PDA

View Full Version : El Alamo

El Alamo
01-14-06, 10:39
Greetings,

I am Peter - owner of EL ALAMO - Recoleta / Barrio Norte, 1175/77 Uruguay, 4813-7324 & 4813-7060 - www.elalamobuenosaires.com

Staring tomorrow (Sunday, January 15) EL ALAMO wil have, in addition to the following NFL playoff games.

2:00 PITTSBURGH at INDIANAPOLIS.

6:00 CAROLINA at CHICAGO.

Some of the chicas from the famous book Exxon has written about. These are the chicas that are usually available only to clients staying in 5 star hotels.

The book is somewhat of a mystery. There might be more than one book or each hotel may have its own book. The chicas in the book I saw looked pretty good (some exceptional) and the owner / manager of the book I saw - Veronica - is gorgeous.

Furthermore, the prices for 2 hours or for all night are somewhat reasonable - nowhere near US$1000 per night. I was told the asking price is usually US$100 for 2 hours and US$200 for all night. There are exceptions, for example - Pamela David is US$1000 for all night.

Sunday, January 15, some of the chicas will arrive about 6-7PM and be in both floors of EL ALAMO.

Starting Monday, January 16, the chicas will be primarilly in the area of the bar upstairs - and will be in EL ALAMO everyday thereafter.

Putting this together is not as easy as it may seem. We will have some "growing pains", but, hopefully, within a few months EL ALAMO will be more "monger friendly" than some of the existing clubs.

Thanks, Peter

Hunt99
01-14-06, 11:56
Peter runs a great watering hole and is a first-class guy. His post makes me wish I was in BsAs this weekend.:)

Exon123
01-14-06, 15:05
Ahh Fuck Peter,

I just bought a copy of "Virtural Sex with Rocky Roads", I wanted "Tera Patrick" but was told they can't keep it in stock. I did so, so I could "Jack Off" Better here in front of my computer at home. (My memmories of Carolina & Fabiana are fading) Then you go and post below " Book Girls" are Cuming to El Alamo.

For years and years I've been trying to break thru the glass ceiling of the upper, upper class of high grade girls, trophy Fucks. Those reserved only for corportate Mogals, Kings & Princes and now you tell me your going to be stocking them at El Alamo.

Do you have any idea that its like to sit here in Sex Prison longing for Buenos Aires while "Jacking Off" reading the board.

"Ahh Fuck Peter", thats not Fair.

Exon

MoonDog
01-14-06, 17:57
Sounds like Orleans and Exedra will have to upgrade.:):)

Moondog

Orlandoirish
01-14-06, 18:00
Peter:

I just had my mongering cherry popped of Christmas holiday in BsAs 2005. Gygy from The Mansion told me bout your place but never paid it or The Mansion a visit.

Guess my next visit in few months I will need to check these gals out. So are you changing your restaurant / bar format or just the "artwork" seen in El Alamo? Either way, I can't wait to pay you and see the "artwork".

Cheers,

Irishman.

Monger514
01-14-06, 18:16
If this is true I need to start planning my next trip back to BA.

Peter, will the hamburger be a little more "American" this time?

Oh, who cares? Just make sure those women are there.

Bowdie
01-14-06, 22:58
Dear Peter.

I know you have Bud and I know the food is good so now your bringing in the top shelf stuff. Good luck in your exspansion, you know these these guys will be clawing your door down if all works out well.

See you the 21st bringing my Fabiana along with me.

Bowdie

TangoManiac
01-15-06, 08:24
I have just one request Peter: Can you teach your cooks how to make a good, taco bell style Quesedilla? I have been dying for one during this 5 week visit!

Orlandoirish
01-15-06, 17:38
So how the hell do they make ques. In AR? Must be with steak vs. ground beef. Dude, next time in states skip Taco Bell, and get a $3.95 ques. From tex-mex restaurant franchise called Chipoltes (sic) like the pepper.

Of course if Peter gets the Johnny Walker Blue Label chicas (top shelf) then feed me peanuts and Guienness for all I care. We can bring our OWN protein to El Alamo (I. E. Sperm mgmt 101);-)

Peter, can you PLEASE POST A RECENT PICTURE IN THE FORUM THREAD OF WHAT THESE WOMEN LOOK LIKE.

Mongers, don't you think that would be great idea to see a "teaser" of what we can expect next BA visit? Lets let Peter know what you think.

Peter, balls in your court buddy.

Irishman

Mpexy
01-15-06, 23:11
Saw the four of them tonight. Everyone's opinion will be different - from just a little to vastly conflicting.

So don't reply to me that my standards are off if you saw then as well - I'm just stating what I thought. I saw three caucasian and one black. Personally, with the jeans and casual clothes that they were in at the time, I thought they were average to nice.

If I weren't dating locally at the moment, and unwilling to play in the restaurant I just prefer to hang out in, I would think 2 of them were worth talking to, and one for sure to at least go out with.

Nosocks
01-16-06, 04:12
Has anyone else ever heard of these books for those that stay at 5 star hotels? Do this hotels have their own girls for their guests?

El Alamo
01-16-06, 14:54
Thank you for your posts. As I mentioned before, putting together a chica bar is not as easy as it may seem. There are reasons why the existing clubs have outrageous prices. Anyone who is familiar with Argentina probably knows that every chica bar has "expenses" that ordinary restaurante / bars do not have.

I have read the note by Mpexy and agree completely. In reality, there were numerous senoritas in EL ALAMO yesterday (Sunday, January 15) The problem is that there were also many young girls in EL ALAMO who were not in the program. It is almost imposible to determine who is a senorita and who may be a student.

Mpexy was able to identify three of the senoritas (2 blondes and a black girl) The fourth girl was a assistant of Veronica and was not in the program.

Of the three girls, one blond was pretty good (actually, I thought she was real good, but her prices were a little hard to figure out) and the other blond OK. The black girl was from Brazil and cute.

We are going to try to remedy this identification problem by isolating the bar upstairs. The bar upstairs will be only for chicas and mongerers. Every girl upstairs, except for the bartenders and waitresses, will be in the program.

To convince the girls to frequent EL ALAMO they must be convinced that they will have clientes when they come to EL ALAMO.

To encourage mongerers to come to EL ALAMO we are going to have a temporary reduction in the prices on the drinks upstairs. Every drink will be half price until further notice. For example, a pink of draft beer will be two and half pesos. A national mixed drink will be two and half pesos. All brand name mixed drinks will be half price.

At first, I cannot guarantee there will be many senoritas upstairs. Many of the senoritas are only identifiable to argentinos and they may stay downstairs until they understand that the extranjero (americano) business is upstairs.

I hope there will not be too many complaints about wasted trips to EL ALAMO. However, we are going to do everything we can to have a monger friendly and a chica friendly bar.

With luck, in a few months EL ALAMO will have enough chicas to be considered a chica bar.

The bar upstairs will be open, at first, after 8PM. Later, we plan to open at noon. The bar downstairs is always open - 24 hours everyday.

All suggestions you may have will be appreciated.

Thank you, Peter

Thomaso276
01-16-06, 16:05
It is not hard to spot the "chicas" anywhere in BA. We are old, paunchy and balding but smell like money. We smile at a good looking girl and she smiles back! Chica signal is thereby received. Motion to join them and they continue to smile. The deal is imminent.

If they throw a drink in your face they are from the States!

Orlandoirish
01-16-06, 21:56
El Alamo - since you won't reply to my PM, can you please post a picture of who you KNOW is a chica ready to take USD from us young, horny, good looking Americans?

LMAO

Hunt99
01-16-06, 22:13
El Alamo - since you won't reply to my PM, can you please post a picture of who you KNOW is a chica ready to take USD from us young, horny, good looking Americans?

LMAOI think you got your answer, OI. No boliche in Buenos Aires posts photos of its girls on the internet. Go in and see for yourself. Frankly, to post photos is a no-win proposition, since everybody's taste varies. No matter whose photo is posted, some lout will start whining about how ugly she is.

MoonDog
01-17-06, 11:33
I think you got your answer, OI. No boliche in Buenos Aires posts photos of its girls on the internet. Go in and see for yourself. Frankly, to post photos is a no-win proposition, since everybody's taste varies. No matter whose photo is posted, some lout will start whining about how ugly she is.And another person will tell her that her photo is on the internet, and then give his user name and password to her so that she can see for herself. Then all her friends want to see, and it is a no win situation. Best way is just to wait until you get down there and see for yourself.

