PDA

View Full Version : Panne E Vino - Recoleta

Zappaman
02-04-06, 20:53
I've never seen anyone mention this place but over the few years I have been coming down to BA I always stop here a few times each trip. It's in Recoleta on Vicente Lopez, sort of adjacent to Recoleta Village as you walk through the little square in front of the Village. Kind of small - easy to miss entry.

My biggest attraction to the place for me is the wine offerings. In this sense, it is largely a wine bar. The quantity and variety of choices is very, very large. I really dig Argentine red wine so this feature works very well for me.

The food is good, but a bit overpriced - not as bad as the standard Recoleta markup but it's there nonetheless. Mostly simple Italian dishes. I have never had any reason to complain.

The vibe in there, particularly for dinner with a date, is great (IMHO) More or less a Jazz / World Beats feel to it. Also, oddly, there is no tourista feel to this place and this contrasts it greatly to the high volume "parade of restaurants" in the neighborhood. Last, but not least, I have met some very nice local folks there when just hanging at the bar guzzling vino.

I would not necessarily recommend anybody make a special trip to go there, but when in the neighborhood - check it out.

Zappaman

Crusader
04-22-08, 18:24
Nothing special outside the Recoleta Village Plaza. Had a salad for 30p+bottle wine. I recomend the pizza place next to it, don't know the name. Was packed thats why I got a table at the Pane & Vino.