PDA

View Full Version : Filo

Cardinal
02-15-06, 12:28
Located at San Martin 975, this place usually requires a wait. Good atmosphere, and always crowded, the Italian fare is definately a notch above anything else I tried in Centro. The Pizza is authentic Italian, not US style, and comes highly recommended. I'm not a huge pasta guy, but everyone I was with said it was muey delicioso.

Many, many other dishes to try here. They had lamb chops for a special one day, and they were probably the best I have ever had. If you go for an evening, it will be a long, long wait. Thank God there are bars near by. Lunch is usually about a 5 to 10 minute wait. This is a very large restaurant for BA, so the wait is due to volume of customers, not facilities.

Cardinal

BadMan
04-14-07, 02:59
I went to the Filo in Imprenta about a block away from Persicco last night. I also had a pizza craving. I have heard they had good pizza so I wanted to give it a try. I was pretty dissapointed. The cheese pizza was good but then I ordered the champignon and prosciutto pizza, it wasn't THAT bad but the biggest problem I had there AND at other Argie pizza places is they tend to use canned pickled mushrooms. They taste disgusting, not alone as a side dish, but these give the pizza a very bad flavor. I ordered the pizza and took two bites and left it. I finished off my friends cheese.

The place is pretty good, no better or worse than most. Nothing special in my view. The service was very good, and the place was nicely decorated, they also had a very extensive menu but I didn't get to try it. I would not write this place off but I wouldn't expect anything special as far as pizza is concerned, that is unless you like canned mushrooms:D.

Bad

Dutchie
01-20-09, 02:44
I had twice a good experience in Filo, first time I was there in November 2008 and the pizza was great.

Again I went last night for dinner and the pizza was very nice, I had a pizza rustico. Like all other restaurants the wine list is extensive and there are some very nice wines on the list.

The waitresses and waiters are moderate, not really special except on who always work in the back side. She is very nice, speaks good english (for argentina measurements)

Definately a place to go if you like pizza.

Have fun in BA.

Hope to be back soon!

Dutchie

Ray111
03-26-09, 16:05
Yeh I used to consider this place as one of the best in Buenos Aires for pizza, slightly different to the traditional BA pizza. If you traditional Argentina Pizza, also have a look at 'Los Cuertetos' on Av. Corrientes.

Exon123
03-26-09, 19:59
Yeh I used to consider this place as one of the best in Buenos Aires for pizza, slightly different to the traditional BA pizza. If you traditional Argentina Pizza, also have a look at 'Los Cuertetos' on Av. Corrientes.In my pinion its one of the best, but its also pricy.

Exon

El Queso
03-28-09, 03:01
Four of us had dinner in Filos last night, and it was a mix of success for me.

The bruchettas were excellent as appetizers. We had the regular ones which were diced tomatoes with Italian herbs, very fresh and tasty, and the specials ones which came in four different kinds of toppings with cheese but were not as good imo.

We all split a large pizza, which was very very good, as long as you like thin and crispy (which happens to be my favorite) We ordered Calabresa, but the salami slices were about the size and thickness of pepperoni, which is a very welcome change from the thick slabs of salami one normally gets on a Calabresa in BA.

I had noquis in cuatro queso sauce, which was by far the absolute best 4 cheese sauce I've had in BA. It was smooth and well blended, obviously made by someone who understands that 4 cheese sauce is a sauce and not just four handfuls of four different (alleged) cheeses melted together to form a globbly, oily mess.

The place is narrow, going back aways from the front, and nicely furnished. It has a manekin woman dressed in lingerie bent over about 20 meters from the front door and myself and another of our party thought at first it was a real woman when we walked in.

Very good food, the service was only so-so, the waitress having a very hard time remembering to bring one diner repeatedly asked for ice. But hey, we are in Argentina.

The biggest problem I had with the place is the price. With a moderate tip, the shared total bill came to 90 pesos a person. Good to go to for a change a couple of times a year maybe, but pretty expensive for much more than that.

Hubbster
08-09-09, 19:15
The Pizza is fantastic there but so is the chocolate Mousse .

Jaimito Cartero
10-23-10, 23:55
This place was listed on Groupon. Com. Ar the other week. $13 for $26 worth of food.

I got one and will check it out in the next week or so. If you like 1/2 food deals, you can sign up at http://www.groupon.com.ar

About half food deals, the rest are for massages, beauty services and such.

AllIWantIsLove
10-24-10, 01:53
I visited the site but the Spanish is a bit over my head. And I didn't want to give up an email address without knowing how it will work. In particular, will they send me something I have to print? Of course I don't travel with a printer and haven't had much luck trying to print things in the Internet access shops.

Thanks, Bob

Jaimito Cartero
10-24-10, 03:20
You can just sign up for it, and it will send emails every day to you. You should be able to use one of the online translators to figure it out. Most of them are pretty easy to understand. Most food ones are 50% off, although some are more.

The one I did, does require you to print a voucher. I think it's quite cheap to print out a black / white page (1 peso.

They have most cities in the USA as well, and they have some interesting offers out there. In the USA, they even have some nice hotel deals too.

Wild Walleye
10-24-10, 15:47
You can just sign up for it, and it will send emails every day to you. You should be able to use one of the online translators to figure it out. Most of them are pretty easy to understand. Most food ones are 50% off, although some are more.

The one I did, does require you to print a voucher. I think it's quite cheap to print out a black / white page (1 peso.

They have most cities in the USA as well, and they have some interesting offers out there. In the USA, they even have some nice hotel deals too. Either use your webmail (I. E. Gmail or hotmail) when you sign up or send the voucher to a webmail account and go to one of the places that will let you do both, get web access and print documents. Use their computer to check email and print directly to their printers. That way you don't need to figure anything out.

Alternatively, from your computer, print it to your thumbdrive as a PDF and then open it on their computer and send it to their printer.