PDA

View Full Version : Argentine Made TV's

Thomaso276
02-26-06, 23:00
Anyone have experience with these local brands: Admiral TV from Fravega Talent TV's from Rodo and Telefunken TV's from Garbarino. It would be like BestBuy having their own brand of TV, made with parts from Sanyo, Samsung, etc.

I am considering a purchase but imported TV's are very expensive here, for example a 34" Sony is about 5000 pesos but a 34" Telefunken is 2100.

I am looking for any reliability / service problems with these local brands. I looked into Plasma's and LCD's but the model selection is ridiculously limited and prices are very high.

I looked at Talent LCD's at Rodo and they are the least expensive, sticker says made in Korea and style and design seem to be the same as Living Good (LG) a Korean electronics company, which has some decent quality.

Can anyone confirm Talent LCD's are made by LG?

Thanks.

Sky Ryder
02-27-06, 15:29
Hi Tom,

I have an Admiral 27' I have had for a year with no issues what so ever. It gets used a lot, for DVD's, PlayStation and the lot and seems to have a decent picture. I also have a Telefunken that I bought used, it is about a 24' or so and also no problems. Don't know anything about the LG substitute, but if it is then it is probably a good one, LG seems to be making big inroads all over the world. They have made a big splash the last three years at the Las VEgas electronincs show.

I have had good luck with electronics purchased at Garbrinos and Frevaga as well.

Take Care!

Sky