PDA

View Full Version : Camping gear purchase & rental

Bold Focker
03-05-06, 12:58
I have a chance of a organised camping trip through Argentina and Chile for 23 days. But I need some camping gear, ie sleeping bags amd thermarest which are too big to bring from the UK.

Does anyone know of a shop where I could rent or buy these items in BA.

An email or website or telephone number would be good.

I need these quick as the trip starts on the 11/03/06, but I need to know before I book, that these items are available in BA!

Dickhead
03-05-06, 13:30
Certainly. The camping / hunting / fishing stores are clustered in an area in Congreso very near to Rivadavia and Parana. However, if you are going on a long organized camping trip in Argentina and Chile, I rather suspect you will be starting from Bariloche and that would be an even better place as far as renting is concerned.

Bold Focker
03-05-06, 13:37
You are of course spot on it does start from Bariloche, but I would be much happier if I could arrange this before I get there from The UK.

Do you know of anyway that I could contact them there, are there any big chain stores, that would have store in BA and Bariloche.

We start in Bariloche and end up in BA!

Certainly. The camping / hunting / fishing stores are clustered in an area in Congreso very near to Rivadavia and Parana. However, if you are going on a long organized camping trip in Argentina and Chile, I rather suspect you will be starting from Bariloche and that would be an even better place as far as renting is concerned.

Dickhead
03-05-06, 13:58
There are 86 hundred trillion bazillion places in Bariloche to rent all sorts of camping gear. And, thank god, they are not "big chain stores." Don't even give it a second thought. Don't even damage your brain trying to arrange it from the UK. It would be like me worrying in advance about arranging bangers and mash from Argentina if I were planning to visit the UK again. Or crumpets. Or fog and drizzle.