PDA

View Full Version : Al Carbón

AllIWantIsLove
01-24-06, 00:30
Reconquista 875

I had a nice meal here tonight and expect to return. Here are my observations:

Attractive place with an attractive menu. Not an extensive menu but varied and most of the items appealed to me. Very nice bread basket. Cheapest wine by the glass was $9 pesos, but it was quite good and larger than what I generally get when I order wine by the glass in the States. My meal, grilled chicken breast and a side of grilled vegetables, was good. I ordered a chocolate dessert and was a bit disappointed. The chocolate part was good, but it was served with four fruits, two of which go with chocolate, strawberries and raspberries, and two of which, in my opinion, do not, grapes and blueberries.

Considering that it is a nice place, I didn't think that they were doing much business. So I asked my waiter on the way out why there weren't more people there. This is when I discovered that while my waiter spoke pretty good English when it came to the menu, his English was not so great in general. So he explained in Spanish, I think (my Spanish is pretty poor) that not too many people live in Micro Centro. So they do a lot of business at lunch time but not so much business in the Evening. And, lots of people are one vacation now.

My meal came to $54 pesos. I thought it was a bargin.

Bob

Exon123
01-25-06, 02:18
I didn't like the place, I had the asado & a beefeater or two and my bill was 75 peso's, about the price of a "Blow Job".

I'd rather have the "Blow Job" than the experance of eating their.

It looks good from the street thou.

Exon

AllIWantIsLove
02-04-06, 16:49
Since my first experience here was good, and since it is very close to my hotel, I visited this place for a second time. This time I had fish. (I had chicken the first time. And I thought the fish was great. More than I could eat. Maybe because I could not refrain from stuffing my face from the breadbasket. Ordered a side of spinich which was also great and also more than I could eat. No room for dessert this time.

I am not sure if this is a recommendation or not, but around 10pm or so about 10 of BsAs' "beautiful people" walked in. You know the type, you see them on society pages of big newspapers (no matter how fast you try to turn the page) Aged about 45-65 maybe. Attractive, very well dressed women. Not a one of them overweight. Well dressed, tan, executive type men. They began their evening with champagne. So some "high society" types seem to like the place too.

Bob

AllIWantIsLove
02-12-06, 14:02
Service and food were not up to my previous experiences. I ordered a salad and when it came I was not offered oil and vinegar and pepper. When it finally occurred to me why the salad was so bland I looked for the waiter but he was heading out the door. I didn't expect he'd be gone long and so I was patient. He did come back in shortly, but then walked over to the host and struck up a conversation with him and neither of them was looking my way, or looking at any of the customers for that matter. So I get up and am going to walk over to him and he notices me as I get just one step away from my table. I tell him what I want and he brings only vinegar. Even if there is a language problem, and there was, does it make any sense to bring only vinegar?

I ordered some sort of pork. The English menu did not say what the cut was. It tasted fine, but it was rather tough. And that's when I discovered that the steak knife was not very sharp.

Bob