Moondog

Hemin
01-18-06, 16:11
I went to El Alamo last night (about 10:45pm) and the place was dead. There were a few people in the place, but certainly no chicas in sight. The beer is cheap, but either I missed the action, went to early, or it is simply not a chicas place. Does anyone know when are the good nights?

Saludos.

Hemin

Spassmusssein
01-19-06, 01:23
- is it really necessary for this place to start TWO threads in a monger's page? Did the owner pay well for this promo for his senseless place without smart and priceworthy conchas?

Dancesw/Chicas
01-20-06, 04:05
Did I just read a post by the Alamo owner stating that Pamela David is on the menu? Are we serious?

DWC

El Alamo
01-20-06, 10:38
Dancesw / Chicas wrote.

"Did I read a post by the Alamo owner stating that Pamela David is on the menu"

www.agenchicas.com.ar/galeria_Pamela_David-1.html

Pamela David is available through Veronica. Veronica can contact Pamela. Although Pamela David has visited EL Alamo once - she is not a regular here.

I have a friend who worked in the same apartment with Pamela a few years ago. I am not sure what Pamela's prices were when she worked in the apartments but they were probably 100 pesos or less. Pamela is a relatively new phenomenon in Argentina.

There are generally two reactions to Pamela. Guys almost always say Pamela is better looking in person than in her photos. Girls almost always say she is not that hot. I think the girls might be a little jealous.

We are having discussions with Veronica about the her chicas. A week ago Veronica gave us prices for her chicas that were OK. However, when her girls come here they start talking in dollars and their prices immediately become ridiculous.

Other chicas are in EL ALAMO but not all of them are the same level as Veronica's chicas.

Putting together a chica bar is not as easy as it may seem. I think it will be several months before we have a handle on things.

Peter

El Alamo
01-20-06, 10:40
The website for Pamela is.

www.argenchicas.com.ar/galeria_Pamela_David-1.html

Peter

Exon123
01-20-06, 13:56
Peter we must be on the same page.

I just signed on to the forum and saw your post on Pamela David, clicked on the link and found nothing. So then I put her name in a search engine and went back to post and by then you'd put the proper link up. Since its 8:00 am in the morning here in Sex Prison it must be Noon in Buenos Aires. Good job my man.

Pamela David seams VERY doable and I am much looking forward to meeting her in the near future in El Alamo. She would make a great hostess and or "Hood Ornament" for your establishment But something You might consider.

MoonDog has repeted this many times. Pictures are sometimes not good. If anybody can Fuck something up its a "Monger" and You, "We" don't want thease girls, (fashion models of Pamela David's type & quality) shaying away from the "Program" just because we Mongers were dumb enough to post links to their varrious website's with the inference they are "Avilable". Its been posted on this board many times. All it takes is one dumb monger, be it an American or the many Argentine mongers that read the board to tip the Chica off she's on the internet and then the whole LCN, (Latain Chica Network) will be in play.

All that being said I have some "potentual targets" that just might be of interest and draw a crowd up stairs at El Alamo. Thease girls would put you in a league of you own.

http://www.modelosargentinas.tk/

All the above girls are Argentina's best and brightest, Famious International Fashion models with world wide publicity that all live in Buenos Aires. Any of them qualifying for all of the best Men's magazines, "Trophy Fucks" I like to call them. If some how a group of the above young ladies could be persuaded to start hanging out at El Alamo it would make the place Famious and frankly give "Black" a run for its money. You might have Veronica look in to this matter.

Just some thoughts.

Exon

Full Throttle
01-22-06, 07:27
Guys, be sensible. Orleans and Excedra took YEARS to become places of consideration. Some don't find them so now.

Peter is NOT trying to become rich off of us. He's established a very cool place to hang out from time to time, and may escalate the monger-stature of the place through HARD work.

He's a great guy. Let's be enthusuastic as he builds an establishment we will ALL appreciate one day.

FT

Armbia
02-19-06, 10:34
[QUOTE=El Alamo]Greetings,

I am Peter - owner of EL ALAMO - Recoleta / Barrio Norte, 1175/77 Uruguay, 4813-7324 & 4813-7060 - www.elalamobuenosaires.com

Staring tomorrow (Sunday, January 15) EL ALAMO wil have, in addition to the following NFL playoff games.

2:00 PITTSBURGH at INDIANAPOLIS.

6:00 CAROLINA at CHICAGO.

Some of the chicas from the famous book Exxon has written about. These are the chicas that are usually available only to clients staying in 5 star hotels.

The book is somewhat of a mystery. There might be more than one book or each hotel may have its own book. The chicas in the book I saw looked pretty good (some exceptional) and the owner / manager of the book I saw - Veronica - is gorgeous.

Furthermore, the prices for 2 hours or for all night are somewhat reasonable - nowhere near US$1000 per night. I was told the asking price is usually US$100 for 2 hours and US$200 for all night. There are exceptions, for example - Pamela David is US$1000 for all night.

Sunday, January 15, some of the chicas will arrive about 6-7PM and be in both floors of EL ALAMO.

Starting Monday, January 16, the chicas will be primarilly in the area of the bar upstairs - and will be in EL ALAMO everyday thereafter.

Putting this together is not as easy as it may seem. We will have some "growing pains", but, hopefully, within a few months EL ALAMO will be more "monger friendly" than some of the existing clubsklklklklklklklklk

El Alamo
02-23-06, 15:35
Hola Armbia,

Thanks for the e-mail. I like your style and your taste in women. Looking forward to meeting you.

The situation with the girls at El Alamo is a little complicated. The way it appears to me is as follows: By and large Argentinos regard Americans, for the most part, only as a possible source of money. If you are an American and have money the Argentinos are bound and determined to separate you from your money and they are angry if they aren't successful doing this. If you are an American and you don't have money the Argentinos are angry because you don't have money they can extract from you.

The idea that a foreigner may have earned their money the hard way never enters their mind. It appears obvious to the Argentinos that the only way stupid foreigners could have money is that there must be 'money trees'in other countries that produce greenbacks rather than leafs.

How does this relate to having girls in El Alamo? Given the fact that prostitution is illegal, although allowed, in Argentina - a foreigner afiliated with prostitution is a perfect mark for 'shake-downs', possible legal action or expulsion from the country. A lot of Argentinos would like nothing better than to cause grieve for foreigners.

I am not sure it is that wise for foreigners to be heavily involved in the 'chica trade.' It appears to be a little dangerous.

I hope we can discuss this more when you arrive.

Looking forward to meeting you,

Peter

Armbia
02-23-06, 21:00
[QUOTE=El Alamo]Hola Armbia,

Thanks for the e-mail. I like your style and your taste in women. Looking forward to meeting you.

The situation with the girls at El Alamo is a little complicated. The way it appears to me is as follows: By and large Argentinos regard Americans, for the most part, only as a possible source of money. If you are an American and have money the Argentinos are bound and determined to separate you from your money and they are angry if they aren't successful doing this. If you are an American and you don't have money the Argentinos are angry because you don't have money they can extract from you.

The idea that a foreigner may have earned their money the hard way never enters their mind. It appears obvious to the Argentinos that the only way stupid foreigners could have money is that there must be 'money trees'in other countries that produce greenbacks rather than leafs.

How does this relate to having girls in El Alamo? Given the fact that prostitution is illegal, although allowed, in Argentina - a foreigner afiliated with prostitution is a perfect mark for 'shake-downs', possible legal action or expulsion from the country. A lot of Argentinos would like nothing better than to cause grieve for foreigners.

I am not sure it is that wise for foreigners to be heavily involved in the 'chica trade.' It appears to be a little dangerous.

I hope we can discuss this more when you arrive.

Looking forward to meeting you,

El Alamo
03-09-06, 18:23
Fellow Mongerers,

Monday, March 13, 2006, I am starting the first weekly 'book' of high level Argentine chicas ranging from US$ 100 to US$ 200 at El Alamo, 2nd Floor, from 6PM to 7PM. This meeting is what all of us have been waiting for. These young women are mid-20's, speak English and Spanish, and represent the quality many of us desire.

