PDA

View Full Version : Roxanna city tour review

LurkerNoMore
03-11-06, 20:50
Hey guys,

One piece of advice for anyone coming to BA: Give Roxanna a call, and schedule a city tour if you have time. She is a super nice and fun person, and a wealth of information regarding the BA scene. She is also very intelligent and knowledgeable in the history and culture of Argentina. Super highly recommended.

As for the chicas, I have not had the chance to arrange on through Roxanne yet. Went to Orleans and got a 25 yo very light skinned, very dark-haired chica named Fabiana (sp? She looks more Russian that Argentinean. She was very pretty, but was also $300 pesos, from what I heard is above the going rate of 250. But I am a bad negotiator, especially on my first day (a little to eager?

LurkerNoMore

El Perro
03-11-06, 21:16
Hey guys-

She was very pretty, but was also $300 pesos, from what I heard is above the going rate of 250. But I am a bad negotiator, especially on my first day (a little to eager?

LurkerNoMoreIf you see her again, explain that you are a newbie. My guess is that she will be glad to do you for 200p.

Dickhead
03-11-06, 22:14
"above the going rate of 250"

ROTFLMAO

Full Throttle
03-12-06, 00:29
I checked many companies when I brought some friends to be. A.

The price ranged from US$7 to $16, the latter being the hotel super-duper recommendation. Roxana's service is a little different, I suppose, as the price was many times higher.

That said, Moondog, who I respect as a refined monger, recommended her anyway. Still, our $7 tour was okay, and the guide spoke passable English. It was a very modern bus, and included a guided tour of Recoleta, government buildings, Porto Madero, San Telmo, and, finally, Boca.

One little hint is to find out the very last hotel stop when they are picking up, and take a taxi to that hotel.

At the end of the journey, either hang out in Boca, enjoy the nice tango bars and art, then take a taxi home, OR, get off at the very first hotel and take a taxi from there to your hotel. This might add $4 total to your tour, but save you an hour or more.

A walking tour can cover almost everything the riding tour does. Everybody has to go down Florida Street, anyway, so you might as well start in San Martin Park, walk the entire street, and visit the government buildings and museums which are just at the end.

On another day, go to Boca in the afternoon, shop for art, then hang out in an informal tango bar. Stay upwind of the water.

Everybody spends time in Recoleta, so that will take care of itself.

FT

Coach 245
09-09-06, 19:28
I have taken Roxana up on her City Tour and gone to the Tango with her. I must admit that I found her and the tours to be very entertaining. Please check with her and see what she has available! I believe you will find it is money well spent!

Coach