PDA

View Full Version : Fly Fishing

Blockhead
01-04-06, 16:13
Coming down to AR in April and wanted to go fly fishing for a couple of days on a float or wade trip. I am looking for a outfitter that has all the gear and will guide as well. Suggestions?

Andres
01-04-06, 21:54
Coming down to AR in April and wanted to go fly fishing for a couple of days on a float or wade trip. I am looking for a outfitter that has all the gear and will guide as well. Suggestions?As you may already know, Rio Angostura (on the outskirts of Villa la Angostura, Neuquen) is one of the best places for such practice. The town and the neighboring hotel should have all what you need.

In BA, I remember hving seen some fishing stores on Parana St between Tucuman and Cordoba.

There is a traditional magazine devoted to that activity, called "Aire why Sol", which may have additional addresses.

Hope this helps,

Andres

Thomaso276
01-05-06, 10:49
Fishing and camping equipment all along Parana, from Cordoba to Corrientes One is located at #215 Parana, here is website:

http://www.fullaventura.com.ar

Exon123
01-05-06, 16:36
There is an excellent outfiter on the corner of Paraguay & Libertdad whom specializing in Fly Fishing has guided Tours and the like. Its just across the street from the Dazzler hotel.

My sugestion would be to take a plane ride to Bariloche, about two hours from be. A. In the Andies mountains and fish their. Have a travel agent set if up for you.

Flexiable Horn and I were over their about a year ago and it was the experience of a life time. Would very much like to repete.

You float the River while Flying, awsome.

Exon

Charlez69
12-18-06, 15:58
Just returning from a fly-fishing trip.

At the moment there is a lot of water in the rivers. So some of the lakes are better. I had my best day in Lago Falkner near San Martin.

Rio Correntoso is the smallest river in the world. I appeared to have caught the smallest trout in the world.

If you stay in Villa Angostura - go to Rio Bonito- there is a lagoon below the road and before the boca, caught some fantastic sized Brown trout there.

Also go to Junin and either stay or go out for a day with Aldo of Aldo and Marita hostel, 25 de Mayo. Two persons $300 dollars.

Really good knows his stuff.

Rio Chimeuin also has good trout!

Any other info just send me a message.

Brunus
12-18-06, 18:57
There is an excellent outfiter on the corner of Paraguay & Libertdad whom specializing in Fly Fishing has guided Tours and the like. Its just across the street from the Dazzler hotel.

My sugestion would be to take a plane ride to Bariloche, about two hours from be. A. In the Andies mountains and fish their. Have a travel agent set if up for you.

Flexiable Horn and I were over their about a year ago and it was the experience of a life time. Would very much like to repete.

You float the River while Flying, awsome.

ExonWhen I come to Buenos Aires, I find out in www.irresistibleflyshop.com.ar

Br

East439
01-27-07, 10:47
Heading out next week. Looking for some GPS mapping software for garmin. Any suggestions?

Morbi
01-28-07, 01:57
Heading out next week. Looking for some GPS mapping software for garmin. Any suggestions?There is some freeware that seems to be reasonably good though the coverage is not complete everywhere in Argentina. The project is called:

MAPEAR (Mapas Electrónicos Argentinos)

http://www.proyectomapear.com.ar/

You will need Garmin Mapsource to load the data.

As far as I know this is the only GPS data to be had for Argentina, Garmin does not plan to produce data for Argentina in the near future.

If you find another data source please let me know.

Woodstock
03-28-07, 01:06
Coming down to AR in April and wanted to go fly fishing for a couple of days on a float or wade trip. I am looking for an outfitter that has all the gear and will guide as well. Suggestions?Blockhead,

I realize most all visitors to this site are "mongers" and could care less about fishing! What follows is what any real fisherman dreams of. If you are not personally interested in this trip, than maybe some other "fisherman" friends you may know of, or & are members of this site maybe interested? You are obviously not "a fair weather fisherman." April is the best fishing month of the year in the Patagonia, but, the weather is unpredictable, cloudy & rain to very cool & cold! But this is the time when the "Big Browns" are moving from the Lakes to the Rivers to Spawn! These are the Big Mother Fuckers! 4+ to 8+ Kilos!

Here is the trip which is available & I do realize that most all of us do not wish to ever camp out again, being now a bit older, and having put up with "Boy Scouts / Eagle Scouts" --- I'm sure we're very far away from this now mentally & physically, I also understand about and that our personal requirements for modest creature comfort has most probably changed, but this will be an experience to be remembered! Forever!

www.southerncross.outfitters.com.

Pull this up on the web & take a look @ Destinations - Middle Limay River. This is the river which Exon & his friend floated a couple of years ago. I've other Outfitters from here & their web pages if you care to make some other reference to any available packages / day rates. Depending upon cost, accommodations, & one's wants / needs. I will be happy to give them to you or anyone for that matter that may be considering fishing in the Patagonia! I prefer that you or anyone for that matter, work directly with these people, I don't make anything off any of this!~! I just enjoy living and fishing down here from time to time & don't want to be hassled with any of the stuff. I retired from the "Service Sector" so to speak & don't care to be involved again. I can recommend the "best of the best" **** it will all just depend upon what you are willing to pay for the best in each category of knowledge / experience / price / service **** along with what your own personal wishes / desires / budget is.

Trip is from 10 thru 16 April. Flying out 17th! You have to fly into smandes!

Cost of this particular trip 2500$(+/-$800) Due to the cancellation of 2

Fisherman in a group of 4, 1/ person can go with a guide & raft on his own for this trip! This particular trip was offered to me at this price. I am flying back to the USA in mid / late April & these dates don't fit into my scheduled departure date. I may set back my departure though, so as to possibly take this float! This price includes everything for 7 days, transportation, lodging, meals, drinks, guide, "all" for $800usd!

Regards,

Woodstock