If you agree with my assessment, we will then move the meeting to every Wednesday between 6PM to 7PM. As the demand grows, more beautiful Argentine women will be invited. Only three or four girls will be invited and they will be asked to stay for the entire hour so that you can speak with them and make your arrangements in a pleasant and casual atmosphere.

Peter

Rock10
03-09-06, 20:55
Sounds good for me - Peter. I am arriving BA on March 16 for a month. Let me know your first meeting after that please. I visit BA several times per year.

Fellow Mongerers,

Monday, March 13, 2006, I am starting the first weekly 'book' of high level Argentine chicas ranging from US$ 100 to US$ 200 at El Alamo, 2nd Floor, from 6PM to 7PM. This meeting is what all of us have been waiting for. These young women are mid-20's, speak English and Spanish, and represent the quality many of us desire.

If you agree with my assessment, we will then move the meeting to every Wednesday between 6PM to 7PM. As the demand grows, more beautiful Argentine women will be invited. Only three or four girls will be invited and they will be asked to stay for the entire hour so that you can speak with them and make your arrangements in a pleasant and casual atmosphere.

Peter

Charlie Horse
03-10-06, 00:00
$300-600AR, I hope they look like Angeline Jolie and play like Jenna Jameson. Isn't this gringo inflation to the nth degree?

Hunt99
03-10-06, 09:05
$300-600AR, I hope they look like Angeline Jolie and play like Jenna Jameson. Isn't this gringo inflation to the nth degree?Don't worry, there are some streetwalkers down on Florida who will blow you for $30 pesos.

Different strokes for different folks, Charlie.

Full Throttle
03-10-06, 12:51
Hunt has identified both extremes. The majority fall in the middle, which does make the book girls a very different Argentina offering for most.

I absolutely cannot believe that there is a group of high-end providers that has remained largely invisible to all of the mainstream gringo mongers on this board, but find sufficient high-end business locally. My guess is that they are Santa Fe 1707 girls in dresses.

The curiosity is killing me. Hope I can make it.

FT

Member #4110
03-10-06, 17:48
My guess is that they are Santa Fe 1707 girls in dresses.

FTToday a 1707 Santa Fe lady suggested I go to El Alamo for lunch! And she even gave me directions! It is interesting that she would know about the place.

Hunt99
03-14-06, 22:01
Fellow Mongerers,

PeterSo, any reports?

JengisKhan
03-15-06, 15:52
So, any reports?Yeah, Id be interested in hearing how it went as well. My guess is that there are suprisingly few mongers on this forum who are willing to shell out that kinda money, considering whats available at places like Cielo Private, but I could be wrong.

Hunt99
03-15-06, 17:28
Thanks to the mongers who have PMed me their thoughts.

Joe, an apartment is not the same as commissioning an escort; the two are quite different things.

Word back that I get is that some girls who speak some very good English have been at El Alamo for meetings with visiting mongers. In this sense, it may be a good resource for new visitors to town who don't have much experience, or for guys, especially ones who don't speak Spanish, who really would desire to hook up with an escort who speaks English.

DavidMarlow
04-01-06, 21:19
I came by the club last night (Friday) and today for a beer. Are the Chica's only on Wednesday there? I saw what looked to be a few chicas but were not sure so I played casual.

Peter, if you are still out there, let me know how to work with your club. Any advise would be great.

Thanks

El Alamo
04-06-06, 00:24
Thank you for your reports and suggestions.

Yes, there are chicas (working girls) every night in El Alamo. To know who they are just ask the bartender or any of the fellow mongers who may be in El Alamo. Usually the chicas arrive about 7 or 8PM. I will try to post some photos of the regular chicas on this site. Some of the photos are already on our website.

We have started a new program in El Alamo. It is also in our ad in the Buenos Aires Herald - starting tomorrow - Thursday- every day.

The new program is like this (it may change a little if there are better ideas)

Every day - from 4PM to 8PM and 11PM to 12PM we have unlimited free draft beer for students and alumni of.

Tuesday: BIG 10 and PAC 10

Wednesday: BIG 12 and BIG EAST.

Thursday: SEC and IVY LEAGUE.

Friday: ACC and PAC 10

Saturday: SEC and BIG EAST.

Sunday: Big 12 and BIG 10

Monday: ALL OTHER SCHOOLS.

We have already received suggestions that may alter the above schedule a little. Any suggestions you may have will be appreciated.

The Argentinas want their schools to be included. That may be a good idea but our bartender says that the Argentinas always are robbing Americans in one way or another (different prices for Argentinos vs Americans or simply robbing Americans) Therefore, he is in favor of having EL ALAMO a place where Americans and tourists from every country have an advantage.

Again, this may change. We need to include tourists from Europe, Asia etc - but have not, as yet, decided how to do that.

I will try to post photos of the chicas soon.

Thanks, Peter

El Alamo
04-14-06, 15:09
These are some photos of girls en EL ALAMO. The two girls are sisters and are usually in El Alamo in the afternoon from 2PM to 6PM. The other girl is usually in El ALAMO after 8PM until late at night.

EL ALAMO is always open - 24 hours every day - and there is unlimited free draft beer for everyone - every day - between 4PM-8PM, 11PM to midnight and between 2AM and 4AM.

There are other girls but I don't have their photos. I will post additional photos as they become available.

As far as I know, depending on the chica, the prices are $100 pesos to $200 pesos per hour.

If you need more information - please contact me.

Thanks.

Peter

Bandy
04-14-06, 15:43
Peter,

You forgot to attach the photos.

I have another question for you. I will be in BsAs during the Kentucky Derby (May 6). Will you have the live feed available on this day?

Looking forward to visit your establishment in late April.

Bandy

Exon123
04-14-06, 16:45
Hi Peter and all my Monger buddies,

I was just thinking of you. I know this being "Good Friday" all you guy's are in Church but I just wanted to say and I'm thinking of you lucky bastarts.

Exon

El Alamo
04-14-06, 17:16
Thanks for the e-mail.

We have every television channel from the United States. The Kentucky Derby is no problem. We have it - a direct feed from CBS; NBC, ABC or whoever has the rights to it.

Thanks.

Peter.

P. S. - We put the photos of some of the chicas on our previous post. As with all photos - sometimes the girls look better in the photos than in person and sometimes visa versa.

We will post better pictures of Mel - the girl in the photo by herself. She is probably the most requested girl here.

I don't think the photos we posted do her justice.

Peter

El Perro
04-14-06, 18:13
Thanks for the e-mail.

We have every television channel from the United States. The Kentucky Derby is no problem. We have it - a direct feed from CBS; NBC, ABC or whoever has the rights to it.

Thanks.

Peter.

P. S. - We put the photos of some of the chicas on our previous post. As with all photos - sometimes the girls look better in the photos than in person and sometimes visa versa.

We will post better pictures of Mel - the girl in the photo by herself. She is probably the most requested girl here.

PeterAgreed, she oughta be suing that photographer, or popping her make up artist.

El Alamo
04-14-06, 19:18
For another photo of Noelia please go to the Restaurante / Bar thread under EL ALAMO - message number 153 by jbrlovers.

Thank you jbrlovers,

Peter

Armbia
04-14-06, 21:56
Thanks for the e-mail.

Thanks.

Peter.

PeterHi. Peter. Feliz dia santo.

I want to organize a get to geather at your restaurant. For my birthday. A party of 20. Can you accomadate me?

Armbia

Armbia
04-14-06, 21:59
These are some photos of girls en EL ALAMO. The two girls are sisters and are usually in El Alamo in the afternoon from 2PM to 6PM. The other girl is usually in El ALAMO after 8PM until late at night.

EL ALAMO is always open - 24 hours every day - and there is unlimited free draft beer for everyone - every day - between 4PM-8PM, 11PM to midnight and between 2AM and 4AM.

There are other girls but I don't have their photos. I will post additional photos as they become available.

As far as I know, depending on the chica, the prices are $100 pesos to $200 pesos per hour.

If you need more information - please contact me.

Thanks.

PeterSammy is a 9 15-5501-1823 armbia cucus

Hunt99
04-15-06, 10:59
Hi. Peter. Feliz dia santo.

I want to organize a get to geather at your restaurant. For my birthday. A party of 20. Can you accomadate me?

ArmbiaOf course he can. We did exactly the same thing last Friday night, and everything was great. Highest recommendation!

Ottoparts
04-18-06, 21:28
Will you be televising any of the NBA playoffs starting April 20th? Gracias!

