PDA

View Full Version : Bakery in Centro?

AllIWantIsLove
01-28-06, 12:47
Anyone know of a bakery in Centro? Postres I know I can find in Galerias Pacifico. I'm looking for bread.

Thanks,

Bob

Thomaso276
01-28-06, 22:13
Walk along San Martin towards Cordoba and Corrientes. Several shoppes tucked away on San Martin in the area. I do not think they are open on weekends as this is a business district.

One Tree Hill
01-28-06, 22:40
There is also one if memory serves me, on Maipu, between Cordoba and Tucuman / Viamonte (one or the other) If you are walking with Cordoba at your back, the shop will be on the right side of the street.

Breads, sweets and really good quiches and the like.

Norman Stormin
02-04-06, 16:22
One block from Black on Ayacucho on the corner of Alvear. It's an outlet of La Bourgogne restaurant. It's a little pricey and not quite in the center, but well worth the surcharge if you're in the neighborhood.

Canitasguy
10-10-09, 13:48
The claim that Buenos Aires is the Paris of South America is substantiated on at least one measure at the bakery attached to the Alvear Palace Hotel.

Their croissants hold up against those served at the Four Season George V in Paris proper. They are big and perfect, as are the raisin croissants. The raisin bread is also magnifique. They have other gourmet treats too. It a little pricey, but the quality matches the cost.

Highly recommended!