PDA

View Full Version : Flight to Ushuia

Doug524
01-11-06, 17:41
Hey all,

Am looking for a flight to Ushuia 26-30 January and now everyone is telling me that I will have to pay over 600 bucks if I want to go. Does anyone know a local travel agent where I can pay the same fare the locals do?

Gracias,

Doug

Rock Harders
01-11-06, 18:30
From what I can tell, Doug524, you are going to get fucked into paying the $600 USD fare for two reason: 1) January is the month where ALL Argentines are trying to take a vacation, and thus the already incompetent domestic flight system is even more stressed than usual-simple economics-sharp increase in demand, not met by an equivalent increase in supply, means much higher prices. 2) The actual reason why you are paying the $600 USD fare is because only seats in Club Condor (Aerolineas Argentinas version of Business Class) are available, be / c as stated in reason one, all the Argentines booked their seats in turista class long ago.

I travelled to Ushuaia for about a week during the end of October 2005, and my flight on Aerolineas cost $627 AR ($210 USD on my credit card statement, I believe) A note for best domestic prices on Aerolineas: always book your tickets from within Argentina, as you will be quoted prices in Pesos Argentinos, instead of USD. For example, for my flight to Ushuaia in October I looked up the same price on Expedia, and was quoted $627 USD instead of $627 AR. By simply calling up Aerolineas in country phone reservation service and talking to them in castellano, I got the local fare instead of the extranjero price.

Moore
01-11-06, 19:25
Doug,

Dirk is right, book Aerolineas flights directly with them (http://www.aerolineas.com.ar/home.asp) because its usually a lot cheaper than going thru something like expedia.com. I attached a fare/itinerary below from their site for your dates. Its 1246 pesos, or about US$410. As Dirk says, January is high season and the reason this fare is more expensive than the usual US$200 is because only BusClass is available on the way back. Still much better than your US$600 though. Don't worry if you don't speak Spanish, just press 2 when you call and you'll get a friendly, English-speaking Aerolineas agent and the same peso price.

Fecha Vuelo Salida Llegada Escalas \ Tipo de avión Duración Clase de cabina.

Jueves, 26 de enero de 2006 Aerolineas Argentinas.
AR 2898 E OP Jorge Newbery (AEP) Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina 8:40
Ushuaia (USH) Ushuaia, Tierra Del Fuego, Argentina 12:20
Sin escalas.
M83 3:40 Turista Promocional con Restricciones.

Lunes, 30 de enero de 2006 Aerolineas Argentinas.
AR 2811 E OP Ushuaia (USH) Ushuaia, Tierra Del Fuego, Argentina 21:36
Jorge Newbery (AEP) Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina 0:56
+ 1 día (s)
Sin escalas.
M83 3:20 Club Cóndor.

Tarifa Tasa Pesos (Argentina)
1200.00 + 46.45 x 1 = 1246.45
Tarifa 1246.45