Hunt99
04-18-06, 22:00
Will you be televising any of the NBA playoffs starting April 20th? Gracias!Of course they will. If there's a specific game you want to watch, make a point of talking to Peter in advance and making sure they set up a TV for you.

Full Throttle
06-09-06, 10:58
Peter, where is Diana's pic? Is it on another site?

Anyway, she's adorable. Yielded to my friend who left with her. By jaded monger standards, the session was just okay, although he thought it was great. Quite rushed, but that's 'cause she had to catch the last train out of town, and she told him up front about that. CBJ, but he didn't specify otherwise. Enjoyed DFK, but is a smoker. Beautiful backside, small up front.

BUT, did I mention she was adorable? According to Peter and to her, she turned 18 a couple of months ago. However, she DID NOT have documents with her. So, somebody needs to verify with her through that she's of age.

FT

Judd
06-10-06, 00:41
First, let me preface this post by saying I'm not trying to start a flame war or insinuate an overall negativety towards El Alamo. I like the place. However, I had a negative experience and feel I must share this with the board. Before I talk about the crappy service I received from the female bartender, I want to say there was a bunch of hotties milling around the bar / restaurant area. That's the positive. Here's what happened.

Jackson and I decided to meet at Alamo before heading out to dinner. I got there a little early and sat down at the bar. The restaurant was fairly busy but the bar wasn't. At the bar, there were some Americans eating at one end of the bar, one guy to my left and two guys on my right. I sit down and start watching the basketball game. The bartender doesn't acknowledge me, and continues to do busy work around the bar area. About five minutes goes by, and I'm starting to wonder why she hasn't come by to say hi and take my drink order. She's still doing busy work, and from my recollection hasn't poured a drink for anyone.

Finally, I see her coming towards me so I get excited thinking what an honor it will be to get served by and English speaking female bartender. Oops, my mistake. More busy work counting and rearranging shit just on my side of the bar. She starts to walk away, and I have to finally say something, "Do you think it's possible I can order a beer?" "I'll be right with you" she replies. She goes back to the other side of the bar and does something for a minute or so. Then, comes back over to my side of the bar, and starts to clean something under the sink right next to where I'm sitting.

At this point, I'm thinking to myself "Am I some Dick for asking to be served a drink in a bar after waiting nearly 10 minutes and the bar is dead. When a patron is sitting at the bar with both hands clasped together watching the TV. Is that some kinda nonverbal communication that says don't serve this asshole? What the fuck is wrong with this chick!" This is the shit going thru my head during my vacation when I should be worrying about whether or not chica A, who takes it up the ass, will be available at Madahos tonight.

The final straw was the fact that she didn't ask me what I wanted to drink. Rather, she just poured me a glass of Quilmes, the shittiest tasting beer in Argentina. At this point, I was just happy to be looking at and drinking something with alcohol content. I wasn't about to ask for something that I really wanted to drink like maybe a Stella Artois or something for fear of being ousted. I felt like George who finally gets bread with his soup from the soup Nazi. "Your pushing your luck little man."

A few minutes later with beer in hand, I met this American guy who was really cool. He admitted he dabbled in the life but was not aware of the pricing structure for different boliches. I told him about the site, and the need to educate himself. It was ironic because he mentioned this bartender sucked. He came into the bar several minutes after I did, and was totally unaware of what happened to me. I think he's a regular. He thanked me for the mongering info, and paid for my drink. Jackson showed up, and we had an incredible steak dinner down at a restaurant in the Congreso area.

Let me know if I'm out of line with this. I felt like I wasn't asking for much. I just wanted to be acknowledged and have my order taken in a timely manner. It would have been a totally different situation if the bar was crowded, and people were all around the bar barking drink orders. But this was not the case. This was only the second time I had sub par service in BA. The other time being at the Plaza Mayor restaurant which I will discuss in a subsequent report.

Late,

Judd

Moore
06-10-06, 01:03
Funny that you specifically mention her Judd. Last time I was there I kindly asked her for 2 Stellas as she walked behind the bar and she gave me the dirtiest fuck-off-and-die snarl glance, signaled that she couldn't hear me (music wasn't that loud), and then went off somewhere (no Stellas from her).

Keep in mind that you will find amazingly poor service throughout Argentina and especially in bars, but this barmaid seems to be an exceptional biatch on wheels and it's happened more than once. She's half Argentine half Californian and speaks native American English IIRC assuming we're taking about the same one.

Judd
06-10-06, 02:13
It was really frustrating for me because I felt like her behavior towards me was unwarranted. It wasn't like I walked into the place acting like some swinging dick gringo demanding a drink. I walked in and sat down without saying a word. I'm not a bartender. I would imagine one of the golden rules to the job is to continually monitor the bar for patrons with low or NO drinks in front of them and ask them for another. There's a problem when you have to solicit the establishment for a drink. Here's a little known fact. Americans will tip to the point of excessiveness if treated with timely and friendly service.

Anyways, I'm making to big a deal out of this. Maybe I caught her on a bad night. Has anyone gotten good service from her? Bartending service I mean.

Judd

==============================================

Hi Judd,

I've had exactly the same experience in El Alamo (and other BA bars) on several occasions.

I've always assumed that it's a cultural thing. First, goal-oriented work hasn't really caught on here in Argentina. Second, Argentinos aren't heavy tippers, so employees don't seem particularly motivate by the prospect of a tip. Third, because it's so expensive to fire anyone from a job, it seems that some employees develop a certain relaxed attitude about keeping their jobs.

My advice is don't to wait long for attention in a public place in Argentina. Politely asking for service usually does work, I assume because Argentinos are so polite that of course they will always respond politely to a request for service.

Thanks,

Jackson

Moore
06-10-06, 02:19
I would imagine one of the golden rules to the job is to continually monitor the bar for patrons with low or NO drinks in front of them and ask them for another. There's a problem when you have to solicit the establishment for a drink. Here's a little known fact. Americans will tip to the point of excessiveness if treated with timely and friendly service.Ha! I believe that most US bartenders and US customers think/act that way. Argentines don't. Argentines don't drink much and they don't tip much either. Native bartenders here are not used to beer-guzzling patrons that also tip. Some Argies will enter a place, order one beer and share the one little bottle among their group for a long time. Never seen that in USA. Part custom and partially because many have no money.

El Perro
06-10-06, 04:02
If this is the 1/2 argie, half California chick, I have never had a problem with her service. I will say that the service in the Alamo is very hit or miss in general. With the recent influx of late night hordes, even more so. Alot of times the staff are in the weeds with all the patrons. That doesn't explain Judd's problem however. Maybe he reminded her of an ex or something. Who knows.

Exon123
06-10-06, 13:54
Her name is Sandra, her parents are Argentine and she was born in California. She was made to speak her families native Spanish at all times in her home as she grew up and of course English at all other times while going to school in Los Angeles.

Her father retired from his catering truck business and of course wanted to return to his native Argentina for his "Golden Years". For what ever reason Sandra chose to return with them.

Not withstanding anything thats been said below, I feal sorry for Sandra. Here she is an educated American woman now trapped in a completely different " Mucho" Latin culture. Buenos Aires is a man's town yet she's trapped as a single American woman and her thinking is that of a completely different culture, making $30 to $40 peso's a day.

I've talked to her about using her English to get a much better job, which she could. But to date she's happy working for Peter.

Exon

Moore
06-10-06, 16:27
So that's her name - Sandra. Why in the hell would you feel sorry for her Exon? I'm sure she has a US passport and can return anytime. I don't give a fuck if she makes 2 pesos a week in BA.

She can save her American ice-biatch attitude, glances, and behavior for that country. It is not acceptable or tolerated in Argentina, period. I suppose that she mistook me for gringo tourist that is accustomed to such bullshit from American hoggers. Well I'm not accustomed to it anymore and she sticks out as an American kunt from a mile away.

Exon123
06-10-06, 17:02
So that's her name - Sandra. Why in the hell would you feel sorry for her Exon? I'm sure she has a US passport and can return anytime. I don't give a fuck if she makes 2 pesos a week in BA.

She can save her American ice-biatch attitude, glances, and behavior for that country. It is not acceptable or tolerated in Argentina, period. I suppose that she mistook me for gringo tourist that is accustomed to such bullshit from American hoggers. Well I'm not accustomed to it anymore and she sticks out as an American kunt from a mile away.Thats the exact reason I feal sorry for her, she's trapped inside two completely different cultures.

