PDA

View Full Version : Shopping - Men's Clothing

AllIWantIsLove
01-19-06, 14:36
Where will I find men's clothing stores or tailors? (I could swear that there was once a message posted which contained this info, but not that my searches could find.

Thanks,

Bob

Flexible Horn
01-19-06, 15:34
I bought some made to measure shirts when I was here 2004, I have 3 of them with me on this trip still in very good condition.

The shop is at Santa Fe 1825, I think the price then was 800 pesos for 4 shirts, but with inflation the way it is here I would guess at a 50% increase.

FH

Rock Harders
01-19-06, 16:27
There is a Big & Tall store located on Avenida Sante Fe, between Armenia and Malabia, in Palermo. I was fitted for and purchased a custom made suit (took a week's time between order and delivery) that was of VERY high quality. In addition to suits, they have a large selection of pants, shirts, ties, shoes, leather jackets, sweaters, and other such items. This place was perfect because I have trouble getting suits at normal retailers in the USA (why does a 46 suitjacket come with 40inch waist pants? So I figured it would be impossible in Argentina, but this place had what I needed. There is another store, called XL Extra Large that probably has similar items.

Dirk

Jaimito Cartero
01-19-06, 17:07
The few places I've checked out in BA and Lima were quite expensive. I guess I'm too used to buying nice quality stuff in Thailand for $20 a shirt.

AllIWantIsLove
01-23-06, 14:22
Does anyone understand how pants are sized? I saw stacks of pants yesterday at WalMart's. They were marked, for example, 48. I had calculated that my 33 waist would be 83.8 centemeters. The pile of pants marked 48 certainly did not have 48 centemeter waists. They were adult size. Nor did they have 48 inch waists.

Also, they were marked with only the one number, 48, 50, whatever. I expected to find them marked as to waist and length. Isn't it done that way here?

On the subject of pants, am I going to be able to find anything like Dockers here? WalMart didn't have anything similar and I couldn't find anything similar in Bullrich either. Doesn't this place have anything like a Macy's or Filiene's or something similar?

Thanks, Bob