PDA

View Full Version : Milion

Rock Harders
01-16-06, 20:34
Milion.

Parana 1048 (between Santa Fe why Marcelo T.

4815-9925

www.milion.com.ar

This is another of my all-time favorite places for picking up regular Argentine girls. Milion is a bar / restaurant located in a converted mansion, and the places is spread out over three floors and an outdoor garden area. There are always a ton of beautiful woman in this place, the majority local portenas with a significant minority of young american and british girls. This place attracts a very sophisticated and upper class crowd that is seen in few other places in Buenos Aires. The best time to come to this place to make a pick up is between the hours of 11pm and 330am; people come here to pregame before heading out to the discotecas. With the luxurious and hip setting, this is also a top choice for taking a local girl on a date, as she will be impressed, and every portena I have ever come across knows and loves Milion.

There is also food available, which I cannot report on. I used to go to this place so frequently that the bartenders start making my normal drink as soon as they saw me walk in the place, even if the place was packed solid, as it usually was. One thing about Milion is that it closed relatively early, by 4am.

Dirk

Orlandoirish
01-16-06, 22:02
Dirk:

OK, so help this freshly popped monger cherry understand how you pick up hot chicas in this place. I'll be in AR in July, and will definitely pay this place a visit, just not sure how to approach the women.

Are they corralled like cattle (Black) or are they just at the bar having a drink? Any help from the DIRKster would be appreciatedby this tater eating IRISHMAN.

;-)

Moore
01-16-06, 22:54
Orlandoirish, Million is a regular place, not P4P like Black.

Dirk, I agree that Million is a very cool place to bring a date. The converted French mansion is beautiful and is a unique nightspot. Ive probably been there 10 times (always on 1st or 2nd date) and the local girls are always impressed. Million, along with Danzon, have long been "clutch" date choices for me.

This is at least the second time youve mentioned Million as a good place to pick up regular girls and I disagree with that. For me it is a strictly a date place. The upstairs bar itself is small and usually not so many people standing at it. There are lots of large tables, and most people sitting at them are apparently local groups of guys/girls. It never seemed a good environment for meeting girls - like trying to pick up chicas at a restaurant. Also, the place is always packed with fags.

The food is decent. They have a wide selection of Spanish tapas.

Rock Harders
01-17-06, 00:00
Orlandoirish-

As much as I dislike agreeing with anything Moore says, he is correct in that Milion is not a place that professional chicas work. However, as previously mentioned there always is a fine selection of regular portenas in attendance. Try hanging out around the bar on the second floor, the one with the naked portrait of Adam and Eve hanging behind the bar- always chicas congregated around there. Also, I find that there are usually groups of young, unattached girls hanging out on and and around the stairs leading from the outside balcony to the garden.

I strongly disagree with Moore's assessment that Milion is not a good place for picking up regular chicas. This place is always packed on jueves-viernes-sabado nights with groups of young girls having a few drinks before they go out to the discotecas. The noise level in all areas of Milion is kept at a level that is conducive to making conversation with chicas. In addition to Argentine girls, there are always foreign girls pregaming in this place that often know little about the discoteca scene and only found Milion because it is listed in the Lonely Planet guidebook- these girls are prime meat for showing the late night disco scene. In my opinion, if you are a young, decent looking guy with a bit of chamuyo, and you can't pick up ANYTHING out of Milion, you should cut your dick off and hang yourself with it.

Dirk

Hafrbo
01-20-06, 18:41
With both Dirk and Moore:

Million Bar CAN be both a date and pickup place. I was there on Wednsday.

Lower level:

Has an interior room at entrance, next comes an exterior patio with tables, and finally another interior lounge after the patio. The lower level is definitely a great place to take a date with what seemed like a decent menu. Tables in the exterior patio had candle light along with some exterior lighting and great views of the porteno night and some 'gardens'. I imagine once you're done with dinner you can take your date towards the lounge located at the end of the patio for some one on one intimacy or handjob if you're like me.

Upper Level:

Dining area at beginning with lounge tables in the beginning and the bar at the end. A large balcony with eating area is after the bar with steps connecting it to the downstairs open area patio. Lots of women in groups found in the middle lounge area. All you have to do is be a Dickhead: make your move, introduce yourself and face the Gauntlet. Bar area on the night I visited did not have too many people (single women) except for some American cocksuckers who looked like students to me. Sorry, but I didnt come to Buenos Aires to hear people speak English. For christsake, at least try to learn some spanish.

Definitely one of the better bars I've visited here. Highly recommended.

El Perro
01-21-06, 21:34
How old is too old for Milion? I stepped into the Shamrock the other night and felt like everybody's grandpa! I know Milion is a different type place, but I like avoiding the multigeneration gap (except for p2p)

Moore
01-21-06, 21:50
Doggboy,

The age range in Milion is similar to that of Shamrock - maybe the median age at Milion is a few years higher. You're going to find that in BA, most regular nightspots cater to a young crowd. At 30, one is materially older than average in most good hangouts, especially in the "discos" (which are much more popular here than bars)

El Perro
01-21-06, 22:09
Doggboy,

The age range in Milion is similar to that of Shamrock - maybe the median age at Milion is a few years higher. You're going to find that in BA, most regular nightspots cater to a young crowd. At 30, one is materially older than average in most good hangouts, especially in the "discos" (which are much more popular here than bars)Moore,

Jeez, I guess it's p2p and hanging out in jazz bars trolling for aging non pros looking for dinero y un pinga dura! Once again, not much difference.

The dog