Exon

Geo Eye
06-10-06, 18:33
Hey Judd,

That is exactly the kind of shit service I get here in Miami fl USA.

It seems (not to discriminate) this is a custom in latin countries being as miami is a third world country and seems no longer part of the US. Most residents are from all over south and central america.

Anyway regarless, no one sould get bad service, I have been at the Alamo and get average service most of the time. My opinion, not making a big deal about it, I would let Peter know, I think he would like to know if one of his employee is rude and uncaring.

Off course if she is a popular employee is can explode in your face, like I have experianced. Nevertheless let management know, your doing them a favor bringing in business, not the other way around.

Good luck fellow dog,

Full Throttle
06-10-06, 19:18
. Buenos Aires is a man's town yet she's trapped as a single American woman and her thinking is that of a completely different culture, making $30 to $40 peso's a day.

ExonThe rest of the post is nice. I received good service from her and enjoyed BS'ing with her. The financial part isn't true, however. Not $300-400, but definitely more than $30-40.

FT

Moore
06-10-06, 21:18
Thats the exact reason I feal sorry for her, she's trapped inside two completely different cultures.You continue confirming my point. Like Sandra (probably), I can move between USA and Argentina when I want, within reason. I am not perpetually "trapped" in either place and I generally respect the culture in which I currently reside, even though I may not agree with it. If temporarily thawing her frozen blood/heart is too much to ask from an American warhog while outside the USA - tough. Besides, I'm sure Sandra was raised with ample exposure to both cultures, so what's the big deal? As I implied previously, I'd be marginally interested to see if she tries the ice-biatch attitude on her local Porteno cousins/customers. I doubt it. On the very rare occasions that I encounter American woman behavior in my beloved Buenos Aires it makes me physically ill.

You're getting soft in your old age Exon. No more tears please. Some of the opinions expressed here make me realize how some visitors allow themselves to be fleeced by chicas with bullshit sob stories. Some of these whoares and *amateurs* are a lot smarter than you think. At least smart enough to never try pulling something like that on me.

Maybe we should create a new thread for Sandra just like we did for Miss Sol.;)

Exon123
06-11-06, 21:44
You continue confirming my point. Like Sandra (probably) I can move between USA and Argentina when I want, within reason. I am not perpetually "trapped" in either place and I generally respect the culture in which I currently reside, even though I may not agree with it. If temporarily thawing her frozen blood / heart is too much to ask from an American warhog while outside the USA - tough. Besides, I'm sure Sandra was raised with ample exposure to both cultures, so what's the big deal? As I implied previously, I'd be marginally interested to see if she tries the ice-biatch attitude on her local Porteno cousins / customers. I doubt it. On the very rare occasions that I encounter American woman behavior in my beloved Buenos Aires it makes me physically ill.

You're getting soft in your old age Exon. No more tears please. Some of the opinions expressed here make me realize how some visitors allow themselves to be fleeced by chicas with bullshit sob stories. Some of these whoares and *amateurs* are a lot smarter than you think. At least smart enough to never try pulling something like that on me.

Maybe we should create a new thread for Sandra just like we did for Miss Sol.;)Moore,

Being a "Trust Fund Baby" explains this type of thinking.

Exon

Geo Eye
06-11-06, 22:54
Hey guys, I do not know what all the big deal is, the facts are this Sandra character has been given much attention THAN she does deserve. If I am given the service Judd was given, I gurantee you she would not like me, Bottom line if some nickel and dime bartender is so rude, you get in her face and TELL HER OFF.

Moore
06-11-06, 23:49
Moore,

Being a "Trust Fund Baby" explains this type of thinking.

ExonMaybe you are like Pappy and can't tell when I'm joking. I thought my trust fund post was clearly in jest. I wish.

Monger514
06-18-06, 19:19
Is there a pool table in the Alamo?

El Perro
06-18-06, 19:23
Is there a pool table in the Alamo?No, I talked with Peter about that months ago. Not enough room in his opinion. Too bad. I would be there alot more

Thumper
06-30-06, 21:15
Peter informed me that the new drink policy will provide a 2 to 1 ratio of young girls (non-pro locals) to guys tonight.

Non-pro (whatever that means) Somebody explain the difference between a pro, an amateur, and a non-pro. It still takes money at all levels to secure something. Maybe I'm missing the place where the girls pay me.

We'll see!

================================================

Hi Thumper,

You pay a pro for sex directly.

You pay the amateur for sex directly, but she's shy about negotiating the deal.

You pay the non-pro for sex indirectly.

Thanks,

Jackson

Dickhead
06-30-06, 21:48
1) A pro. Somebody who fucks you for money and is up front about it.

2) A non-pro. Somebody who fucks you and then later asks you for money.

3) An amateur. Someone upon whom you expend way more time and money than on a pro, who might or might not fuck you and might or might not be any good.

Clear?

Ottoparts
07-25-06, 01:15
Do they still have the free tap beer happy hours at the Alamo? 2am-4am, 6am-9am?

==============================================

Hi Ottoparts,

Peter had to discontinue the free beer when it got to the point that the local carteneros (sp) started putting him on their nightly route. There was something about all the shopping carts full of cardboard boxes parked out in front of his restaurant and carteneros (sp) demanding to be served free beer that just didn't fit the image he was trying to cultivate. Even the college students started staying away. Ha, ha.

Thanks,

Jackson

Redondo
06-04-07, 13:09
Is Alamo open now?

BadMan
06-04-07, 17:08
Redondo,

I believe it is open 24/7. So I am sure it is open now, but I think the best time to go is evenings as there are alot of drunk college girls lying around.

Good luck,

Bad

Redondo
06-04-07, 17:29
Redondo,

I believe it is open 24/7. So I am sure it is open now, but I think the best time to go is evenings as there are alot of drunk college girls lying around.

Good luck,

BadIt was closed by the cops (sure because of no coima paid) on Saturday and I am sure its closed for a long time.

Exon123
06-04-07, 18:06
More Information on the El Alamo Please, What about Peter?

Exon

Rock Harders
06-05-07, 05:04
Mongers-

In order to put down the plethora of rumors swirling around on whats going on at El Alamo, I'll do everyone a favor and lay it all down right here. Argentina is a third world country, with third world rules and regulations, with, you guessed it, third world-thinking officials enforcing those rules and regulations. Several weeks ago inspectors from the City of Buenos Aires came to El Alamo and declared the place "clauserado" as a result of alleged overcapacity. The administration of El Alamo paid the fines and settled the alleged infractions in court, or so they thought. This past Wednesday the inspectors returned and declared that El Alamo had not done what was needed to lift the "clausarado" and ordered the place closed again. This is where El Alamo stands at this point, stuck in a third world bureaucratic bottleneck. El Alamo will reopen again very soon and news of such will be posted in this thread.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Hunt99
06-05-07, 09:25
Mongers-

In order to put down the plethora of rumors swirling around on whats going on at El Alamo, I'll do everyone a favor and lay it all down right here. Argentina is a third world country, with third world rules and regulations, with, you guessed it, third world-thinking officials enforcing those rules and regulations. Several weeks ago inspectors from the City of Buenos Aires came to El Alamo and declared the place "clauserado" as a result of alleged overcapacity. The administration of El Alamo paid the fines and settled the alleged infractions in court, or so they thought. This past Wednesday the inspectors returned and declared that El Alamo had not done what was needed to lift the "clausarado" and ordered the place closed again. This is where El Alamo stands at this point, stuck in a third world bureaucratic bottleneck. El Alamo will reopen again very soon and news of such will be posted in this thread.

Suerte,

Dirk DigglerSounds like something out of Kafka - except unfortunately, it's a non-fiction story. Good luck fellows.

Redondo
06-05-07, 14:05
Mongers-

Suerte,

Dirk DigglerIn a so called first world country a bar like El Alamo couldn't exist because there are NO exits. The toilets are bad even for Argentinian standards and they don't work as well. Nobody even bother to repair them.

Everbody keeps on smoking but this is not allowed by the law.

What was your point again?

