PDA

View Full Version : Howard Johnson Davinci Hotel 857 Tucuman

Sigvarth
01-09-06, 06:02
Five stars and two thumbs up! Yes! Finally, a hotel that two guys can stay several days in and not come to blows when somone farts to loudly. Hotel rooms in AR are tiny. Yet the HoJo came to our rescue with a normal sized room for a reasonably rate. The beds were nice, linens clean, and the bathroom was even big enough for its own bidet! Which I attempted to use, never successfully and one time with almost serious consequences. The staff was really cool and didn't laugh too hard at my attempt at spanish conversation. They were really cool about chicas too, once during the day we just breezed past the desk following right behind an old couple going to their room. The second time at night there was the whole id business, but a $20 peso tip to the doorman ensured there was no charge on the final bill. The breakfast was good, with one kind of summer sausage lunchmeat that was superb. There was a pool, exercise machine, sauna / steamroom $10 pesos.

The problems were bad though, our first room had the A / C set to hot. It was a verifiable, my clock has a thermometer on it, 80 degrees in our hotel room! The staff didn't see a problem as our vent was blowing air right? We did get moved to a room where the A / C worked, but it was marginal. Also breakfast was served from 0700-1030. Yet breakfast was picked up anywhere from 1015-20, with haste!

Overall I had a highly positive experience and would reccomend this hotel. Especially at our rate of $67us per night.

http://www.davincihotel.com.ar/