's at Carrefour. The store has a website at www.jamoneria.com.ar and they have one other location in Palermo listed there. I haven't been to the other location so I can't say if they have the same products.

Gandolf50
06-02-08, 15:41
Does anyone know where one can buy Italian sausage like they sell in the states? Hot, mild, sweet? I found some once in a Disco, I bought all they had but they never restocked!