Rock Harders
06-05-07, 15:14
edondo-

The point is that the forum membership asked for the truth about what is really going on at El Alamo, and I, as one of two forum members in a position to tell the truth about this, answered accordingly. All I have to say to your foolishness is that if you are complaining about the conditions of the bathrooms, too much smoke and not enough exits for your liking, then you are obviously missing the entire point of the bar's very essence. It is what it is, the first, sleaziest, most ridiculous, best and only 24 hour bar in Buenos Aires, and if that is not what you are looking for, there are plenty of tamer establishments you can frequent.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Hunt99
06-05-07, 15:50
El Alamo is a great place, with an owner who has many, many times gone out of his way to be welcoming to visiting mongers, such as the occasion when he picked up the entire tab for a huge Argentina Private Thanksgiving Day party. It's not a hooker bar such as Madahos, Cafe Orleans, or Black, but a regular, every-day bar and restaurant.

I'm a happy customer, and look forward to returning on my next visit to Buenos Aires.

Redondo
06-05-07, 16:25
No exits? How do you enter the place, then?No emergeny exits, I can't believe it has passed the security test after Cromanon.

I for one hope that I am not in the bar if there is a big fire.

Rules are there to be enforced and the officers who closed it down do it. Nothing wrong with that

Hunt99
06-05-07, 16:59
There are at least two exits from the building, as well as a rear exit. I don't know what the fire marshal's regulations are in Buenos Aires, but I know for a fact that the business has applied for and received all necessary operating permits that are necessary for the building, I've seen their business licenses with my own eyes hanging behind the bar.

Of course, a bribe-soliciting government drone can likely find any excuse to harass and try to close down a business, especially in a Banana Republic like Argentina.

Rock Harders
06-05-07, 17:16
Redondo-

Do you know anything about bars, restaurants, or clubs in Buenos Aires, or even about the buildings here? If you had half a functioning cranium, you would know that not a SINGLE bar in the Recoleta, Barrio Norte, or Centro zone has anything resembling an emergency exit. Not Kilkenny, Not Shamrock, Not Milion, Not Gran Bar Danzon, Not Jack the Ripper, none. Unless a bar is on a corner, it has only the entrance at the front of the building. Who is responsible for this obviously dangerous design flaw, you might ask? The third world architects responsible for the design of the buildings in Buenos Aires (these idiots also omitted fire escapes, smoke alarms, sprinklers, and doors that always open from the inside to avoid trapping people escaping from smoke / fire) You also display your utter ignorance in your reference to the anti-smoking law enacted by the Municipality of Buenos Aires. The law states that establishments with more than 100 meters squared may have a smoking and non smoking section. El Alamo, which has around 280 total meters squared, has a non-smoking upstairs, and a smoking permitted downstairs.

In addition, if you actually knew what you were talking about, you would understand that El Alamo was actually not over their capacity when the inspectors came and shut the place down. The inspectors invented a ridiculous capactiy limit, something around 130 persons total over BOTH floors, then claimed there were 290 people present. When in fact El Alamo was never issued an official capacity limit and generally one person per square meter is the standard here so 280 people is the number we thought we had to observe.

The city knows El Alamo is in the right, the only thing holding El Alamo from opening is the government's claim that they misplaced some of the paperwork, and the will open El Alamo when they located that paperwork. We met with the judge and she said she doesn't understand why we havent opened yet, and that as soon as the paperwork lands on her desk she will lift the closure order. You know who loses the most from this third world bottleneck, Rodondo? Not the American owner and management, but the Argentine employees, who are not getting paid during all this mess and are probably on verge of serious financial peril. This is what happens in third world countries with third world governments / economic systems. That being said, I love living in Argentina, I love the women here, and I wish things operated to the western standard, not to the African standard.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Jackpot
06-05-07, 19:03
Hip Hip Hooray for the Alamo!

Peter and Dirk, we are ready to man the ramparts just as we did in Texas.

The way to deal with the situation is to keep the press on and smile. Some grease may be needed. Who knows?

The system here works for those with perseverance and patience. I'm one patron who would suggest you use the downtime to fortify the place against further political intrusion.

Best of Luck!

Wish I was there, Jackpot

Coach 245
06-06-07, 01:41
I am sorry that El Alamo is closed and I hope that Peter can get things worked out and open again. I know they seem to be picking on him now. I'm sure they are looking for bribes from him. That seems to be the way of the politicians. I have been a frequent customer and I enjoy it there.

Coach

Moore
06-08-07, 01:49
Most crowded bars I've frequented in BsAs like Shamrock, Kilkenny, others get clausurado about once per year. They're always back open after about a week and obviously haven't changed anything like emergency exits.

Appears to be just a revenue scheme for the police, like DWI's have become in some US states.

Jackson
07-07-07, 03:59
Greetings everyone,

I am pleased to announce that el Alamo Bar reopened this evening at 6pm.

I stopped in and by 9pm the place was full of customers.

Welcome Back!

Thanks,

Jackson

Bold Focker
07-15-07, 22:31
Does the El Alamo have a seperate room for smokers down stairs, as per the regulation I copied from the internet?

[edit] Argentina.

Since March 1, 2006[4], smoking is completely banned in all public buildings in the city of Buenos Aires.

Since October 1, 2006, smoking is also banned in restaurants, pubs, shopping malls, bakeshops, and many other closed places. It is mandatory to display No smoking signs in such places. Those restaurants and pubs with an area over 100 m2 may however assign a separate area of up to 30% of the total area where people may smoke. This area has to be properly isolated and conditioned. Advertisement of cigarette brands in the thoroughfare is also prohibited.

A 0800[5] number is available for citizens to ask for more information and report businesses or individuals that break the law.

Redondo-

Do you know anything about bars, restaurants, or clubs in Buenos Aires, or even about the buildings here? If you had half a functioning cranium, you would know that not a SINGLE bar in the Recoleta, Barrio Norte, or Centro zone has anything resembling an emergency exit. Not Kilkenny, Not Shamrock, Not Milion, Not Gran Bar Danzon, Not Jack the Ripper, none. Unless a bar is on a corner, it has only the entrance at the front of the building. Who is responsible for this obviously dangerous design flaw, you might ask? The third world architects responsible for the design of the buildings in Buenos Aires (these idiots also omitted fire escapes, smoke alarms, sprinklers, and doors that always open from the inside to avoid trapping people escaping from smoke / fire) You also display your utter ignorance in your reference to the anti-smoking law enacted by the Municipality of Buenos Aires. The law states that establishments with more than 100 meters squared may have a smoking and non smoking section. El Alamo, which has around 280 total meters squared, has a non-smoking upstairs, and a smoking permitted downstairs.

In addition, if you actually knew what you were talking about, you would understand that El Alamo was actually not over their capacity when the inspectors came and shut the place down. The inspectors invented a ridiculous capactiy limit, something around 130 persons total over BOTH floors, then claimed there were 290 people present. When in fact El Alamo was never issued an official capacity limit and generally one person per square meter is the standard here so 280 people is the number we thought we had to observe.

The city knows El Alamo is in the right, the only thing holding El Alamo from opening is the government's claim that they misplaced some of the paperwork, and the will open El Alamo when they located that paperwork. We met with the judge and she said she doesn't understand why we havent opened yet, and that as soon as the paperwork lands on her desk she will lift the closure order. You know who loses the most from this third world bottleneck, Rodondo? Not the American owner and management, but the Argentine employees, who are not getting paid during all this mess and are probably on verge of serious financial peril. This is what happens in third world countries with third world governments / economic systems. That being said, I love living in Argentina, I love the women here, and I wish things operated to the western standard, not to the African standard.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Redondo
07-16-07, 06:08
Does the El Alamo have a seperate room for smokers down stairs, as per the regulation I copied from the internet?

[edit] Argentina.

Since March 1, 2006[4], smoking is completely banned in all public buildings in the city of Buenos Aires.

Since October 1, 2006, smoking is also banned in restaurants, pubs, shopping malls, bakeshops, and many other closed places. It is mandatory to display No smoking signs in such places. Those restaurants and pubs with an area over 100 m2 may however assign a separate area of up to 30% of the total area where people may smoke. This area has to be properly isolated and conditioned. Advertisement of cigarette brands in the thoroughfare is also prohibited.

A 0800[5] number is available for citizens to ask for more information and report businesses or individuals that break the law.Before they closed it down not. Now I assume there is no smoking anymore, only on the first floor

Hlover
10-25-07, 00:46
The owner has really transformed this club into a great establishment for locals, expats and US study abroad college kids.

