PDA

View Full Version : Mail Boxes etc. Or equivalent

David Ross
02-01-06, 20:40
Does anyone know if there is a Mail Boxes etc. Store or some other similiar company in Buenos Aires? I would like to have a consistent mailing address until I purchase my apartment. Thank you.

Thomaso276
02-01-06, 22:10
Mail here is somewhat unrealiable. I have seen PO boxes in the offical post offices.

El Perro
02-10-06, 10:22
I have not done an exhaustive search, but the only thing I found was Correo Argentina, the mail service. They will hold mail for you, BUT they don't let you know when anything comes in (you have to constantly check) and, as noted, the mail service can be unreliable. For example, if you send / receive anything looking like a check you're rolling the dice. I have heard this from many folks, short and long termers. I recently received a check from the states via a private service that I will have to deposit with my bank in the states. I will send that Fedex to the bank. If anybody does hear of a reliable "mailbox service" in BA please post.

Gandolf50
05-01-06, 02:19
Mail here is somewhat unrealiable. I have seen PO boxes in the offical post offices.I asked about renting a box in the town near where I live and they wanted 300 pesos a year. I thought it was a little steep.