PDA

View Full Version : Plaza Reconquista

Sigvarth
01-09-06, 05:41
Or maybe it is the Reconquista Plaza. La esquina de Reconquista and Tucuman. The rooms are realy nice, and of a size to be conducive if two or more gents are staying there. Yet the toilet was about seven inches away from the wall, and I am a huge guy so I found this to be less than perfect. The breakfast was first rate, with little croissant sandwhichs that were delicious. The A / C blew cold and the sheets and blankets were nice, no pool, an exercise machine, and a sauna / steamroom for no extra charge. Staff is cool with chicas, but does charge. I didn't know what the fuck they were doing when they made her whip out her id and start filling out forms. This ignorance got then to not charge me for the extra person, but she had to be gone before the morning security guard got there.

Now we get to the problems. The famed Porteno arrogance reared and hissed at me and my friend. I hated that place for the horrible attitude of its staff. Breakfast was served until 1100, yet picked up invariably starting at about 1040. If you are on a normal schedule this is fine, yet the late nights make those extra few minutes of sleeop necessary from time to time. It was also $90us a night. So if you can deal with horrible arrogance and having your checked bags 'lost' then mysteriously reappearing, after your new firefighter friends come and have a chat with the front desk asshat, enjoy!

http://www.reconquistaplaza.com.ar/ppal.htm

Themis
03-24-06, 16:54
Just came across this message. I stayed at Reconquista Plaza some time ago. No Porteno arrogance at all. Staff extremely friendly and didn't charge chicas - at least I didn't know it. I'm surprised at the price - they charged me us$45 a day. If things changed so much it'd be a pity. Guess I've been away from Chica Land too long; must return soon.

BRGDS