PDA

View Full Version : Bar Gibralter

El Perro
04-04-06, 01:01
Hung out here today from about 7pm til 11 pm. Great place in San Telmo. Peru 895 and Estados Unidos. Expat friendly bar / restaurant with good food, a variety of beers (IPA!), and a very nice pool table in the rear. Shot pool with Brits, Norweigens (sp) and locals. Fed my leftover Vietnamese dish (very good) to the house mutt out back. If you like the San Telmo vibe, add this place to your list. Highly recommended.

The dog

El Perro
04-08-06, 14:47
Did Gibralter again last night. After a slow start was on the pool table for about 3 hours. Had a porteno partner, that with false modesty, I carried. Reminded me of my pool shooting heyday in Miami Beach. The place was packed. Mostly youngsters, but with some ol guard mixed in. A number of doables, but not great for quality. Still, wonderful local flavor, cheap suds, good eats and a house dog. I love house dogs.

Dog

El Queso
11-06-07, 16:48
I went there with a couple of buddies Saturday, and in fact saw Doggboy there as well!

The IPA ale was pretty good (Stone cask aged) very nice to have something different from regular beer, imported or otherwise.

They have sushi on Sunday nights, not great, but not bad - it was fresh and reasonable.

They have without a doubt the spiciest meal I've had in Buenos Aires thus far. Green Thai curry, which was really good. I've had better in the States, but this was the absolute best ethnic meal I've had in BA. Fresh, large chunks of ginger, fresh lemon grass and a good amount of chicken, served with white rice in a bowl.

The place is not recommended for dining only, perhaps - it is small and can be crowded. We stood up in the back, outside and ate at a small round English-pub-like table. It's more like a place for a couple of guys to go where you can pick up a good meal, have a good couple of pints and play some pool (only one table)

Also, nice place to look at the scenery, there were a number of young ladies in there, but many of them seemed to be paired up with guys, although there were a couple of groups of women only.

Smuler
11-07-07, 03:36
The IPA ale was pretty good (Stone cask aged)

Are we talking about Stone IPA from San Marcos California?

Smuler

El Queso
11-07-07, 04:10
To be honest, I'm not sure where it's from. But it was pretty good, and pulled like a good English pub. A little on the weak side compared to real british ales, so it may well be from California.

Rock Harders
11-07-07, 09:33
Mongers-

All "Stone" branded beers sold in Argentina are brewed in faraway, exotic Pilar, located about 40 minutes from Recoleta.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler