PDA

View Full Version : Where to find Bagels

Pijudo
04-15-06, 03:09
Where can I find bagels (real ones) in this city?

Moore
04-15-06, 05:49
I don't remember seeing them but I never looked for them either. If you have to find one possibly try one of the Jewish neighborhoods. Theres even a Kosher McDonalds at Abasto mall (1st one in the world).

Pijudo
04-15-06, 16:07
Thank you. I am searching online, but no bagels. (Of course I am not expecting them toasted with cream cheese, I am sure that is not a possibility in BA)

Knuckhead
04-17-06, 23:16
What is the Spanish word for "Bagel", after all?

Moore
04-17-06, 23:58
Betcha its "bagel".

Pijudo
04-22-06, 19:59
Must be just bagel what else? I will keep looking. Thank you guys!

Jackson
04-23-06, 23:18
The discussion regarding the Jewish population in Argentina has been moved to:

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2838

El Perro
04-23-06, 23:38
Goblin doesn't like bagels because they remind him of anal intercourse. And Jackson, it was off topic, but fun was had!

ComeOnDown
05-08-06, 13:05
I get my bagels in two shops.

1. Confiteria Talcahuano - Talcahuano 1147

Just you're basic poppy seed or garlic type bagels. Its best to buy them in the morning because they only baked them once a day. Although still good, the ones that you'll get in the afternoon has been in the shelf for hours.

2. De Javu Coffee House - Migueletes 981

This resto / coffee place is located in the La Imprenta district of Belgrano. Its not a confiteria so you can only have them in sandwich type prepared by them. I tried the ham / tomato / green variety and it was quite good. Cost including coffee is A$ 12.

Ignacio
05-14-06, 23:52
Bar 6 in Palermo

Bacchus9
05-24-06, 19:02
Big Mamma.

Matienzo 1599 - Ciudad de Buenos Aires.

Tel: 4772-0926

Palermo.

Cocina - Deli.

Horarios:Todos los días mediodía, tarde why noche.

Big Mamma logra reproducir la experiencia "Deli" neoyorquina trasplantada al corazón de palermo.

Especialidades:

En Sandwiches: Bagel & Lox, Roast Beef, Pastrami why quesos. En Platos: Yarkoie, borsch con crema agria, lentejas

Pijudo
08-16-06, 19:31
Thank why'all a lot

Out for Flesh
08-17-06, 23:05
What is the Spanish word for "Bagel", after all?I doubt there is any (classical) Spanish word for "Bagle". Jews were expelled from Spain in 1492 and they never returned. So, if the word has entered Argentinian Spanish, it is a loan word.

On the other hand, there are some things which may resemble a bagle: rosquillas and, especially, buñuelos come to my mind, though the latter tend to be always sweet, and not always with a hole, and the former have always a hole, but they are not fluffy. So, why not coin the term "rosñuelos"?

ComeOnDown
11-06-07, 15:53
I have finally suceeded in my quest for authentic bagels. You can have a fairly decent, although not yet at par with New York delis, bagels with all the works at Oui Oui Restaurant located at Palermo Viejo - Nicaragua 6068.

They have a website which they have yet to improve.

www.ouioui.com.ar

Member #3314
11-06-07, 16:46
I can't remember where it was but it was in Palermo they had bagles and lox and all the other stuff.

If I remember correctly they advertise in the BA Herald.

I had one and got 6 to go, pretty good.

Daddy Rulz
11-06-07, 22:07
The area between Almagro and Once is the Jewish Ghetto (Abasto shopping even has a kosher McDonalds) just wander between Corrientes and Cordoba around Abasto Shopping, more towards Almagro than Once there are all kinds of Jewish Deli's and Kosher establishments.

BundaLover
11-07-07, 01:32
Yikes I'm Jewish but avoid our cooking like the plague. You mean you guys are in one of the greatest international cities of the world for cuisine and try to eat Kosher? Geeezus Christo! Good Jews learned a long time ago to try the spicy chicken and green curry or perish. Whats next, Jewish privado girls? " we don't lick that thing who knows where its been?

Smuler
11-07-07, 03:37
Check Mark's Deli@ El Salvador 4701

Best Regards.

Smuler