PDA

View Full Version : Late night bars

Billy 32
04-04-06, 02:12
I need a good late night bar where I can go throw a few back. I know of Kilkenny's and I am looking in the Centro area. A lot of nights I don't get started until 1 AM and I do not always want to deal with chicas. I used to go to Exedra late night but when I am not in the mood it gets annoying trying to avoid eye contact. I am not really looking for an outdoor cafe type place either, something akin to an old hole in the wall honky tonk. Thanks for any insight.

Billy

Rock Harders
04-04-06, 04:34
Billy 32

If you are looking for a good bar to get drunk minus professional putas and lots of obnoxious noise, I have the place for you. It's called Jack The Ripper, and it is located in Barrio Norte on Montevideo between Paraguay and Marcelo T. De Alvear. The place is dark, and the drinks are cheap. The place usually attracts Portenos, as it is not a touristy sort of place. I once went here at 4:30 AM really pissed off after Milion wouldn't let me in (they were closed for the night) and I Sat at the bar alone and took shots with the bartender until sunrise. Definetly a "real drinking bar" as their slogan claims.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler

Billy 32
04-04-06, 04:41
Thanks man, that is what I need, a non touristy place to get drunk on cheap Quilmes. All the normal spots close too damn early on a Monday, I will definately check it out.

Dickhead
04-04-06, 11:28
Try Temple Bar on Marcelo T between C Pellegrini and Suipacha.

FredCool
04-11-06, 14:56
If you realy want a late night (after hour, club) go to "kaix" on Sunday, start at 8am, yes at 8am:-)

Lot of creazy people there, but it is worth to go there onetime:-)

Take care,

FredCool

Rock Harders
04-12-06, 05:58
Mongers,

El Alamo is now back to being open 24 hours a day, so anybody looking for a mellow place to get inebriated without anybody bothering you has it. Also they are running a special happy hour from 2-4 am featuring free unlimited draft beer, so you can get stewed for almost nothing.

Suerte,

Dirk Diggler