PDA

View Full Version : Perro Andaluz

El Perro
02-12-06, 10:34
I did a walkabout in San Telmo Saturday afternoon and came across this cafe, bar, music venue. They have live jazz often during the week. They were playing Nina Simone while I had my beer. Very friendly and helpful staff. An interesting looking place and another jazz option. Plus I'm crazy about the San Telmo ambiance. The name of the place is from a 1929 Luis Bunuel film. So if you are a film buff that adds to the allure. The staff sez there will be a fine quartet playing this coming Friday night. The doggboy will be in attendance barring any unforseen calamities. I like dogs.

Perro Andaluz-Bolivar 852

4361-3501

Thomaso276
02-13-06, 08:54
Be careful down there at night. Very dangerous, lots of drug problems, street robberies.

El Perro
02-13-06, 10:18
Be careful down there at night. Very dangerous, lots of drug problems, street robberies.I hear conflicting things about crime in San Telmo, though the consensus is to take cabs at night, and don't get off the beaten path. I usually stick to Defensa, Bolivar and not much farther afield on foot. Too bad, I like the area. It was my impression things were going to improve there, what with all the publicity (at least in the states) that gringo gays were buying property and trying to gentrify the area. Of course, all you have to do is walk around a bit, and it is easy to see that gentrification is a long way off.

Thanks for the cautionary note Thomaso. I'll keep my guard up.

Member #4110
02-13-06, 23:52
I suppose Doggboy was walking his puppy just after he had doggie-style sex when he encountered El Perro Andaluz. Too Bunuel.

El Perro
02-14-06, 00:20
I suppose Doggboy was walking his puppy just after he had doggie-style sex when he encountered El Perro Andaluz. Too Bunuel.Does anyone know the optimum angle between the zenith of the ass and the small of the back?

Mpexy
02-14-06, 04:25
I don't know if it's the optimum as that's really personal preference, but oddly enough, similar to the "optimum" dorsal hump angle on a rhinoplasty of 115 degrees, a lot of men and women desire a 115-117 degree concave down, slope of tangent from small of back to the crest of either posterior cheek.

Mojokpr
02-24-06, 18:37
Hey,

I've stayed in San Telmo several times, several years ago and again recently. I've walked around by myself at the latest hours without any hint of problems. I tend to get accosted more when I am in Recoleta by the hustlers than in San Telmo.

San Telmo is not as pristine, etc as Recolta, if that makes a difference to you, it is best that you stay across town.

El Perro
02-24-06, 18:45
Hey,

I've stayed in San Telmo several times, several years ago and again recently. I've walked around by myself at the latest hours without any hint of problems. I tend to get accosted more when I am in Recoleta by the hustlers than in San Telmo.

San Telmo is not as pristine, etc as Recolta, if that makes a difference to you, it is best that you stay across town.Thanks for the input Mojokpr. Not only do I like rambling around in the area, I am also looking for a long term apartment, and San Telmo might be the area. I am looking at an apartment there tomorrow morning.

Hunt99
03-23-06, 12:00
I did a walkabout in San Telmo Saturday afternoon and came across this cafe, bar, music venue. They have live jazz often during the week. They were playing Nina Simone while I had my beer. Very friendly and helpful staff. An interesting looking place and another jazz option. Plus I'm crazy about the San Telmo ambiance. The name of the place is from a 1929 Luis Bunuel film. So if you are a film buff that adds to the allure. The staff sez there will be a fine quartet playing this coming Friday night. The doggboy will be in attendance barring any unforseen calamities. I like dogs.

Perro Andaluz-Bolivar 852

4361-3501So how was this place Doggboy? You never reported back.

El Perro
03-23-06, 12:28
Hunt99,

Bohemian. I have been there a few times. So far, the jazz has not been as polished or professional as say, Notorious. But, I do like the place. Gritty, avant guarde with many college students, or what appear to be college students. I dropped in on a late Sunday afternoon a few weeks back and many jazz playing college students made up a number of trios, quartets, et al. Their professor was there coordinating the thing. The music was hit or miss, but when good, very good. I have not sampled the food, though my impression is that food is definitely not the draw. For those who enjoy a more relaxed jazz venue and young folks, it is a very nice alternative.

Eric Dolphy dog