PDA

View Full Version : Seamstress or Tailor for repairs and alterations

Skip1
03-15-06, 07:25
I can recommend a seamstress - tailor shop called Armin at Junin 24 near Rivadavia. Its a few blocks from Plaza del Congreso.

I have had no luck w. Custom tailored stuff in Argentina or in Asia and Argentine leather jackets etc are just not my style so I'm not talking about custom stuff.

But I brought a favorite leather jacket w. Me that I bought at the Gap in San Francisco. The lining and one of the pockets were worn out and torn. I brought it in to get the pocket and lining redone. The lady was pleasant and friendly and quoted me 100 pesos which, by local standards, is high but fair.

I've worn the jacket for 3 months or so and the work seems very solid. She does all kinds of alterations and repairs.

But understand she works on the Argentine "late, but not as late as the Virgin Mary" system. If you are in a rush or have a very specific schedule, beware.

Mpexy
03-15-06, 10:46
There's a little group of tailor / seamstress shops in a small L-shaped building section at the corner of Guido and Montevideo. I've used two of them for fairly minor alterations but it was relatively quick (3 days to wait from drop-off to pickup) and seemed to be good service.

Jackpot
03-15-06, 19:58
A good place for repairs, dry cleaning, ironing,.

And laundry @ 6p for 5 kilos.

Service is good and delivery times usually punctual.

They do leather and custom cleanig.

I go to the one on Rodriguez Pena betwn Las Heras.

And Vicente Lopez. There are many others scattered.

Around Barrio Norte.

Jackpot