The 1st world series game was packed. Great feedback from patrons. Several Argentines told me this is their favorite club.

Scored 2 phone numbers from hot college chicas. Awesome attitudes and vibes circulate throughout the club.

A requisite monger haunt.

WorldTravel69
10-31-07, 05:11
Where are Bero and Lilian?

Levantaa
11-25-07, 22:34
What happens late nights at the Alamo? I stopped by there about 4:30am Saturday after leaving another party and it sounded like it was going off the hook, but the doorman was extraordinarily unfriendly-- at first he wouldn't let us in at all, and then he said it would be $30 per person, but when I asked what was going on he just laughed at me until I left. Did someone just book it for a private party or something?

Thomaso276
11-25-07, 22:55
There is a cover after 3 or 4 am to try and keep the crowd (and attending noise for neighbors) down, as well, they limit the amount of people allowed inside.

Rock Harders
11-25-07, 23:06
Mongers-

Unfortunately, El Alamo has become a victim of its own popularity in that WAY TOO MANY drunk / drugged up clients try to enter the bar in the period 4am-8am. Naturally, these such clients are loud and abnoxious at this point, which causes many problems with the neighbors. Recently as a result of a court ordered mediation with the neighbors, El Alamo has entered into an agreement with the neighbors that after 4am, the bar becomes "semi-private", meaning only VIP card holders and other well-known regular customers who have a reputation for behaving themselves are permitted to enter. There is a $20 AR minimum consumption for males and a $10 AR minimum consumption for females Wednesday-Saturday 8pm-4am. At 4am, the girls get in free and the guys minimum consumption goes up to $30. Keep in mind the consumption is good for food and drinks up to the value of the amount payed.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Kyle Fox
02-16-08, 15:30
I stopped by El Alamo this past Wednesday night around 9pm. There were 2 young guys seated on bar stools on both sides of the front door. I tried to walk right by them but they stopped me and said there was a $20 AR commission. I said I was planning to get dinner. They said it didn't matter. I said I wasn't going to pay commission to go to a restaurant for dinner.

Place looked quite busy for 9pm. Is this right? On Jackson's Cheat Sheet El Alamo is listed as $$, for $25 peso restaurant. If one pays $20 peso commission, this only leaves you 5 pesos for food.

Rock Harders
02-16-08, 15:43
Mongers-

The $20 AR consumption fee charged at the door is just that, a CONSUMPTION fee, meaning it can be used for food, drink, or anything else you might want to consume in El Alamo. This is designed to prevent the Argies from engaging in their time honored tradition- taking up space without spending any money.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Seaman
02-16-08, 15:57
Dirk,

Maybe it is a smart move to instruct your security people at the door to allow the foreigners in without consumption charge? Just don't advertise it and the Argies will not be upset about it.

It looks like you are losing more business from foreigners then you make extra out of the Argies. Or give all the foreigners a "membership" pass which will allow them in at all times without the consumption charge.

Just my 2 centavos.

Sportsman
02-16-08, 16:06
Or have the staff give a better response than "It didn't matter."

Monger514
02-16-08, 16:45
It looks like you are loosing more business from foreigners I think you meant "losing":)

Dirk, I would second that suggestion.

Dancesw/Chicas
02-16-08, 16:50
Agree with Seaman. I went to The Alamo in last November with a couple of hot non-pros that hang out with me when in Buenos Aires.

There were many Argies without chicas, lurking around and nursing the same beer for hours.

DWC

Aqualung
02-17-08, 19:15
I never pay the girls in advance and I never pay for my food or my drinks in advance.

Jbrlovers
02-17-08, 22:47
[Hey guys, nothing personal but a lot of guys complain about to many locals in Alamo. So Peter required the 20p to help control the dead beats. And now everybody makes a big deal out of it. Like your not going to spend 20p anyway? If your not then your one of the guys Alamo is trying to keep out aren't you then?

QUOTE=Aqualung]I never pay the girls in advance and I never pay for my food or my drinks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Smuler
02-18-08, 11:27
Let me jump in for a second-

Kyle stated that he was stopped at the door and asked for a 20 peso commission. He stated that he was coming into the establishment to spend money on dinner. They said it " didn't matter "

To me this meant an extra 20 to walk in the door on top of the money spent on dinner. (AN ENTRANCE FEE)

Dirk- you said that it could be " used towards the meal "

I think that this scenario just needed a little explanation - by the guys at the front door. Poor communication loses customers.

If they explained to the potential customer, the reasoning, the customer would have been satisfied.

Best Regards.

Smuler

AllIWantIsLove
02-18-08, 16:39
I'd still be uneasy about paying money before I even walk through the door. What happens if I find the place to be too crowded? Or not crowded enough? Or too noisy? Or I can't find an acceptable table?

The idea of a minimum is acceptable to me. But paying upfront before I even walk through the door is not.

Bob

El Aleman
02-18-08, 18:32
Minimum's upfront are extremely unusual for normal restaurants / bars, and would I not know El Alamo, it would probably cause me to immediately turn away. With all due respect, and understanding the reasoning, Peter, Dirk, I strongly advise to abandon this practise.

No, mi amor, yo siempre pago después!

Sounds familiar?

2 centavos from.

El Alemán

Rock Harders
02-18-08, 20:23
Mongers,

What do Kilkenny, Shamrock, and El Alamo all have in common? First, all three charge a minimum consumption charge on busy nights. All three have been operating this way for a long time, and all three have been profitable in this practice. Second, all three have been shut down by the Buenos Aires city inspectors for overcapacity. Third, all three have a clientel of at least 90% locals, 10% or less foreigners. The portenos, you know, the ones paying the consumption charges at these places and making all the money for their respective owners, have no problem with this system as it keeps out riff raff that would otherwise just take up space and possibly molest the customers who are willing to spend at least $20 AR. It is essentially a "wallet biopsy", as in these establishments want to exlude those people who do not have the ability to spend a measly $20 AR inside to justify their use of the very limited space inside all three of these establishments. This system is just part of doing business down here and it is tried and true and here to stay.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Redondo
02-19-08, 02:38
Mongers,

What do Kilkenny, Shamrock, and El Alamo all have in common? First, all three charge a minimum consumption charge on busy nights. All three have been operating this way for a long time, and all three have been profitable in this practice. Second, all three have been shut down by the Buenos Aires city inspectors for overcapacity. Third, all three have a clientel of at least 90% locals, 10% or less foreigners. The portenos, you know, the ones paying the consumption charges at these places and making all the money for their respective owners, have no problem with this system as it keeps out riff raff that would otherwise just take up space and possibly molest the customers who are willing to spend at least $20 AR. It is essentially a "wallet biopsy", as in these establishments want to exlude those people who do not have the ability to spend a measly $20 AR inside to justify their use of the very limited space inside all three of these establishments. This system is just part of doing business down here and it is tried and true and here to stay.

Suerte,

Dirk DigglerNo you have it wrong about Kilkenny.

They were extremly succesfull at least 4 nights a week before they started with 'the Alamo' policy.

Now they only get big crowds on a night were booze is cheap (Thursday)

Shaun
03-01-08, 16:44
Glad to hear that El Alamo is back and operating again (regardless of the consumption charge). I haven't been back down since last May, but am heading back in a couple of weeks. I was "lucky" enough to be a judge at the first two bikini shows (when they were held) Anyway, this is about the longest I've been away from BsAs and I'm definitely looking forward to coming back down.

Ciao'

Gregnolet
03-01-08, 18:35
Hello,

I've arrived in BA last Tuesday for the first time. I live right around the corner from Alamo. Everyt time I walk in front of it, I notice a few young kids hanging out. I entered the place last Thursday night at around 10:00. There were again a crowd of young university students. I don't look particularly old (I'm 37 yo) but I really felt like I did not belong there.

Where's and when is the bikini contest? Where's the mongers' scene? Did I miss some secret doors?

Thanks for any help.

Greg

Member #3319
03-02-08, 01:50
Went by El Alamo for breakfast this morning around 11:05. Still closed. My roommate was told to come back in around an hour.

Did I miss something? Really what I want to know is, what time does El Alamo open for breakfast? Is it different everyday?

I think it should be stated that this trip was made later, because the last time my friend went to eat there, they advised him to come back later. Fair enough, but it was a weekday at 9:30.

WorldTravel69
03-02-08, 02:25
Like me.

The El Alamo is great for TV Sports and have a great Gringo owner and bartenders. They can tell you other places to visit.

Try the l'Alliance next. 945 Cordoba. The owners are Gringos also. A lot of us Mongers eat there.

Hello,

I've arrived in BA last Tuesday for the first time. I live right around the corner from Alamo. Everyt time I walk in front of it, I notice a few young kids hanging out. I entered the place last Thursday night at around 10:00. There were again a crowd of young university students. I don't look particularly old (I'm 37 yo) but I really felt like I did not belong there.

Where's and when is the bikini contest? Where's the mongers' scene? Did I miss some secret doors?

Thanks for any help.

Greg

Stowe
03-03-08, 02:32
Went by El Alamo for breakfast this morning around 11:05. Still closed. My roommate was told to come back in around an hour.

Did I miss something? Really what I want to know is, what time does El Alamo open for breakfast? Is it different everyday?

I think it should be stated that this trip was made later, because the last time my friend went to eat there, they advised him to come back later. Fair enough, but it was a weekday at 9:30.El Alamo is apparently going through some changes so that may be why it was not open when you went by. They have been open for breakfast in the past. I will be in BA in about 3 weeks so I will probably stop by there.

For Gregnolet, the bikini contests are no more as El Alamo wanted to bring in a different clientele as women were not comfortable being there during the shows.

Suerte.

Stowe

DblGear
03-05-08, 04:46
So, is El Alamo a place to meet women of the evening, or not? Is it structured as hoped, that is chicas and mongerers upstairs and like that?

Jackson
03-05-08, 11:49
So, is El Alamo a place to meet women of the evening, or not? Is it structured as hoped, that is chicas and mongerers upstairs and like that?Hi DblGear,

El Alamo has never been a "place to meet women of the evening", and it has never had a situation with "chicas and mongerers upstairs", so I'm not sure where you've been getting your information.

The closest thing to any of that type of "action" was a brief period last year when El Alamo was open 24 hours a day, during which a small number of working girls from other clubs would stop by at 5-6-7am, at the end of their night, largely because it was one of the few bars that were open at that time of day. That scene ended abruptly when the Alamo, as a concession to their neighbor's general complaints about the noise, decided to close at 4am each night.

Thanks,

Jackson

Aqualung
03-05-08, 12:32
So, is El Alamo a place to meet women of the evening, or not? Is it structured as hoped, that is chicas and mongerers upstairs and like that?Stick to Catto's - you might finally convince the dancer!;)

Erkinator73
03-05-08, 20:58
EL Alamo used to be a pretty decent place to meet the working girls at about 4:30 or 5:00 in the morning. Now only a few will show up early and of those girls most work at Newport anyway. I guess you just have to stick to Cocodrilo for late night:)

Suerte.

Erkinator

DblGear
03-06-08, 02:23
Jackson:

Please see El Alamo's quite ancient entry of January 16, 2006 for the basis of my inquiry. I have been in El Alamo 7 to 10 times (I saw a few bikini contests) and I was wondering whether my over-consumption of beers caused me to miss something.

Regards,

Dblgear

Gregnolet
03-07-08, 14:06
BA's nightlife is definitely not for me. My max hour is 3AM. Then I need to go to sleep.

For those of you who have the energy and the will to pick up chicas at 4-5-6-7 AM, good for you. You have all my admiration. I'm deep in my sleep at that time.

BA is a wonderful city, but monger's activities is pale in comparison to Thailand. The city is full of beautiful women walking in the street, yet I don't find these same beautiful women in "working girls" clubs such as Madahos & Black. There's plenty of Brazilian, Paraguay, and Dominican Republic girls in the working girls clubs, but I find Argentineans women so much more beautiful.

So now my strategy is to pick up legit women in regular normal cafes, clubs, bars. That's where the real jewels are. It's more work, but the reward is definitely higher.

Wish me luck.

Greg

Exon123
03-07-08, 14:31
To each his own.

Trolling for Non-Pro's is simply to much work for me. And what if you get lucky and find something, then you're in trouble, how do you get rid of them?

I have a certain stable of 5 or 6 women and rotate them in the afternoons, all of them provide "GFE", unless of course I'm in the mood for a "Hand Job" Then I spent my evening hunting up new prospects.

I prefer to "Do The deed" durning the day or afternoon when I'm stronger and window shop at night. After a couple of Beefeaters and a big steak dinner my urge to monger is not as good.

Remember the rule, "Never go to the grocery store shopping if your hungery". Well that also holds true to Mongering.

Exon

BundaLover
03-07-08, 14:54
To each his own.

Trolling for Non-Pro's is simply to much work for me. And what if you get lucky and find something, them your in trouble, how do you get rid of them?

I have a certain stable of 5 or 6 women and rotate them in the afternoons, all of them provide "GFE", unless of course I'm in the mood for a "Hand Job" Then I spent my evening hunting up new prospects.

I prefer to "Do The deed" durning the day or afternoon when I'm stronger and window shop at night. After a couple of Beefeaters and a big steak dinner my urge to monger is not as good.

Remember the rule, "Never go to the grocery store shopping if your hungery". Well that also holds true to Mongering.

ExonHas anyone noticed that Exon has become reasonable and sane in the last few months? Has there been a change of medication?

Exon123
03-07-08, 15:23
Absolutely not BundaLover,

The reason is we're seeing fewer CockSuckers and dumb MotherFuckers posting these days, nothing more than that.

But if history proves correct they'll be back.

Exon

El Perro
03-07-08, 15:40
Absolutely not BundaLover,

The reason is we're seeing fewer CockSuckers and dumb MotherFuckers posting these days, nothing more than that.

But if history proves correct they'll be back.

ExonJackson is nipping a lot of bullshit in the bud before it gets out of hand.

Jackson
03-07-08, 15:52

ExonHey Exon,

So what exactly does that mean? That you shouldn't go looking for pussy when you're horny?

Thanks,

Jackson

Sinistra
03-07-08, 16:05
So what exactly does that mean? That you shouldn't go looking for pussy when you're horny?Maybe it means you shouldn't go looking for pussy when you've already popped your viagra.

Exon123
03-07-08, 17:09
Hey Exon,

So what exactly does that mean? That you shouldn't go looking for pussy when you're horny?

Thanks,

JacksonYes & No,

You schedule your activies to coinside with your desire's.

As an example I'm not going to Cocodrillo at 4 o'clock in the morning to get laid. I won't because I'm going to be asleep.

Normaly by 2:00 am I'm ready to fold my "Tent" and go to bed. Thats not to say I haven't made exceptions because I have.

But My normal "M. O." is to go to dinner around 9 or 10 leaving 3 to 4 hours for mongering & "re-con", (or going to the park with Moe) Durning this time I'll be on patrol searching out new prospects for other experiences. I might see a girl 3 or 4 times flirting with her and collecting phone numbers before I'll take the gamble of possibly "Wasting an Orgasm" on her.

This time spent comunicating and flirting with a new canidate is normaly well spent. Since by then the both of you have gotten the chance to get to know one another which is prelude for better sex, I. E. "Girl Friend Experience" and better service. Isn't that why we travel to Argentina, "Service"?

By scheduleing your sexual activites at reasonable hours you'll have a better experience. Most of us have done it, gotten all drunked up, eaten a huge Bife de Lomo and taken some chica home. Or flown all night only to get off an airplane and go to some Privato. The experience isn't as good.

By persueing sexual activity at reasonable hours it takes the edge of your "Hornyness", (for lack of a better word) and gives one the ability to say "No" to that Hottie you've been stocking. In the long run you'll have a better experience with her and when the time does come it will give you more negociating power with her.

Exon

Gregnolet
03-08-08, 15:51
Exon,.

I couldn't not agree more with your words of wisdom:

" In the long run you'll have a better experience with her and when the time does come it will give you more negotiating power with her."

Girls are like children; they love to test us and see how far they can go.

Never be afraid to say NO. It pays off in the long run because you earn their respect.

Aqualung
03-10-08, 03:34
Exon,

Never be afraid to say NO. It pays off in the long run because you earn their respect.I wholly agree - But say NO and call another girl - Next time you are at the club call her again and tell her how much YOU are willing to pay. Repeat this as many times as needed till she understands that you are only going to pay what you want and she does the maths and realises how much she lost not accepting your terms.